Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
pallasathena wrote:
Hi Ljk,
I did try to check that it was the right model and it really wasn't too clear other than the 'photo showing the name of the product as anti - aging...I will 'phone tomorrow and see what they have to say. They did seem to have a slightly different model, like the one mentioned in previous posts with the black handle etc.

regards,

If it has a black handle then 99% it's an OLD MODEL Original Lightstim. Ownership changed around November, 2007 and handle color changed to white.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have the black handle one..is there supposed to be a problem with it?!
pallasathena

Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Folks!
I checked with Allergymatters this morning and they are offering the anti-aging LightStim at 98.99. I saw the DPL at 219.00gbp and decided it was the better buy for me. I will keep you all updated on my progress and try to get the nerve up to do some photos for before and after, say weekly? I'm curious to see what it can do for thighs and hands. As cat lover and gardener I am covered with the scars of many a heavy pruning, garden clearance, pussycat play - time and tablet time!!
ta ta for now.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
If you have botox can you use the AALS on the place you have it?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:

I wouldn't. You can ask the place you bought it from or the official LightStim site. But people here who have used the LED lights on botox and/or fillers have found that the product depletes more rapidly after being exposed to LED light. Makes sense as you are healing the area with the light Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:

Sherry,
The dr's office I frequent puts all their patients who've had injections, under the Gentle Waves light for one minute. It's part of the protocol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

Sherry,
The dr's office I frequent puts all their patients who've had injections, under the Gentle Waves light for one minute. It's part of the protocol.

Really? That's interesting. I also still continue to use my AALS after having Botox, although I do give it a couple of days to settle down. I haven't noticed any diminishing of the effects of the Botox from continuing to use LED.

I had some Restylane yesterday in my marionette folds and my mouth is a bit swollen this morning - I'm wondering whether I should give the area a treatment with the LED.

BluesHeart - what do you think?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

Sherry,

Really? That's interesting. I also still continue to use my AALS after having Botox, although I do give it a couple of days to settle down. I haven't noticed any diminishing of the effects of the Botox from continuing to use LED.

I had some Restylane yesterday in my marionette folds and my mouth is a bit swollen this morning - I'm wondering whether I should give the area a treatment with the LED.

BluesHeart - what do you think?

Keliu,
I had juvaderm injected into my NL's a month ago. They took me into the Gentle Waves room and set it up for one minute. She said they do that after all injections because it aids in collagen building. I am going in Saturday so I'll ask them about what they say about home usage of LEDS and injections.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was just warning people and posting from memory regarding the experience of some posters here on EDS. If you are interested, you can look for references to these experience/s on the EDS Forums. Here is one such reference regarding the Baby Q and resty and botox:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=950

I warned because I know I would hate to invest in something as expensive as botox and/or fillers to have it depleted by use of LED directly on the area.

Since the LED promotes healing, it may "heal" (i.e., reverse) something foreign you have placed in your body (makes logical sense to me).

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I was just warning people and posting from memory regarding the experience of some posters here on EDS. If you are interested, you can look for references to these experience/s on the EDS Forums. I warned because I know I would hate to invest in something as expensive as botox and/or fillers to have it depleted by use of LED directly on the area.

Since the LED promotes healing, it may "heal" (i.e., reverse) something foreign you have placed in your body (makes logical sense to me).

It was AnnieR and someone else who I can't remember whose new fillers vanished after continuing with their regular at home LED treatments. I'm pretty sure they would have been using their LEDs for much longer than one minute.
havana8

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Here's one of the threads with their experience...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=321438&highlight=botox#321438
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
It was AnnieR and someone else who I can't remember whose new fillers vanished after continuing with their regular at home LED treatments. I'm pretty sure they would have been using their LEDs for much longer than one minute.

True. But I was really responding to the original question here about using home devices on the botox and/or fillers, not the one minute post injection treatment at the spa/doctor's office.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I remember AnnieR posting about her experience with the BabyQ. Actually, I have never had any adverse effects from using LED over Botox and I have usually commenced my treatments after only three days of having the injections.

I'll be interested to hear what BluesHeart reports back.
havana8

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
havana8 wrote:

True. But I was really responding to the original question here about using home devices on the botox and/or fillers, not the one minute post injection treatment at the spa/doctor's office.

Sorry, I meant in comparison to Blue's experience above at her derm's office where their protocol is to use the Gentle Waves for one minute after injections. Maybe one minute doesn't pose the same risk of possibly depleting the fillers as a regular 45 minute (or however long) at home treatment.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
But people here who have used the LED lights on botox and/or fillers have found that the product depletes more rapidly after being exposed to LED light. Makes sense as you are healing the area with the light Embarassed

I'm not sure about this. According to the Baby Q instructions, the device should be used after applying hyaluronic acid to the skin - this is supposed to aid in the plumping effect. So IMO, if you've had Restylane or another filler that is primarily hyaluronic acid injected into the skin, then use an LED, isn't this the same principal?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think the LED helps the topical HA penetrate the skin - thus, causing plumping.

I don't know about LED effects on internal HA that's been injected. I was just reporting what has happened with some people. My thoughts are that with injections, the HA's already under the skin and the LED may disperse it (help it spread) -- which may not be what a person wants as s/he has chosen to have it injected in a specific spot/s.

It sounds from the link I posted on the BabyQ thread that LED effects on injections (fillers and botox) are unknown at this point (not enough research) and may differ from person to person:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=950
So, if you do it, you do it at your own risk - meaning if it ends up depleting your injection results more quickly, you are out of a lot of $$. If not, I don't know that it helps the injection any.

I'm not doing injections so I don't have this particular concern. But, if I were, I wouldn't chance it. But that's just me.

Sometimes more is not better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've written myself a note to ask them about this. I should point out that I don't own a LED unit so I'm not educated but I think the one minute of the Gentle Waves is probably a lot more powerful than a home unit. Like everything, people respond differently. As has been pointed out, some fillers last a long time in one person and not long in others. Body chemistry. They seem to think it's helpful and they are a very sophisticated clinic. And no, it's not something extra one pays for.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies. The reason I ask, is that I had botox about 6 weeks ago for the 1st time. I went back after 2 weeks for a touch up. Now I am going back again, because I can still see my 11's between my eyes more than I did after the 1st round of botox there. I didn't use the light over my 11's at all. I used it about 3 weeks after my first round of the botox everywhere except on my 11's. The light is pretty strong, so maybe it affected the 11's anyway.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Thanks for all your replies. The reason I ask, is that I had botox about 6 weeks ago for the 1st time. I went back after 2 weeks for a touch up. Now I am going back again, because I can still see my 11's between my eyes more than I did after the 1st round of botox there. I didn't use the light over my 11's at all. I used it about 3 weeks after my first round of the botox everywhere except on my 11's. The light is pretty strong, so maybe it affected the 11's anyway.

I've never had Botox so I don't know but I would think that could be several things at play. Was the Botox diluted? How many units were used? You should call them and ask about using your light. I'd love to hear what they say as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
The botox is diluted... I will ask about the light
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:

I have botox in my 11's and I have never had an absolutely perfect result wherein they completely disappear. At the last clinic I went to I went back about three times to complain and she did do a free top-up each time - but even that didn't completely get rid of them. She also changed from using Dysport to Botox saying that maybe it was the Dysport that wasn't working. In the end she just presumed that my muscles were just very strong.

That was six months ago, so being due for another round I thought I'd try another clinic. I had the injections a week ago so they haven't fully kicked in - but I have to say that I'm happier with the results. The lines still haven't completely gone but it is a better result than the previous time - plus I still have another week for the Botox to completely take effect.

The bottom line is - finding a good injector, and I'm afraid that is all down to trial and error. As for the effect of LED - as I've said before, I don't believe it has any negative effect on Botox. BTW, my daughter has had similar experiences to me in regard to the effectiveness of Botox and she doesn't use an LED.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,
I went in for my third touch up and she put more in this time. The Dr. said I have strong muscles in my 11's. I could get rid of the lines with a filler however, she said not to do that yet until you see the complete effects of the botox. Try the botox for a year getting it ever 4 to 6 months and see if you still need the filler. If my muscles are strong and have been scrunching my face for my 55 years. It will probably take a few times with botox to relax them. I agreed.
And..
She said the light would not effect the botox. It is just me.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Keliu,
I went in for my third touch up and she put more in this time. The Dr. said I have strong muscles in my 11's. I could get rid of the lines with a filler however, she said not to do that yet until you see the complete effects of the botox. Try the botox for a year getting it ever 4 to 6 months and see if you still need the filler. If my muscles are strong and have been scrunching my face for my 55 years. It will probably take a few times with botox to relax them. I agreed.
And..
She said the light would not effect the botox. It is just me.

Yes, that's pretty much my experience also. I'm still very happy with my Botox - even though my 11's aren't completely erased, my forehead looks 100% better. I also think that the light doesn't have any effect on the Botox.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sherry,
I'm glad you have an explanation from your Dr's office. I agree with Keliu regarding the light but I'm going to ask tomorrow specifically about Botox. This board is a great resource but I think sometimes things are taken for fact when they shouldn't be. JMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks blues... that would be great and would love another opinion.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |