Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zelda,
You can't buy a new Lightstim from anywhere but Lightstim (unless Hautelook.com do a sale but they don't ship international). So no, I didn't buy it in the UK, had to buy direct but it did arrive super-fast (I think 7 days).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Can the AALS be used in conjunction with a strong-ish Alpha Hydroxy acid gel?
Such as this one from Paula's choice:

Exfoliating 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid Gel

Exfoliate dry layers and reveal beautifully smooth, healthy skin with this state-of-the-art, lightweight gel. Ideal for all skin types, but works especially well on sun-damaged skin.

8% glycolic acid leaves skin smooth and glowing
Lightweight gel formula contains soothing anti-irritants
pH of 3.5 provides optimal exfoliation
100% fragrance- and colorant-free

Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Here’s some news on the LightStim front, that might be of interest;

• The LED has received “Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles".

• For those who are interested in the wavelengths that were up until now kept fairly quiet, here ya go..

Wavelengths:

605nm (amber), 630nm (red), 660nm (red) + 855nm (infrared)

Energy/Output:

65 milliwatts per square centimeter per second (65mW/cm2) It is powered by a 9-volt power transformer. (No, that is not a typo!)…

• LightStim will make it’s QVC debut on Friday, October 29th on the 10:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M. (eastern time), on the “Friday Night Beauty” show. The show price will be @ $269. (as of now.)

• LightStim will also be featured on the show “The Doctor’s” on Wednesday, October 27th.

For those who are on the fence, or pondering purchasing the LightStim LED, I would encourage you to wait until the end of the month, when the “new” handheld mold will be available.. (The changes are; a more ergonomically designed handle and diodes that are a tiny bit more recessed.)

I absolutely love the LightStim products (and in fact have purchased 5 to date), and after 3 plus years of use, I still recommend it wholeheartedly and honestly.

I would also like to share this fact at this time. Both Toby and I have received the new mold LED from Steve at LightStim (“on a trial basis for evaluation only!”), because he felt that since we each owned several, and were happy with our results, that we would give him honest feedback about the new housing. I told him I would accept it under the conditions that if I found it to be a piece of crap, I would share that thought with the world as well.. LOL! He agreed!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,
The LightStim that I bought a couple of months ago has lights that are more recessed than the first one I bought a year ago. I emailed Steve when I received my new light and he said the lights are more recessed because the plastic molding extends further down the sides of the lights. Are you saying that the lights will be even more recessed on the newer model? If a newer model is coming out, it can't be too different from the latest one that I purchased.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I remember Keliu mentioned getting a light recently and it had lights that were more recessed. I think the new model that Kassy and I are trying is still different. The handle is more steamlined and a neater design...but the same great lights.I am thrilled that Lightstim will be on QVC....this will now be available to people that might not travel the internet like we do. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Will the "new" Lightstim be the one that is on QVC?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Here’s some news on the LightStim front, that might be of interest;

• The LED has received “Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles".

• LightStim will make it’s QVC debut on Friday, October 29th on the 10:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M. (eastern time), on the “Friday Night Beauty” show. The show price will be @ $269. (as of now.)

• LightStim will also be featured on the show “The Doctor’s” on Wednesday, October 27th.

Yes the new antiaging Lightstim model will be the one available on QVC and that is the one Kassy and I are testing out right now. Remember it is the same light strength and set up but a different casing(handle is designed smaller and lights are more recessed.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Energy/Output:

65 milliwatts per square centimeter per second (65mW/cm2) (No, that is not a typo!)…

Just want to clarify, that it is the "joules" info that is not a typo, and that has remained the same. (A couple of years back when I posted that info I was told I was mistaken by "Rita" and a few others, because that would be more like a lasers power. Well now it's in the manual (along with the wavelengths), so I feel confident in sharing it again.)

I'll post some pictures later of both LED's side by side, so anybody interested in the change can see it for themselves.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I just want to know something before I waste my time trying to upload pictures here. Are you all going to continue to contact me personally to ask all your questions, or is anybody going to speak their mind and ask their questions and share their opinions on this thread?

I'm done with dealing with this topic in private. Some of you should suck it up and come out of the LED closet and share your nice reviews. Laughing So many people would be so surprised now wouldn't they... Bad Grin

So it's up to all of you, pictures or no...? In the meantime I'm going to pour a glass of wine and enjoy what's left of the beautiful Florida day.

Cheers Kiddies!

Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for all the info you have given us on the Lightstim.

You made me try it and buy it!!!

I haven't been using it all that much lately. Took a little time off. Kinda just forgot about it.

But with the added stress I have due to an extremely busy semester due to school, I have used it more often lately as of last week.

I use it at night before I go to sleep. It makes me very relaxed and I wake up thirsty in the morning. I do drink water before the treatment. I clean the circle heads with rubbing alcohol. Sometimes I fall asleep with the LED treatment either on one side of my face (I try not to make a regular habit of this) or I almost fall asleep and then turn the light off and then go to sleep!

Please share the pictures and whatever else you can when you have the time. I am still waiting for lower pigmentation, but I think that will come in time.

The things I notice the most from the Acne Lightstim (I will use the Anti-Aging one this week) is that my skin gets very soft, it relaxes me before sleep, and I am thirsty.

I will try it again with the green tea serum (although Steve has told me that it really doesn't do anything).

He did tell me that there is a collagen serum they are about to sell (and this was awhile ago)with Lightstim. Have you tried it yet?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I've tried searching for this but surprisingly turned up zilch.

Can you use the AALS on a coldsore? Hubby has one brewing and I'm torn as to whether the healing properties will be positive or the direct light will be the worse thing to do.

Any advice please?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Can you use the AALS on a coldsore? Hubby has one brewing and I'm torn as to whether the healing properties will be positive or the direct light will be the worse thing to do.

Any advice please?

The only device that successfully treated my coldsore was the Palacia HF Wand. I doubt that the AALS will help because LEDs do not kill bacteria like high frequency does.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Any advice please?

The only device that successfully treated my coldsore was the Palacia HF Wand. I doubt that the AALS will help because LEDs do not kill bacteria like high frequency does.

Just to clarify this point (no offense, Keliu Wink ) - a cold sore is not bacterial, it is viral.

Miranda - I found this http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5500009/description.html, which seems like it would apply to cold sores by extension.

Quote:
An experimental study was carried out to evaluate the therapeutic effect of non-coherent, low level, narrow band LED Light Therapy (hereinafter LLT) at a wavelength of approximately 660 nm on the course of herpetic skin disease. The LLT treatment was compared to other topical and/or systemic treatments used on previous herpetic attacks in the same patient.

Eighteen patients suffering from recurrent herpetic infections, either labial or progenitalia, for at least one year, were selected for the study. The age of the patients ranged from 8 to 60 (mean age 29.1) and frequency of reoccurrance ranged from twice a year to 12 times a year (mean 5.1). The patients were in good physical condition and no medication other than birth control pills was allowed to be taken during the study. Patients were asked to appear for entry in the study as soon as possible after the onset of the herpetic skin lesion or even in the prelesion stage, when only the sensation of itching was present in the area.

A hand held emitter of LLT 660 nm radiation was provided to patients for home use, 3 times daily for ten minutes each time. Time to loss of crust and patients' judgement of healing were criteria used to evaluate efficacy as compared with topical and/or systemic treatments used in previous attacks.

The average duration of a single attack using the LLT treatment was 3.13 days (SD=1.29) as compared with 10.68 days (SD=3.47) as reported by patients when topical treatment was used in previous attacks. This difference was examined by 1-way repeated measures (ANOVA) and proved to be statistically significant.

Patients who began the treatment in the prelesions stage (4 patients) reported a significant alteration of the course of the disease. A blister never developed. Burning, itching and pain in the area was limited to the first 24 hours, if at all. The remaining 14 patients who began treatment in the vesicle stage reported significantly less pain and no secretion or ulceration as they had experienced in previous attacks.

When asked their subjective impression, 64.3% defined LLT treatment as excellent; 14.3% defined it as very good; and 21.4% defined it as good. None of the patients defined the LLT treatment as worse or fair. No side effects were reported.

Thus, LED 660 nm light therapy treatment has been proven to alter the course of herpetic skin lesion, to be more effective than conventional topical antiviral treatments, and to be more acceptable as an antiviral treatment by the patient.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bellableu - I guess this would apply to lesions round the mouth. I'll experiment with my husband; he's at the itching stage so we'll see if it doesn't come out.

Many thanks for digging that up.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
bellableu wrote:
Just to clarify this point (no offense, Keliu Wink ) - a cold sore is not bacterial, it is viral.

I stand corrected! (No offense taken bellableu!) But I definitely know that HF cures cold sores, it fixed mine overnight.

Quote:
Thus, LED 660 nm light therapy treatment has been proven to alter the course of herpetic skin lesion, to be more effective than conventional topical antiviral treatments, and to be more acceptable as an antiviral treatment by the patient.

This is extremely interesting - let us know how your husband gets on Miranda.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
You are most welcome, Miranda!

*blows a kiss to Keliu*

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
If 1 watt = 1 joule and the Lightstim puts out 65mW/cm2/sec (65 milliwats per centimeter squared per second) then this converts to .065 joules/cm2/sec. These two specs given by Lightstim are different or am I not seeing this right?

Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Energy/Output:

65 milliwatts per square centimeter per second (65mW/cm2) (No, that is not a typo!)…

Just want to clarify, that it is the "joules" info that is not a typo, and that has remained the same. (A couple of years back when I posted that info I was told I was mistaken by "Rita" and a few others, because that would be more like a lasers power. Well now it's in the manual (along with the wavelengths), so I feel confident in sharing it again.)
Kassy_A wrote:
[quote="mpstat

I called LightStim some time ago, and asked about joules output. The answer I got was 28-32 joules per cm2 per one second. The answer was very clear, and I had no misinterpretation.
I'll post some pictures later of both LED's side by side, so anybody interested in the change can see it for themselves.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this forum - it gave me all the info I needed to make the decision to purchase anti-aging Lightstim. Can't want to try it and post my experience with this product.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
If 1 watt = 1 joule and the Lightstim puts out 65mW/cm2/sec (65 milliwats per centimeter squared per second) then this converts to .065 joules/cm2/sec. These two specs given by Lightstim are different or am I not seeing this right?

I am dumb as rocks when it comes to understanding the power of the lights Rolling Eyes ....I am satisfied knowing it works and works well....but there are those of you that can wrap your brain around it better so I will copy a note from Steve on the subject....

Firstly, I want to personally thank ALL of you on the forum who have been promoting the use of LEDs lights. We at LightStim really appreciate you, as you are the leaders of the latest movement beauty care.For the person who tried to do a conversion of milliwatts to joules of the new "LightStim for Wrinkles", you made an error in your calculation. This could happen to anyone, as there are many different conversion tables. The real problem is that you cannot always do a conversion that you can count on because of the rest of the engineering in the light. The most proper conversion tables would convert 65milliwatts per sq. centimeter per second, to about 4 to 6 joules per sq. centimeter per second, depending on which conversion table you used. That would be a generally more accepted standard in conversions, BUT, IT WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH LIGHTSTIM POWER OUTPUT! The conversion tables do not work in every instance depending on how you have engineered your product. And the way we have engineered our lights is part of LightStim's uniqueness. That is why most of the other LED companies have bought our lights and (unsuccessfully) tried to reverse engineer them, as they keep trying to figure out why they are so effective.

So, please don't worry about the Joules and specs on any companies LED light, as in the end these things are meaningless. The only thing that is really important is, does it work? And at this moment in time, no other LED company has been able to get their light FDA Cleared for wrinkles under the guidelines that have been
being applied in 2010.
May the light make your days brighter!

Steve Marchese, CEO, LightStim

LightStim® International, Inc.
The LEADER in LED Light Therapy

SteveM@lightstim.com
Toll Free (800) 298-4010Local/International (714) 884-3337http://www.LightStim.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
So there are many variables in the engineering of the light to take into consideration in computing the power output. I'm glad to know this as I wondered why there were different specifications for the light. That other companies have tried to reverse engineer this light speaks for itself, I'm glad I own two of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Owning two lights was not an original idea of mine....Kassy posted about it last year and the more I thought about it I decided it might be a built in security to actually making sure I did my light treatments. Knowing I could do the light treatments in half the time motivated me to be consistent. I can honestly say I have been able to do light treatments on a regular basis now with two. The QVC special coming up might be a good opportunity to add that extra light or for for someone not owning a light a change to buy the first one. The special on Oct. 29th ...is 269.00(that includes shipping) and who knows it might get to be on flexpay!!! I have enjoyed making purchases that way... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
It will also be interesting to see how QVC demonstrate how to use the Lightstim.
I won't be able to view the US QVC and there's no equivalent for QVC UK so would be good if anyone watches it to report back on any interesting angles on usage (for newbies like myself).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
It will also be interesting to see how QVC demonstrate how to use the Lightstim.
I won't be able to view the US QVC and there's no equivalent for QVC UK so would be good if anyone watches it to report back on any interesting angles on usage (for newbies like myself).

Miranda,
I live in the US and often the QVC in the UK sells products that I can't get in the US. I go to the UK QVC website and watch the video clip about the product....it is a video that was taped when the product was aired. I did this about the Tua Viso before Nanci started carrying it here in the US. My guess is you could do the same from the US QVC site.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

The most proper conversion tables would convert 65milliwatts per sq. centimeter per second, to about 4 to 6 joules per sq. centimeter per second, depending on which conversion table you used.

I don't understand how this could be true. 1 W = 1 J/s, so 1 Ws = J. If you want a total energy of the treatment (per sq cm), just multiply 0,065 by total treatment time (in seconds). 4 to 6 joules per sq centimeter per second would just be an insane amount of energy anyway. Compare with this study:

Treatment
All subjects received a total of 9 light therapy treatments over a 5-week period. Subjects were irradiated with the 830-
nm light source for 20 minutes (55 mW/[cm.sup.2], 66 J/[cm.sup.2]) on days 1, 3, 5, 15, 22, and 29. The 633-nm
irradiations (105 mW/[cm.sup.2], 126 J/[cm.sup.2]), also of 20 minutes duration, were performed on days 8, 10, and 12.

and btw...also in this study 20*60 s (treatment time in seconds)*0,105 W/s (output)= 126 J (energy)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
UltimaRatio,wave
Welcome to EDS, I see this is your first post. I just wanted to mention to you that this information is not by me it is from the Lightstim company owner Steve Marchese. I wouldn't have the background to do more more than post this information. I am sure Steve would be glad to discuss this information with you.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |