Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
flipper wrote:
Russian Sunshine,

Thank you for your response. I guess I will now have to decide between DPL and AALS. I am leaning towards AALS for convenience. Does anyone know if the lights are the same for these two?

flipper, DPL manufactures came up with the handheld LED device as well. Check it out on Nanci's site:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/new-items/dpl®-nuve-system-free-shipping-in-the-usa.html
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

I have just started using OCM & love it.

I know that oil is occlusive and one advice you offered to us was not to use any occlusive topical ingredient prior to LED lighting treatment.

My question is if a 5-minute cleansing with oil is a bad idea.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Kassy,

I have just started using OCM & love it.

I know that oil is occlusive and one advice you offered to us was not to use any occlusive topical ingredient prior to LED lighting treatment.

My question is if a 5-minute cleansing with oil is a bad idea.

I love OCM also, but I do avoid it on a night I plan to use the LED.

Oil will definitely occlude the light, so if you must use the OCM prior, just be sure to remove every last trace of oil. LED's take way to much of an investment in time, to take the chance we'd be wasting it..

An easy DIY toner that will help in that regard is 1oz of apple cider vinegar, mixed into 7oz of distilled water. I do this up in an 8oz spritz bottle and keep it in the fridge.. Just spritz on and wipe off with a cotton ball. Repeat till all traces of oil are gone.

Hope that helps a bit Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm still not understanding how oil can be occlusive to light - but, of course, I know it's occlusive to water. However, if oil is occlusive to light, how come as a teenager I managed to toast my skin in the sun by slathering on coconut oil and baking myself to a turn. If oil was occlusive to light, wouldn't the oil have acted as a sunscreen? Suntan oil doesn't deflect the sun's rays it heightens them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Sure, your advice helps...as always Very Happy

I always wanted to make a DIY apple cider vinegar and now your advice triggers my DIY spree again!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu, I wonder the same thing. If the LEDs can penetrate the skin layers then, why would oil be able to stop it. I do follow Kassy's tips for using the light. Because, If I'm going to hold a light to my face three days a week, I don't want to do anything to affect it's ability to do it's job.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
The "oil occlusion" subject is pretty hard to figure out. The way I understand it after years of researching every aspect of LED's, is that oils, silicones and the like, will cause the *light* to be deflected, rather than allow it to be absorbed into the skin. Essentially, they form a barrier on the skin.

Here's more food for thought. In every single instruction manual or Drs office protocol I've read regarding LED treatments, the common denominators are these;

1. Cleanse the skin with oil free cleanser
2. Exfoliate the dead skin cells off
3. Apply peptides and/or collagen stimulating actives, that are in a water based serum.
4. After treatment, heavier beneficial serums or creams may be applied.

I also fried myself to a sizzle with baby oil mixed with iodine for all my young and foolish years much like Keliu did Embarassed Bad Grin ... The oil acted the same way on us as it does in a frying pan... Cooks the outside skin to a golden brown, leaving the inside soft and juicy. My point I guess is that the oil indeed deflects the light on the surface, rather than allowing it to penetrate.

We all need to keep in mind that the way the LED works, is for the light to penetrate to the deep dermis, where it stimulates the cells + mitochondria, to produce more ATP, which results in increased collagen. It's a really wonderful process, and it works exactly as the studies say. But, the studied protocols need to be followed for results to be realized. I am living proof that they work, and honestly quite surprised myself, considering I do everything else in my life wrong Embarassed . When I told you all a long time ago I don't use a stitch of makeup I wasn't kidding you. My skin looks nicer now than it did when I was half this age.

Anyhoo, after all the money I spent on my LED's, I'm sticking with the tried and true that works perfectly for me. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Parsnip
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I am loving your Cell Stem Serum before the LED, I do feel like I am giving my wrinkles the 'one-two punch'! Thank you!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I know I remember reading this issue before but cant seem to find it now. I just started using the lightstim and the LED's leave impressions my face. I don't use pressure, I just rest it on my face. Does this eventually go away?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Parsnip wrote:
Kassy, I am loving your Cell Stem Serum before the LED, I do feel like I am giving my wrinkles the 'one-two punch'! Thank you!

I'm loving the 'CSS' to (if I do say so myself Laughing ) In fact, it's all I use anymore, other than C serum and a bit of oil now and then.

Glad it's working out for you too! Very Happy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I know I remember reading this issue before but cant seem to find it now. I just started using the lightstim and the LED's leave impressions my face. I don't use pressure, I just rest it on my face. Does this eventually go away?

Yep, I had the dents big time when I first started treatments.

What I've noticed with continued use is this; when I'm retaining fluid, or have had quite a lot of salty goodies, I get the *dents* after a treatment, and they last about an hour.

On the other hand, this happens less and less as time goes by, simply because the LED treatments increase lymphatic drainage, so less tissue fluid, results in less dents.

It's nothing to worry about, so just enjoy your treatments. No need to press the device hard against the skin. Just resting it gently will suffice.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can I safely assume I've answered the "oil occlusion" query satisfactorily?

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Yep, I had the dents big time when I first started treatments.

What I've noticed with continued use is this; when I'm retaining fluid, or have had quite a lot of salty goodies, I get the *dents* after a treatment, and they last about an hour.

On the other hand, this happens less and less as time goes by, simply because the LED treatments increase lymphatic drainage, so less tissue fluid, results in less dents.

Thanks Kassy. Yes they do last about an hour or so after. I also notice my nose runs when I use it on each side of nose/cheek area.

Well I'm glad it does get better as time goes on. Its not such a big deal anyway.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
"Girlie Girl", the 'nose running' is your sign of the "increased lymphatic drainage" I've often spoke about.

I can actually feel the lymph draining down the back of my throat during treatments occasionally.

Keep an eye out on those "dents" and let us know if they lessen over time, as was my experience.

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I do recall you writing about the drainage. I'm using the acne light so for some reason I didn't think that would happen. Buts its all good Smile
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Boy I'm glad to have found this forum. In 2008 I bought a unit off EBay which was supposed to be for vacuum suction, which I'd planned on using on my body. The light unit wasn't in the picture, and it didn't come with any instructions, and after using it a few times, getting a burn on my face, (which looking back more than likely was because I used oil on my face with it) I just stored it away until today. It's pretty bulky, has red, blue and yellow lights. There is no manufacturer name anywhere, I was wondering if someone recognized or had a similar unit because somehow I sense it can be used for other treatments. The person I bought it from, was selling some beauty shop items for a friend who was going out of business so they knew very little about it. I got it for around $280.

[img]Image
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if you can buy these in UK/Europe?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Does anyone know if you can buy these in UK/Europe?

http://store.lightstim.com/help_answer.asp?ID=12#24
suldrun
5% products discount

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All. I have been reading only for months. Life just got too busy and I use this place as a distraction and to relax....actually formulating a thought and writing it felt too much like work lol.
I got my AALS back in Dec. I used it 5 days a week for the first month or so. At first I was doing 2 min on each spot and I did not notice much. I upped it to 3 min and immediately noticed the softness everyone is raving about. I'm amazed that 1 extra min made a difference. I guess it goes to show us we need to experiment a little.I have not been using it consistently but I use it 2-5 times a week now.At 5 times a week I notice the best improvement.
Since I started I feel softer skin, I see nicer texture especially on my forehead which I hated before and is now OK ( I don't love it but its much improved)
It is very subtle but I just look overall fresher. My skin seem lighter and some of the discoloration has lightened(mostly on left side of forehead)My skin just seems more youthful and firm. I also have more trouble grabbing it when doing the Ageless massage.
All in All I am very very happy with my purchase and will continue Smile Thank you Kassy for recommending AALS and everyone else who has contributed to this thread.
Sul Smile

36, Sun damage, mottled discoloration on face, forearms,hands.Fine lines.Dry sensitive skin.AALS, Green tea,DIY Vit. C,Carol Maggio face, body mitts,No Lipo-Lipo,Ageless If We Dare, Facemaster,Tom Haggerty forehead ex,Tanaka, OCM. oils:Avocado,Olive,Emu,Jojoba. Badger sunscreen,sunhats.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
flipper wrote:
Russian Sunshine,

Thank you for your response. I guess I will now have to decide between DPL and AALS. I am leaning towards AALS for convenience. Does anyone know if the lights are the same for these two?

flipper, DPL manufactures came up with the handheld LED device as well. Check it out on Nanci's site:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/new-items/dpl®-nuve-system-free-shipping-in-the-usa.html

Excuse my question: Are you talking about the panelled DPL from NCN that you love so much? Thanks....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Keep an eye out on those "dents" and let us know if they lessen over time, as was my experience.

Its been about 2 1/2 weeks now and the 'dent' have lessened significantly. I still get some but not all over and they are not as 'deep' so they go away faster.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that after using the Lightstim that your skin is not only softer where you use it but is softer all over your body? It seems I have softer skin everywhere. I wonder how it's doing this? I have been using my AALS for about a month on my face and arms. I'm hoping to diminish age spots on my arms and face as I read for some people the Lightstim helps to fade them. I definitely do have softer skin everywhere even on my legs where I don't use it and there is no other explanation. I just ordered a 590 nm light from the ledman (who is very pleasant to deal with btw) as I want to try just the amber lights on my legs to see if they help fade the age spots there.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Its been about 2 1/2 weeks now and the 'dent' have lessened significantly. I still get some but not all over and they are not as 'deep' so they go away faster.

Told ya so Laughing

Gotta love that kicked up lymphatic drainage

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that after using the Lightstim that your skin is not only softer where you use it but is softer all over your body? It seems I have softer skin everywhere. I wonder how it's doing this? I have been using my AALS for about a month on my face and arms. I'm hoping to diminish age spots on my arms and face as I read for some people the Lightstim helps to fade them. I definitely do have softer skin everywhere even on my legs where I don't use it and there is no other explanation. I just ordered a 590 nm light from the ledman (who is very pleasant to deal with btw) as I want to try just the amber lights on my legs to see if they help fade the age spots there.

I haven't noticed any increased softening to the skin areas I don't treat with the light.. Crying or Very sad In fact my body skin of late has been woefully neglected, so thanks for reminding me of that Laughing

Maybe you are just taking better care of yourself in other ways, which are of course a big plus to our skin. (Extra water, or a better diet perhaps?)

I think that results dealing with pigmentation issues treated with LED's runs the gamut between very good + very bad. For me personally I had the worst skin damage on my chest and I had great results very quickly which continued cumulatively. (The damage I had was; dry, wrinkly, chicken skin with many small freckles.) The only other place I had 3 or 4 little age spots was on my hands, and they only got a tiny bit lighter, really nothing to brag about. I guess the good news is that I don't have any new ones at all in the last 3 years. With all that said I would just offer that anybody considering using LED's, be sure your primary goal is *other* than hyperpigmentation/melasma. (Just MHO!)

Good luck with your 590 from the LED man as well. Feel free to share all your thoughts and results here. Many of us own several LED's from different manufacturers, so learning where a synergistic effect might be possible, would be very welcome indeed.

Welcome Very Happy

marys235
5% products discount

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have the anti-aging lightstim, and think it makes a big difference in my skin tone and elasticity, when I use it regularly. Has anyone come up with something like this in a full body treatment, like a tanning bed? I'd pay to use something like that. When I was younger, I went to tanning beds, this would at least be good for my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |