Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
pal wrote:
Well as the AUS $$ is over 90cent I just ordered this, cant wait!!!!! Very excited!

You're REALLY going to like it. Don't give up if you don't notice results immediately, for some it may take more treatments. Ive had mine for not even 2 weeks and I love it. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Thanks so much EC413, no I wont give up, even if I dont see much visually I really beleive,especially after reading everyone's experiences that it is super benefically for the skin.
I cant wait though!!! Very Happy
Im so glad you are seeing fabulous results and only after a short period to. Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
EC413 wrote:
pal wrote:
Well as the AUS $$ is over 90cent I just ordered this, cant wait!!!!! Very excited!

You're REALLY going to like it. Don't give up if you don't notice results immediately, for some it may take more treatments. Ive had mine for not even 2 weeks and I love it. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Thanks so much EC413, no I wont give up, even if I dont see much visually I really beleive,especially after reading everyone's experiences that it is super benefically for the skin.
Im so glad you are seeing fabulous results and only after a short period to. Very Happy

No matter what, your skin will appear healthier. And I know, when my LightStim was on it's way, I was so anxious to finally use it. Make sure to update us on how things are going, when you start treatments. Good luck with it!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad the LED is working out well for the brand new users, but please keep in mind that the best results are achieved over the long term, and from continued, consistent use..

Those immediate lovely results are certainly great though! Dancing Dancing Dancing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm happy to report that today some of my old scars seem less noticeable. Even some of my age spots look better too! Smile I love my AALS!!!

I stopped using 302 Skincare for now and focusing on the Green Tea along with some other SkinActives goodies. So far, it's working like a dream! Got another order due in from SkinActives, there goes my credit card, haha.

Love love love AALS!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
pal wrote:
EC413 wrote:
pal wrote:

No matter what, your skin will appear healthier. And I know, when my LightStim was on it's way, I was so anxious to finally use it. Make sure to update us on how things are going, when you start treatments. Good luck with it!

Thanks so much EC!! I will definitely keep everyone updated, actually I will probably be on here with heaps of questions Laughing
It has now shipped so now just waiting on the delivery services.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I'm happy to report that today some of my old scars seem less noticeable. Even some of my age spots look better too! Smile I love my AALS!!!

I stopped using 302 Skincare for now and focusing on the Green Tea along with some other SkinActives goodies. So far, it's working like a dream! Got another order due in from SkinActives, there goes my credit card, haha.

Love love love AALS!

Im glad you are seeing such great results whitewolf! I was wondering if you could tell me exactly which of the skinactive products you are using?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pal. Smile The SkinActive items I'm using are the ones listed in the Green Tea pretreatment that Kassy posted (first page). I am seeing positive results from doing this prior to AALS.

Also got their DMAE serum and Anti Oxidant Booster. My new order (that I just placed & should get soon) is for:

Dream Cream
European Cream
ELS Serum: Every Lipid Serum
Liquid Rainbow (lips)
Lip Collagen Serum
Collagen Serum - Let's Make Collagen
Marine Toner

Went a bit overboard, couldn't help myself. Smile
I really like how everything can be mixed & matched. I am using their Sea Kelp Bioferment in my hair too, I put it on the ends where it's really dry and damaged. Getting the Dream Cream since winter is approaching, my husband's hands get real bad in winter (as in cracking, peeling, and even bleeding). Hoping it'll help.

Think I better hide my credit card and fast though! hehe

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Do you think that the "Let's Make Collagen" of SAS is occlusive?

The ingredients are as follows:

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Sxtract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi Pal. Smile The SkinActive items I'm using are the ones listed in the Green Tea pretreatment that Kassy posted (first page). I am seeing positive results from doing this prior to AALS.

Also got their DMAE serum and Anti Oxidant Booster. My new order (that I just placed & should get soon) is for:

Dream Cream
European Cream
ELS Serum: Every Lipid Serum
Liquid Rainbow (lips)
Lip Collagen Serum
Collagen Serum - Let's Make Collagen
Marine Toner

Went a bit overboard, couldn't help myself. Smile
I really like how everything can be mixed & matched. I am using their Sea Kelp Bioferment in my hair too, I put it on the ends where it's really dry and damaged. Getting the Dream Cream since winter is approaching, my husband's hands get real bad in winter (as in cracking, peeling, and even bleeding). Hoping it'll help.

Think I better hide my credit card and fast though! hehe

Hey thanks for that Whitewolf I was just really curious:) I will have to go back to page one and purchase everything for pretreatment now Laughing
I have just a few of there products and really like them, from your recently purchased list
I have ELS, Lip collagen serum, Lets make collagen and also have antiox booster and DMAE which was in my last order but havent used it yet. You will love them actually ELS and LMC are FABULOUS!!! Well worth going crazy for and yes its addictive.
Thanks again for your response and goodluck with it all and be sure to keep us updated.
havana8

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
As the discussion on Green Tea, Acids, Vitamin C and Chelators in DIY formulations is becoming more involved, it has been split and moved to its own thread. If you would like to follow the discussion, this topic now sits here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36231
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Havana...

I definitely think this topic is getting a little off-topic. The title is "Anti-Aging LightStim", so we should keep it to a discussion on that. Not trying to be mean, but it's throwing off the organization and making it a bit difficult to follow.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Havana for splitting the thread.

It was getting to hard to follow especially for those of us who don't understand chelators in DIY formulations. I leave that up to those who are most knowledgable.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using my AALS five nights a week. Was wondering if that's a good amount of days per week or should I just go the full seven days?

Just wondering how many days of the week everyone else uses their AALS. I apologize if it's already been mentioned. Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Whitewolf, it's recommended 5 days/week, but I noticed that I'm probably doing it about 6 a week...sometimes 5.

You probably shouldn't do it everyday, it's probably good to give your skin 2 days off, to re cooperate and rebuild...I dont think anything bad would happen if you used it 7, though.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi, I've been using my AALS five nights a week. Was wondering if that's a good amount of days per week or should I just go the full seven days?

Just wondering how many days of the week everyone else uses their AALS. I apologize if it's already been mentioned. Thanks Smile

We've been assured by the LS folks that it's safe to use the LED daily, and in fact they encourage it...

I'm afraid I disagree with that, and don't think that any gadget should be used each and every day forever more.. We use most gadgets to hopefully trigger a rejuvenating response, so it makes sense to me that a quiet, undisturbed recovery/rejuvenating time would allow that process to flourish...

With that said, I will also add, that in the 1st 6 weeks of using the LED it's good to be aggressive with 5 treatments per week, and then reduce it to every other day.. (Sounds a bit contradictory and hope I haven't confused you.. Laughing )

So to clarify for anyone who missed it throughout the thread;

- Be aggressive the first 6 weeks with 5 treatments per week.
- Then try 3 times per week (every other day) and see how that goes.

Everybody reacts differently to treatments, so just pay attention to what your skin tells you.

Don't forget to exfoliate prior, with the microfiber cloths, it makes a world of difference, X my ...

For anybody who is still under the 90 day warranty, and you haven't seen really nice changes to your skin by 4 weeks, please post some details for us, so we can see what might be missing, or figure out if LED's are just not for you.. It's a big investment in time and money, and I am happy to share all the things that made it so worthwhile for me.

Oh, just want to jot this thought down before I forget, and I know we talked about it elsewhere in this thread, but is anybody still incorporating copper peptides pre or post treatment? Studies are encouraging that it really boosts collagen production when used with LED's.. (Red wavelength was used in the study.) I'm thinking of doing an experiment using the AALS + the ONU (red only TX) and see if I notice a difference.. Any suggestions for a good test area? Tops of hands maybe? Forehead? Yep, I think I'll do the 2 lines on my forehead, that way I can cover a disaster with bangs.. Embarassed Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
havana8

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Oh, just want to jot this thought down before I forget, and I know we talked about it elsewhere in this thread, but is anybody still incorporating copper peptides pre or post treatment? Studies are encouraging that it really boosts collagen production when used with LED's.. (Red wavelength was used in the study.) I'm thinking of doing an experiment using the AALS + the ONU (red only TX) and see if I notice a difference.. Any suggestions for a good test area? Tops of hands maybe? Forehead? Yep, I think I'll do the 2 lines on my forehead, that way I can cover a disaster with bangs.. Embarassed Very Happy

What about the neck and/or upper decollete as a test area, Kassy? I think I remember Winnie mentioning that she had great results in general with copper peptides on her neck. I wonder if it would ramp up the results as you mention...
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kassy and whitewolf - First of all - have
been using copper peptides before the AAlightstim for months. Have been using it over the neck and face and let it soak in for about 20 minutes before using the LED. Have
not had any problems and the skin on the neck got thicker and less wrinkled - but my neck is still not where I want it to be. I have been thinking of experimenting on using copper peptide in one area and green tea in the other area before the LED to see if there is any difference in the results. Both seem to be effective but just wondering if one is more
effective than the other.

Whitewolf - Kassy is correct - Use the AAlightstim about 5 days per week for the first 3 months and then down to 3 times a week and then eventually 2-3 times a week. This is what
Steve recommended initially. This regimen worked great! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

What about the neck and/or upper decollete as a test area, Kassy? I think I remember Winnie mentioning that she had great results in general with copper peptides on her neck. I wonder if it would ramp up the results as you mention...

I actually could use the most help in the neck area, and a test there was my 1st thought as well... The only thing stopping me is remembering what happened to my neck with the STOP treatments.. Shock The LED + Vaculifter corrected much of that damage, but I'm not sure I have another healing process like that left in me... Laughing

On the other hand, if the CP's work for me, it would be nice to enjoy a bit of extra firmness in the dreaded neck.. hmm! I tried the weakest CP Serum for a bit a while ago, but didn't stick with it.

P.S. Many thanks for cleaning the thread up..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi kassy and whitewolf - First of all - have
been using copper peptides before the AAlightstim for months. Have been using it over the neck and face and let it soak in for about 20 minutes before using the LED. Have
not had any problems and the skin on the neck got thicker and less wrinkled - but my neck is still not where I want it to be. I have been thinking of experimenting on using copper peptide in one area and green tea in the other area before the LED to see if there is any difference in the results. Both seem to be effective but just wondering if one is more
effective than the other.

I'm definitely encouraged by hearing your positive results...

I've noticed continued aging signs in my neck, while my face aging seems to have slowed to a crawl... It would be lovely to enjoy "thicker and less wrinkled" neck skin..WooHoo!

Lately I've slacked off on my LED, so having this new plan/goal is just what I need.. (And of course more girly free time would be nice.. Very Happy ) It won't be this weekend though, as I have my 3 boys here till Sunday.. Very Happy

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replies. Smile I really appreciate! I'll do some homework on copper peptides & such. Never tried CP's before.

My neck has wrinkles along with some old scars (thyroid surgery years ago), one long scar and two smaller ones. Hopefully the more I use actives, pretreatments, and my AALS it'll blend in more (lessen). ::fingers crossed:: Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Just did a Lightstim treatment. I did something different today regarding exfoliation. I whipped up an exfoliating mask (equal parts of sugar and baking soda + a little water), applied to my face, let it sit for a minute, then lightly scrubbed with water. After that, I dabbed cold green tea on my face, used the LightStim and then applied cucumber facial lotion afterward. I'm definitely liking the results. I don't think my skin is fully repaired yet, but the results that I see are promising. I still want the broken caps on my nose to fade more! We will see in the weeks to come.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy and Whitewolf - Just make sure to exfoliate very well before putting on the copper peptides before the LED - that may help
to make a bigger impact - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
What is the difference between the LED and the AALS,what do each of then do? I had 6 treatments at my derm's office with the LED and my skin looked better but did not last,only about six months.Help please.Is one better than the other or do you need both ?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Leggy61 the AALS is an LED treatment. My guess is your Derm's office will tell you that their light is 'professional' and therefore worth the expense - I personally disagree with that but...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I got my AALS today YAY!!!! But Im waiting until the weekend to use it as I have 2 of my sisters here tomorrow for a few days and we have many things we're doing.
I was almost going to ask how to I know if its charging...then I relised its electric..blonde moment Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |