Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy could you tell me which page your DIY serum is on please. I'm way too lasy to look through all 29 if you already know where it is. Razz
Thanx heaps.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the page link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=445706#445706

Here is the link for the DYI recipes index. This is a great time saver.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanx heaps Milbader.
You know I've never looked at that sticky. Wot a dope! It's a brilliant idea.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alley is the AHA you use from Ingredients to Die For the Citric Acid?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy got a question for ya. Smile
I've now done a full 6 weeks at 5 days a week with the AALS. I can truly say my skin looks great, it glows and even the tone on my face has started to improve. But so far no improvement in the redness on my chest. And the pigment that showed up hasn't started to retreat yet.
Sooo, do I continue on with 5 days a week for a few more weeks do you think??? I'm happy to put in the extra time if need be.
Thanx Kassy. Smile
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone been on the receiving end of the dreaded "uglies" when first using the AALS?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I've now done a full 6 weeks at 5 days a week with the AALS. I can truly say my skin looks great, it glows and even the tone on my face has started to improve. But so far no improvement in the redness on my chest. And the pigment that showed up hasn't started to retreat yet.
Sooo, do I continue on with 5 days a week for a few more weeks do you think??? I'm happy to put in the extra time if need be.
Thanx Kassy. Smile

Oh Mishey, I thought for sure you would have a good response on your chest..

Let me just ask you this.. Are you still surfing a lot, and with the chest exposed to the sun most days.. (Not counting sunscreen, because that can just do so much.. Crying or Very sad )
I'm just asking because I don't think the LED will do much, unless you cover up that lovely chest.. Very Happy
I had my fingers crossed for you all the while.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Has anyone been on the receiving end of the dreaded "uglies" when first using the AALS?

Shock Shock Shock

What are the uglies? Do you mean like the saggy bit that CP's cause?

Splain woman.. Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:
Thanx Kassy. Smile

Let me just ask you this.. Are you still surfing a lot, and with the chest exposed to the sun most days.. (Not counting sunscreen, because that can just do so much.. Crying or Very sad )
I'm just asking because I don't think the LED will do much, unless you cover up that lovely chest.. Very Happy

So you reakon I should've had some improvement by now then? Bugger!
Kassy it's winter over here, so full chest coverup with jumpers for a while now. Also when I surf I wear a neck to hands and ankle wetsuit, so no exposure. Just face, hands and feet.
Oh no don't tell me the LS isn't going to work on the redness. Crying or Very sad
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Shock Shock Shock

Splain woman.. Confused

Yes, that's what I mean. Don't want to start the AALS if this is what is going to happen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Shock Shock Shock

Splain woman.. Confused

Yes, that's what I mean. Don't want to start the AALS if this is what is going to happen.

I'm trying to figure out why you would even think that that an LED could cause that.. Confused

I think the worst that you could expect from an LED is that you would be in the really small minority that doesn't respond to it..

One thing I would tell you though, is that if you are going to get a good response, it will happen within the 1st 2 months.. So if you decide on LS, at least you won't be stuck with it if you don't get the result you are looking for.. (Of course collagen building results (for me anyway) didn't become really apparent until just about the 4th month.) Skin changes for the better happened from day 1 for me, and the results are definitely cumulative from there.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:
Thanx Kassy. Smile

So you reakon I should've had some improvement by now then? Bugger!
Kassy it's winter over here, so full chest coverup with jumpers for a while now. Also when I surf I wear a neck to hands and ankle wetsuit, so no exposure. Just face, hands and feet.
Oh no don't tell me the LS isn't going to work on the redness. Crying or Very sad

I'm surprised that you still have the redness to be honest. Have you tried treating your chest just on bare exfoliated skin.. Maybe that would help.. You can also try using a good topical moisturizer or serum, and adding pearl powder to it.. (Not for pre-treatment though, just apply nightly before beddy-bye.)

Do you notice any improvement in that area? Did you take pictures prior?..

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why your face is having great results, and the chest not so much..hmm!

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

This is the AHA I use

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=98

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Frodo are you properly hydrated? Kassy has warned all of us that if you are not properly hydrated the AALS will make you look worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Mishey wrote:

This is the AHA I use

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=98

Alley-gator, you're not using this pre-treatment right? Because some of the ingredients are occlusive;

INCI: Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Sodium Lactate, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Seed Butter, Prunus amygdalis var.Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Oil, Lactic Acid, Corylus avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Simondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax NF (?), Glycerin, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid,

Just an FYI; you can get pure AHA in several strengths at http://www.cellbone.com and make a simple effective serum with the AHA, distilled water + hyaluronic acid..

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Well doesn't that suck Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I answered your PM, and included a link for the glycolic and the recipe I'm using these days.

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy. Yes I've been using the LS on bare chest. Except twice when I used my C serum an hour before treatment. I'd like to make up your pre serum recipe to try. BTW I can't find AHA at Cellbone. There's pure salicylic powder and also glycolic powder. Do you mean either of those? 40 g for $26 for glycolic.
With my face, I don't have the sundamaged redness there that I've got on my chest. In my sunbaking days I always covered my face so I wouldn't break out in a face full of freckles. Thankfully. And I really only have very light pigment on my face.
BTW Kassy I use retin a everywhere at night. If I was to use a pearl powder in moisturiser could I still use the retin a?
I did take some pics. I'll try and take some more to see if there's a change there. And I'll just keep plodding along for now.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use the pearl powder cream in the a.m. after my C serum.. When I use Retin-A, I don't apply anything else.

You can use the glycolic powder in a formulation, but be sure it doesn't amount to more than 10%... You need to decide the strength you want to use, and email Cellbone for the precise amount needed for whatever volume of serum you are making with it.. I don't want to give a recipe for this, because more times than not things are misunderstood or changed, and these acids can cause damage if used inappropriately..

Here are all the glycolic products at Cellbone.. The serums (peels) are easy to incorporate into a DIY recipe for LED treatments.. Again, do some homework regarding %, and how to achieve it.

http://cellbone.com/Glycolic20peel.htm

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
hi kasssy ive ordered the lightstim too and cant wait to see how it compares to my baby Q
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
hi kasssy ive ordered the lightstim too and cant wait to see how it compares to my baby Q

Me's thinkin it will blow that "baby" away, in both time + results... Very Happy

Read at least the last several pages in this thread, so you know what you need to do for the best and quickest results!

I'll be away the next few weeks with little time to check in, but everything I could offer you, is already in these pages... Good luck and have fun.. And don't forget before pictures, like now!

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
lol im only 23 so i dont think pictures will do any justice, my main prob is just my skin sag due to 30kgs weight loss before, and pores, and acne scars. we'll see how it works (def take photos!)
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
lol im only 23 so i dont think pictures will do any justice, my main prob is just my skin sag due to 30kgs weight loss before, and pores, and acne scars. we'll see how it works (def take photos!)

OMG if I had started all this when I was 23 I would still look 23!!!!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, oh well, it has caused a huge burn in my wallet as well (my whole month salary gone) since im a student. Kassy where are u goin to for your hols?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
lol im only 23, my main prob is just my skin sag due to 30kgs weight loss before, and pores, and acne scars. we'll see how it works (def take photos!)

I wish you would have posted in this thread *before* you ordered.. LED's will help with sag and enlarged pores, but it won't erase acne scars.. If you have redness, it will help reduce the inflammation, but a scar is a scar, and you need more than the LED alone to tackle that..

Also keep in mind that the more sag you have, the more skin cycles it will take to build collagen enough, to make a noticeable difference.

I wish I new you were 23 and these were your issues before you bought, because I'm not sure an LED was the best choice for you... Crying or Very sad (See why that signature line is so important!)

Personally, I think a better choice for you would have been Rita's ultrasound/galvanic device ($135.00),

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/catalog/item/6603459/6528796.htm

and some killer topicals to focus on tightening and scarring..

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |