Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Lots of good info here, but I just wanted to report on my progress.....actually the lack thereof:

I wasn't expecting immediate youth when I purchased the 1.5 & .50 rollers, but I did expect to see SOMETHING. I've used them twice, and at the time I'm rolling, I can see that the needles are penetrating my skin, and there are some pin dots of blood. Fine. But I also expected to see as some have called it a "sunburn" effect later, and there's absolutely nothing, nothing that indicates inflammation, nothing to heal. After I survived the first time and nothing happened, I thought I surely didn't do it firmly enough. So I applied more pressure, actually more than I'd learned to do in reading the tons on literature online, where I actually practiced the pressure on my digital food scales. Not very happy with myself at the moment for spending the $$ on something that sounded ridiculous in the beginning. Should have listened to my first instincts.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Lots of good info here, but I just wanted to report on my progress.....actually the lack thereof:

I wasn't expecting immediate youth when I purchased the 1.5 & .50 rollers, but I did expect to see SOMETHING. I've used them twice, and at the time I'm rolling, I can see that the needles are penetrating my skin, and there are some pin dots of blood. Fine. But I also expected to see as some have called it a "sunburn" effect later, and there's absolutely nothing, nothing that indicates inflammation, nothing to heal. After I survived the first time and nothing happened, I thought I surely didn't do it firmly enough. So I applied more pressure, actually more than I'd learned to do in reading the tons on literature online, where I actually practiced the pressure on my digital food scales. Not very happy with myself at the moment for spending the $$ on something that sounded ridiculous in the beginning. Should have listened to my first instincts.

You're not going to see results from just two uses. It takes time for the skin to regenerate new collagen (about 90 days at least). Keep going - give yourself six weekly treatments with the 1.5 then use the .5 roller when you feel like it. I've been rolling for over a year now and my skin continues to improve. I urge you to stick with it. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:

Please read this email I got from the Nova Clinic regarding lack of results (also 2 rolls is not near enough time to see anything):

""If you only roll once a week it would need to be quite a firm roll where your skin is left a bit 'roughed up', then it would need 1-2 days healing time. After a week you should see some positive results - it is an on-going process.

If the wrinkles are deep and you roll once a week you should see good results within 3 months.

From work in our clinic, our staff using the dermarollers, and from feedback we have received, all clients after needling - feel a tightening, skin 'feels' good after rolling, and light wrinkles looking better after a month and deeper wrinkles after a few months.

Are you applying an active ingredient (vitamins) moisturiser after needling.
Nova Clinic"
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh...its hard to believe that people even expect results after 3 mths. My understanding is that is takes 6 months to a year of wkly, bi-weekly or monthly use to REALLY see some results. This is not a quick fix beauty treatment...its takes tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeee! I am now in my 9th month. My deeper lines are still there, but overall my skin looks good. I have to ask myself, "what would my skin look like if I hadn't been rolling all this time?"
....and with that, I keep rolling on. Dancing

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
This is not a quick fix beauty treatment...its takes tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeee!

This is definitely a very good point...skin can only remodel so quickly! (Dr. P from Skin Biology also drives this point home all the time)

And while I seem to be more irritation prone than most (darn it), I am willing to continue rolling because of 2 things:
- EDS members HAVE seen improvements over time
- I have actually seem some improvements in the 3.5 months since I started rolling. My chest looks better, and under my eyes definitely looks better. And I have rolled way LESS than most people!

I will keep rolling away as well. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I'll check in here also. My plan is to roll 6 times bi-weekly and take a break of 60-90 days. Not sure of the break time period yet...60 or 90.

I've rolled 5 times bi-weekly with a combo of a .5 and a 1mm roller. It seems as if after about 4 rolls, 10 days when post rolling inflamation has abated the lines in the corners of my eyes are less deep, an area I was hoping to see results in.

I am not expecting immediate results as I've mentioned in past posts. Of course it would be nice however after reading all the info Bethany posted on the CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations thread several times it appears it would be unrealistic to expect immediate results. Not that I do not appreciate the post roll inflamation!

For the newer rollers I highly encourage you to read all that has been so generously provided for you so that your expectations will be realistic. A full understanding of pre, during and post rolling procedures will also enable you to experience optimal results from your rolling efforts. There are many very experienced rollers that post on eds that we can all learn from.

Work it rolling sisters Smile roll on...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
My upper lids, beneath the brows are amazing, they were all soft and crepey, now almost perfect. This has taken over 7months.

How do you do your upper lids?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:
My upper lids, beneath the brows are amazing, they were all soft and crepey, now almost perfect. This has taken over 7months.

I mean the section under the eyebrow, not on the eye itself! I just stretch it taught and roll away!!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
foxe wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

I mean the section under the eyebrow, not on the eye itself! I just stretch it taught and roll away!!!

rebecca

Same here, though the 3Line roller is much easier to use than the regular roller for me.

I have noticed that my upper lid is more lifted since I started rolling...my eyeliner used to rub off onto my lower browbone, but that doesn't happen anymore...woo hoo!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Re: eyelids

I don't put the light directly on my eyes - it's too bright, I think. I hold up my eyebrow a little and put the light on the skin directly under the brow for a minute or two with the light pushed against the skin. No rays hit my eyes.

Immediately afterwards, my eyes feel wider (which makes me feel more awake and less stressed) and my whole face feels lifted.

Hi Bethany. I'm doing much more reasonable treatments and things are really looking better.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Hi Bethany. I'm doing much more reasonable treatments and things are really looking better.

Woo hoo!! That is fabulous news! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I wasn't expecting firming after two rolls, but I did expect to see some redness or healing going on. I mean, people talk about having to go out in public looking as if they were sunburned.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Everyone seems to respond differently to the rolling. Some experience allot of blood spots, swelling and redness, others have very little reaction. I guess it all depends on how sensitive your skin is. When I first started rolling I did have allot of redness and stinging but this would fade by the morning. I definitely didn't have any down-time. Twelve months down the track, my skin is only red for about half an hour after using the 1.5. I use the .5 roller quite often for product penetration and actually find this quite pleasant to use.

I really believe my skin has thickened up considerably from all the rolling and the fine lines around my eyes and mouth have diminished. However, I also use an LED every second night and the Vaculifter every second morning. Over the last few weeks I have noticed an enormous improvement in my turkey neck which, I think, is due to a combination of all three gadgets.

I'm convinced that the Dermaroller will make a huge difference to the condition of the skin. No, I don't look 10 years younger and I also have some facial sagging which I think is due to fat loss (I'm 57). However, I'm no longer ashamed of the condition of my skin - it looks as though it's been re-surfaced.

Rolling is really a long term commitment so keep going. Also, using Retin-A and Vitamin C in conjunction to the rolling is a good idea.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Ive been rolling with the smallest needles (.5 or .05??) from Leaf and Rusher for a couple of months (about 2 to 4 times a week).

I havent really noticed any difference - i know its probably because Im not using the longer needles...

Quick question though - I dont get this...
I usually use the roller with Retin A micro and the only thing I notice is in the morning my skin is flakey - so the next night I will roll with a collagen cream and immediately after rolling - my skin is bright red and even burns slightly. Even in the morning - my skin is a little sensitive when I wash it wiht a regular cleanser...
HOW CAN COLLAGEN BE MORE IRRATATING THAN RETIN A???

Do you think collagen is better to roll with since Im getting a reaction - or is that a bad thing??

THANKS!!!

I don't think it's the collagen cream. I think your skin is more sensitive given the fact that you've used retina A.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
mb935 wrote:
Ive been rolling with the smallest needles (.5 or .05??) from Leaf and Rusher for a couple of months (about 2 to 4 times a week).

I havent really noticed any difference - i know its probably because Im not using the longer needles...

Quick question though - I dont get this...
I usually use the roller with Retin A micro and the only thing I notice is in the morning my skin is flakey - so the next night I will roll with a collagen cream and immediately after rolling - my skin is bright red and even burns slightly. Even in the morning - my skin is a little sensitive when I wash it wiht a regular cleanser...
HOW CAN COLLAGEN BE MORE IRRATATING THAN RETIN A???

Do you think collagen is better to roll with since Im getting a reaction - or is that a bad thing??

THANKS!!!

I don't think it's the collagen cream. I think your skin is more sensitive given the fact that you've used retina A.

Or, maybe something in the collagen cream you are using is not agreeing with your skin?
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I haven't given up on Derma Roller and will post back here occasionally.

Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello, catballou.
I saw in your signature line that you are using Viterol cream. I have been eyeing this cream and would like to know for how long you have been using it and what results you have noticed. TIA. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Septembergirl (This is your month! Smile). I've only been using the Viterol for a couple of weeks, but I will say my skin is looking firmer. We went to a party last night, and after I put on my makeup, I kept going to the mirror before we left to look at my smooth skin! I also have to give credit to OCM, which I started around the same time, and it's doing great things for my pores.

This is my very first OCM recipe:
1/2 c. organic Castor oil
1/4 c. organic Coconut oil
1/4 c. organic EVO
1 T emu oil
1 t. Rose Hip Oil
25 drops Rose Otto essential oil

Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Hi, Septembergirl (This is your month! Smile). I've only been using the Viterol for a couple of weeks, but I will say my skin is looking firmer. We went to a party last night, and after I put on my makeup, I kept going to the mirror before we left to look at my smooth skin! I also have to give credit to OCM, which I started around the same time, and it's doing great things for my pores.

This is my very first OCM recipe:
1/2 c. organic Castor oil
1/4 c. organic Coconut oil
1/4 c. organic EVO
1 T emu oil
1 t. Rose Hip Oil
25 drops Rose Otto essential oil

Thank you, catballou.

And yes, September is finally here! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, My last 1.5mm roll was one week ago today. My question today is this: I bought a home microdermabrasion machine. It arrived yesterday. When should I use it? I'm still peeling from a week ago. I used retin-a after my roll and it really dried out my face.
I'm eager to try my new machine. Just trying to be smart about it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, My last 1.5mm roll was one week ago today. My question today is this: I bought a home microdermabrasion machine. It arrived yesterday. When should I use it? I'm still peeling from a week ago. I used retin-a after my roll and it really dried out my face.
I'm eager to try my new machine. Just trying to be smart about it. Smile

What is the offical name of this machine? That might give us a better idea of how strong it is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:

rebecca

This is great news! I will try your technique w/ the roller next time.

I was having great results w/ crepy, loose upper eyelids using copper peptides alone. It will be exciting to see even better results w/ the roller/CP combo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone beside me wishing they could see the faces behind the words? For some reason, its the ladies on the Dermaroller thread I am most curious about! Is any one else wondering what we look like Question Is there any way to share this without the whole wide world seeing?
Shhh

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Bethany, I bought "Portable Diamond Dermabrasion NV-60 Unit". According to the manual, it can be used for face peeling every 6-10 days. My guess is it's not going to be super strong. It only cost $189 so.....
I would LOVE to try it out today!
BTW, I rolled under my eyebrows lightly when I rolled a week ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Is anyone beside me wishing they could see the faces behind the words? For some reason, its the ladies on the Dermaroller thread I am most curious about! Is any one else wondering what we look like Question Is there any way to share this without the whole wide world seeing?
Shhh

Mountaingirl, I would suggest loading a picture into a private album on Webshots (or a similar tool), and PMing a link to people that request it.

OR, you could post the link and display your picture on the forum, and then delete the picture a week later.

Either way, once you delete the pic in Webshots, it's no longer available for viewing.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |