Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
That was quick!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Just a little over 7 hours from now according to the site..seems to end at 0800 5/19/10 mountain time US.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I caved and bought one. Woohoo! Can't wait to get it.

5% products discount

Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Anyone around who bought his/her AALS in Europe ? I have seen it on allergymatters but it seems to be a different model ...
Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have used AALS, DPL and Lightstim and with full confidence can say that DPL beats them all.

AALS and Lightstim both were a complete waste of money for me. Sad
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
AALS and LightStim are one and the same. Unless you are referring to the Acne or Rosacea LightStim.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
AALS and LightStim are one and the same. Unless you are referring to the Acne or Rosacea LightStim.

Yes, right, I meant AALS and ProLight. Sorry.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just received my LightStim from the HauteLook sale. The one I purchased last year says made in the USA on top of it. I am wondering why they did not print made in the USA on the newer models. Companies are usually proud to display this fact. The website still says they are made in the USA. I hope so. Also, the older one feels heavier than the newer one. I just emailed LightStim to ask them about this. I also noticed that the lights on the newer model are more recessed than the older one. It has a different feel when you press it to your face because of this.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure Steve from Lightstim said somewhere that the new AALS models have a thicker white surround (therefore more recessed bulbs) to stop the light leaking as much and concentrate it more.

"..So, you can (but do not have to) hold it 1/4 inch away from the targeted area for 1. 2, the new design barely lets any light bleed out from it because the rim is lower and covers the LEDs more than the design that was being sold about 9 months ago."
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=532541&highlight=lightstim+steve#532541

Not sure why it wouldn't say "Made In The USA" on it any more, though!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ljk. That makes a lot of sense. I will let you know about where the light is manufactured when I get a response from LightStim.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I got my second light from the Haute sale too! I'm liking the treatments thus far... I have done it at least 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks. My face seems more even in tone. I went to the store today with only blush on no tinted moisturizer. I'm doing it on my chest too and that is where I'm hoping to see the most change but too soon to see yet.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I received a reply from LightStim yesterday. The lights are still made in the USA. They also said the mold covers a bit more of the LEDS in order to give more eye protection.
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

There is one for sale on ebay now starting at £100 if anyone is interested?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Has anyone used LED on a very fresh scar? I had an accident one week ago that resulted in a pretty bad forehead laceration. 17 stitches. I get my stitches out tommorrow. The scar is big and ugly. I know it will take time to fade/heal. Do you think LED will help at this point? Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if surgery scars are a fair comparison but I used the Anti-Aging Lightstim as soon as I got home (even when still quite scabby) at my ears/neck.

One side healed nicely, the other had a hypertrophic scar, which ached a lot as it appeared. (I'd also apply Neosporin every night).

It may well be just bad luck that I got one though. It drives me mad, I can't tie my hair back and it feels like a large "vein" under my skin.

Wondering if I should try Efudix/Efudex on the scar as I've read it's good for them. It's about 6 months old. Ouchie.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, wow, ljk, I certainly hope you can find something that will help you.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used EVIS MD Red Light? The price is more affordable than the AALS. I don't see any threads or posts here.
TokyoRose
5% products discount

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi, it's me, TokyoRose, the gal who made her own [very primitive] LED light array. Disappeared temporarily while to decide whether or not it's been doing anything. At first I thought not. But it's been 2 months now, and I have to say my skin is actually looking better -- more even in tone. Not a huge change, but a change nonetheless. I was debating buying a commercial model like the AALS, since the results seem more dramatic; but now I think I'll give it a couple more months.

Onward ho... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Can the LightStim help to shrink enlarged pores? I've noticed that my pores have increased in size in the past few weeks. I don't have oily skin which many sources say contributes to enlarged pores. Do pores enlarge due to just getting older? Is it a problem that can be solved? I only use Vitamin C, Retin A 0.025% and a few oils on my skin. Thanks for any advice.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have used AALS, DPL and Lightstim and with full confidence can say that DPL beats them all.

AALS and Lightstim both were a complete waste of money for me. Sad

Hi, excuse me but what does DPL stand for? If I google with DPL I only get different agencies that have nothing to do with light treatments for skin. TIA.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Deep Penetrating Light

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thank you SkinDeep!!!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, Can the LightStim help to shrink enlarged pores? I've noticed that my pores have increased in size in the past few weeks. I don't have oily skin which many sources say contributes to enlarged pores. Do pores enlarge due to just getting older? Is it a problem that can be solved? I only use Vitamin C, Retin A 0.025% and a few oils on my skin. Thanks for any advice.

The AALS does help me with enlarged pores. I have been using Lightstim for close to a year now and my skin is really smooth. I'm assuming my pores became smaller cause I dont really see any enlarged pores now. I can't rem how my skin was previously, except that it was very dull. Now it looks so much healthier.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

The lightstim does improve the skin many ways, plumping is first and foremost. I have noticed my pores somewhat smaller but recently I have tried a product with EGF and my pores have gone to nothing and my skin is like silk. The product I tried is Carole Maggio's EGF serum. I have tried EGF from skinactives and had it no effect at all.I am totally amazed at what my skin looks like now. Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
What made you decide to try the EGF serum? I did try the SAS, but someone else was telling me about another cream to try which contains EGF.
Toby wrote:
The lightstim does improve the skin many ways, plumping is first and foremost. I have noticed my pores somewhat smaller but recently I have tried a product with EGF and my pores have gone to nothing and my skin is like silk. The product I tried is Carole Maggio's EGF serum. I have tried EGF from skinactives and had it no effect at all.I am totally amazed at what my skin looks like now. Dancing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |