Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
pinay7 wrote:
Hi,
I got my AALS 2 weeks ago. My husband noticed that there are at least 9 bulbs that are not lighting up. Is this normal? Did I get a defective item? I emailed Steve but haven't heard from him yet.
TIA!

Alley is correct, the infrared is invisible to the naked eye. Here's my AALS all lit up. What looks like empty space, is in fact where the infrared bulbs are;

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Here is a question for all of you veterans of the AALS can you do treatments in shifts? For example do the forehead, eye area in the morning and then the rest of the face at night?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Here is a question for all of you veterans of the AALS can you do treatments in shifts? For example do the forehead, eye area in the morning and then the rest of the face at night?

Yes, but just be sure that you stick with the 3 minutes per spot.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks good to know - some days it just seems that dividing up the routine would be easier.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I want to order an AALS and being an EDS member, I read you get 10 procent reduction, right?

Do you simply have to type in that number I read somewhere on thie thread(if somebody could please repost it, thanks!)in the coupon code bar?

I think I'm gonna have to phone them anyway, because I need a universal adaptor.. Cool
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
This is the latest coupon code;

EDS83py4t

I think someone mentioned being out of the US and they send the adapter automatically, but it's best to call or email to be sure.

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
This is the latest coupon code;

EDS83py4t

I think someone mentioned being out of the US and they send the adapter automatically, but it's best to call or email to be sure.

ok, thanks! Smile
foryourcloset
5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I would really like to get a red/blue light. My issues are acne/acne scars + fine wrinkles. I have done a lot of research on the Baby Q, do you think that is the best? Do I need to purchase two different lights for acne and anti-aging, or does one do both?

Also, I read that people have had benefits for arthritis? With what light? My mother has HORRIBLE arthritis, so I would like to get her one. Thanks!
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
foryourcloset wrote:
I would really like to get a red/blue light. My issues are acne/acne scars + fine wrinkles. I have done a lot of research on the Baby Q, do you think that is the best? Do I need to purchase two different lights for acne and anti-aging, or does one do both?

Also, I read that people have had benefits for arthritis? With what light? My mother has HORRIBLE arthritis, so I would like to get her one. Thanks!

It sounds like you would be best to get the blue and red lights. They still have a special deal when you buy two so you save quite a bit, but the EDS 10% special is only available when you buy one. The best one for arthritis is the original, the best for lines and wrinkles (collagen production) is the anti-aging light Shock and the best for acne is the blue light. I understand that the original light can also help with acne but it takes longer. I guess you need to decide which two to buy as all three can be used for different problems.

The main thing is that you have to use them daily. It's not a quick fix. I've only been using mine for a week or so. I fell on a slippery path last week and have used the original for my knee as well. It should reduce the inflammation

Hopefully Kassy (the LED guru)can advise more.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased both the red and the blue and am very happy I did so.
I use the blue on my spots but the real change is in my 19 yr old sons skin. He has terrible acne and it is starting to clear up and he lost that bad redness to his skin. Best of all he uses it on his own with no nagging from Mom. He and I are both pleased with the results.
For the AALS, I am using it for one week now and I haven't noticed any changes as yet but I also haven't noticed any negative effects.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
LED guru indeed.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

The only thing I would add to miss anna's good advice, is that the Lightstim Acne light has red/infrared/blue diodes.. So it can actually give you the beautifying results as well as keep that acne under control..

I don't think you need to purchase two lights.. If I were you, I'd go for the acne light 1st, and play the rest by ear..

Just remember, the acne light needs to be used daily, 5 minutes per spot on active acne areas, and just 2 to 3 minutes on the rest of your skin.. Be well hydrated in and out!

milbader; You know something is working when a teenaged boy uses it on his own without having to be nudged.. Laughing

As for you, after one week of use, are you feeling a new softness to your skin? Also, I hope you took pictures.. If not, you will not enjoy the subtle changes every step of the way..

happycat01
5% products discount

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my AALS for a week now and I can see an improvement. I noticed that I dont have my dark circles anymore, I have always had them but they didnt really bother me. Anyway, they're almost gone.

My facial redness is fading away and I am thrilled, because I was getting really annoyed with it and nothing seemed to help. My skin looks more plump.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
happycat01 wrote:
I have been using my AALS for a week now and I can see an improvement. I noticed that I dont have my dark circles anymore, I have always had them but they didnt really bother me. Anyway, they're almost gone.

My facial redness is fading away and I am thrilled, because I was getting really annoyed with it and nothing seemed to help. My skin looks more plump.

That's great happycat!

It's the increased circulation + lymphatic drainage that has helped the "dark circles"... You must be drinking sufficient water as well, which is flushing those toxins out..

You have had a good response very quickly, which means you're very responsive to LED treatment. I saw some immediate skin changes as well when I began.

lindylass
5% products discount

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
My AALS is flickering in and out.I called Steve and he's sending me a new adaptor. I'm crossing my fingers that will do it
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
My AALS is flickering in and out.I called Steve and he's sending me a new adaptor. I'm crossing my fingers that will do it

Sometimes mine gets loose when I have the cord stretched too far, and I have to push it back in at the device end..

Never had a problem with flickering though..

miss aqua m

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Received my AALS and was surprised how quick it arrived here (Australia). I drunk plenty of water before and after and will continue to do so - thanks to Kassy's great advice.

It is very light to hold and easy. My eyes are not liking the bright lights though, so I will end up buying some eye protectors. For the most part my eyes are fine, except when its closer to them, they start watering. So far I have been using it on bare skin (no products).

Have only used 4 times and started off cautiously (due to sensitive skin) with around 2 minutes and will work up to 3 minutes. Will let you know my progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've only used mine 4 times also. Can't notice anything yet but it's early days.

I also have trouble with the cord being loose. The first time I thought it was faulty as the LED suddenly got cool. It's happened a few times. Should I email Steve, or is this a common problem?

Also, both the AALS and Original are quite warm. It's not too bad, but I thought I remember Kassy saying that the AALS didn't actually get warm. Is this correct?
miss aqua m

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
My cord has come loose a couple of times but I am very aware of this now and make sure I keep it quite still and its ok. My AALS is warmish, very nice temperature. And same with me, haven't noticed anything yet, but will keep you up to date.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Nope miss anna, I never said it didn't get warm.. I said that the anti-aging doesn't get as warm as the original, and I would prefer them even warmer.. But that's really something that is very individual with each user..

You have only used it 4 or 5 times, but you should already be feeling a smoother, softer skin.. In my experience anyway. If you don't feel that yet, you may just need to exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells.. (I do this daily with a microfiber cloth.)

I'll say again what I have preached a million times; the changes are very subtle and cumulative. In order to appreciate all these changes, you must be familiar with the *feel* of your skin (for comparison), and to really see the subtle changes, you must have pictures, and update them every few weeks..

Also keep in mind, the collagen building with the resulting firmness takes months, not days.. For me it was visible at about the 7th or 8th month of commited use.

About the plug, if when pushed into the device snugly, it falls out easily, you need to replace it... Be sure to push it well into the end of the device.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Why not just stick with what's already "working great"?

queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi All!
It's my 2 month mark with the AALS and I am still pleased.
My skin looks so much better. I don't see too much change in wrinkles-maybe a softening of them-but my skin just looks good. My skin feels tauter too.
My skin is lighter and kind of luminous. My skin color is more like my early years now.
I feel like good things are happening. Smile
I'd love to hear other reports from AALS users.
Is there a point when changes stop and it's just a maintenance phase?
Kim
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Amusing story.

I had some rigorous treatments today and her method leaves the area between my eyebrows until last. That area felt notiecably neglected until she got to it and it made me feel edgy.

Putting the LightStim on that area is the best part of my home treatments. I think I might have an * spam alert * to LightStim.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
queen; You can experiment with your LED to see what your skin likes best.. You didn't mention how frequently you are still using it, but you can certainly miss a day here and there, and see if it makes a diff.

It's all about you, and exactly what you are trying to correct or maintain..

I was in a maintenance mode, and using my LED 2 or 3 times per week for the longest time... Now I'm dealing with loose, saggy skin that I believe was a result of my 15 RF treatments with the STOP device.. To try to undue some of that damage (if possible), I am back to using my LED's 5 times per week, for a full 3 minute treatment on each 4 inch section of my face and neck...

My best advice is to just test your skin, and listen to what it says.. The most important thing (IMHO), is that when you do a treatment, to a thorough one! Do the full 3 minutes on each spot, overlapping a bit as you go.. It's well worth the 45 minutes to an hour you will spend.. (3 minutes will give you 8 joules of energy, and 4 to 8 are optimal for cosmetic purposes).. 2 minutes will work in a pinch!

china; I am also addicted to my LED's, and the reason why is because IT WORKS!... Very Happy I can already see some damage slowly being undone in the last 2 weeks of aggressive treatments.. Very Happy

queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kassy.
I've been pretty consistent with the AALS. I use it every day though now that I'm into this a bit, I occasionally take a day off.
I really slacked off on my facial exercises (Flexeffect) but I really see how these 2 complement each other so if time is tight, I sometimes force myself to exercise instead of using the LED.
I'm sorry about that Stop gadget. I haven't read that thread. I'm sure with the exercises and the AALS, you should bounce back.
Kim
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi queen - I've been using the AALS for about 14 months. The first 3-4 months I used it about 6 days a week with 3-4 minutes per section and then started tapering off to 3 times a week. Am now down to about 2 times a week. The other 1-2 days am using ultrasound.
The NL lines have definitely diminished, the crows feet are a little softer and I have now
gotten a deep wrinkle on the left side of
the 11's on the forehead so am spending an additional minute there with the AALS. Have noticed a teeny bit of sagging beginning so will start with Ageless exercises soon. Am 57
and live in the hot fiery desert! The AALS has made some of the biggest difference with my
facial issues. The few age spots I had are
almost gone. My cheeks also feel a little plumper. Hang in there and give it time!

Kassy - Am sure once you get back to your normal regimen witht he AALS, Tua Viso etc, your skin will bounce back. Am very appreciative of the honest info you gave on the STOP device. As you say, not everything works for everyone so just get back to doing what works for you!
DiPhx

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |