Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Soundl like you are well on your way, with a kick *ss plan ... Laughing

I think I recall you mentioning somewhere you have dry skin, and I just want to encourage you to be very well hydrated before you use the LED... I usually drink a bottle of water before I treat, and a glass or two after..

NO, it will not dry your skin out, nor does it get more than comfortably warm, but it causes significant lymphatic drainage, which is a very good thing.. Drinking water before and after your treatment, will allow the toxins to be removed through the lymph channels.. (It's always good to be well hydrated on the inside.. Wink )

Have fun, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help.

Do me a favor please.. Feel your face, neck + chest well before your very 1st treatment for softness and smoothness.... After you finish your full/complete first treatment, please tell me if you "feel" a difference to your skin.. (Be sure to treat each area for the full 3 minutes the first time, sliding the light from place to place)

You will see 3 treatment options offered in the manual... I recommend the aggressive one for the first month! (5 times per week or daily, if you can manage it.. I believe that is what gives the best result.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
AMEN!! Lol....yeah, I think I've got a pretty good plan goin on here...
Will be sure to make that extra effort to drink more water prior and after the light. You are correct in the fact I have dry skin to begin with, doesn't matter what time of year it is, it's always there! Although my dryness is not as severe as it was before I had the epiphany moment with PH levels and how they affect dryness of the skin & switched to a lower PH cleanser (yeah, don't know how I didn't figure that one out earlier.. Rolling Eyes ) But, will be sure to do the "feel" before the first treatment and of course I will be knockin' on your door if I have any questions! ha ha...it's much appreciated:)
Got the email that the Stim was shipped today already...whoo hoo....I will be Stim'in before you know it!!! Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Holy COW!!!!!!!! MY AA Stim HAS ARRIVED!!! YEAH!!! Laughing That has to be the fastest shipping ever. I ordered at 4am yesterday, it was shipped just before 5pm same day and it just came. CA to WI in just over 19 hours??? Whoa, those people are fast (but I did pay for the express shipping, can't get any more "express" than that!!)....anywho, unfortunately I am at work until 6pm (boo hoo!) I had my 17 year old son at home so he signed for it and called me asap....so I guess the maiden voyage with my little Stim will have to wait until later..... Crying or Very sad lol...thats ok though, it is at least here in time for my birthday tomorrow!! Great b-day present I must say....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
That was super fast.. Laughing

Don't forget to have a good feel before you do it, and you'll be really surprised at the difference the 1st time..

Give yourself a good scrub to get the dead skin off before your treatment. And if you are using a topical, be sure it is light and serumy and non-occlusive..

Can't wait to hear your view after the 1st treatment! Even though you are just a baby compared to me, it will still be obvious to you.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok...here is the lowdown on my virgin foray in to the AA Lightstim:

Overall treatment time 14 areas, 3 minutes each...42 minutes total.

Loved the warmth that the device puts off...very relaxing.

Very easy to do and could comfortably scan the net while doing the treatment. Don't watch tv so that is out of the question..ha ha...but, spent a bit of time in front of the mirror as well, just to get the hang of the areas for the first time...

Pre-treatment: Cleansed with my Goat Milk bar and microfiber cloth....put a layer of Revaleskin PM over after cleansing, let soak in for about 30-40 minutes. The thing I like about the Revaleskin is that it is not greasy, soaks in wonderfully and doesn't leave a film or anything. Not to mention it's antioxidative properties...so I thought that would be a great non-occlusive pre-treater...correct me if I am wrong here. Drank water prior and after...and yes, I was thirsty afterwards.

So my thoughts immediately afterwards.....
Skin was extremely soft! You are right Kassy! Laughing Pretty amazing...
but, the after effects were most noticeable this morning upon waking...woke up to, dare I say a plumper, buttery feel. Really had that fresh, glowy, plump, youthful look this morning (mind you, this was at 4:15am as I am heading to work soon!!! ha ha) but really there is no other way to describe it....
I usually wake to pillow face in the am and the NL's are typically more pronounced from side sleeping & face-crushing all night and they soften as I move around in the am....did not have that problem this morning. Seriously thinking of that "Save the Face" pillow as back sleeping is absolutely out of the question for me! (Sleep apnea)....

But anyway, my first venture in to the Stim was pleasurable and very positive...I like what I see, even if it may be a temporary plumpy effect at the moment from my first treatment as my skin adjusts to the Stim.

Now...must be off to work and day 3 of LouLou's exercises!! Will probably Stim a few extra off areas at work as well...have 12 hours to do it!! ha ha....

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Have fun Bren, it will only get better and better!

Buttery, was a very good description!... Wink

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Morning after second AA LightStim treatment... please don't worry, I am not going to post an EVERY day update Laughing.....just had a few questions for you Kassy...

Have the awesome super plump "baby-face" again this morning. I tell ya, I am loving the look and feeling of my face when I wake up, I could really get used to that!... although it does go away as the day wears on, softness stays though. Did you experience this as well?

Just wondering if this "look" will one day surprise me and stay longer or eventually just "stick" and be a permanent fixture on my face! ha ha...my face is so plump feeling, I am going to have to wait until it goes down a bit before doing LouLou's exercises!

Question #2...my 15 year old daughter has acne issues. Not severe by any means but she does usually have pimples at least somewhere on her face at any given moment. I had her using a low % glycolic cleanser and toner which seemed to help a bit. Just wondering if the Stim would help her in that area? I realize that this is not the acne light, but hey, if it may help even though its for anti-aging, that would be a bonus. Not sure what other's experience has been with the aging light and acne as a side note....

Question #3....I do glycolic home peels and I am just getting ready to do another round of 6 at 50%...how do I incorporate my peels with the Stim? Do I not do the Stim on the night of my peels? Or do you think I could Stim myself during the day on my "peel nights"?....oh, lots of questions!! ha ha....

Used Hyaluronic acid serum as a pre-treatment last night...I may just alternate my pre-treatments like that to see what works best for me...have to say the HA did some wonders on me, my horizontal lines on my forehead over my eyes were greatly diminished and nearly invisible, had to look twice as I thought they were gone with my plumpness this morning. I may even try a Stim round without anything on my face, just clean and dry and see how that goes....I have always been one to experiment with things, I have the perfect scientific brain for that! ha ha....

But, day 2 is just as wonderful as day one with the stim, maybe even a bit better with those darn lines on my forehead (or lack thereof!!) ha ha....I can't wait until I get weeks in to this to see what might happen...I am quite optimistic about it, even more so with the addition of Ageless... Hopefully Juvederm will be a thing of the past! Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Morning after second AA LightStim treatment... please don't worry, I am not going to post an EVERY day update Laughing.....just had a few questions for you Kassy...

Have the awesome super plump "baby-face" again this morning. I tell ya, I am loving the look and feeling of my face when I wake up, I could really get used to that!... although it does go away as the day wears on, softness stays though. Did you experience this as well?Just wondering if this "look" will one day surprise me and stay longer or eventually just "stick" and be a permanent fixture on my face!

Question #2...my 15 year old daughter has acne issues. Just wondering if the Stim would help her in that area? I realize that this is not the acne light, but hey, if it may help even though its for anti-aging, that would be a bonus. Not sure what other's experience has been with the aging light and acne as a side note....

Question #3....I do glycolic home peels and I am just getting ready to do another round of 6 at 50%...how do I incorporate my peels with the Stim? Do I not do the Stim on the night of my peels? Or do you think I could Stim myself during the day on my "peel nights"?....oh, lots of questions!! ha ha....

Used Hyaluronic acid serum as a pre-treatment last night...I may just alternate my pre-treatments like that to see what works best for me...have to say the HA did some wonders on me, my horizontal lines on my forehead over my eyes were greatly diminished and nearly invisible, had to look twice as I thought they were gone with my plumpness this morning. I may even try a Stim round without anything on my face, just clean and dry and see how that goes....I have always been one to experiment with things, I have the perfect scientific brain for that! ha ha....

... Hopefully Juvederm will be a thing of the past! Laughing

Okay now lets see;

- I'm not surprised by your immediate results, because it was the same for me... The results are definitely cumulative, and the longer you use it consistently, the better and more permanent the results will be..(This is my experience anyhoo.)

- The HA serum is good to use *occassionally* IMHO... It is responsible for much of the plumpness you are experiencing now... (I prefer the longer route, when the real collagen kicks in after a couple of skin cycles, and keeps going from there...That is when you will see real changes, that are most definitely permanent.) I alternate bare face and anti-oxidant or C serums with my treatments. I'll go so far to tell you that in my own experience at this 15 month mark, I'm still continuing to look younger, most definitely plumper and tighter. I am definitely keeping ahead of the dreaded aging process now.

#2. Although the AALS couldn't hurt your daughter to use it, only the blue light LED will "kill" the bacteria that cause acne.

#3. I don't do typical peels, so don't have first hand knowledge of what to advise you there... My thoughts are, to do your peel in the A.M., and your LED in the P.M. Or at the very least, separated by several hours. The LED is great for reducing inflammation, so it's probably a plus in that regard.

Stay committed, and you will reap the rewards.. You are at the perfect age, to *keep* things great, rather than have to undue the damage/sagging/loss of collagen that comes with advanced age and menopause.. Also keep in mind that for young uns like you, it's impossible to see drastic changes, because you haven't really even begun to have *significant* damage...

Here is a picture of me on my 49th birthday. Not the greatest, but the only one I have handy without waking DH up.. Point being, I didn't have much aging going on yet.

Now here's one from Jan 2007 when I was 57.... This is what happened to me after I started menopause at age 50... Pretty scary dontcha think;

In September 2007 I started taking care of my skin and using the LED. I never had any fillers or surgery or botox, but I was starting to think about it. Luckily the things I learned about skincare and LED's here at EDS, saved me from having to go that route... Here I am this Thanksgiving with my kid and grand-kids, and I believe I look 10 years younger than I look in the previous picture..(No makeup, and in my jammies, but I believe you can see all the differences..)

Here's a close up picture from August. It's posted someplace else around here also..

Anyhoo, hope that helps to *show* you what you can expect with the right commitment..

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow!...that is quite a difference between 49...50...and now look at you! I must say when you were 49, you looked at most early 30's in that photo. It is quite amazing what happens to our bodies in such a short period of time, but you have literally turned back the hands of time on yourself these days....amazing to say the least and thanks so much for sharing those photos~!
I know my problems may not be severe to others, but I have really noticed an aging in myself this past year...most notable has been the appearance of the NL's and marionette lines from facial sagging and the laxity in my skin. I know I may not be the age where that is supposed to happen, but it did to me. If this is just the start of things to come and I am in the "baby" phase of it all, I totally dread what is going to happen to my face once I get to 40 and beyond...
Hence, my reasoning for starting all of this NOW!! ha ha....I figure, if I get a jump start on this stuff, maybe I wont have it so bad once my aging body really starts to kick in!

I will be sure not to use the HA all the time...didn't use it last night. I do however want to look in to a good Vit C serum for myself. I haven't even tried those as of yet, but you all seem to swear by them. There are just sooooo MANY of them!! ha ha...as it seems with everything else these days.

I've included below photos of my lips...the first one I took a few weeks ago as I wanted "before's" for when I started the L2K system after the holidays...can't wait for that!...the second one I took this AM and with nothing on them in either photo. I woke this morning to my usual plump, soft face, but unlike the other days thus far, my lips really felt huge today as well. I honestly couldn't even put my lips together all the way! There is quite a difference in my lips from a few weeks ago to this morning...especially felt in my lower lip and in the moisture level upon waking. But as you can see from the photos, those upper lip creases were dramatically plumped this AM and that lower lip felt like it was Jolie size! I also noted in the photos some of my "baby" upper smokers lines were softened from the plumpness...just a small example of what I feel in my whole face from the AA Stim as I wasn't about to show my AM look on here, might scare a few people off. Too bad this is only temporary.. Ahh well....
(Just a note...I don't use anything on my lips but the dreaded Chapstick)

Hmmm....maybe we should develop an LED lip plumper device??? Just think, we could make MILLIONS!! ha ha.....uh oh, the wheels are spinning!!! lol...

2 weeks ago:
This AM:

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Holy hoot-owls Kassy, you are drop-dead gorgeous. I truly cannot believe you are a day over 29 in that last photo...look at that jawline!!! Wow... DH is really cute by the way! You are a lovely couple indeed. I have to get my hands on the Lightstim. I'm not that fond of the BQ as it seems to take me 40 minutes each time. Maybe my face is bigger than other faces Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Bren...that's amazing. Am I missing something here? What is "L2K" (It's early in the morning...) You have very pretty lips...nice shape.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hey Antonia....L2K is a short for a system called Lips2Kiss. Check it out atwww.Lips2kiss.com

The lady that developed the system, Kandis, is a real gem...very helpful and always there for you when you have a question. Some forum members really had good results with this system (and of course it has it's own thread here) and I am hoping to plump mine a bit and diminish those fine smokers lines that are starting to develop.

And thanks for the compliment on my lips!!! One of my body parts that I really kinda like although I would LOVE to get off the Chapstick * spam alert * and make them look more plump and moisturized. Thus the reason for the L2K... ha ha.....

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bren WOWZA!!! Your lips look incredible... I think a little HA and your LS will save you from L2K... I can't imagine it would be better than what you have accomplished in 2 days... And the money you'll save!!!

Thanks so much for sharing in the forum for everyone's benefit... That is so much more helpful to all, than the PM's I get from other happy LED users.

Just to clarify, the 1st pic is 49, the second is at 57... (I was 50 when menopause started.)

Thank you for the nice things you said.. Smile

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Holy hoot-owls Kassy, you are drop-dead gorgeous. I truly cannot believe you are a day over 29 in that last photo...look at that jawline!!! Wow... DH is really cute by the way! You are a lovely couple indeed. I have to get my hands on the Lightstim. I'm not that fond of the BQ as it seems to take me 40 minutes each time. Maybe my face is bigger than other faces Laughing

Thank you for saying such nice things, you are too kind..

Don't go tossing out your BQ just yet.. My LS treatments for face/neck/chest/hands takes me 45 to 90 minutes, depending on how hurried I am.. Yes the head is bigger, but the treatment time per section is 2 to 3 minutes.. If you aren't getting results from the shorter treatment time, just increase it... (I really think the longer treatment times is what works anyway... Even the Nasa studies indicate 90 seconds for a minimum.)

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy...and here I thought I might save a few minutes. I really think I'm getting the Vaculifter next... I feel a case of the twitching fingers coming on. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
The Vaculifters are a great little gadget Antonia..

I bought one in every size (4), but can't use it on my face, because it made my broken caps much worse..

Anyway, calm down woman, don't do everything at once, or you won't be able to keep track of what is working best.. Wink

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Got ya Kassy! ha ha....I misunderstood and thought the changes happened within a year...and I was like whoa!!! So it was a somewhat "gradual" thing once you hit 50, but a striking change nonetheless in a few years.....Still blows my mind... but with the aging changes I have seen this year in myself I can relate (I know! You said I am still just a baby! lol...baby changes Kassy, baby changes... Wink )

It amazes me the progress you have made with your skin care mission and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say your advice and comments, always given willingly, freely and without judgment or bias, are much appreciated. Even though I realize that what worked for you may not work for myself, it is the simple fact that you shared that information so I and others have a "starting" point to work with....we can tweak or change things to suit our needs and see what works for us. But just because we have that good knowledge "base" as a starting point it makes all the difference in the world. At least it does for me and the AA Stim. I feel more confident in using it because I don't feel as though I am going at this alone...it's nice to know you have my back!!

Woke up with a banger headache today...fell asleep for a few minutes with the Stim attached to the side of my face last night....ha ha....but damn, I still looked good this morning!! Very Happy

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy That's funny. I find I get headaches (mild ones, not my migraines) after the BQ. It's because I hold my neck stiffly I think. I didn't use it last night and have two nights of celebrations and family over so I won't get to use it then either Sad What with this and the advocaat, I'll look like a wreck by the time New Year arrives...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Very Happy That's funny. I find I get headaches (mild ones, not my migraines) after the BQ. It's because I hold my neck stiffly I think. ...

These LED's cause lots of lymphatic drainage. If you aren't well hydrated before and after the treatment, that would also cause a headache..

On another note; Can anybody recommend a good account other than Photobucket, for uploading pictures.. I'm having nothing but problems with photobucket, and have already had to delete 2 accounts... Something easy to figure out, would be great!

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Info Kassy. I am awful when it comes to hydration. I have to remember to drink water instead of tea. I know many of my headaches are caused by dehydration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Yep...that would definitely be it as far as the headaches go. I was so tired that night (I fell asleep with the Stim on my face) and didn't drink any water afterward like I normally do, I just stayed in bed. Hence, the morning headache. Don't care how tired I am in the future, I will be sure to keep drinking the water..that did make all the difference.
Thought I would post a few more photos....I really have this lovely glow going on and have been noticing some nice positive changes in my skin since starting Ageless and the Stim (today will be night 7 with Ageless and night 6 with the Stim) I don't want to get my hopes up though because it seems a bit too good to be true! ha ha....when something is easy and enjoyable like the exercises and the Stim, you kinda wonder if it will even work Laughing

So anyway, the first 2 photos were taken of me back in September of this year, this was just hours before my Juvederm shot and right around the time I just started taking my skin seriously due to the changes I saw in just a short time. I was pretty depressed at that moment...skin looked blotchy, lifeless, saggy and dull. Had many freckles/age spots that seemed to pop up as well. Mind you, I have always had freckles but not in the numbers and places I was getting them. I even had one that popped out on my lower lip as you can see in the first photo. I don't even like looking at those! ha ha...I look absolutely horrible so forgive the haggard look....
So, I had my 15 year old daughter take a photo of me the other day because we decided to straighten my naturally curly hair with a straight iron and I haven't seen my hair straight in years. When I looked at the photo, I couldn't believe how nice and glowy my skin looked! This photo was after 5 nights of Ageless and 4 nights of the Stim. My skin looking this well has been a cumulative result of changing my diet & religious skin care and sunscreen over the last 3 months. But I have really noticed some very nice changes since using Ageless and the Stim...the glow is just one of those nice changes...will post the other changes I have seen at a later date because I don't want to be too hasty with a report...I need to give it some time yet to get the full effect.
Now mind you, all photos of me are without makeup...before I would have NEVER went out without something on my face, these days I don't have to wear much of anything and as we age, less is more in the makeup department!! lol...so anywho...on with the pics!

Taken Sept 08....notice the uneven skin color, plethora of freckles/spots even on the lower lips, droopiness and overall lackluster skin...my goodness, what several months of stress will do to you. And this was one of my better skin days at that time!

Side view taken same day Sept 08...my nemesis that damn NL and marionette!!

This one taken just the other day by my daughter...quite a change since September!! I have no makeup on and this lovely all over glow...something I didn't have before I started the Stim...pay no attention to the unruly eyebrow!! lol Not too shabby for a 38 year old Mom of 3!

So that is my journey over the last few months....I haven't always loved my skin over those months, there have been good days and bad days...but I must say, I have been loving my skin for the past several days since the Stim and Ageless. I don't know exactly what is happening, but there is something a brewin' with my face and I like very much what I see...it is giving me hope for what results I may have a few months from now after being on both programs.
An interesting side note here, I know there has been a bit of discussion about dermal fillers/botox usage and what effect LED therapy may have on those. Something I made sure I did prior to starting the LED was to feel my Juvederm line in my face...actually, it was normal for me once a week to feel the lines & make sure they were still doing their job. I have noticed that the Juvie lines are not as prominent feeling to me at this point as they were prior to Ageless and the Stim although I have seen no increase in the depth of my lines...

Well, Christmas morning and here I am posting on EDS!! ha ha...yes, I do have somewhere to be, but that will come a bit later Very Happy Will enjoy Christmas with my kids and my Ex!! ha ha...

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you!! And I wish you all GREAT skin in the coming New Year!!!! CHEERS!!!!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Side view taken same day Sept 08...my nemesis that damn NL and marionette!!

This is the picture you posted on Dec 3rd;

This from today 12/25

I'm confused Bren... Confused Your NL line/fold wasn't nearly as apparent in the Dec 3rd picture, as this one you posted today... And the last picture, looks enhanced to even my easy to fool eye... Crying or Very sad

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the LightStim, or any other LED could make the improvements you're showing after a handful of uses. And LouLou's facial exercise program rocks, and I love it, but that takes time and commitment as well.

I've been using my LED's for 15 months, and it was only at about the 8 month mark, that my NL folds started to disappear, and my jawline firmed up... I have shared my successful LS journey here with EDS members, exactly as it unfolded, and everybody knows how much I love and believe in it.. I have also made clear in no uncertain terms that other than the soft, more even toned skin that does come immediately, the results that come from the new collagen kicking in takes months..

Again, I humbly apologize if I am wrong, but it looks to me like you indeed had a filler or something in that last picture you posted in today's post, and makeup/concealer as well... Your other pictures show hyperpigmentation spots, and they surely don't disappear after 2 or 3 LED uses..

Here's my feeling for what it's worth to you and all the other members I love and respect at EDS;

LightStim LED's are wonderful devices to use at home that will give you a baby soft, clearer skin, with less/softened wrinkles + a firmer more youthful appearance.... But it is cumulative, and happens with continued long term use. (Soft, smooth, plumper skin is immediate only.)

Again, please accept my apology if my suspicions are unfounded.. I believe LightStim, as well as ProLights + Quasar's, can stand on their own merit, and I'd hate to see new members who don't know about them, be taken in by your suggestion of instant gratification.. It's a very big investment of time and money, and it's only fair that our members know that....(There are way to many lemming threads at EDS, that didn't quite tell the whole truth, and lots of people are disappointed because of them... To me it's better to be surprised than disappointed, but above all it's important to me to have the respect of my fellow members, and they count on me to be honest with them.)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's to all..

Edited to add; Again Bren, I apologize!.. If those results are true and unenhanced, than that's great, but members should not think that is the norm... So my post reflects my feelings.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well I must say I didn't expect someone to doubt my posting and honestly you have just managed to make me feel like the biggest a$$ on the planet.
If you knew me as my friends and family know me, you would realize that although I may be a little dickens sometimes and quite opinionated, I would never lie or deceive anyone for self gratification or anything else for that matter....I just don't work that way.

These photos are taken just as I stated they were and I did point out early in the posting that the first 2 photos were just "hours" prior to good old Juvederm and that my skin from then till now has been a cumulative effect of diet change and skin care. I have not denied that I have gotten a dermal filler (my only one being in Sept)...and I can tell you right now as broke as I am this time of year, I sure as hell could not afford another one at this time...in fact, the money I had set aside for my next shot went to the Stim and Ageless instead. If I had the cash, you bet I would be getting one for the instant gratification factor, but seeing the budget is tight, I chose a hopefully more permanent solution that will take a bit more work on my part...but it's something I am willing to do.

As far as the changes in the photo from Dec 3rd to the one taken the other day, could be the fact that I had just washed my face in the Dec 3rd photo right before that pic....my face does get blotchy after washing and the lighting in the bathroom isn't all that great....the pic taken the other day, a semi-smirk compared to just a relaxed lip pose....I know the smirk tends to hide the NL a bit while the relaxed face makes it stand out more. And as far as my coloring in the recent photo....as I stated on that one I have no make up on, I will attest to wearing Chapstick in that photo though as I can't go more than 2 minutes without it and of course there is the flash....and to begin even enhancing a photo, I couldn't tell you even how. I had used the Stim earlier in the day in that photo as well, when I usually use it at night...could attest to some plumping action that is normally reserved for morning after my nightly treatment......

So I here I sit, trying to defend myself which really makes me feel awful and I honestly never thought it would come to this... I would never try and mislead anyone nor enhance anything for any reason....when I found this board, I thought it was a place for unbiased and honest opinions. A place where we could all share our ups and downs, what worked, what didn't work....and I have to tell you I really was happy to find this place...Now I am not so sure.

My credibility has been called in to question for all to see and the damage in my opinion can not be undone. I can sit here and try and defend myself until I am blue in the face and what would that get me? Probably nothing because you are a well respected member of this board and I am just some nobody that signed up a few months ago and has made 50 some odd postings. Plain and simply, I can't defend myself.....

So I guess the only thing for me to do is just not post here any longer. It really makes me ill to be thought of in this manner as it was never my intention to seem misleading or anything of that nature....what I have posted here has always been with straightforward honesty, un-enhanced, no tricks or recent dermal fillers, no-makeup when I say there is no make up, and I will stake my life on all those statements and my photos. I have nothing to gain by doing otherwise....I am just a "youngish" woman that was once down in the dumps and now is excited about the changes she sees in her skin by what measures she has been taking over the last few months. Just something I wanted to share, that is all...

I am done posting here...which really makes me very sad...and not to mention the blow to my character, I think that may be the worst thing of all. I wish you all the best, I really do....

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just another note in my defense before I go...as far as the hyperpigmentation issues go..I don't have them in the Dec 3rd picture. I will gladly send you a larger one of that photo to prove that point. I have always had generally good toned skin, just have had excessive freckling popping up and yes some pigmentation issues that came about this year back in the September photos. Nightly use of Green Cream has brought me even skin tone and coloring which that shows in the Dec 3rd photo as well...maybe the size of the photo you think you see pigment issues, and my facial contour shadowing mistaken for pigment problems, but they are not there.
Anyway, just thought I would try and defend myself a bit more, even though it may be all in vain.....I just can't stand it when someone doubts me, I hope you understand....one last hurrah I guess. Can't go without at least a bit of a fight.....

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Bren..I am so sorry you feel to never post again....certainly I feel you have nothing to defend..and to me..your photos look natural (especially also, as i know how significantly diet can effect skin tone, glow, etc....not to mention how much feeling better about yourself can effect how you look!)..and I am glad to see how radiant, soft and happy you look.

By the way..there are many who read these posts and don't necessary respond...and although i adore Kassy for her spirit, honesty, generosity, etc....she is human, like all of us, and is going to make mistakes..if/when she does..like we all do..all the time..if we are being natural...and not fake!...and who wants to be around someone who is fake..and all nicey nicey!

Whatever you decide to do about further posting..I hope you use this experience as an honest personal opportunity for inner growth and development

(Actually this is an understanding that I have come to realize over the years at age 63 ..and did not understand AT ALL when I was 38..so aging does have many benefits to it..as well as the apparent downside of physical 'shifts')

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |