Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I was at Walgreens tonight getting cold supplies and found these face cleansing pads. They're like the ones JoE recommends only bigger. I'm going to try them tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hurray! I did it! No not place an order but finally got through all these posts! Don't quiz me on it, though; some of you are way to knowledgeable for me. I'll be honest and say I just skimmed the technical parts - I trust your judgement.

Okay, so I emailed Joelle (she's wonderful) seeking advice for: 49 year old, fine wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, dull-looking, crepey eyelids (both upper and under), blackheads on the nose, some on the cheeks and chin, with occasional breakouts; oh yes, and oily t-zone but dry cheeks.

She suggested the starter kit with:
- professional cleanser
- mild scrub
- vit A kombi 1
- eye cream

But the least I should get are:
- oxygen face cream
- mild scrub

Given the skin problems I have, what do you think I should do? I thought about skipping the cleanser but saw some posts that it really helped with blackheads which is a problem for me. While the kit has everything, I would probably not use the eye cream right away because I'm just getting over dermatitis on my eyelids (saw a dr for rx) so I'm not using anything on my eyes for now. (The cause of the rash is undetermined too.)

I am on a budget and will need to start off slowly BUT I'm so excited reading all your posts and have been wanting a good skin care regimen with noticeable results. I've been on PSF (HA serum, perfecting day lotion, .05% retinol) for about 2 months which has been okay. However, given the great results so many are reporting after only a few weeks (or days) use, makes me want to give up on PSF and try this.

How does this sound:
- professional cleanser
- mild scrub (do I need this?)
- oxygen face cream
- vita A kombi

Do you think these are the "must have" basics? I'm not sure in what order I would use this so would need to ask all of you or Joelle about that too. She also said the oxygen face cream can be used as a moisturizer - do you use it that way? For some reason I got the impression it's used periodically or after a breakout versus every day.

Thank you for reading my post and responding if you're able to. But most of all, thank you to all of you who post and share the good, the bad and the ugly!! Don't know what I'd do without you! Very Happy
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Hurray! I did it! No not place an order but finally got through all these posts! Don't quiz me on it, though; some of you are way to knowledgeable for me. I'll be honest and say I just skimmed the technical parts - I trust your judgement.

Okay, so I emailed Joelle (she's wonderful) seeking advice for: 49 year old, fine wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, dull-looking, crepey eyelids (both upper and under), blackheads on the nose, some on the cheeks and chin, with occasional breakouts; oh yes, and oily t-zone but dry cheeks.

She suggested the starter kit with:
- professional cleanser
- mild scrub
- vit A kombi 1
- eye cream

But the least I should get are:
- oxygen face cream
- mild scrub

Given the skin problems I have, what do you think I should do? I thought about skipping the cleanser but saw some posts that it really helped with blackheads which is a problem for me. While the kit has everything, I would probably not use the eye cream right away because I'm just getting over dermatitis on my eyelids (saw a dr for rx) so I'm not using anything on my eyes for now. (The cause of the rash is undetermined too.)

I am on a budget and will need to start off slowly BUT I'm so excited reading all your posts and have been wanting a good skin care regimen with noticeable results. I've been on PSF (HA serum, perfecting day lotion, .05% retinol) for about 2 months which has been okay. However, given the great results so many are reporting after only a few weeks (or days) use, makes me want to give up on PSF and try this.

How does this sound:
- professional cleanser
- mild scrub (do I need this?)
- oxygen face cream
- vita A kombi

Do you think these are the "must have" basics? I'm not sure in what order I would use this so would need to ask all of you or Joelle about that too. She also said the oxygen face cream can be used as a moisturizer - do you use it that way? For some reason I got the impression it's used periodically or after a breakout versus every day.

Thank you for reading my post and responding if you're able to. But most of all, thank you to all of you who post and share the good, the bad and the ugly!! Don't know what I'd do without you! Very Happy

Maybe you should buy the cleanser and then ask for samples of the other products you'd like to try to see how they work out before buying the full size.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My products arrived - very excited! The order came so quickly that I think I need to wait a bit before I can begin ... I confess to being a bit flustered and head-swamped from reading all of this thread in the wee hours of the morning in the last week, plus all the other EDS threads I've been following, and I think I've lost the plot and don't have the time to go back and read it all the way through again.

SO, KH experts of EDS, can I ask your advice please. Do I need to have eased off my old regime (which included retin-a and vit c) for a few days before I can start on KH Professional Cleansing and Vita-A-Kombi 1?

Thanks for your help.

Signed,

Confused & Broke (but Excited & Hopeful) in the UK

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
My products arrived - very excited! The order came so quickly that I think I need to wait a bit before I can begin ... I confess to being a bit flustered and head-swamped from reading all of this thread in the wee hours of the morning in the last week, plus all the other EDS threads I've been following, and I think I've lost the plot and don't have the time to go back and read it all the way through again.

SO, KH experts of EDS, can I ask your advice please. Do I need to have eased off my old regime (which included retin-a and vit c) for a few days before I can start on KH Professional Cleansing and Vita-A-Kombi 1?

Thanks for your help.

Signed,

Confused & Broke (but Excited & Hopeful) in the UK

Blesst,
Since you have breakouts, I think the Oxy face would be wise to have around. Maybe the cleanser and ask for samples of VitaK and the scrub. How's that?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady, thought I was the only one having trouble retaining all this info, and just from this one thread too!

BluesHeart & Jom, now that I've had time to sleep and rest my brain a little, I think you're right about starting slower. I will purchase the Oxygen Face Cream and Professional Cleanser, and request a sample for the Vit A Kombi 1. Thank you for keeping my feet on the ground!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm experiencing a few zits lately. Should I try the oxygen face cream?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I'm experiencing a few zits lately. Should I try the oxygen face cream?

You need to be clearer. Are you saying the KH products are causing blemishes? Or that you've experiencing them with your current program?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I have not yet tried Karin Herzog products. I am getting zits from the current program, but I admit I started to try some samples my doctor gave me, which I think caused the breakout. I was looking for something to help clear my skin. It sounds like Karin Herzog products can help with blemishes. I'd like to start with something mild. Is the Oxygen Face Cream the mildest they have?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I have not yet tried Karin Herzog products. I am getting zits from the current program, but I admit I started to try some samples my doctor gave me, which I think caused the breakout. I was looking for something to help clear my skin. It sounds like Karin Herzog products can help with blemishes. I'd like to start with something mild. Is the Oxygen Face Cream the mildest they have?

As noted in aforementioned threads, those using the oxygen face had great results with acne. It would probably be a smart place to start.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
BH, I went back to the first page of the thread to see if I could find out how you came to know about this product line. I saw your mention of JoElla web site. Is there a link you can provide to this web site? I am sorry I don't have time to look for this link if it's posted in one of the other pages of this thread. I have a doctor's appointment to go to right about now. Thanks in advance for reposting if one was posted before.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
BH, I went back to the first page of the thread to see if I could find out how you came to know about this product line. I saw your mention of JoElla web site. Is there a link you can provide to this web site? I am sorry I don't have time to look for this link if it's posted in one of the other pages of this thread. I have a doctor's appointment to go to right about now. Thanks in advance for reposting if one was posted before.

I was researching the Osmosis skincare line and saw the mention at the same seller for Karin Herzog. I was intrigued enough to try a few products. The rest is history. JoElla Milan's website is http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/ FWIW, I've probably purchased less from her than most people on this thread as I started with products I purchased on Ebay. I have decided to continue purchasing from her as I need to reorder because she's been very helpful to those who've contacted her, she gives a discount of 10% and offers free shipping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, would you mind sharing how to use the Oxygen Face Cream? I've read it used as a mask, spot treatment or daily moisturizer - I'm confused? Since I'm starting (well, still have to buy it) with only that and the professional cleanser, I'm wondering how to best use it. I have mature skin with the usual issues, occasional breakouts and blackheads on the nose.

Thanks!

Oh yes, I will purchase from Joella too since she's been so helpful in responding to my questions. Ummmm, I guess I could have asked her about the Oxygen FC method? BUT could you still tell me your thoughts? Confused
calexander10

Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello..I've been following the chat rooms for great info on Karin Herzog, Osmosis Skin care all purchased thru JoElla Milan. Been using KH for about 1 month...my acne has almost all dissapeared. Only downside is that now I'm dealing w/ enlarged pores I swear I never had before?! Don't know if that's caused from the mineral oil, or my lack of exfoliation as of late?
Anyway, I'm writing to let ScotLass know from her mid-May entry that I called the Aura Research number (before I even read your post) and got thru to someone. I wanted to get an ingredient and price list since all the info that the founder wrote on his site really intrigued me (no fragrances and no mineral oil compared to KH, plus his explanation was much more in depth than anything I've found thru KH reps or sites) I also wanted to know what the "scoop" was with their line vs. KH, since they seem almost identical. Was he the founder of this idea in 1990 or was Karin Herzog? I'm confused. I asked the gal if she could help me and she said she didn't know of the skincare line I was speaking of...and she works there?! Is she just avoiding talking about this line? She told me a rep would call me back with that info, as this rep knows everything about their products, etc. So we'll see if I get a call back, but I'd be interested to hear if you or anyone else knows anything about this "mystery" company or has tried their products?? Thanks!

Also, since I'm still somewhat leary about the free radical oxygen cream debate...is there anyone here who has used the KH line for a number of years with lasting results (since they say that eventually free radicals will result in accelerated ageing) This would make me feel better hearing from a long time user vs. reading all these technical studies that I can't completely grasp
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dancing I received my order !!Dancing Oxy Face, VK2, and Vit.H!! I am so happy !!

However, I must say I am disappointed by the fact that the eSkinCareStore guys didn't include a single KH sample Confused , even though I asked for VK1 and Eye cream, and even though they said they would include extra samples, because I had to wait long while they were restocking their supplies Eh? . They did include several (3-4) small samples (1 use per packet, perhaps) I am not interested at all. I will have to send them an e-mail with a complaint.

Anyway, I am happy I received my stuff and will start with it tonight.

My plan is to start with Oxy face for a couple of days and then slowly incorporate VK2 (maybe every 3rd day to start with). What do you think?

Thanks, R.

P.S. I will try get a sample of VK1 from a local spa and start with that.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Dancing I received my order !!Dancing Oxy Face, VK2, and Vit.H!! I am so happy !!

However, I must say I am disappointed by the fact that the eSkinCareStore guys didn't include a single KH sample Confused , even though I asked for VK1 and Eye cream, and even though they said they would include extra samples, because I had to wait long while they were restocking their supplies Eh? . They did include several (3-4) small samples (1 use per packet, perhaps) I am not interested at all. I will have to send them an e-mail with a complaint.

Anyway, I am happy I received my stuff and will start with it tonight.

My plan is to start with Oxy face for a couple of days and then slowly incorporate VK2 (maybe every 3rd day to start with). What do you think?

Thanks, R.

P.S. I will try get a sample of VK1 from a local spa and start with that.

Good deal Rubby. Glad you're stuff made it to you. I don't have acne issues. Why don't you pm either Vonstella or Yogi and ask how they applied the oxy for starters. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
calexander,
Hi, welcome to the thread. That's great about your acne. One of the issues that was resolved for me was pore size. It looks as if I have none. I had some orange peel type looking skin on my cheeks and not even dr. office peels had eliminated it. I'm very happy to say that my pores are invisible *yeah* . Which of the Kombi products are you using and have you tried any of the fruit acid products?

Wed May 21, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome BluesHeart. No, I haven't tried KH AHA's. I was trying to stay away from any product that contained preservatives, and didn't want to buy the oxygen cream w/ AHA's (which contains no preservative) just yet b/c it's an investment I don't want to make until I'm sure I really love the line (I'm currently using Vita-A Kombi 2 to answer your question) Also, after researching the Osmosis line, which JoElla also sells, his philosophy is that chronic exfoliation is bad for epidermal health. Of coure, I tried that line, and didn't like it after one and a half months. So, I'm becoming more open to exfoliation again, b/c I feel like I look like that orange anaology you described! I've never had that before, so I don't know if it's the mineral oil or what?! Anyway, thanks for your comments.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I did email JoElla about the application method for the Oxygen FC; she said I could use it as both a mask and moisturizer. As a mask, it can be left on your face from 10-20 minutes. As a moisturizer, pat a pearl size amount on my face both AM/PM and it shouldn't dry me out.

She recommends I really get the mild scrub to use after the OFC mask. (Note, I am struggling with blackheads.) Has anyone tried the scrub yet? I know I saw posts about it buried in this thread but I don't remember exactly who said what.

Thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI for anyone waiting for KH from EDS...I emailed about my KH order and got the following reply:

We are just waiting for our Karin Herzog shipment to arrive [b]this Friday, May 23rd. Karin Herzog is one of our newest and most popular lines that we just recently brought in. We have had such wonderful response from our clients, but unfortunately has depleted most of our inventory. As soon as our Karin Herzog shipment arrives, you parcel will be shipped immediately.[/b]

I have to admit that EDS has great customer service...lighting fast replies to any emails!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all how could I go about getting some sample of KH in particular some eye creams... I'm desperate to try some new once as the once I have now are doing nothing for me..
If I can't get samples can someone recommend an eye cream to me from KH..
I'm 21. Have lines, dry under eye area and some minor dark circles..
I'm very very interested in this line after reading the reviews.. all my other skin care is dermalogica..
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi seno, I only know of one eye cream that KH sells and I love it. I use it on the lids and around my eyes and it really helps me with the lines. I do not really pay attention to my dark circles and I know I have them from lack of sleep, but am more concerned with my eyelids and lines under the eyes.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yippeee! Following JoElla's recommendations, I just placed my order for the Oxygen Face Cream and Mild Scrub!! Very Happy I requested a sample of any of the following - Vit A Kombi, Vit H, Vit A Apricot Cream, Professional Cleanser - crossing my fingers I'll get to try a few of these too!
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hi seno, I only know of one eye cream that KH sells and I love it. I use it on the lids and around my eyes and it really helps me with the lines. I do not really pay attention to my dark circles and I know I have them from lack of sleep, but am more concerned with my eyelids and lines under the eyes.

That sounds exactly like me! Is the 'line reduction' something permanent and is it moisturizing? My under eye are is very dry? Also could I use it as a 21 year old?
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I had my first KH experience last night. Used the Prof Cleansing and V-K-1. Obviously too early to report anything other than there doesn't appear to be any adverse effects. Thanks to the detailed instructions at the beginning of this thread, I knew how best to use the Cleansing - and only used a very small amount of VK1.

I've also ordered the Vita A Kombi Oil, as I'm worried in case I experience dryness in the next few weeks. I placed my order through the UK KH site, and requested samples. Are there any other UK users? If so, which sites do you buy from and have you had success in receiving samples? There are quite a few products I'm interested in.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |