Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
The light still rest on the skin even though the lights are recessed a little more. I have used the Lightstim for a year, before that I have used several other lights. I never had the as much of a change in my skin with the other lights but I definitely did with the lightstim when I took the pictures back in Feb. My pictures were taken after three -four months of use....I was using the light 5 days a week and using the green tea prior to treatments. I later went into maintenance phase. I now have picked back up with more intense treatments with the new light and this time I am using the serum that Lightstim will be carrying. I used the serum on the under eye area mainly....I have the most improvement especially in the under eye area....the rest is looking good but the under eye area has the marked improvement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby, the results on your forehead after your first 3-4 months of use are amazing...did you keep the same look after you reduced your 'AALS time' to maintainance?

i know Steve had originally told me when i purchased (and later returned) the AALS 2 years ago that he had used it on only one side of his face and had eliminated a line near his mouth(don't remember if it was nl) on the side he had used the device on (one of the reasons i went againsr my own intution to use it less often for my own skin type was because i was trying to duplicate his results)...

anyway i guess this device like all skincare tools/products..works dif with each individual person...

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
i'm thinking for me (only because i am ultra 'responsive') if i try again i'll try first only on my neck and hands and then slowly for 1/2 minute a section on my face building up... when it feels appropriate...to more time.. and only using it several times a week at first...and see what happens. I am currently extremely happy with the total overall look of my skin(it's either due to the ageless secret product i've been using or some miracle..honestly can't fathom it right now)..but still have wrinkles.. i would especially like to support (potentially) creating more collagen under my eyes...and forehead.. and giving still more suppleness to my skin...trying to figure if this device is worth it or not to me!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes the forehead has stayed looking good as long as I do the maintenance...but if I get slack which I did in the summer I start to see some wrinkling coming back....it reminds be to get back on track. Just a note I also use the Safetox on a maintenance which helps the forehead muscle lay flat. My forehead wrinkles were severe and from childhood so I imagine I will always have to stay on top of it.

jasminerosey, I understand when you can have something that creates an issue for you when it seems to work well for so many others. I had a real bad experience with cps when most others were having rave reviews. It is important to listen to your body and know what to back off of.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I own and had tried several other lights (Tanda, Prolight Platinum and mom’s Quasar).

The only one that I found truly effective is Lightstim. I had seen a dramatic difference in my skin - color, much more even, better tone and clarity, and wrinkles (11s in my case, and one cross one under eye - nothing worked except Tanda Red and Lightstim).

While I could not care less whether a celebrity does or does not use the product, I do care a lot whether it is effective for me and so very few things are (I had a negative reaction to CPs, STOP – did not do anything good for me, etc.).

IMHO the pretreatment product is of utmost importance as well (and Kassy's worked the best for my skin).

To summarize – Lightstim is one of the best anti-ageing products currently available imho.

So far I bought one for myself, bought one for my mother and am planning to get another one for myself to shorten the treatment time. I am also looking to possibly get a Blue Lightstim, since I plan to start the electrolysis and have a very reactive skin.

Big Thank You to Kassy and Toby!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Toby, any more info on Steve's new serum that he will be selling? Do you know the ingredients in it?

Here ya go Riley;

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Water (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate-20 (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl-Tetrapeptide-7, Saccharide Isomerate, Water (and) Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (and) Tripeptide-10 Citrulline (and) Tripeptide-1 (and) Lecithin (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Carbomer (and) Triethanolamine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, *** Ergothioneine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Tromethamine.

A little more information on Steve's serum:

"Water (Aqua), Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tripeptide-10 Citrulline, Tripeptide-1, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine" noted above in the ingredients list is known as trylagen™ and is produced by Lipotec. You can read more about it here:

http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/D-Trylagen%20S.pdf

The LightStim Collagen Peptide Serum is available from Steve directly. The cost is $69.95 for 1 oz.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I own and had tried several other lights (Tanda, Prolight Platinum and mom’s Quasar).

The only one that I found truly effective is Lightstim. I had seen a dramatic difference in my skin - color, much more even, better tone and clarity, and wrinkles (11s in my case, and one cross one under eye - nothing worked except Tanda Red and Lightstim)

For those of us over 50 anything that improves color & tone...takes away sallowness and gives a more lasting glow, is in itself worthwhile.
It's not that huge of an investment. You can easily spend that am't on a cream or serum and have to keep re-purchasing. Anyways, that's how I'm looking at it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

A little more information on Steve's serum:

"Water (Aqua), Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tripeptide-10 Citrulline, Tripeptide-1, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine" noted above in the ingredients list is known as trylagen™

On all the databases I pull up on Triethanolamine AKA TEA I find massive warnings? Am I missing something here?

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/?objectid=070B6081-91FD-C657-D4DB0A226B92C06B

Triethanolamine is widely used in the manufacturing of household detergents and polishes, textiles, agricultural herbicides, mineral and vegetable oils, paraffin and waxes, pharmaceutical ointments, petroleum demulsifiers, synthetic resins, plasticizers, adhesives, and sealants. It is used as a chemical intermediate for anionic and nonionic surfactants, a vulcanization accelerator, a humectant and softening agent and in many other industrial applications. The National Cancer Institute nominated triethanolamine for study because of its widespread use in cosmetics and other consumer products, its high potential for worker exposure due to its many industrial uses, and its potential for conversion to the carcinogen N-nitrosodiethanolamine. Previous 3-month and 2-year studies of triethanolamine were conducted by the National Toxicology Program in F344/N rats and B6C3F1 mice; results from the 2-year rat study indicated equivocal evidence of carcinogenic activity based on a marginal increase in the incidence of renal tubule adenoma (NTP, 1991). Interpretation of the results from the 2-year study in mice was complicated by Helicobacter hepaticus infection, prompting a repeat 2-year study in mice. Male and female B6C3F1 mice received triethanolamine (greater than 99% pure) by dermal application for 2 years; a study of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion was performed in additional mice. Genetic toxicology studies were conducted in Salmonella typhimurium, cultured Chinese hamster ovary cells, Drosophila melanogaster, and mouse peripheral blood erythrocytes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

The LightStim Collagen Peptide Serum is available from Steve directly. The cost is $69.95 for 1 oz.

I saw the serum on the site, but I believe you have to order it over the phone as I didn't see anywhere that is could be ordered on line.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I saw the serum on the site, but I believe you have to order it over the phone as I didn't see anywhere that is could be ordered on line.

I noticed that too - not very user-friendly for international buyers.

Regarding adding other ingredients/actives into the serum - this is from the website:

Quote:
Lightstim Collagen Peptide Serum
Enhances the benefits of Lightstim
2 years in testing and development
Formulated specifically for use with Lightstim

Personally, I would be uncomfortable tampering with something that has been especially formulated for a specific use. If Lightstim has outlayed the dollars for two years of R&D to produce a serum that enhances the effects of its product, one would have to presume that they had produced the optimum serum for that purpose.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone (who ordered the lightstim from QVC) called Steve and asked about the free serum?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't call but did send an email. The person who responded didn't know anything about it. I emailed Steve but no response yet.

Cindy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Has anyone (who ordered the lightstim from QVC) called Steve and asked about the free serum?

I sent an email. The response was that there wasn't to be a Free Serum Crying or Very sad ... They did say they would give EDS members 10% off. ( Rolling Eyes ).... Was hoping for free... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I'm sure the freebies are endless in the celebrity realm. Maybe Steve will make it on Oprah. That would be a great boost for him. He did do a great job on the QVC channel as far as I could tell - that was my first time ever watching. It was quite the fast and furious event.... I almost blinked and it was SOLD OUT,

Question for Lacy: Do you have an LED or ever used one? Sorry if you've already answered this - thread is so long I easily may have missed it.

I have watched QVC HSN &SNBC, in the past and things sell out in the blink of an eye all the time so that's no shock.

Why does it matter if someone has or hasn't used a product? I was under the impression that members are free to post politely their opinions and or facts on all threads? Smile

I am not a TV person at all so I have no idea about such things as QVC and selling out quickly or not quickly. Just my observation as a one time experience.

And it is a skincare forum and yes we certainly can post... Also we are free to inquire as to use of products. Happens all the time! I asked the question of Lacy - it was certainly in the context. Didn't mean to ruffle you:| .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
It takes a lot more than that to ruffle me believe me Sis! I just know we all post on threads about products that we may never use or may be interested in. No offense taken at all! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Regarding adding other ingredients/actives into the serum - this is from the website:

Quote:
Lightstim Collagen Peptide Serum
Enhances the benefits of Lightstim
2 years in testing and development
Formulated specifically for use with Lightstim

Personally, I would be uncomfortable tampering with something that has been especially formulated for a specific use. If Lightstim has outlayed the dollars for two years of R&D to
produce a serum that enhances the effects of its product, one would have to presume that they had produced the optimum serum for that
purpose.

I agree totally, to be honest I am not fond of the idea of adding to pre-made products aside from DIY base creams. You may be altering ph, amount of buffering agents and a number of unknowns. It's just a bad idea IMHO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
The clip that we had before of the Lightstim airing on "The Doctor's" is not working....I found it has been tweaked to this.
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/2191

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I received my lightStim today. I will take some before pics. Tonight I will do my first treatment. It seems very well made and is comfortable to hold. Luckily, I don't have many lines except for horizontal forehead lines and some crepey lines around my eye area. It seems like it will be easy to use while I'm at the computer, reading, or watching TV. After I have used it long enough to see some results I will post a review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
cmayes71,
I know you are excited about getting your light...I remember getting my first lightstim last year at this time. Kassy started this thread and she is away helping with family but I would expect her words to you would be to make sure you exfoliate your skin well so the light can really penetrate well. By the way did you order your light from QVC or the Lightstim website?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, I purchased mine from QVC. I'm very excited about it. I've been wanting one for awhile now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I just read the QVC link that Toby shared on another thread and just think it's important to clarify this for newbie's to LED's.

It's being advertised for treatment of "periorbital wrinkles", but please don't just use it on the eye area. (Maybe being approved as a "medical" device by the FDA makes the rules more stringent for what it can be advertised for.. Confused )I dunno Very Happy

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

Anyhoo, just want to make sure that anybody who uses or buys this (or any good) LED, spreads the goodness around to your; face, neck, decollete and hands.. Very Happy

*Just another thought for those who know and trust me here; the QVC price of $244.56 (today) with 3 flex pays and free shipping is sick*... And yes, I'm ordering another one!* Unlike you guys, I have the advantage of knowing what his *gift* is for those who purchase with the QVC launch, and it's an honest to God really nice deal for those who were contemplating an LED.

Later Kiddies Very Happy

Is this the gift we need to call Steve in order to receive. (Didn't someone call to find out there wasn't a gift?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
If EDS members bought the Lightstim on QVC then call Steve and see what he may have for you... Wink Wink Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
When I got my LightStim yesterday, I tested it on the tops of my hands. I didn't expect anything to happen after one treatment. Looking at my hands today, the skin looks more plump and less transparent and veiny. I'm 39 years old, btw. I hope it works as well on my face. I meant to use it on my face last night but had so much to do that I didn't get around to it. My skin is pale and kind of thin. I have a little hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and some fine lines/crepeyness. Hopefully the LightStim will help with some of this.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Just one quick question:

Is there some age limit for this device perhaps? After reading all of these positive results from the other members, I got one LightStim myself. However, since I'm in my late twenties, and using it to correct some initial lines and sag, is it okay for me to use the device 3 to 4 times a week? Or should I use it less frequently?

TIA
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I would contact Lightstim...When in doubt with any device I never hesitate to contact the company(the Lightstim people are very helpful). My thought is you would be fine...but I am not an expert on the light...just a happy user! Dancing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |