Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Quality and Volume of Posts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I have no problem with one liners as long as they contribute. I'm not sure which person you're talking about but if it is the one I am thinking of, I just looked at their profile and all of their posts and the majority of them contribute to the forum. Let's face it, we can have long posts that have absolutely no contribution as well.

I suppose what it boils down to is the debate over what constitutes a contribution? For me, I like to read through the posts for people's experiences whether they are positive or negative, as well as the number of people that "like" a certain product or not will influence whether I purchase that product. Most of MY posts are short - I don't see the point of repeating what someone else has already said and if I really like a product I like to chime in a positive vote for that product, likewise if I agree with something I like to have the chance to say "I agree". However I can see the point when people are receiving emails regarding certain posts and all they seem to get are (people like me)those who just want to agree.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't mind short or long posts, as long as they are contributing something. The way I look at it, if someone just posts "I second that", then that means to me that just another person agrees, making the previous posters "post" more viable. The posts that really bother me are people that maybe don't read what the POST actually says and then asks questions that were already answered, or they post something that is so off the beaten path, it has nothing to do with what the person is posting as a question or concern. But I have to say that I frequent this site everyday, and I have grown to enjoy most people's posts!! I learn so much, and of course I have favorite posters on here!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree that it's a shame to clog things up with one-liners, but I also think that "brevity is the soul of wit" and would rather read a succinct factual entry than a rambling long post with no real information.
There's no happy medium when the Humans are at it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
heima wrote:
I agree

sorry, but lmao!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
One thing the Internet proves over and over is that the line between irony and cluelessness is a difficult one to police.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
One thing the Internet proves over and over is that the line between irony and cluelessness is a difficult one to police.

rofl my arse off!
havana8

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
bump
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question, what is someone posts both long AND short posts? Meaning they have some one liners but they also have some real input posts...what then?
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and I noticed that some of the higher up there in posts people have a lot of one liners and no real input, I hope there isn't favoritism going on amongst the moderators Sad
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:34 am      Reply with quote
AMIntheMorning wrote:
Oh and I noticed that some of the higher up there in posts people have a lot of one liners and no real input, I hope there isn't favoritism going on amongst the moderators Sad

I don't see any favouritism whatsoever. Some one liners do add input. The real problem is when people are obviously just posting with no other real intention other than to boost their post number in order to obtain a higher discount. You usually see this in newer members, often those who have joined a day or so ago and who go through old posts, continually adding comments.

This means that you have to wade through 50 or more topics (usually with the addition of such illuminating comments as "Me too!"/"I will try it!"/"Thank you!" or something entirely random where the poster obviously has not even bothered to read the thread, in order for you to find legitimate posts to read.

Also, many people subscribe to threads of interest and are alerted when new comments are posted. Imagine how annoying it is when they suddenly receive a barrage of 50 or so emails to tell them that these threads have been updated - only for them to find that they are all made by the same person on a post-number-boosting spree.
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Ah okay I see where you're coming from and I'm glad to see there is no favoritism going on. I was just worried that if I make a few short posts and some long ones which I do, I make both that I will labeled as posting just to increase my post rating.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
AMIntheMorning wrote:
Ah okay I see where you're coming from and I'm glad to see there is no favoritism going on. I was just worried that if I make a few short posts and some long ones which I do, I make both that I will labeled as posting just to increase my post rating.

No, there's absolutely no need to worry about making short posts - just so long as it's something you genuinely want to say and not just to boost your number of posts (you'd be surprised at how many people do this). The length of your posts doesn't really matter - it's the contents that count! Smile
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
OK...today's posting-bomb offically pushed me over the edge. Both the skincare and product review forums were trashed by an idiot who cut and pasted a one liner into a couple dozen threads, pushing active threads off into the back pages. This made me as angry as if I returned home from work to find that someone had spray painted graffiti all over my house.

Dammit, EDS is a nice community full of helpful folks sharing their opinions, questions, and experiences. It's incredibly selfish and inconsiderate to the community to behave that way. And, in my judgment, a person who "earned" a discount in that matter and tried to place an order using the discount is a thief, nothing less, for paying less than retail price through a dishonestly gotten post count.

I presume the poster in question has been banned. Shame on her...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
i hope the poster has been banned. This annoyed me too and i complained to the moderator as well in hopes of being banned Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote

Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mabsy

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for all the reports ladies. The posts in question have been deleted and the user won't be posting them again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Thank you for all the reports ladies. The posts in question have been deleted and the user won't be posting them again.

Thank you...although it was good for a laugh..I don't think I've ever seen cool, kind-hearted majorb get into such a tizzy before Laughing
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the cleanup, Mabsy. I know we see only the tip of the iceberg of what you have to deal with as moderator. We're appreciative of what you do to keep our forum tidy.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:16 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

Thank you...although it was good for a laugh..I don't think I've ever seen cool, kind-hearted majorb get into such a tizzy before Laughing

I'm afraid that it brought out my inner drama queen. Embarassed
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
That makes an interesting reading. I did not realize you could paste short responses her and there to boost your score. You have to give the girl some credit. Laughing
i feel sorry for the moderators though. let's just hope it is not going to happen again and we are all her to learn something. Razz
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Are people with poor posts allowed to win the prize draw? It'd be worth checking the winning tickets for feeble contributions.

I'm not suggesting this has ever happened, btw, I'm sure all previous winners are model posters Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Also, when someone thanks someone or congratulates them it doesn't exaxctly add anything to the thread, but it's a nice thing to do anyway.

Would it be possible not to include very short answers in the post count, so that people can just add these things without gaining anything?
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Shock Wow really, now I look like a jerk because I just read through a bunch of forums and gave input? I gave input I thought would be of use to others... who knew you had to be an expert to contribute to the sacred forums! What's the sense of offering discounts for forum posts and then turning around and becoming annoyed when people are doing just that? Maybe some might view some posts as "useless"... now I feel as if I will be crucified for my enthusiasm and heaven forbid that I posted 15 reviews in a row.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Kat ~<3 wrote:
Shock Wow really, now I look like a jerk because I just read through a bunch of forums and gave input? I gave input I thought would be of use to others... who knew you had to be an expert to contribute to the sacred forums! What's the sense of offering discounts for forum posts and then turning around and becoming annoyed when people are doing just that? Maybe some might view some posts as "useless"... now I feel as if I will be crucified for my enthusiasm and heaven forbid that I posted 15 reviews in a row.

Kat ~<3, I think you misunderstand. The mad poster in question had pasted the exact same unrelated sentence into at least 50 threads. Not only did it clog up the forum with dozens of resurrected threads with the same nonsensical sentence, it also pushed the active threads to the back and promptly released notifications to the thousands of members who were watching/subscribed to those threads. Imagine logging in to read the exact same sentence from the same person over and over and over again which, yes, would be considered rude, inconsiderate and annoying in any discussion in any community.

Hopefully you are able to read this entire thread as you will find that genuine contributions are *always* welcomed and appreciated whether as one post or 1000. As mentioned above, the length of the posts do not really matter and you do not need to "be an expert to contribute to the sacred forums" as you mention but since it is a community of discussions based on sharing experiences and information, hopefully whatever is posted contributes *something* relevant to said discussion.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |