Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
P.S. Someone got chewed out for posting this link in the lounge. Are the rules different there?

The reason for that was because the person who posted that link was using a referral link where that person would get $10 for every person that signed up and made a purchase. So they were making money off that link.

The direct link to become a member without any referral link or without someone else making money on it is:

http://www.hautelook.com/
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mars I do think the amber lights make a big difference and the Lightstim is a great light....excellent results. Wink

5% products discount

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have been reading the message boards for a while and I have learned so much and thank everyone for sharing such a wealth of information. I would also like to thank the member who posted the deal at HauteLook. I don't see anything at all wrong with her or him getting the $10 referral gift! It's not $10 out of my pocket, so why should I care if they get it?! I would have never known about the deal without them, and thanks to their posting the deal, I was able to save over a $100 bucks. As a matter of fact, I hope they got lots of bucks so they can get something nice for themselves! Thank you for the link!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Gumdropday,
Congratulations on your purchase...that was the best deal ever!!!You will love the Lightstim...let us know about your results.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby! I am very excited and it had been on my "wish list" after reading all 61(at that time) pages of this thread! So, I just couldn't pass this deal up! Now I am just trying to figure out the best green tea approach! There are so many ideas out there. I would like to keep it as simple as possible. I have read so much, it's all muddled in my mind now. Can you tell me what the consensus is at this time as to the best way of approaching the green tea before the LED?
gumdropday
5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I seem to have a problem with my posts posting twice. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Has anyone else had this issue? I am new to posting, but I am only hitting the submit button once.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Bummer, missed out on the Hautelook deal.. oh well, I signed up so hopefully they will go on sale again!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one too! Long time light stim lurker here as well. $250 with shipping and tax.
Skindeep, they will go on again! I don't follow the haute look sales closely but I've seen it on two times already. Probably in a few months.

gumdrop, we got the Plum serum as well. Nice but I'm not too familiar with it.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Calalilly,
Yes, I noticed we got the serum too! I was wondering about the green tea issue. I have also been reading about doing lotion masks, and was thinking the Thayers Rose Toner would work and if I added green tea extract to it, I could kill two birds with one stone!

I can't wait to get the LightStim in!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I missed the hautelook deal, too. PHOOEY!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I don't post often but I love EDS!

I caved at this HauteLook offer as well.

My story: 42, long term retin a user and sunscreen freak. I have fine lines in the crows feet area and under my eyes, and a slightly crepey under eye look, but it's not that bad considering my age.

AALS users, can you tell me if I can expect improvement in the lower and crows feet eye area? I'm very hopeful!

Apologies, I'm sure that this info is in the thread somewhere, but I'm only on page 33 of reading!

- Thanks so much! Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can realistically expect help with that area.....I think the green tea protocol ramps things up a notch.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Toby for your quick reply!

I plan to take before pictures, and will post both before/ afters if I have anything to report in a few months Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Thanks so much Toby for your quick reply!

I plan to take before pictures, and will post both before/ afters if I have anything to report in a few months Smile

I am excited for you because the Lightstim really is an excellent investment that should cover numerous skin issues throughout the years. You will love it and feel that you are taking positive steps to regaining your youthful appearance. I notice a real glow,softening of fine lines, as well as a nice plumping of the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Somewhere in cyber space I posted a green/white tea spritz/toner, was it here at EDS? If not, let me know and I'll post the recipe later (or tomorrow)...

LED treatments are only as good as the protocol you use with it;

IMHO, of course!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Somewhere in cyber space I posted a green/white tea spritz/toner, was it here at EDS? If not, let me know and I'll post the recipe later (or tomorrow)...

IMHO, of course!

Oh goody! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

IMHO, of course!

Oh goody! Very Happy

I'll be darned, but I just don't know where the he!! it's posted...Not a problem though, because I made up a new batch a few days ago, and I'm liking this (bit different recipe) better... This is perfect for not only LED treatments, but for 'spritzing' throughout the day as well. (We need all the help we can get fending off the free radicals produced by UV exposure, and this 'spritz' will do that.) In fact I'm liking it so much that I have switched my vitamin C use to beddy-bye time, so I can enjoy this during the day.

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract ( http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-be-u-TEA-licious-organic-White-Tea-extract-Green-Coffee-Berry-Peach ) A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein ( http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=994 )This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks
-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels nice + absorbs quickly. You can follow it up with moisturizer (if needed) and makeup... Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for posting the spritz recipe!

I am moving shortly and won't have time to do much DIY for a couple of months, I was thinking of using this as a pre LED treatment, can you tell me if the ingredients look ok?

It's Dr. Brandt's anti-oxidant water booster:

WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, GREEN TEA LEAF EXTRACT, (CAMELLIA SINENSIS), MOMORDICA, FRUIT EXTRACT, WHITE TEA LEAF, EXTRACT (CAMELLIA SINENSIS), LOTUS, LEAF EXTRACT (NELUMBO NUCIFERA), NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR, GRAPE SEED, EXTRACT (VITISVINIFERA), PRESERVATIVE: POTASSIUM SORBATE

Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Kassy, thanks for posting the spritz recipe!

I am moving shortly and won't have time to do much DIY for a couple of months, I was thinking of using this as a pre LED treatment, can you tell me if the ingredients look ok?

It's Dr. Brandt's anti-oxidant water booster:

WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, GREEN TEA LEAF EXTRACT, (CAMELLIA SINENSIS), MOMORDICA, FRUIT EXTRACT, WHITE TEA LEAF, EXTRACT (CAMELLIA SINENSIS), LOTUS, LEAF EXTRACT (NELUMBO NUCIFERA), NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR, GRAPE SEED, EXTRACT (VITISVINIFERA), PRESERVATIVE: POTASSIUM SORBATE

Thank you!

That looks great to me! The grapeseed extract is a definite plus too.

snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy! Now just waiting impatiently for the UPS man Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
***Bumping this for 'snowymtn' and others who are new to LED treatments*** (More in depth helpful hints are throughout the thread, but these are the important points.)***

I would also just like to mention that for those concerned with fine lines and not too deep wrinkles, you need to really give it a couple of skin cycles to fill them in... (It's the new collagen you will be generating that will help *fill* those lines and wrinkles.) Also keep in mind that the dreaded aging process marches on, so be realistic in your expectations. As Toby mentioned above, a green (and white also) tea lotion or serum will intensify the results. Just keep your tea product use separate from your vitamin C product use.. (Ex; Vit C in a.m., green tea + CP's for p.m.

Good luck with your new LED venture. It's a great gadget that will reward you with a 50% (or more) better skin than you are looking at now. Also keep in mind that your result will be a direct reflection of your entire regime, and how you prepare your skin to get the most out of your LED. It's not a magic wand "on it's own", but it does work magic when used with the tips and suggestions I provided throughout this thread. (I've been using mine for 2 years and 7 months, and trust me when I tell you, I know how to get the best out of any *quality* LED.)

Kassy_A wrote:
txgirl wrote:
I am so excited I just got my LightStim!! I was kind of expecting a box with a more detailed instruction booklet, but that's ok because I have this site Smile Now the problem is to find the time to do all of me, lol!

Just worry about finding the time for your face and neck for now... Very Happy

I received mine too and thought the postcard was really brief as well. (Even briefer than what I got with my other purchases.. Shock )

Have you read through this thread a bit to see the tips that have worked for myself and others? Even going through the last several pages would be a good help.

If you have questions or concerns just ask away and someone will surely help you, (myself included.)

Good steps to keep in mind;

- Before pictures that can be easily duplicated in a room with artificial light only
- Feel your skin before and after
- Have a glass of water before and after
- Clean + exfoliate skin. Microfiber or washcloth even will suffice.
- Use on bare skin or with a non occlusive water based serum. Allow to fully absorb.
- If you want to use something and aren't sure if it contains occlusive ingredients, then I'd advise to apply it, let it penetrate for an hour, then remove the last traces that remain on your skin with a hot, damp washcloth before treatment.
- Consistency and full 3 minutes per area are the best advice I can give for the first 6 weeks. (Ex. 5 times per week.)
- Follow your treatments with a nourishing, collagen building skin care product.
- I'm finding (when I have time) that any facial massaging following the treatment intensifies the nice healthy look and glow.

I'm very big on both circulation and good deep breathing techniques, and when I have the time to add this in conjunction with my LED treatment, the results have been better. Whatever we can do to bring that beneficial oxygen rich blood to all of our cells, is always a very good thing.

Hope that helps!

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I posted on another thread how much I loved the new LED Lotion. I just have one question. Do you think using the LighStim every other day is too much? I have been doing this for the last four months. I followed your protocol of using the LightStim five days a week for over two months. My skin looked great when I was doing that. Of course, the LightStim company says that you can use it every day. Please let me know what you think.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Kassy, I posted on another thread how much I loved the new LED Lotion. I just have one question. Do you think using the LighStim every other day is too much? I have been doing this for the last four months. I followed your protocol of using the LightStim five days a week for over two months. My skin looked great when I was doing that. Of course, the LightStim company says that you can use it every day. Please let me know what you think.

I think the best advice I could give you regarding how often to do a treatment, is to let *your* skin guide you. As with everything else we all do or try, nothing is cookie cutter across the board. What works best for me might be dreadful for you and vice versa.

I know that LightStim says it's fine to use every day, but personally I don't agree with that (exactly)... I think it's good to be aggressive with treatments for one entire skin cycle (4 to 6 weeks), and then when you see a good response cut down to every other day. My reasoning for this, and why it makes sense to me is simple; the LED treatments stimulate the ATP cells to increase collagen synthesis, once those cells are activated, I believe it's best to not interrupt that process. In effect it's quite akin to an inflammatory process, and that needs to go it's full course (48ish hours), to not interrupt the 4 stages that result in new *healthy* collagen being layed down. It's for this very reason that I never use any gadget more than once every 2 or 3 days, especially if it's one designed to manipulate cells in any way. (Granted, it does not cause an acute injury, but the collagen building dynamics are the same regardless.)

I've had great results (that continue till this day) albeit a bit slower Rolling Eyes, so I'm simply sharing with you the what's + why's of how I feel about it. You won't see a laundry list of gadgets in my signature, and it's simply because my less is best routine is what has worked.

I'm glad you are liking the new LED lotion... Very Happy

neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I want to use my lightstim along with a form of Vit A.
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the Vit A stays in the skin for. Or how long to wait after applying Vit A should I wait before using the Lightstim.
I'm assuming that 12 hours is long enough, but just want to check.

Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
I want to use my lightstim along with a form of Vit A.
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the Vit A stays in the skin for. Or how long to wait after applying Vit A should I wait before using the Lightstim.
I'm assuming that 12 hours is long enough, but just want to check.

Thanks!

The light and heat from an LED will degrade both vitamin A + C, unless they have fully penetrated the epidermis prior to your treatment. I don't use it with vitamin A, but when I've used it with C I would wait a minimum of 30 to 60 minutes (and hoped that it was sufficient). (For 'A' I'd want to wait a couple of hours to be sure.)

Have you considered using your vitamin A product immediately following your treatment?

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |