Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

thank you for posting the promotion code. I am planning to buy it for my mom as a New Year present, so it will be quite handy.

Thanks.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Did I see earlier in this thread that we get a 10% discount as well? For a grand total of 20% on the LightStim purchase?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
smittydog wrote:
Did I see earlier in this thread that we get a 10% discount as well? For a grand total of 20% on the LightStim purchase?

10% EDS member discount is the only one I've heard of...

I did get an email for a multiple light purchase, and here's what it says;

As a gift from us to you we will be extending the Show Special through the end of the month.

Two Lights: $225 each
Three or more Lights: $200 each

I would imagine the 10% EDS discout would be in addition to the above, but I'm not sure..

I'm so glad to see (and hear) so many of you are enjoying the same great result I experienced... I wish you all continued success... Very Happy Also, for anyone who is experiencing less than stellar results, please post your comments as well... I've given every tip I can think of, as well as what I've done, (or not), so I won't bore anyone rehashing that, but I'm sure other's would be happy to chime in with their tips as well..

While I'm at it, I'd like to wish everybody a "merry", "happy", "healthy" and "beautiful" holiday season.

♥ + peace to all..... K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
smittydog
5% products discount

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I've found one on ebay for $225 slightly used, little hesitant because there goes the 90 day trial. But I think I'm going for it. This thread has so many positive results I don't think I will be sorry.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
smittydog wrote:
Kassy, I've found one on ebay for $225 slightly used, little hesitant because there goes the 90 day trial. But I think I'm going for it. This thread has so many positive results I don't think I will be sorry.

Jeez Smitty, being it's *used* and comes with no warranty, I'd see if you can get it for less...

Chances are good that you will be happy, but you don't have a guarantee with ebay... Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard many (or any) who have needed (to use) a warranty so you would 'probably' be safe but what if it's a lemon? I'd make certain - in writing - with the seller that the product is good to go. Dang - what happens if it shows up at the door and doesn't even turn on?

5% products discount

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Too late for me...it's mine now!I'll keep my fingers crossed that all is good. She said it was slightly used. She used it to get rid of discoloration due to sun & doesn't use it anymore.Your points are well taken AND I hope don't apply. Most of all I would hate the hassle involved in making in right. Embarassed
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Smitty,I saw that LightStim for sale on Ebay!

Although last time I checked it was $275 I believe, so she must have came down in price!

Hopefully everything is okay with it! Share with us when you receive it! Will it make it to you by Xmas? That'd be a wonderful gift, lol.
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yay it's here!

I wish I had a better camera but I only have a camera on my phone. I will take pics anyway before I start.

I'll start this evening and update results. I am less busy in the winter so I want to use it as much as I can before spring. My goal is a minimum of 5 days a week to start, then hopefully I can back off to maintanence when my schedule picks up in the spring.

-Sul
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm writing this to document where I began. I am not very good at keeping track of stuff like this so if I do it here I will be able to find it easily instead of written on a piece of paper or calendar that I lose which is what I normally do.

I just took pics in the bathroom after dark so no natural light ( this way I can duplicate it)the pics are immediately after OCM and I am a little dehydrated so you can really see the texture that I hate. The last pic is what the skin on my cheeks look like when I smile.
I will admit that today is a bad skin day. I have broken out recently ( after doing the Tanaka massage for 3 days) and I was outside skiing all day over the weekend. I also just turned the heat on I have radiators and the air is extremely dry.

I have mottled sun damaged dry skin.My forehead has a weird texture its just not smooth! I have lines over my cheek bones at the top smile lines I think they are called.

I'm going to be using the AALS with plain green tea before hand. Eventually I will order some more stuff to make the serum that is on the other thread.

BTW I am not going to post the pics just yet. I just wanted to have documented the circumstances that I am starting with.

Thanks again everyone who has contributed to this thread..........here goes Smile

-Sul
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thought some of you may find this interesting. Osmosis has said they have come out with a LED. When I checked Jmilan's site, guess which LED "osmosis" has come out with? The Lightstim!!
shooaddict

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone this is my first post. I've been on here reading about the Lightstim for HOURS! I think I've found the product for me Smile

I have a question. I use spray tan on my face every night before I go to bed. Will that interfere with how the Lightstim works? Also, I'm in Australia - what serum should I use before and where should I get it?

One more question - where can I buy copper peptides? I've heard great things about it.

Thanks everyone
D
x
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Does the Anti Aging Light Stem help with skin tightening? And what is the website for purchase?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi shooaddict, you can't have anything on your skin that is occlusive. My routine is wash my face and exfoliate because even old icky skin cells will block the light from working properly. Sometimes I use a microfiber cleansing cloth for gentle exfoliation or AHA's, scrubs. etc.

Some nights I don't use a preserum (see the green tea & light thread for more info). Then once you are done with your treatment, then you can use your spray tan, etc.

As for copper peptides, I'm not using them really. Some say it works, some don't. Do a forum search about CP's for more info. Right now I am happy with using Vitamin C and regular night cream. Everyone's different though, you just need to find what works best for you.

Hi KayS, you can buy the AALS at http://store.lightstim.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
'Shoeaddict'... It's not the LED that will affect an artificial tan per se, but the exfoliation required to get the most out of your treatments will. In any event you would probably be alright if you 1) cleanse and exfoliate, 2) use your LED + 3) apply your tanner last. (You will probably want to use the tanner a little more often because the exfoliation will affect your tan intensity.)

'Kay'... It does help with skin tightening, and this will be very individual and is based on exactly how much *new* collagen you are able to produce... At the very least you are looking at about 2 skin cycles (12ish weeks), for enough new collagen to be produced, to make the changes very apparent. (Ex; If you have fine lines, they will plump up and fill in!)

This is a generalization, some will realize quicker and better results than others... And some might be disappointed altogether... We all know that it's simply an 'at home' device and not a magic wand.. Laughing ... BUT, if a little time is devoted to your pre + post treatment regime with the tips throughout these pages, you will no doubt see a HUGE overall improvement in your skin.

Having realistic goals, keeping in mind the time and commitment it takes, will result in the best experience IMHO. It's a *tool* for the long haul, with cumulative results.

KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well since yesterday was my birthday, Dec 27th I just gifted myself by ordering a Light Stim. I will keep you posted!
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys...I'm a newbie, so forgive me if this question has already been answered. I have a .5 dermaroller. Can you use that in some sort of rotation with the AALS?

5% products discount

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
LS finally arrived after snow storm! Kassy, I hate to ask this question, but I've searched & can't find it posted. Don't you have a DIY serum for preptreatment thats work well? Also, do you do 8 or 10 treatments to the face? I've been experimenting w/ searching topics I've read and want to reread & hmmmmm I'm thinking I need to take a class or something. BTW, this is the one from ebay. She sent or original receipt w/ it. It's like brand new! yeh!!! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Smittydog, I think if you skim through this thread (especially the last 20 pages) you'll learn all you need to know to get the best out of your LED.

Pre treatment serums aren't a necessity, but they are nice if you keep it simple and water based. Some folks are just using freshly brewed green and/or white tea, and it's working out well for the majority. If in doubt it's better to use nothing, rather that use something that will occlude the light.

The recipe I made up is in the DIY forum section I think, and also on the 1st pg of a Green Tea/Led thread.. (Sorry, I don't have time to track it down for you now, but if you look at the DIY skincare forum, you should see them.)

Don't forget to exfoliate with the microfiber cloth..

Not quite sure what you meant when you asked; "do you do 8 or 10 treatments to your face?" The treatments are ongoing.. You should try to use it 4 or 5 times a week for the first 6 weeks, and then see where you are and adjust accordingly.. Everybody responds differently, so of course their regime should be *tweaked* according to that.

Hope that helps!

smittydog
5% products discount

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply & good info! By 8- 10 treatments I mean areas of the face. I think I'm "hyper-focusing" on getting E-V-E-R-Y area of my face & the glow from around the light probably makes it overlap. I guess my question is, do I need to be so crazy about coverage? Question

5% products discount

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
and...microfiber cloth, I know I can order it from NCN but are they typically sold in dept stores or say Origins that you know of? I'd just like to pick one up rather than wait for shipping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has brokent out a little bit after first starting the AALS. I have used it twice now and my face has just a few breakouts on my forehead and chin and underneath one eye, nothing big or alarming just wondering if this is something else someone just starting may have experienced. Question
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend that starting breaking out when using it but she was also having some breakouts since starting progesterone. Also she might have been using the LightStim for more than the three min. per site....I think she let it rest a couple of days and went back to the 3min. time frame and did well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I am leaving it on one minute longer than I should. I have been counting it this way, if it is 5:00 then I leave it on the spot until it turns 5:04, then I feel it has been on three full minutes. I plan on using it 5days a week for the first few months and than maybe three times a week depending on how it goes. I do put a serum on my face called Pure Silk it is made to be used with light therapy, they sell it on the Quasar site.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
Maybe I am leaving it on one minute longer than I should. I have been counting it this way, if it is 5:00 then I leave it on the spot until it turns 5:04, then I feel it has been on three full minutes. I plan on using it 5days a week for the first few months and than maybe three times a week depending on how it goes. I do put a serum on my face called Pure Silk it is made to be used with light therapy, they sell it on the Quasar site.

ingredients for Baby Quasar Pure SilkPurified Water, Yeast Extract (Phyto Hyaluronic Acid), Glycerine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silk Amino Acid, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, PEG -40 Castor Oil, Dmdm Hydantoin, Lactic Acid, Ubiquinone (Co-Enzyme Q10), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

My guess is the breakout might be from this product.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |