Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hittin40, I am unsure about the CP's because I have never tried CPs. I think I remember hearing that people usually use them AFTERWARD... but I am unsure. All I know, is that people have had great results with them.

As far as Green Tea goes? Yes, definitely before LED treatments. I simply steep Green Tea bags and apply to my face, then let dry, and use the LightStim.

As far as Green Tea + CP in conjunction? I am unsure about that as well, hopefully someone can help!

I also think that, for me atleast, using the LightStim every other day gets better results, than using everyday. I took a few days off, and it seemed like my skin looks better and better, even without use. GREAT INVESTMENT. No more buying (worthless + $$) skin creams.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks queenpedauque! Ok so seems like other people have had this happen. Good to know!
Actually I don't know if I could really call these freckles, they are more like large, flat things... sounds sooo attractive! Laughing Hmm maybe they are more from age... Anyway, yes I've always kind of thought that freckles are cute, but some people seem determined to get rid of them!

Queenpedauque or anyone else, how are you applying the green tea? I've been soaking cotton squares in tea and then letting it sit on my face for about 5-10 mins. I don't seem to have the patience for much longer than that. In fact this whole LED thing is right at the limit of my patience factor. Rolling Eyes
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi neondaze,
I get a little tired of all the maintenance time too.
I have never soaked the green tea on my face. At first, I just spread some green tea on my face and saw results. Then I switched to a green tea extract diluted and put that on That's what I use now. No lying around letting it soak in. Between the Lightstim and facial exercises, I am not going to spend anymore time on the regime. I want to look good but there are other things in life. And I am still seeing an acceleration of benefits. Remember I used the AALS for a steady 7 months w/o the tea so I have a good comparison.
hth
Kim aka queenpedauque
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Why Green Tea treatment at all? Steve himself doesn't do any treatment bfore LED, and he says it's perfectly fine.

The only pre-treatment I do is exfoliation, and so far, so good.
sarasara
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:

Queenpedauque or anyone else, how are you applying the green tea? I've been soaking cotton squares in tea and then letting it sit on my face for about 5-10 mins. I don't seem to have the patience for much longer than that. In fact this whole LED thing is right at the limit of my patience factor. Rolling Eyes

Errmmm... I do the same as EC413
I just steep teabags & use them as a sponge to my face. I tried putting them in the fridge for a couple of mins to cool them down more quickly & they just feel AWSOME!

Only... do you wash your face afterwards???
sarasara
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Also: a question about AALS

Do you also use it to tone up your skin?
I read (in this thread?) that one lady had an excellent result on her tummy...
and what about surgical scars? Do you think it could make them softer? I had a mysterious allergic reaction to the absorbable stitches and you have no idea of the mess Sad

Should the AALS help for this, do you think the green tea factor would enhance its effects?

Anyone has any experience with reference to these 2 specific issues?
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
queenpedauque wrote:
Hi neondaze,
I get a little tired of all the maintenance time too.
I have never soaked the green tea on my face. At first, I just spread some green tea on my face and saw results. Then I switched to a green tea extract diluted and put that on That's what I use now. No lying around letting it soak in. Between the Lightstim and facial exercises, I am not going to spend anymore time on the regime. I want to look good but there are other things in life. And I am still seeing an acceleration of benefits. Remember I used the AALS for a steady 7 months w/o the tea so I have a good comparison.
hth
Kim aka queenpedauque

Thanks queen p! (I really love your name btw)
I'm going to stop with the soaking business then too! Life is too short to be sitting around with bits of green tea on your face!
Amazing that putting a bit of green tea on your face is having such a difference. Great to hear that direct comparison between applying and not applying.

Ricayhermosa - check out the Green tea and LED light thread. Green tea seems to accelerate the effects of LEDs

Sarasara - not sure if it will work for scars. I've only had mine for a few days, so not the most knowledgable person. Dermarolling is good for scars, but make sure you read lots and get informed before giving it a try.
tigermimi

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everybody...I've been a member of the forum awhile now but haven't posted. Luv seeing all the things you do for your skin. I am in my 60's and recently had my skin go south! I started using the Clarisonic which I love and then started searching the Internet for products. I found EDS and am addicted. I have also been using the copper peptides for about 3 weeks now. I have had some improvement in my skin with the above additions to my routine. I ordered the AALS YESTERDAY and can't wait to start using it. I can only hope that I am one of the fortunate who responds quickly to it, however, I'm in for the long haul. I've already taken before pictures.....so wish me luck!
suntekgirl

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just joined after reading many, many posts over the past few days. What an informative group of people you have on here. Finally I can relate to people like myself that are fighting this aging process every day. Some people think I am crazy for all the things I have done to my face, but I am going to be 53, and I look pretty darn good - so I have been told.
Funny that my Botox doctor has never once mentioned to me about LED light therapy for firming my skin. I have spent quite a bit on so many laser treatments, it would be nice to try light therapy.
With the holiday season upon us, and all these Christmas lights on sale....Can I just buy a large strand of red LED Christmas lights and leave them on the plastic thing they come on, plug it in and start shining it on my face? Is there a difference in the lights that are costing $100+ compared to LED Christmas lights?
Any thoughts? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
suntekgirl wrote:
With the holiday season upon us, and all these Christmas lights on sale....Can I just buy a large strand of red LED Christmas lights and leave them on the plastic thing they come on, plug it in and start shining it on my face? Is there a difference in the lights that are costing $100+ compared to LED Christmas lights?
Any thoughts? Question

The only difference is that if anyone sees you with your face wrapped up in Christmas lights, they might call the men in white coats to come and take you away! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
Why Green Tea treatment at all? Steve himself doesn't do any treatment bfore LED, and he says it's perfectly fine.

The only pre-treatment I do is exfoliation, and so far, so good.

This is the thread that has the link to the study on Green Tea and LEDs. It's caused everyone to go completely gaga!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35494

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
suntekgirl wrote:
Any thoughts? Question

The only difference is that if anyone sees you with your face wrapped up in Christmas lights, they might call the men in white coats to come and take you away! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
suntekgirl

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
That was pretty funny. Laughing What I meant was, if you have the whole strand that comes in the box, and you just leave it wrapped around the plastic thing it comes on to keep it from getting tangled, but then you plug it into the wall and just sit there with it propped up on something. Would it be the same as one of those big light things I have been seeing - or are they totally different strengths? It was just a thought as I try to bargain shop for the best price on AALS or get something from the "LED Man" that Kassy referred to in an old post on here. You guys are now my mentors! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
You all are making me a skin care junkie big time because (of course, haha), I had to get some Copper Peptides and Vitamin C (from Skin Actives). So I'll go back and read the forums on what to use when, mix, etc. I know the rule of keeping C and CP's separate, so I'll use C in the mornings which is easier for me.

I love my AALS! Even though I have not been using it all that long, my skin looks good. I look a bit like my younger self. AALS has done more good than any face creams or serums I've used in the past, that's for sure. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

This is the thread that has the link to the study on Green Tea and LEDs. It's caused everyone to go completely gaga!

I'm aware of the study. I think Steve's reply has answered the question. In his opinion, green tea is NOT a must-have at all.
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
suntekgirl wrote:
That was pretty funny. Laughing What I meant was, if you have the whole strand that comes in the box, and you just leave it wrapped around the plastic thing it comes on to keep it from getting tangled, but then you plug it into the wall and just sit there with it propped up on something. Would it be the same as one of those big light things I have been seeing - or are they totally different strengths? It was just a thought as I try to bargain shop for the best price on AALS or get something from the "LED Man" that Kassy referred to in an old post on here. You guys are now my mentors! Very Happy

Hi,

As long as an LED has high quality diodes, the correct wavelength, enough output power and rays of light that converge at skin level, it will work.
The light you refer to almost certainly doesn’t fit these criteria.

IMO, your best bet would be the AALS. It's a first-class device.
In case you want something less expensive, a device from the Led Man would be a good alternative.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
I'm aware of the study. I think Steve's reply has answered the question. In his opinion, green tea is NOT a must-have at all.

Well, it's certainly a question that's open for debate. Rita from Prolight doesn't recommend using anything on the skin prior to treatment. Then we have others who recommend a wait time of 20 mins after applying topicals before commencing treatment, and some manufacturers just recommend using an HA serum (no wait time). Who knows what works best?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I thought I read that he was coming up with a green tea formula to use with the AALS. Has that changed now?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I'll like to check with all of you. At the base of the lightstim, there are 2 metallic sticks among the leds. Are they supposed to be bent?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I'll like to check with all of you. At the base of the lightstim, there are 2 metallic sticks among the leds. Are they supposed to be bent?

May you take a pic to illustrate it? Mine are flat.
tigermimi

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Yea...got the AALS yesterday. Started using it with the green tea treatment today. I'm taking the MSM and Vitamin C along with the Copper peptides. I'm also drinking the green smoothie. I'm considering the facial exercises and have a program I purchased called Yoga Facial Toning anybody ever used it? I'm thinking that I might like Loulou's better. Is this too much to start at once..I'm concerned that I won't know which thing is helping...any ideas? I luv all the information on this forum and look forward to talking with all of you. Thanks
Summer_time
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
tigermimi wrote:
Yea...got the AALS yesterday.

Me too! I used it last night with nothing on my skin...I was very worried because my skin gets soooo dry after washing (and I live in a very dry climate). I couldn't imagine even 30 minutes with nothing on my skin.

After my first treatment, I was surprised how smooth my face was. And that "I'm going to crack and flake off any minute" feeling was gone. I was also a bit worried about the heat...but it wasn't bad. Time will tell.

I took pictures today - A humbling experience Laughing
Summer_time
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

On mine, there are two metal pieces that look like electrical contacts. They are flat to the surface and don't look like they are supposed to be sticking up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Summer_time wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

On mine, there are two metal pieces that look like electrical contacts. They are flat to the surface and don't look like they are supposed to be sticking up.

I have no clue about what is "sticking up" in your LED... Confused If you can take a picture to post (as summer2004) suggested, that would be great.. In the mean time, compare it to the picture here;

http://store.lightstim.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=003

if it's different, just contact LS and see what they have to say.... Somewhere in this thread is a picture of my LED which should help you for comparison... Or PM me, and I'll send you a picture...

As for this;

Keliu wrote:
Who knows what works best?

I do, and have shared all about the 'why's' + 'how's' in these pages.... Very Happy (And all the 'masses' who have listened, are raving right along with me... Laughing )

And what it all comes down to is this;

- Less is more (The more chores you give your skin to do, the less time it has to get it right)

- Gadgets (Each one can only reach their full potential in a 24 hour period... Let them each do their thing, before upsetting the applecart with another)

- And last but not least, don't try to fit a round peg in a square hole.... Use things that are synergistic and complimentary to each other.. (Like what you say?... Easy, vitamin C day 1, botanicals/copper/peptides day 2.... Eazzy peazzy I tell ya.. Very Happy , and no "chelating" needed... Very Happy ).....

- Exfoliate (Depending on your age and skin woes this is very individual.. The older and crappier your skin is, the more you need to exfoliate.... A microfiber cloth will suffice for most, and can be supplemented (as needed) with products (i.e. acids + peels) Bottom line is this; the light won't penetrate through the *crud*... (Now how's that for a 'study'?)... Laughing

- And finally, the most important ingredient for a happy, glowing, healthy beautiful skin is this; Don't be a sour puss, and don't sweat the small stuff, but instead embrace all the lovely people and things in your life, that make you smile...... Because when all is said and done, it's the heart felt *thoughts* that make you smile when you're all alone, and that really make the skin glow... Very Happy

Peace + love to all ♥

ETA: Big huge disclaimer; these are all my thoughts and experience, and I don't have a gosh darned study to point ya'll to.. Embarassed (Perhaps someone will chime in to show me the error of my ways... Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

- And finally, the most important ingredient for a happy, glowing, healthy beautiful skin is this; Don't be a sour puss, and don't sweat the small stuff, but instead embrace all the lovely people and things in your life, that make you smile...... Because when all is said and done, it's the heart felt *thoughts* that make you smile when you're all alone, and that really make the skin glow... Very Happy

It is worth while being part of the EDS forums when our lovely Kassy shares her wisdom with us and you can't bottle it - bless you darling.

Philip

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |