Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've shared my journey using LightStim for the past 7 months, but have only included what worked for me.

With all of the LED hupla of late, and so many people jumping on the LED bandwagon, it has been brought to my attention, with more PM's than I can keep up with, that I neglected to tell the other LightStim treatment methods, that may be of interest to some.

I've pulled out the manual, and this is what it say's regarding treatment options for the 3 LightStim products;

Directions For Using Your LightStim;
We have three different application methods listed below. One may work better than another for you, so you may have to experiment to find the method that works best.

All LightStim lights cover about a 3 inch area, but because of their design and the way the angles of light hit the skin, you actually affect a 4 inch area. Keeping that in mind, place your LightStim directly in contact with the skin and hold it there for 2 or 3 minutes. Now move it to the next area you want to address and again hold it there for 2 or 3 minutes. Continue in this fashion until you have addressed the entire area you're working on.

Method 1: Use your LightStim everyday. About 95% of customers see the best results this way.

Method 2: Use your LightStim every 2nd or 3rd day. It is rare that this method works more effectively than Method 1, but if you have taken your before and after pictures and several weeks have gone by and you're not getting good results with Method 1, you should switch to Method 2.

Method 3: Use your LightStim one time per week. Again, only switch to this Method if your not getting good results with Method 2. Before beginning Method 3, please contact LightStim for further instruction.

Special note for the Anti-Acne Light: Only Method 1 and 2 are valid for this light, as frequent usage is required when attempting to kill the bacteria which causes Acne or Rosacea.

If any of you newer LightStim users have an updated manual, feel free to add to, or correct any newer methods that I'm not aware of.

For the record, I have never used my light more than 4 or 5 times per week. At this point in time, 2 or 3 times per week is plenty.

Feel free to use this thread for anything having to do with the Anti-Aging LightStim.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
I'm doing my entire face and the way I'm dividing it up to cover all surface areas, there are at least 9 spots which is 27 minutes in itself. Add the neck and it increases exponentially. Perhaps I'm overdoing it, but I do temples (2), forehead (2), outer cheeks (2), inner area on both sides of nose (2) and chin (1). I think I will reduce my first month's usage from daily to 4-5 times a week though.While the time does pass quickly if I'm watching tv or reading a book, 3 minutes per spot vs. 1 minute puts it at a disadvantage. However, I'll reserve judgement and wait one month to compare before and after photos before deciding whether this is working for me.

I do every inch also, including nose, behind ears, and back of neck.. The head is 3 inches, and the coverage area is 4 inches, so maybe your overlapping too much.. I agree with you that the 1 minute treatments sound good, but it would only be a benefit if the device had the same size head... The other's have smaller heads, so that's pretty much a wash in MHO.

I'm glad you took pictures. Try to duplicate them with the same light and pose in 3 weeks time, and every 3 weeks thereafter..You will be pleasantly surprised at the changes you would have missed without the pictures.

I really believe that these at home LED devices are the best invention ever. But I have said before, and will say again now, they are no quick fix. If you are willing to put in the time, you will get results. It's really as simple as that. It works, if you work it! But if your looking for instant gratification, you need to keep looking, because this isn't it.

Mamawalnut; You never need to hold it directly over your eye. It's much too strong. I just go around the whole circumference of my eye, and that is sufficient. I didn't have a problem with the original light over the eye for a short time, but this one is way too bright.

Don't hesitate to ask me questions. I'll share anything you want to know. I really hope you guys have the same tremendous results I'm enjoying, and I'll look forward to hearing your progress as well. (I can't wait to hear what's being said when your at the 7 month mark like I am).

And if any of you aren't seeing really good results in skin texture and softness after a couple of weeks, please post it here, and we'll try to figure out what to do differently, because you should be seeing those differences after the first week.

Also keep this in mind. Although I love this product because of what it's done for me, I realize that for one reason or another, it may not do that for everyone. Feel free to share anything you want about it in this thread. If you think it's a piece of crap, just say so. I don't want this to be a biased thread, where everybody is singing it's praises, unless that is the case.

We are all here to help and learn together, so above all I look forward to your honest feelings.

Thank you for sharing.....

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
insearchof
5% products discount

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad

According to Lightstim, "Some (see results) much quicker than others, depending on their current physical conditions, age, skin condition, diet, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc. That said, most people see initial results in 4 to 8 weeks, but many see results in as short as 1 to 3 weeks. A few people will take as long as 9 to 11 weeks, but this is more unusual."

I would give it a good 6-8 weeks before deciding if the unit is working for you. Hopefully you'll see a noticeable change within that time. Very Happy
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
8-) I did my homework, too - I asked YOu!

I just read that note. I'm surprised because I'm one who had really nice tightening results with the red one. I loved the heat - every time I had a chance, I put it on because it felt so good!

I don't know if I'm getting more results or just maintaining now with the anti-aging amber/red.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow!...that is quite a difference between 49...50...and now look at you! I must say when you were 49, you looked at most early 30's in that photo. It is quite amazing what happens to our bodies in such a short period of time, but you have literally turned back the hands of time on yourself these days....amazing to say the least and thanks so much for sharing those photos~!
I know my problems may not be severe to others, but I have really noticed an aging in myself this past year...most notable has been the appearance of the NL's and marionette lines from facial sagging and the laxity in my skin. I know I may not be the age where that is supposed to happen, but it did to me. If this is just the start of things to come and I am in the "baby" phase of it all, I totally dread what is going to happen to my face once I get to 40 and beyond...
Hence, my reasoning for starting all of this NOW!! ha ha....I figure, if I get a jump start on this stuff, maybe I wont have it so bad once my aging body really starts to kick in!

I will be sure not to use the HA all the time...didn't use it last night. I do however want to look in to a good Vit C serum for myself. I haven't even tried those as of yet, but you all seem to swear by them. There are just sooooo MANY of them!! ha ha...as it seems with everything else these days.

I've included below photos of my lips...the first one I took a few weeks ago as I wanted "before's" for when I started the L2K system after the holidays...can't wait for that!...the second one I took this AM and with nothing on them in either photo. I woke this morning to my usual plump, soft face, but unlike the other days thus far, my lips really felt huge today as well. I honestly couldn't even put my lips together all the way! There is quite a difference in my lips from a few weeks ago to this morning...especially felt in my lower lip and in the moisture level upon waking. But as you can see from the photos, those upper lip creases were dramatically plumped this AM and that lower lip felt like it was Jolie size! I also noted in the photos some of my "baby" upper smokers lines were softened from the plumpness...just a small example of what I feel in my whole face from the AA Stim as I wasn't about to show my AM look on here, might scare a few people off. Too bad this is only temporary.. Ahh well....
(Just a note...I don't use anything on my lips but the dreaded Chapstick)

Hmmm....maybe we should develop an LED lip plumper device??? Just think, we could make MILLIONS!! ha ha.....uh oh, the wheels are spinning!!! lol...

2 weeks ago:
This AM:

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Holy hoot-owls Kassy, you are drop-dead gorgeous. I truly cannot believe you are a day over 29 in that last photo...look at that jawline!!! Wow... DH is really cute by the way! You are a lovely couple indeed. I have to get my hands on the Lightstim. I'm not that fond of the BQ as it seems to take me 40 minutes each time. Maybe my face is bigger than other faces Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Got ya Kassy! ha ha....I misunderstood and thought the changes happened within a year...and I was like whoa!!! So it was a somewhat "gradual" thing once you hit 50, but a striking change nonetheless in a few years.....Still blows my mind... but with the aging changes I have seen this year in myself I can relate (I know! You said I am still just a baby! lol...baby changes Kassy, baby changes... Wink )

It amazes me the progress you have made with your skin care mission and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say your advice and comments, always given willingly, freely and without judgment or bias, are much appreciated. Even though I realize that what worked for you may not work for myself, it is the simple fact that you shared that information so I and others have a "starting" point to work with....we can tweak or change things to suit our needs and see what works for us. But just because we have that good knowledge "base" as a starting point it makes all the difference in the world. At least it does for me and the AA Stim. I feel more confident in using it because I don't feel as though I am going at this alone...it's nice to know you have my back!!

Woke up with a banger headache today...fell asleep for a few minutes with the Stim attached to the side of my face last night....ha ha....but damn, I still looked good this morning!! Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lindylass
5% products discount

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
CP serum is the weaker serum. Then there is super cp serum. Standard starting dose for the face is 4 drops but if the lightstim is increasing the uptake 30 fold, you might try 2 or 3 drops mixed with a little water no more than every other day just to start with to see what happens. If you have no adverse reaction you can increase the amount you use and the amount of days. Pickart recommends for people with sensitive skin to use a biological oil like squalene/emu before cps to slow the uptake. If you want to increase the uptake put on the serum and then put a few drops of a biological oil over it to push it in to your skin. I wish I could use it on my face too. Sad
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I can answer some questions about CPs for you. I've been using them for 10 months and can rave about the results I've had from CPs (along w/ Retin A/BHA for exfoliation & better penetration of the CPs).

I've been following the roller and (more recently) LED threads to see if those products can enhance my results of the CPs.

I've already experienced tightening and reduction of crepey skin along w/ diminishing of pore size w/ the products I use.

kassy - follow lindylass's advice about diluting the CPs w/ H2O until you get use to it. I started out diluting mine w a ratio of 1 drop CP to 7 drops water and increasing the CPs every 2 wks until I was use to them. I did not experience the uglies w/ this method. I would be a good idea to do this w/ the LEDs until you can use CPS full strength.

lindylass - you might want to try the GHK Serum. I used it on my eyes and just loved it. It showed great results and had a very nice feel to it. It is the gentlest of the CPs and is the one they used in the studies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone - I've been using CP's for about 18 months- first the regular CP serum for about 9 months and then the super CP serum for about 9 months. I have also been using the AALS for 11 months now. I don't know if it was the CP's or the AALS that made my cheeks fuller and the skin on my neck thicker or the combination, but it works! I have been reading the SkinBiology forum for well over a year and they highly recommended CP's with red/infrared LED's.
Have had no adverse effects. I am now 57 and
have a nice glow and even tone - just the sagging starting in. Feel free to use CP's and
the LED lights - it works. PS - Also reduces
hyperpigmentation. Happy New Year - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy (or anyone else who wants to try the CPs). I read so much info here about CPs before I took the plunge that I decided to take the conservative route. You may not need to go as slow as I did, but if you want to avoid any irritations (ie: uglies), slower is better.

Here's my routine I used, you may adjust as needed:

Week 1: 7 drops H2O to 1 drop CP
Week 3: 6 drops H2O:2 drops CP
Week 5: 5 drops H2O:3 drops CP
Week 7: 4 drops H2O:4 drops CP
Week 9: 3 drops H2O:5 drops CP
Week10: 2 drops H2O:6 drops CP
Week12: 1 drop H2O:7 drops CP
Week14: 8 drops CP

This is a very conservative route. I did not see any uglies unless I tried to speed it up a bit. When I moved up to the Super CP Serum, I diluted again, but used the regular CP Serum like the water (7 drops CP Serum to 1 drop Super CP). This stuff is strong, so go slow.

I really want to buy a LED for the benefits w/ the CPs. Which one, I don't know..... It is nice to hear of the results that Dr. P has said the LED gives to them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'll stay tuned for your results. You always give us such concrete and usable info. Idea
mangosteen
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm an obsessed Cool lurker Cool on EDS. Just thought I'd pop in with a few words on AALS. I've been using it six weeks now, 5 or 6 times a week. I do 4 minutes per treatment area on my face, neck, chest, and hands. I LOVE IT!!! Yes, that was me yelling out my window at the top of my lungs, praising my Lightstim. My face is always plumped and glowing, and overall healthier looking now. I feel like it has actually lightened my skin tone a bit. I have/had very fine lines radiating from my upper lip which are on their way to being completely gone. My neck looks much fresher and toned. I have a faint horizontal line there which seems to be less noticable. My hands responded very quickly. They appear less crepey. My chest is going to take considerably more effort, but I have faith that it will get there. I did some serious sun worshipping in my teens and have spots and permanent pinkness. UGH! It has definitely improved, but has a long way to go. I should add that I dermarolled my face, maybe a total of ten rolls, six months ago, so it could be that some of the improvements I'm seeing on my face are from that. At any rate...I am very happy with my AALS and can't wait to see the improvements of prolonged use. I am hooked and dedicated...finally a gadget that is not relegated to my gadget graveyard!

Most important thing of this post...THANKS to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences on this thread...I'm especially lookin' at you, Kassy Smile You have a heart of gold (which, in this economy, is much better than having a heart on credit with a high interest rate!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, your pics look fine and really illustrate the difference, but any time you want them cropped, enlarged or whatever, I'll be glad to do that for you.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 am      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
Kassy - I agree your pictures look great. I can see the improvement and your skin looks so tone and firmed. I know you said you have been using for a year but at what point did you really start to see improvement?

I'm now just at the 16 month mark. I started in Sept 07 with the Original LightStim, and then got the AALS in Feb 08..

In a nutshell, as best I recall at this late hour before signing off, here's a summary;

- From day one my skin was softer

- Week one saw additional softness and improvement in color/tone

- One month saw a continued improvement in all the above

- Five months after starting, came the AALS, and the first time I used it, I saw an immediate improvement in my very sundamaged neck/chest

- Sixth month (1 month with AALS) intensified all of the improvements noted above, and also erased all the broken caps on my cheeks and chin. Things began to firm up nicely.

- Eighth month I noticed significant tightness and firmness in my cheeks, eyes + jawline... And all remnants of the significant sun damage I had from the age of 16 was completely gone. Pores are smaller than they ever were in my life. Another wierd thing is that although I never had anything more than a hormonal breakout now and then, I haven't even had 1 pimple in the last 8 months. Not a one! (Could have something to do with my serums though also..)

- Since then, the improvements continue but are more subtle, because I really don't have anything skin wise left to correct. But of course being 59, I am just happy to keep the sagging at bay .. Embarassed So actually seeing so much improvement there, has me doing my happy dance ... Dancing Dancing Dancing ... I don't know about other LED's, but what I do know, is that the AALS works on sag, and really increases that collagen and elastin.

I wish I were better with the camera, because the pictures just really don't do justice to just how incredibly good my skin looks and feels. It really is quite amazing, especially when you consider that I have been a smoker for 45 years.. Shock

Okay kiddies, have to get my beauty sleep ... Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Thanks for sharing your pics Kassy, I love it when you can actually see results rather than just hear about them.
A wonderful improvement for sure.
I do believe I'll be getting an AALS after I've used the Stop for a few weeks, as I doubt the Stop will do anything for the sundamaged look to my chest, and obviously the LED will.I can't wait to start. Very Happy

I am hoping the STOP will increase the firmness, especially around the lower face/jaw areas.. I'm sure that will work quicker!

The LED is nothing short of amazing for the terrible sun damage I had on my neck/chest.. I'm telling you my skin looked and felt awful. So much so, that I never wore anything with a scooped neckline. My chest felt dry, bumpy and disgusting!

I have another old picture I came across that really shows the sag I had in my chin/neck from the front. I have been embarassed to even post it, but I'll put it up later for a short time. (I need to find it on my other computer, and get it in photobucket...Look for it later on today!)

I'm experimenting with a 'new' serum I made to use with the LED, but need to use it a few more times before I share.. Simply because it has oil in it, and I want to be sure it isn't occlusive..

It's wonderful these gadgets we have available at this point in time, to stall (and in some cases) reverse, the aging process.

For you girls 40ish and younger, you can really take advantage of all of this, to preserve your skin, and keep it in optimal condition... It is so much easier to prevent, than to correct!

If I knew back then, what I know now, these would be my holy grail items;

Topicals
Sunscreen
Alpha Hydroxy Acid Souffle (12% on a daily basis)
Retin_A (every other night)
Vitamin A,C,E + Ferulic Serum (4 or 5 days per week)
Antioxident + Beneficial Oil Serum (6 days per week)
1 day off per week from topicals (but definitely reserve this day for a nice mask)

Gadgets

Trust me, I have/had every gadget known to man, but the following are the only ones that worked;

LigthStim Anti-Aging LED (The original is good, and especially nice for treating aches and pains, but the AALS is for beautifying + building collagen + elastin. This has been my personal experience anyway.)

Tua Viso (I've only been using this less than a month, and can see and feel slight improvements already.. I believe the effects will be cumulative, and must be ongoing to *keep* the benefits.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I do, if the "STOP" will be added to this list...

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
queenpedauque....way to go!!! Keep it up and hopefully months down the road the old collagen will kick'er in to high gear! Glad you are loving it too.....

And as always, thanks Kassy for the inspiration. You are my (and other's) driving force behind this little gizmo and one of the reasons I continue to plug away at it. From the get go you preached that it takes time and perseverance... which I always knew I was ready to tackle!! Way to go Stimmers!! ha ha....

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
Hi, Kassy. I'm 29 with red hair and fair skin. My skin in the past has usually been extremely oily, but since having the baby it's been a lot drier. I have large pores and I'm beginning to get fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I took what you said to heart and I'm using my sunblock from Principal Secret. And unfortunately I'm still getting acne breakouts. My eyebrows could also use a little lift. Everyone always promised me it would go away when I grew up. Laughing I've been reading all of the threads on LEDs. I really do think it would help with some of my issues. I used to have a Dermal Tone and was getting decent results until my ex husband got rid of it. That jerk got rid of every beauty gadget I had. I'm hoping to replace everything eventually with better models. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I used to talk to Scally on here and I really miss her. She always had something to tell you about the newest beauty gadget. Let me know if I've left anything out. And thank you for replying.

Since you are only 29, I'm assuming sag and significant wrinkles aren't an issue yet.. If you do decide to buy an LED, it would be for more of prevention than correction which is a good thing, but you might want to try other less expensive options 1st, since I don't think you will get the "WOW" factor with an LED just yet, because you don't have much to correct..

Of all the other gadgets I have used over the years, I am comfortable recommending the Derma Wand + Tua Viso. (The Tua Viso is much like the Dermal Tone, but the quality is much superior.) There are threads on both devices here at EDS. Here's an active one on Tua Viso;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31637

The Derma Wand is a great little gadget that increases circulation, oxygenates the skin with ozone, zaps the occasional breakout and gives a lovely allover lift (especially for the eyes.) Using it for 15 minutes a few times per week, will give you a healthier, prettier skin IMHO. The best price I've ever seen for it ($89.ish) is available at HSN.com. Here is the official website, where you can view a video. (Oh, and don't believe the 6 minute schmele, 15 minutes is what works!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31637

Hope that helps, and didn't confuse you further.. I just don't want you to rush into an expensive purchase, and then be disappointed.. Also let those after pregnancy hormones calm down a bit, then see where you are.

You can find Scalawaggirl at the Lab Muffins Forum. Just register at the forum, and you'll be sent an activation code when you're approved;

http://www.labmuffins.com

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping these helpful hints for the new LED users.

Kassy_A wrote:

Here are the most important things in my opinion:

1. Exfoliate before using the light.. It could be a microfiber cloth (my personal choice), or one of the many skin polishing exfoliators available at the drugstore..Neutrogena has a nice one! (The bottom line is whatever removes the dead skin cells.) Clarisonic would probably be great on a regular basis as well.

2. I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle (12% AHA) on a regular basis, which breaks up the glue holding the old dead skin cells together..(This product will make hint #1 a piece of cake.) Don't expect amazing results if you forget these two steps, because the light won't penetrate through the *crud* as well.

3. I alternate treatments between bare face or a light liquid vitamin concoction.... If you use a serum pre treatment, it must be non-occlusive, or the light won't penetrate.. (Unless you are sure, do not use any topical pre-treatment.) Nothing thicker than a watery serum should ever be used in my opinion..

4. For the first 4 to 6 weeks, try to use the LED 5 or more times per week, for a full 3 minutes to each area of your face, neck, decolette' and tops of your hands also.. Plan on a good hour for all that, especially till you get the hang of it...(I honest to God believe that this method really gave me a jump start, and was responsible for my better than average results.. Once you are well on your way with the first 6 weeks under your belt, 45 minutes 3 times per week will probably suffice. (Everyone is different, so this is the mid-ground I believe)

5. Take before pictures! I can't stress enough how important this really is... You will miss all the subtle *fun* changes along the way if you ignore this step. Please trust me on this, and you will be oh so happy 6 months from now..(I recommend before you start, and then every 2 weeks thereafter. Do it in a room with artificial lighting and no windows if possible, and try to duplicate the same poses.) You will do yourself a major disservice if you skip this hint!.

6. LED's are great, but they need the help of a good quality skincare regime to really give you the best possible result... You will reap the great LED rewards, only when you give your skin what it needs to be protected; (sunscreen), nourished; (vit A,B,C,E + great nourishing oils) and oxygenated naturally; (massage, exercise, other devices)

In my humble opinion of course ... Very Happy

happycat01
5% products discount

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vividsenses.

I do not apply anything on my face before using the lightstim. Sometimes just after treating the face area, if the skin feels a little bit dry, I apply some moisturizer.

I have only recommended this type of device to you because I thought that our skin concerns were pretty similar. Also, I have emailed Steve (the guy at the official lightstim website) and he also recommended this type of device for me.
I have sensitive/oily skin with acne rosacea and i also used to get some pimples occasionally.
Since using the AALS my skin redness has been reduced dramatically and I have not had any more breakouts.
The light does get warm, but for me it is still pleasant to use and does not make my skin worse. As the light only gets warm after about 10-15 mins, you can, for example to start treating the areas of the face which are most sensitive first, such as cheeks, and then forehead, neck, etc.

It is not guaranteed that everybody will have the same results with the AALS, but I hope whichever device you decide to purchase you will see an improvement in your skin.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm still very pleased with the AALS. I'm about to hit the 3 month mark and my skin continues to improve. Aside from a glow or a luminosity and smoothness, I am seeing toning. I'm noting this in the lower cheek/jaw area & I am seeing some in the eye area too. (I get used to the good changes so quickly. It's hard to keep track. I know that's why we take photos. But my first one was taken on a day I was exhausted and I'm afraid to look at it.)
With pigmentation/age spots, I first saw a darkening and then a lightening.
I also find the AALS is great for sinus congestion. It just happens in the normal treatment routine although I do place the device
w/ the idea of hitting the sinuses as well.
It is slowly fading a broken blood vessel that used to come and go but has been a permanent resident for quite a few years now.
So basically, the same changes I saw initially just increasing.
A good little tool. I love it!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary, this is the recipe I use before an LED session every other time or so;

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract (optional but nice)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

For those of you who use and are well conditioned to copper peptides, it would be a good addition to this serum in a very small quantity..(like drops, not spoonfuls.. )

So that's it Kiddie's... Have fun, and may the *light* be with you!

The main thing to note, is that you want it to be a watery type serum, and not have anything occlusive in it..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Bira wrote:
prettyarmor wrote:
Good through 5/10...

Brick wall I missed the sale! Lesson learned from a major procrastinator. I'm going to have to wait for the next sale now. Maybe father's day? Confused

If you really want to get it, why don't you shoot an email to Steve through customer service.. He might still honor it, since it's only one day late..

EDS members always get 10% discounts anyhoo..Just don't forget to confirm it.

Hi Kass, how do I email steve directly? Last time I used their generic email address, Danielle responded.

Just use the one on the website, and put "For Steve" in the subject line..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Took the plunge, bought one, thanks to Kassy!

Will AALS help with acne as well? Or is it strictly for skin firming and spot reducing? Will it help heal recent or old scars from surgery?

For serious acne issues, the "Acne" LED is a better choice. The AALS deals with all the anti-aging problems we encounter; (sagging, skin texture, fine lines, broken caps + hyperpigmentation.) It doesn't completely reverse all of this, but over the long haul you can reasonably expect about a 75% improvement. (That is my experience anyway..)

My scar experience is this; I used it immediately and often on a 2nd degree burn I suffered while cooking. It healed brilliantly, and the result is a barely noticable skin discoloration..(If I didn't know exactly where it was, I would not readily see it!) My skin texture was left perfect, with no scarring texture. I also tried it on 6 surgical scars (that were 3 years post op)on the knee area, but other than lightening up the redness, it did nothing on the scar texture.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion the men that would be committed enough to take the time needed for acne treatment are few and far between..They just are not as committed as we are.

I would not advise you to share your light with him because it does not have the wavelength required to *kill* the bacteria that causes acne.. The AALS could *help* a mild case, but is not designed for serious acne... Besides that, you wouldn't want to contaminate your device.

If you do let him give it a try, be sure to disinfect with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |