Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Add me as another missing Kassy. It is just not the same without her advice and encouragement and knowledge.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
It is just not the same without her advice and encouragement and knowledge.

I could not have said it better.
Me six (or whatever...)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been sporadically following this thread and am considering adding this device based on a lot of happy customers with time behind them (esp Kassy!). I've read about lessening of lines, pigmentation improvement, collagen/elasticity improvement, and skin plumpening... Wondering if the plumpening is helping out anyone with hollows in their cheeks?... I'm happy with my FE program, but stubborn spot is my hollows and I can't seem to get over the last hurdle. Do you think it would be delusional to hope for some improvement in this area?

thanks all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang this is the third attempt to post here. I have a computer that has gone crazy and I tried posting three heart felt posts for several days only to have them lost in cyberspace Mad

Kassy has been a member here for several years nurturing newbies and long timers with tips for the lightstim and DIY among many other things. She brings experience, recipes,and discovery to anyone interested. She has posted pictures and answers TONS of emails as well as postings. I am not telling you any thing you don't already know, except if you haven't worked a forum like this it is difficult to realize how taxing it can be. To dedicate this type of service is not far from being a job. She does it out of passion for her personal interest to look great as she ages and to help others do the same. She also tries to be realistic with cost involved wanting to be practical with cost for herself and others. Taking on this kind of service to the forum requires time and commitment and often you can become weary. Kassy has brought humor and laughter to the aging process which is probably as valuable as anything else we learn here. My hope is that Kassy will continue to share and be a part because she is what makes EDS such a wonderful place. She and others contribute to helping us go forward with confidence,class, and best of all... a good sense of humor. Kassy if you are checking in with us we think you ROCK girlfriend wave . For the rest of us we can pick up the slack and hope that Kassy will return to share some more of her latest goodies because we KNOW she cooking some upImage

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
DITTO Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
WHAT... NO KASSY????

Hey Kassy - We "old-time" EDS-ers have shared a lot over these few years - and have learned a lot - most of it from you. Laughing Some of the young-uns need you too. There is a core of people here who really want you back on the forum with us. We are what really matters Very Happy So Please Kassy: wave - Come out, come out wherever you are. Cool
Miss you Kassy - Sis

5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I miss reading Kassy's postings too. Sad
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. I own no gadgets (yet Wink ) and am virtually a lurker - see lacklustre post count - but am treating myself to my first off-topic post.

EDS is my favourite site to hang, thanks to the enthusiasm and generosity of most posters, none more so than Kassy. She's a gem.

So please, come back and hang out, Kassy.

PS. And for what it's worth, I don't think she's being overly sensitive - even I've noticed some narkiness.
Cheers,
Lee
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Is targeting the top of the nose hard with the LightStim? I will be receiving mine early this upcoming week, and what I really need is to take care of some minor broken capillaries on my nose, I REALLY want to focus on that area, but I was unsure as to whether using the LightStim on the top of the nose is possible, and if it will have results?

Also, how do you guys feel about the fact that the LightStim's have no filter or plastic covering over the diodes? At any time do you ever feel like it would be easy to accidentally break an LED? Are they secure? Just wondering because I know it's good to use a cotton ball with alcohol to clean off the top of the bulbs, but I'm so scared that I'll end up breaking it. LOL.

But yes, I finally caved and bought the AALS. I even posted in another topic here that I wouldn't buy one because they are so pricey, but I couldn't ignore the results that other members have had. Very excited to start using.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just rest the device on the top of my nose - don't have any problems - just keep eyes closed.

IMO the device is built very well and there is no risk of the diodes breaking with normal use. I've actually dropped mine a couple of times and it has survived.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I just rest the device on the top of my nose - don't have any problems - just keep eyes closed.

IMO the device is built very well and there is no risk of the diodes breaking with normal use. I've actually dropped mine a couple of times and it has survived.

Hello Keliu!

That's what I figured, that I could just rest it there, I just thought that because the nose is such a weird area (shape), it might be difficult to treat.

Great to hear you think the device is well built. And LOL @ you admitting you've dropped yours, atleast I now know that it IS durable.

Cant wait to get this. I've heard so many people RAVING about how good the LighStim is, as well as customer support, etc.

My skin needs this!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote

Looks like it's safe to come out of hiding Very Happy

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who posted, PM'd and emailed me so much ♥ ♥ ♥. You all know who your are, and I feel the same about all of you... BIG hugs, and a whole lotta .

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Looks like it's safe to come out of hiding Very Happy

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who posted, PM'd and emailed me so much ♥ ♥ ♥. You all know who your are, and I feel the same about all of you... BIG hugs, and a whole lotta .

So glad you stopped by Kassy. From so many posts from the members requesting your presence it does say that you are well loved and missed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Is targeting the top of the nose hard with the LightStim? I will be receiving mine early this upcoming week, and what I really need is to take care of some minor broken capillaries on my nose, I REALLY want to focus on that area, but I was unsure as to whether using the LightStim on the top of the nose is possible, and if it will have results?

Also, how do you guys feel about the fact that the LightStim's have no filter or plastic covering over the diodes?

I completely forgot to mention the broken caps when I answered your PM.. Crying or Very sad

They are the hardest thing to completely get rid of, but you will notice slow and steady improvement over time. What will also help that along, is the use of a cream or lotion that contains a decent amount of vitamin K and/or products that contain Butcher's Broom or other ingredients that encourage increased circulation and help to repair sluggish veins + blood vessels.

As far as the *opened* design of the treatment head, I'm of the opinion that it is one of the two most important thing that sets LightStim products apart from the rest. While I'm at it, I would also give you a heads up not to be surprised or worried if you see little tiny indentations in your face following your first several treatments.. Laughing It's nothing to worry about, and they will be gone within an hour.. The more backed up your lymph system is, the more 'indents' you will see from the diodes pressing the fluid filled skin..(You only need them to touch the skin, and do not have to press hard!) As you continue your treatments, your lymphatics will drain like the dickens, and you won't see the dents as time moves on... Drink a glass of water pre and post treatment, which will move the toxins out quickly and effectively..

Good luck, and please share all your thoughts (good or bad) for any help I can offer.

Don't be surprised if you recieve it as early as tomorrow evening!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, yay! You're back!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Glad to see that you're back!

Cheers!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Also, how do you guys feel about the fact that the LightStim's have no filter or plastic covering over the diodes?

I completely forgot to mention the broken caps when I answered your PM.. Crying or Very sad

They are the hardest thing to completely get rid of, but you will notice slow and steady improvement over time. What will also help that along, is the use of a cream or lotion that contains a decent amount of vitamin K and/or products that contain Butcher's Broom or other ingredients that encourage increased circulation and help to repair sluggish veins + blood vessels.

As far as the *opened* design of the treatment head, I'm of the opinion that it is one of the two most important thing that sets LightStim products apart from the rest. While I'm at it, I would also give you a heads up not to be surprised or worried if you see little tiny indentations in your face following your first several treatments.. Laughing It's nothing to worry about, and they will be gone within an hour.. The more backed up your lymph system is, the more 'indents' you will see from the diodes pressing the fluid filled skin..(You only need them to touch the skin, and do not have to press hard!) As you continue your treatments, your lymphatics will drain like the dickens, and you won't see the dents as time moves on... Drink a glass of water pre and post treatment, which will move the toxins out quickly and effectively..

Good luck, and please share all your thoughts (good or bad) for any help I can offer.

Don't be surprised if you recieve it as early as tomorrow evening!

Well it's good to hear that my little broken caps can be at least REDUCED so they won't be as noticeable. I guess I can't expect them to be completely gone, without maybe the use of a professional laser.

And yes, I did read about the diodes leaving imprints on faces, which I think is so funny. But what exactly is lymphatic draining? I know what lymph nodes are, but what does the draining mean? What's going on exactly?

And yes, will definitely be drinking water! I need to start drinking more water any way, so it will get me into a good practice!

I will share with you guys right after the first treatment! I have no doubt that this thing is going to blow my mind.

And Kassy, you really think it could get here by this evening? On the website, it still says Processing, it has said that since yesterday early morning when I ordered it. I am unsure if they shipped it yet, and if they did, that would be CRAZY if it made it to Ohio from California in a day. I'm not going to count on it, but I'll cross my fingers!

Thanks!
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

What a lovely and welcome surprise to see you back. You were missed!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
It's truly lovely to have you back, Kassy.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

it is pleasure to have you back. You were terribly missed by most of us.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

We are so happy you are back Very Happy . You were truly missed.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Love that Kassy is back too! She is a wonderful person, and a genuine member here on EDS.

In other news, just checked the status of my LightStim. Earlier this morning, it had still said "Processing", but it now says that it's been shipped. Will have my LightStim tomorrow I am guessing. YAY.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Kassy -

There is so much I want to say, about how much you make EDS forums such a special place to be - but simply :

I am so relieved you are back with your EDS family.

We all value your expertise, knowledge and loveliness.

Philip.
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Image (That's me blushing.. Embarassed )

Image (That's the group hug.. Very Happy

Image (And that's me thanking you all once again for your very kind words... I love and care about all of you very much.. ♥

I have something to share that I found out quite by accident when I did my AALS treatment the other night... It was short lived, but is something I'll continue doing, just for the hell of it, to see if there is cumulative benefit..

All the same preparation as usual (cleanse, exfoliation, a quick lymph massage, apply serum, drink water + have at it for an hour or so)...

What was different is that I started from the chest up, and firmly lifted each area treated for the full 3 minutes... (I hope you get what I'm saying... Like press lightly against the skin and push upward.. I did this for the entire neck and face area, and I looked much more refreshed than usual when I finished...

Hopefully it wasn't just wishful thinking, and I might be onto something that could increase the benefits for us... Time will tell!

On another note, I'm starting to think that the Omnilux used for 20 minutes around the crows feet might be too drying for me.. I'm noticing a deepening of the lines just under each eye. I'm not sure what 5 minute treatments will do, but I'm going to try that along with a very watery HA, distilled water, Idebenone + ALA serum just on that eye area.

On still another note, my girlfriends DH, who is a PS, told me that my dreaded bags were actually "malar bags" (filled with water), and not the 'fatty' bags I thought they were... He also said that "little or nothing can be done to remove them, and the best option was to camouflage them with cheek fillers... Argh! One of these years I might look into that, but not yet.

And how was your week... Laughing

doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Kassy,

WELCOME back!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |