Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kirnicko
5% products discount

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I find it interesting that you said you do the dermarolling "as aggressively as I can". I am unsure how to do the dermarolling, sometimes just rolling it over my skin lightly (still hurts) and sometimes pressing harder and I hear the little "pops". Its just so painful, but which way is correct? I have a lot of broken capilaries and I wasn't sure if dermarolling was exacerbating this. . . . .
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
kirnicko wrote:
I find it interesting that you said you do the dermarolling "as aggressively as I can". I am unsure how to do the dermarolling, sometimes just rolling it over my skin lightly (still hurts) and sometimes pressing harder and I hear the little "pops". Its just so painful, but which way is correct? I have a lot of broken capilaries and I wasn't sure if dermarolling was exacerbating this. . . . .

I highly recommend getting some numbing cream. It will help you tolerate the pain. I don't think you have to roll "as aggressively as I can"...but you do want to get some little blood spots. I rolled quite a few times getting the "pops" but hardly any bloodspots, until I started using numbing cream. Now I can press harder and I get a lot more blood spots Rolling Eyes
*Roll with intention, rather than aggression (good life advice too Wink )

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
kirnicko
5% products discount

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Aww, thanks for the response. Do you think this is making the capillaries worse? Or curing them? Theoretically I can surmise both ways. . . . .
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
kirnicko wrote:
Aww, thanks for the response. Do you think this is making the capillaries worse? Or curing them? Theoretically I can surmise both ways. . . . .

I don't know if rolling makes (broken?) capillaries worse. It hasn't done that to my face. But I also don't think it will cure them. Maybe some other folks can speak about their experience?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Prettiwylde

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Only new but wanted to say dermarolling has almost obliterated the hateful stretch marks on my breasts, stomach and thighs.
4 breastfed babies and I've tried everything but was too embarrassed, terrified and poor for lasers.
These work.
taffyvalley

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 am      Reply with quote
reading and searching for 2 months now and had one facial which included a .5 rolling.
I'm a believer and ready to get my roller and get rolling! (with just a few more questions)
What I summarize from the medical research (which I know can be slanted, even if in a real journal) is:
1. A .5 roller was just as if not more effective that longer needles for increased collagen
2. The body's inflammatory sequence/cascade in response to rolling is the basis for collagen increase and takes 6 weeks to complete.

And then either...

3. Rolling during the healing period interferes with/interrupts the increase of collagen (type 1)
OR
3. Rolling should be done with .5 roller once a week.????
How do you EDS DIY researchers summarize the protocol for length of needles and frequency?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 am      Reply with quote
taffyvalley wrote:

How do you EDS DIY researchers summarize the protocol for length of needles and frequency?

I follow the guidelines posted at owndoc:
http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

See page 3, for a 0.5 recommendation is 1-3 times a week.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
taffyvalley wrote:

I follow the guidelines posted at owndoc:
http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

See page 3, for a 0.5 recommendation is 1-3 times a week.

Owndoc has a nice write up, but the professionals who have done clinicals and histology tests don't use the same recommendations. Granted, she is a seller of rollers and I personally buy from her site, but I haven't found any clinical studies with her name on them, nor do I believe that she has extensively rolled patients on a professional level.

I would suggest that new rollers read this book, or at least read the book review thread.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Concise-Guide-Dermal-Needling/dp/0473173212

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45819

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
i've only started really working with dermarollers. i have a 0.25 one somewhere, a cheapie. it never did much for me so i put away the idea for a while. reading these forums made me inclined to get a 1.5 to try to roll on a smallpox vaccine scar that i've had forever that i HATE. anyhow, the first time i rolled (aggressively) on it, it looked like the scar tissue "renewed" in a strange way and it looked more like a fresh scar. i stuck a hydrocolloid bandage over it because i was a little freaked out by the micro-trauma. it's been a few weeks, and i believe i see some noticeable improvement. i only wish i had taken some pictures of it before treating it at all. i will definitely do this in the future!
blurredlines

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Have been using the 0.5mm Derma Roller since two months now and it has faded my acne scars and blemish marks drastically! No skincare, lotions or potions have done the trick for me really. This is a little uncomfy to use but no pain, no gain eh? I use it with a numbing cream which reduces the unpleasant feeling drastically. I got mine from an online salon called Shumaila's Hair & Beauty, (google it) for around £30 and it's not bad quality at all. Surprised

So excited to use it for the next few months and see all my scars disappear completely. Hopefully!
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Numbing cream is a must! I use 1.5 and started without numbing cream. Boy, am I glad I finally tried the cream what a difference it makes!

My results are spectacular with dermarolling. I have before and after pictures starting in 2010 and it's incredible the difference in my skin! 3 years older and my skin looks 10 years younger.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rapunzell

How often do you do the 1.5 roller, and how long did you roll for? thanks
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:10 am      Reply with quote
I rolled every 6 weeks for about 1.5 years. I stopped for about 10 months and am now going to continue every 3-4 months.

When I roll it does bleed but not crazy. Little pin pricks. I love the numbing cream, big help!

My results have honestly been fabulous. In my mid 50's my skin has never looked this good. It took a year to start seeing big results, but super worth it. I also use a Baby Quasar MD PRO with it.

Got products and info from owndoc(dot)com
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell, would you please share your rolling routine? Do you use any actives after you roll? Do you use the numbing cream? Also, do you use retin-a and if so, do you take a few days off before you roll? Thank you.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Retin A, I switched about 5 months to Paula's Choice RESIST Retinol Serum. I'll go back and forth. I use a lot of her Resist Line.

I do use numbing cream YES, it's very painful otherwise and I can't do a good roll with that much pain. The cream makes it very doable. I put it on 45 minutes before I roll. I roll my face and my neck. I'm now starting to do my hands, too. I do get some bleeding but it's minor. Lots of teensy pin pricks. It's not a big deal, unlike some of those horror pictures out there. I follow Sarah Vaughn's advice, of OwnDoc.

Afterwards I immediately apply a homemade Vitamin C serum, which I'll use for days before and after. I also use OwnDoc's Infadolan Ointment right after the vitamin c serum.

I treat my skin very gently for days afterwards.

AND the number 1 thing I do is to have a lot of patience. There is no immediate fix. Even lasers can take up to 6 months to see the result!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the info! I'm going to start rolling pretty soon.
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Swiss Mom, I find that when I start rolling, after giving the numbing cream enough time to really work, if I start off slowly and gently within a few minutes I build up my courage to go deeper with more pressure on it. Don't push it. I am a big believer that we don't need to cause a big injury to our skin. Yes, it turns pink, we should get some pinprick bleeding - but don't go overboard.

Once I got the hang of it I purchased the stamp and have done some single needling to deeper wrinkles and old acne scars. That actually is less painful than the rolling!

It also helps that with the numbing cream applying a strong Vitamin C serum isn't too painful. Slight sting.

The next day my face is still pink, a few slight tiny scabs. I make sure I have that day to not use make-up or creams. By the next day, my face looks normal. It will get dry for a few days afterwards.

Best of luck!! I went to owndoc(dot)com and spent a lot of time reading the instructions and forums, emailed Sarah. Knowledge is power - so read up!
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Prettiwylde wrote:
Only new but wanted to say dermarolling has almost obliterated the hateful stretch marks on my breasts, stomach and thighs.
4 breastfed babies and I've tried everything but was too embarrassed, terrified and poor for lasers.
These work.

This gives me hope! I've just started dermarolling and my target area is breasts and lower belly. I wish I knew about this 8 years ago!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
Swiss Mom, I find that when I start rolling, after giving the numbing cream enough time to really work, if I start off slowly and gently within a few minutes I build up my courage to go deeper with more pressure on it. Don't push it. I am a big believer that we don't need to cause a big injury to our skin. Yes, it turns pink, we should get some pinprick bleeding - but don't go overboard.

Once I got the hang of it I purchased the stamp and have done some single needling to deeper wrinkles and old acne scars. That actually is less painful than the rolling!

It also helps that with the numbing cream applying a strong Vitamin C serum isn't too painful. Slight sting.

The next day my face is still pink, a few slight tiny scabs. I make sure I have that day to not use make-up or creams. By the next day, my face looks normal. It will get dry for a few days afterwards.

Best of luck!! I went to owndoc(dot)com and spent a lot of time reading the instructions and forums, emailed Sarah. Knowledge is power - so read up!

Thank you for the advice. I will certainly follow it. I just ordered the numbing cream, I forgot to order it when I ordered the roller. I've been reading as much as I can from her site, but it helps me so much to hear from people who have done it. It gives me the confidence to go forward. Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell, what strength is your Vitamin C serum? Thanks.
Anne5899
5% products discount

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I haven't yet used my derma roller, but I wondered if anyone has used it alongside a Reaura?
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
I rolled every 6 weeks for about 1.5 years. I stopped for about 10 months and am now going to continue every 3-4 months.

When I roll it does bleed but not crazy. Little pin pricks. I love the numbing cream, big help!

My results have honestly been fabulous. In my mid 50's my skin has never looked this good. It took a year to start seeing big results, but super worth it. I also use a Baby Quasar MD PRO with it.

Got products and info from owndoc(dot)com

Hi Rapunzell,
Could you please tell us in detail what results you have seen? Improvement of fine lines and/or deep wrinkles? Any improvement in sag? Details please Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven't yet used my derma roller, but I wondered if anyone has used it alongside a Reaura?

That would be overkill, as the ReAura is basically the equivalent of a laser dermaroller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
In terms of what dermaroller has done for me..my chief rolling project has been abdominal striae. Wide, deep, fuschia pink skin rips when I began, are now very shallow and quite pale and the situation now looks more like a face post acne..ie with indentations. I'm not sure how far rolling can improve the situation, or if I should do some tca peels.
I have been rolling this area for quite a few years, and used super cop, emu oil, and lots of oil mixes and various exfoliation methods both physical and acidic.
The improvement has been stupendous, and gradual. It is still a work in progress. I have used rollers, stamps, and lately the my -m. All have worked and have benefits.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I use derma pen and ReAura. My reasoning for this is that laser, while having many benefits, is said to thin the skin. Needling is said to thicken the skin. Just covering all the bases.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |