Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
You should call CS and have them credit you for the extra shipping you paid for. Something is holding it up somewhere.. Crying or Very sad Overnight is overnight, and I'm sure they would want to know about this and make things right.

When I bought my last light I ordered on a Saturday and received it on a Monday or Tues(Cal to Florida), and don't recall there even being a quick shipping option.. I was in fact shocked that I got it ridiculously quick...

NCN is the only other company I've purchased from with the fastest delivery ever, and has no qualms about processing orders on the weekend.. Shockingly amazing CS + quick delivery from our lovely Nanci.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just want to post a little reminder about what has worked out fantastic for me pre + post treatment...(If you are going to respond well to LED treatments, these tips will increase those results.) In my humble opinion + experience, of course.. Very Happy

Pre-Treatment

- Before pictures (and once per month thereafter)

- Cleanse + exfoliate(Exfoliation is the most important thing before every single treatment. As a general rule, I would say the older you are, the more aggressive the exfoliation should be... And NO, not until the skin is raw.. common sense prevails.. Laughing )

-Hydration
(A glass of water before and after your LED treatment, will encourage lymphatic drainage, which will move the toxins out more efficiently.)

- Treatment Serum (These are the ingredients I am aware of, that would compliment LED treatments, and are good for the skin... Alpha Hydroxy Acid, *Retinol, Grape Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, *Vitamin C, Green and/or White Tea + I'm still on the fence with (fresh from the leave) Aloe.. **If you incorporate Retinol or Vitamin C, just try to do it an hour before treatment to give it time to penetrate the deeper cells.. Both are light sensitive! Also, don't use Acids + Green Teas together on the same night. When you whip together a serum, just remember nothing occlusive [oils, silicones], and avoid preservatives if possible.. Simple and watery is best IMO + experience)

- Treatments (What worked for me was to be aggressive for the first 6 or so weeks (5 treatments per week), and then I went to 3 times per week.. Eventually 2 times per week totally maintained my results.. At this point in time I'm ready for a tune up, and began treating 3 times per week to kick things up a notch.. Razz

Post-Treatment

- Hydration (Another glass of water whether you think you need it or not.. Laughing )

- Night Time Ritual (I usually do my treatments about 4 hours or so before nighty night.. Right after my treatment I spritz my face with distilled water, apply my antioxidant serum to moist face, let that absorb in well, apply oil and finish with lymphatic massage.. (Every now and then, when time permits, I do a quick lymph massage before treatment, minus the oil of course.. Hours later, before beddy bye I apply either Retin-A or AHA. I use each 3 times per week, and always take a day/night off using nothing at all.

Hope I didn't forget anything, and it's helpful, especially to new LED users.... Oh, and other than specific treatment times, which are so conflicting per manufacturer, I believe that these tips will work for any quality LED device..

Hi Kassy,

Thank you for the clear guide on how to use a LED, it's more helpful than anything on the net!
I do have one question to ask:

Why is exfoliation so important prior to using the AALS?

I ask this because exfoliation isn't for everyone, especially if you're having to do it up to 5 times a week and using AHA's (which exfoliate). There's a very good article here about the dangers of exfoliation....
www.middle-ageless.com/2009/10/can-exfoliation-damage-skin

I only bring this up as my skin has suffered from constant grinding down of the epidermis. I stopped 6 weeks ago, and it's slowly recovering but I have lines that I don't think will now go - and having spoken to a number of other women I'm not the only one.

Please don't think I'm being negative of the exceptional help you give to us (and me personally!) on EDS but I'm curious of importance of exfoliating as I now avoid all forms of it on my face.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Just want to post a little reminder about what has worked out fantastic for me pre + post treatment...(If you are going to respond well to LED treatments, these tips will increase those results.) In my humble opinion + experience, of course.. Very Happy

Pre-Treatment

- Before pictures (and once per month thereafter)

- Cleanse + exfoliate(Exfoliation is the most important thing before every single treatment. As a general rule, I would say the older you are, the more aggressive the exfoliation should be... And NO, not until the skin is raw.. common sense prevails.. Laughing )

-Hydration
(A glass of water before and after your LED treatment, will encourage lymphatic drainage, which will move the toxins out more efficiently.)

- Treatment Serum (These are the ingredients I am aware of, that would compliment LED treatments, and are good for the skin... Alpha Hydroxy Acid, *Retinol, Grape Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, *Vitamin C, Green and/or White Tea + I'm still on the fence with (fresh from the leave) Aloe.. **If you incorporate Retinol or Vitamin C, just try to do it an hour before treatment to give it time to penetrate the deeper cells.. Both are light sensitive! Also, don't use Acids + Green Teas together on the same night. When you whip together a serum, just remember nothing occlusive [oils, silicones], and avoid preservatives if possible.. Simple and watery is best IMO + experience)

- Treatments (What worked for me was to be aggressive for the first 6 or so weeks (5 treatments per week), and then I went to 3 times per week.. Eventually 2 times per week totally maintained my results.. At this point in time I'm ready for a tune up, and began treating 3 times per week to kick things up a notch.. Razz

Post-Treatment

- Hydration (Another glass of water whether you think you need it or not.. Laughing )

- Night Time Ritual (I usually do my treatments about 4 hours or so before nighty night.. Right after my treatment I spritz my face with distilled water, apply my antioxidant serum to moist face, let that absorb in well, apply oil and finish with lymphatic massage.. (Every now and then, when time permits, I do a quick lymph massage before treatment, minus the oil of course.. Hours later, before beddy bye I apply either Retin-A or AHA. I use each 3 times per week, and always take a day/night off using nothing at all.

Hope I didn't forget anything, and it's helpful, especially to new LED users.... Oh, and other than specific treatment times, which are so conflicting per manufacturer, I believe that these tips will work for any quality LED device..

Hi Kassy,

Thank you for the clear guide on how to use a LED, it's more helpful than anything on the net!
I do have one question to ask:

Why is exfoliation so important prior to using the AALS?

I ask this because exfoliation isn't for everyone, especially if you're having to do it up to 5 times a week and using AHA's (which exfoliate). There's a very good article here about the dangers of exfoliation....
www.middle-ageless.com/2009/10/can-exfoliation-damage-skin

I only bring this up as my skin has suffered from constant grinding down of the epidermis. I stopped 6 weeks ago, and it's slowly recovering but I have lines that I don't think will now go - and having spoken to a number of other women I'm not the only one.

Please don't think I'm being negative of the exceptional help you give to us (and me personally!) on EDS but I'm curious of importance of exfoliating as I now avoid all forms of it on my face.

I think exfoliation is good before LED treatments, because it's important to remove dead skin cells so the light can penetrate the skin effectively. I am pretty sure that is the reason.

Kassy, yes, I emailed them. I'm not upset or anything, I just think it's misleading to say overnight shipping, when it's not overnight. It's now been 3 days since it's been shipped, and I don't know if I'll be receiving it today (It's nearly 2pm). Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda. Your link didn't work for me. Maybe this will help:

http://www.middle-ageless.com/search?q=exfoliation

Very interesting article BTW!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You should call CS and have them credit you for the extra shipping you paid for. Something is holding it up somewhere.. Crying or Very sad Overnight is overnight, and I'm sure they would want to know about this and make things right.

When I bought my last light I ordered on a Saturday and received it on a Monday or Tues(Cal to Florida), and don't recall there even being a quick shipping option.. I was in fact shocked that I got it ridiculously quick...

NCN is the only other company I've purchased from with the fastest delivery ever, and has no qualms about processing orders on the weekend.. Shockingly amazing CS + quick delivery from our lovely Nanci.

What the heck, just checked the status of my package. It said LAST NIGHT it was accepted in Santa Ana, CA. What the heck? I am so confused. It was STILL in CA last night, when it said shipped on Monday? That means I won't get it until tomorrow? This makes no sense. Receiving a package in 4 days, when I paid for Express? What could be holding it up? Hmm, I am keeping my cool, LOL... but that really makes me angry. If I would have known this beforehand I wouldn't have paid the extra money. I thought I'd get it yesterday. Sorry about my rant. I want my damn light! Sad
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

I think exfoliation is good before LED treatments, because it's important to remove dead skin cells so the light can penetrate the skin effectively. I am pretty sure that is the reason.

Yes EC, that certainly makes sense but does anyone know how long it takes to get a 'build up' of dead skin? Is it really nearly everyday? I guess there must be an age issue, skin renews faster when younger so build up is faster but doesn't it slow down with age? I'm genuinely in the dark on these issues, I'd love to know.
In my old routine, I was removing not just dead skin build up but mildly burning/abrasing away the epidermis - I never had a raw look, it was all very stealthy!
Which is why I have alarm bells ringing everytime I see v.regular exfoliation on the menu.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have finally been 100% convinced to order this, however I am waiting for the OZ dollar to be atleast 90cents it should go back up a little soon, hopefully.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

What the heck, just checked the status of my package. It said LAST NIGHT it was accepted in Santa Ana, CA. What the heck? I am so confused. It was STILL in CA last night, when it said shipped on Monday? That means I won't get it until tomorrow? This makes no sense. Receiving a package in 4 days, when I paid for Express? What could be holding it up? Hmm, I am keeping my cool, LOL... but that really makes me angry. If I would have known this beforehand I wouldn't have paid the extra money. I thought I'd get it yesterday. Sorry about my rant. I want my damn light! Sad

It's so horrible when your waiting for a 'goodie' in the mail, and it's held up longer than expected...

Please call Steve or Joniann and let them know what happened.. They will most likely refund your $10, even though it wasn't their fault... Their CS is top notch!

Since the status said it was "excepted in Santa Ana just last night" something went wrong *after* it left LS...

I hope you get it very soon... It will be worth the wait! Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of "exfoliation", all I can tell you is that it is the most important part of my regime... The older I get, the more I exfoliate... With that said, I will also reiterate what I've said ad nauseum from the get go; YOU MUST REPLACE THE ANTIOXIDANTS DAILY, THAT NATURALLY LIVE IN THE STRATUS CORNEUM, AND ALSO REPAIR THE SKIN BARRIER WITH LIPIDS... That is part 2 of exfoliating, and I get it from the 'oils' I recommend to all of you constantly.

I love 'Antonia', and adore her blog, but the piece on exfoliation leaves the important parts to be desired... It is also the say so of someone "anonymous" at this point in time.

All I can tell you is that I will be 60 on Jan 1st, and the things I share here are what I do.. I have never had botox, fillers, surgery or even a professional facial...When I share a photo, it is the real deal, because I don't have a clue about how to make it better.. Laughing I'm not perfect, and never claimed to be, but I'm a damn sight better than many I stand next to...

This picture was taken the other day in bright sunshine on my patio (with my decrepate little sidekick).. I have no makeup on (as usual), and apologize for the gray roots. Anyhoo, what you see is what it is, and I stand by all I share with you guys. Long story short(er), is that exfoliation is #1 on my must do list. (I promise I will gussy up for the big 60 with makeup, and minus the butterfly clip and finally post a decent picture.. Laughing )

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Damn Kassy you look gorgeous, beautiful skin!!!
And a cute little puppy to Laughing
Wow I can see why so many people on here crave your advise. Im almost 30 but want to look just as good as you at 60 so I will definitely take a leaf out of your book and pay super close attention to what you recommend. Even though your posts convinced me to buy the AALS before I saw your pic:)

Gee You really look a few decades younger, great work!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, You remind me of Jennifer Aniston in that photo. I hope you take that as a compliment. You have such a youthful aura about you. You look happy but, your little doggie doesn't. By the way, I mixed avocado oil with palm oil per your recommendation. What a great combination. It really made my skin soft!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my! Shock Looking good girlfriend....even your hands are gorgeous!!!!And I could just kiss that doggieImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah I have just noticed hands to, far out!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the youthful hands right away but, was more focused on the beautiful can't believe she's almost 60 face. Alright, now you have to spill your hand care secrets too! I'm not kidding! Ok, pretty please!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Im so ashamed. My skin does not look that even toned and good without makeup. seriously. Sad I love your dog! It's so cute. I love dogs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, Can you explain this a little bit more? "don't use Acids + Green Teas together on the same night." Is the LED green tea pretreatment serum still ok to use? Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

you are simply GORGEOUS and look so much younger then your age - truly ageless.

Thanks you for the pictures and all the valuable advice.

The doggie is also very cute but looks serious.

I also do not understand how without exfoliation and removal of the surface dead cells any of the goodies can get absorbed. It may be that some people do better with acids, and some with manual, but some form of exfoliation must be done IMHO (the amount and form may be different based on the individual skin characteristics). Anyway for me- exfoliation is absolutely critical.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - It's your dense friend Sis here. Can you tell us what antioxidants you use (Your C-serum?) and what are your favorite oils? I'm sure you have a slew in rotation so the high points will be appreciated Very Happy

Love the picture. Worth a 1000 words.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Gorgeous! At last I've found a photo! (Been searching through the posts for days to no avail)
Also would love to know how you treat your hands Kassy, they're beautiful!
Thank you Kassy very much for sharing all you know! Smile
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

*THANK YOU* so much for posting your picture. You are truly a beautiful woman and by sharing all your knowledge with us and helping us to understand our skin better it shows us that you are not just beautiful on the outside Smile

Just wondering if you are still using the AALS on your hands and if you think that's why they look so great.

Also, what kind of decrepit little sidekick (your words, not mine Wink ) is that in your arms?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Not only I am jealous of the skin but seriously the HANDS!!!!! Drool Drool Drool
My hands haven't looked like that since I was 12!!

The dog is adorable Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Okay, you got me thinking here about exfoliation... Those of us using 302 don't exfoliate, however, I can definitely see the logic and heck who wouldn't want to look that radiant as Kassy, hehe. Smile

If I decided to exfoliate, can anyone recommend something organic/natural to use? Me and chemicals don't get along so well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Just received my light! Going to wash my face and start my first treatment!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Ok, just got done. The unit gets surprisingly warm. Not warm enough to obviously burn you, but it's a nice sensation. Drank a glass of water before and after, used on a dry face. I looked in the mirror, and my skin ALREADY looks whiter. More of a uniform color. This is only the first treatment! I did on each spot for 2 minutes. The treatment head is bigger then I thought, which allows ample coverage area.. but it's hard to get those small spaces (right under eyes, beside nose)... either way, I LOVE IT and so does my skin. The lights are also VERY BRIGHT. That's probably cuz I am used to the cheaper eBay devices. I can clearly see the amber and red lights (and can clearly NOT see the Infrared Very Happy ). I have to stay consistent with this. I just can't believe how much it already whitened my skin. Hate that I paid $300, but I think this will cut down on my obsessive purchasing of creams and lotions that claim to do more than they can.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Kassy would you say you have 'thick' skin? I know Toby has mentioned she has and I've seen a new photo of her on another forum and she looks super gorgeous like you (I'll point out that being British - I don't exagerate or needlessly flatter; you two are gorgeous Wink )

It's obvious exfoliation works brilliantly for you - no one in their right mind would argue with that. However it doesn't work for me (maybe yet?) - I must be cursed with 'thin' skin; therefore I believe exfoliation isn't for everyone.
Anyway I'm banging on about something off-topic, I'll stop now Rolling Eyes

PS I'm the anon. in the article - Antonia/Rosina didn't want to put my name thinking I'd be against it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |