Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
pal wrote:
Hey guys a another quick question, what area on the neck do you avoid? Is it where the adam apple would be?

Thanks again Smile

The thyroid is just about where the butterfly is, so it's best to avoid that general area; (You can find many charts with a google, but they all have the thyroid looking bigger, and more prominant than it is in reality, and it's always best to visualize on a *real* neck, dontcha think.. Laughing )

Laughing I wasnt expecting such a detailed, visual response. Fabulous Kassy.. that pic is a great idea, I just cant go wrong.
Gorgeous neck btw Smile
Many thanks!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, is that your neck? If it is, it looks like a 20 year old!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:

Guilty as charged.. Laughing Thankfully, it's looking heaps better these days, that was almost a year ago.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
GOOD NIGHT NURSE!!!!I'm lookin for a bag to go over my head and neck,boo whoooooooo. Kassy did you use the LED and serum to get that swan neck,I'm getting one from HO HO for Christmas,can't wait,but until the bag is looking better and better.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Your neck is fabulous Kassy! Smile Thanks for the heads up about the thyroid although I don't have mine, I probably should be a bit more careful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
What its look even better these days!!!
Kassy seriously you must look 18. Smile I am so following in your foot steps lovely lady!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
snowstar wrote:

Guilty as charged.. Laughing Thankfully, it's looking heaps better these days, that was almost a year ago.

As usual, i pmed you before coming to this thread. Is it possible that your neck can look heaps better than that? i'm 32 and the line are so much deeper...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
My skin is slightly red after using the AALS, is this normal? i do enjoy the heat from it.

A thought just popped into my head... will i get tanned from the AALS or perhaps darker?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
pal wrote:
Hey guys a another quick question, what area on the neck do you avoid? Is it where the adam apple would be?

Thanks again Smile

The thyroid is just about where the butterfly is, so it's best to avoid that general area; (You can find many charts with a google, but they all have the thyroid looking bigger, and more prominant than it is in reality, and it's always best to visualize on a *real* neck, dontcha think.. Laughing )

Laughing I wasnt expecting such a detailed, visual response. Fabulous Kassy.. that pic is a great idea, I just cant go wrong.
Gorgeous neck btw Smile
Many thanks!

Kassy - you are looking great, but I knew that anyway.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - your neck is fantastic!! Last I remember reading you were doing a green tea pre-treatment serum before the AAlightstim and some cupping. Is that still your routine or have you changed it?? I have been using the AAlightstim for almost 2 years and have now incorporated the green tea before the lightstim and my neck doesn't come near yours - what is your secret??? Thx DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Kassy - your neck is fantastic!! Last I remember reading you were doing a green tea pre-treatment serum before the AAlightstim and some cupping. Is that still your routine or have you changed it?? I have been using the AAlightstim for almost 2 years and have now incorporated the green tea before the lightstim and my neck doesn't come near yours - what is your secret??? Thx DiPhx

I alternate with nothing or the LED recipe I posted originally... Now and then I've used freshly brewed green tea, but don't find anything different with it.. I also tried CP's, and nothing much with that either... I've had the best luck with my own recipe to tell you the truth. (I've tried it all in these 25 months.. Laughing )

Talking about green tea, I was just in the middle of shooting an email to Nanci (NCN) about the new Green Tea LED Treatment Serum she's offering... I don't know how she missed it, but there's occlusive ingredients in it, and one of the preservatives does it's job by forming formaldehyde to kill bacteria.. Anyhoo, it's not compatible for LED use IMHO.

Here's reason enough not to use it with an LED (from my notes on one of the emulsifier ingredients) It's typically used in an oil/water formulation;) (Google some of the content, and a pdf with full info should come up in the search!)

Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate

Crosspolymers, when applied on the skin, provide quick release of the oil
phase due to the absence of a lamellar liquid crystal structure. This results in
the rapid formation of an occlusive layer
and consequently the desired feel of
the emollients is perceived quickly on the skin.

There's also silicone in it, which purpose is to act as an occlusive and impart that nice smooth feeling to the skin, which typically remains until washed off.. (I can recall past use of silicone containing creams/lotions, and when I went to rinse my face many hours after applying, I could feel the *slip* as soon as the water touched my skin..

People need to do their own research on ingredients they want to use, and not just take a manufacturers word that "it's just perfect for a particular treatment"... In this case Nanci has clearly missed the mark..

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!! (I love Nanci and have used many of her products, but this one is a pass for me.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy or somebody else in the know...could you please paste or inform me the page no of the orginal LED recipe you speak of and use. Dont mean to be a pain but I dont want to get the wrong one.
Many thanks Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one I use, but keep in mind I'm an old geezer, and my skin can take lots of exfoliation.. You (or anybody) can leave out the Alpha Hydroxy Acid, and it will still be good for LED use..

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Do you think glycerin is occlusive?

I would like to use Cellbone's Hyper Peptides serum as a pre-LED treatment serum.

Ingredients:

Water, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1 (SNAP-Cool, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Tripeptide (SYN®-AKE), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide & Terapeptide-3 (Matrixyl®-3000) Dimethyl Isosorbide, Butyleneglycol, Glycerin, Willow Bark Extract, Bilberry Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Cucumber Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Lycopene, Alpha Tocopherol, Menthol
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Summer, that looks like a really nice serum... (I would definitely buy that one myself.. Love Cellbone! Just not so crazy about their yellow C serum that's intentional.. Sad ) I don't see any silicones or oils, but a few of the ingredients I'm not familiar with..

The best thing is to do a "google"... That's what I always do.

I don't believe glycerin is occlusive... Just greasy and sticky when too much is used.. Laughing

summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thank You so much!!!

I did use google to find info of glycerin; all I know is that it is a water soluble liquid.

I will buy one bottle to see if it can lessen the lines due to my sagging skin.

Good week-end!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

3oz distilled water

Thank you Kassy. This sounds like a lovely serum to use on a daily basis as well. My skin reacts well with marine skincare (phytomer, not CDLM Razz Razz) and I've always wanted to try HA to help hydrate the skin =)

Is the Alpha Hydroxy Souffle a generic name or the name of AHA from a specific brand? I went to our local pharmacy and dug around and didn't see anything with "Souffle" on it. I keep seeing a face cream as light as the dessert when i see the words.

Once I have some coins in my skincare piggybank, will definitely order a batch of ingredients from USA and make them!

* Kassy, I love your earlier post reminding us to stay cool and not sweat the small stuff =)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

3oz distilled water

Thanks for your super quick response Kassy! Smile
I have most of those ingredients now so I will make it up for tomorrows session.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the AALS for 4 days and everything Kassy told us to look out for was on the mark.

Day 1 : After using the AALS on just ONE spot, i got a shock at how much smoother and softer my skin was. The rest of my face was still like sandpaper but that one lone spot was significantly better. (been battling dehydrated, blackhead skin lately so the effect was v v v v obvious for me)

I also felt extremely thirsty throughout the treatment and drank 3 to 4 glasses of water. The urge to drink due to thirst was amazing. I'm one of those girls that have to count my water intake as I can go for 3/4 of a day without liquid. So this is huge blessing for me.

Day 2 and Day 3 : I did not notice any further effects. My skin was still soft.

Day 4 : Immediately after the treatment, I *think* my cheek pores are smaller. Now i really don't know if this is my imagination or reality but i do think they are smaller..

Crossing my fingers that I will get a baby's butt skin one day!

ETA : will be get darken or tanned from the AALS light? my skin was slightly red after Day 4.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to add that Kassy's advice to drink lots of water is a must.

I asked my SO to test out the AALS for Night 2 and he happily ignored my advice to drink water. He got a headache the very next morning Bad Grin

Just found this out last night as I was writing up notes for myself and he saw them and had a "a-ha, no wonder i got a headache the next morning" moment.

LoL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, how can we work out which ingredients are occlusive and which aren't? Some, like water based products are pretty easy to work out but others aren't. Any hints? TIA Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:

ETA : will be get darken or tanned from the AALS light? my skin was slightly red after Day 4.

The AALS should lighten your skin. It shouldn't darken skin, as it is removing excess melanin from the skin to erase freckling, spotting, discoloration, etc.

I too sometimes become red after using the LightStim. With a combination of the slight heat, and the fact that the LED's are stimulating processes in your skin and increasing circulation, that is most likely why it turns red, atleast I think!?

Glad you are seeing results. They will only get better. Once you notice your skin getting softer, you'll also notice the color changing and becoming more uniform and youthful.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy - thx so mucch for your 'secrets" and
your response. Will keep on with the green tea and the LED (also TV which is helping other areas). Maybe on the non TV nights will try the
Japanese massages - sure can't hurt. Also
thx for the warning on Nanci's green tea serum - she does have some good stuff but maybe that serum needs to be perfected a little more.
DiPhx

5% products discount

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just whipped up my second batch of Kassy's green tea serum today. I actually have been doing half batches at a time. It's great--I follow the recipe ats written, no substitutions. After washing my face I use a strongly brewed green & white tea combo to mist my face a few times. When dry, I apply the serum and wait 30-45 minutes till I do my AALS treatment. It's been a year since I got my unit and I have been using it 3-5 times a week. I believe my pigmentation (mottling on cheeks) has greatly reduced, much of that improvement since I started with the green tea. My horizontal neck lines are somewhat better. However, at 41, mine are much worse that Kassy's non-existent ones. But I will keep pluggin' away...I know there are more improvements to come if I do!

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! I've been using the AALS for a little over a week now and the results are amazing. I use the green tea before the treatments with the Copper Peptides after. I'm using the clarisonic to clean which seems to help with large pores. I've noticed that the "sun spots" on my hands are fading faster than the ones on my face but I know they were smaller and may have not been as dark to begin with. I also use a diamond micro dermabrasion machine. I am so pleased with my results so far and hope that they continue. I would have NEVER tried all of this without the posts in the forum....THANK YOU! I'm not ready to post pictures yet..but with continued improvement maybe!!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |