Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Creamcheese 123
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Toby

Would like to ask a couple of questions . You seem the best person to ask!

Will Steve be offering the old units at a discount clearance price after the new ones are on the market in January?Do you know how he plans to unload the older model?

In the pictures the units differ in the handle very much. One has ridges to fit the contour of the hand. The other is smooth and may be conducive to slowly creeping down.

Is there a preference in handle design that you prefer. Are both handles equal in comfort? Generally, I like handles with the grip-ridges feature. I have this design in different gadgets that I have and I like it better. Just curious about you.

I don't own an AALS ,YET!!! But as soon as QVC gets them back in stock I will add to my arsenal.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Please call Steve and ask about the old model, I really don't know his plan. I like the new Lightstim and don't find not having the grip mold to be a problem at all. The device is very light weight and a grip would not be necessary. My vote is for you to go with the new model off of QVC....I also like the recess lights.

I would go ahead and place an order with QVC so you can get the special price.....you never know when they will stop that introductory price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Steve about the concern on the ingredient in the serum...he in turn emailed the chemist and this is the response...

THERE IS NO TRIETHANOLAMINE IN THE FORMULA. WE USED TROMETHAMINE Trade name (Tris Amino). Completely different! Completely safe!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I emailed Steve about the concern on the ingredient in the serum...he in turn emailed the chemist and this is the response...

THERE IS NO TRIETHANOLAMINE IN THE FORMULA. WE USED TROMETHAMINE Trade name (Tris Amino). Completely different! Completely safe!

Ingredient names are aways confusing to me once they get past 6 letters. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Please call Steve and ask about the old model, I really don't know his plan. I like the new Lightstim and don't find not having the grip mold to be a problem at all. The device is very light weight and a grip would not be necessary. My vote is for you to go with the new model off of QVC....I also like the recess lights.

I would go ahead and place an order with QVC so you can get the special price.....you never know when they will stop that introductory price.

I agree with Toby, the price may go up and/or you may lose the option of easy pay and free shipping. There is a waitlist but you can still order it now.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Since I have never used the older model I can't comment on it. I have the QVC lightstim and I love the design of it. It's very comfortable to hold and very lightweight. The price and the easypay is fantastic. I like the placement of the lights. Some said they are more recessed on the new model. If I place it on my skin there are no bulb marks from the LEDs.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I have done as instructed and placed my order on the waiting list. When it comes to frantically trying to find the fountain of youth, I become mesmerized and will do the bidding of any beauty Svengali like Frodo and Toby. Your wish is my command , it is done.
Besides, what right minded American women would not want to get the added freeshipping and discount, on top of the maybe-possibility-could be-fountain-of-youth-in-a-LED-light? You don't need to be hypnotized for that! *LOL*
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
also if you purchase it from QVC now there is an added month to return it if need be...instead of the usual 30 day return policy....cause of the holiday gift season.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
cute post, Creamcheese!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang if I had this many arms I would buy a Lightstim and put one on each arm and "get with the program" LaughingI would probably do a boogie dance with it!Image

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
About Cyclomethicone, I find it strange the explanation given by the authors at LS of the serum because of this:
http://www.3dchem.com/molecules.asp?ID=315

'Cyclomethicone is used as a base solvent to blend with fragrance oils and perfume oils. Cyclomethicone is a clear, odorless silicone. It leaves a silky-smooth feel when sprayed on the skin. Ideal for body sprays, lotions creams, bath salts, hair care, linen sprays etc. Cyclomethicone stays completely blended and crystal clear without shaking.

Cyclomethicones are unmodified silicones that possess a cyclical structure rather than the chain structures of dimethyl silicones. Low heat of vaporization and the ability to select a desired vapor pressure has led their use as cosmetic vehicles. Unmodified silicones stay on or near the surface of the skin. Not only are the molecules too big to physically enter past the upper living cells, they associate with the upper layer of drying skin but they also cannot penetrate cell membranes due to their large size.

Cyclomethicones evaporate quickly after helping to carry oils into the top layer of epidermis. From there, they may be absorbed by the skin. Cyclomethicones perform a similar function in hair care products by helping nutrients enter the hair shaft.

Formal Chemical Name (IUPAC)
2,2,4,4,6,6,8,8,10,10-decamethyl-1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,10-pentaoxapentasilecane'

Why say its genetically modified when it seems ok by itself? And how do you genetically modify a silicone?

Just asking again.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I checked on one ingredient but hadn't seen the question about this other one. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Ladies,

Can I apply Retin A right after doing AALS or should I wait for some time?

Thanks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Ladies,

Can I apply Retin A right after doing AALS or should I wait for some time?

Thanks.

I wouldn't apply it whilst your face is still flushed from the treatment - wait about 30 mins or so, that's what I do.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
An amusing thought just coursed through my mind. Imagine me with my Safetox on my forehead, my Slendertone on my cheeks, my neck slimmer being anchored by my chin to my chest, my Slendertone Abs belt wrapped snuggly around my waist, an AAlS in each hand, (I ordered 2) topped off with my bright red lipstick.

Now, follow me, I walk into an audition for a Xena Warrior part! I , also am armed with my a confident I-know- that-my-wrinkles-are non-existent-fierce- attitude.

Don't be so sure I wouldn't get the role , I'm certainly equipped for it!

Imagine further as the villain approaches , I turn on My LightStim six shooters in each hand and zap the alien creature into beautyland! Smile LOL.

Forgive me , I'm drinking my morning coffee and I had nothing better to do, but to dream. , about the arrival of me LEDS.
pineapple
5% products discount

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
OMG you'll probably think I'm nuts, but I need some advice!
I bought the AALS from QVC and have used it 3 times so far. I read it was ok to use over the mouth and it seemed fine the first couple of times, but have managed to burn my tongue and one place on my lip has swollen Embarassed
Also, does anyone have any advice how to do your nose?! The head of the light is pretty big so shining it towards the nose means light everywhere!
I did see the pictures, but still expected the lights to be recessed so that no light escaped round the frame.
Advice very much appreciated, thank you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
pineapple wrote:
OMG you'll probably think I'm nuts, but I need some advice!
I bought the AALS from QVC and have used it 3 times so far. I read it was ok to use over the mouth and it seemed fine the first couple of times, but have managed to burn my tongue and one place on my lip has swollen Embarassed
Also, does anyone have any advice how to do your nose?! The head of the light is pretty big so shining it towards the nose means light everywhere!
I did see the pictures, but still expected the lights to be recessed so that no light escaped round the frame.
Advice very much appreciated, thank you.

How have you burnt your tongue? Have you been licking the device? Shock I use the AALS over my lips (mouth closed!) and have never had an issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using the light for three minutes one each spot I don't see how it is possible to burn any part of the body using it three minutes. Did you happen to over do the time?

5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I meant to put I had my mouth shut as I knew somebody would come up with that!! And no licking either!

Toby you may be right. When it happened I had been trying to work out how to do my nose and had light going everywhere. How do I avoid that? There must be a simple way as the ladies here have used it for some time now and I haven't read any mention of anyone getting creative making a "shield" for the light.

Do any of you have any tips, like the best starting point for instance? I am starting to wonder if I'm doing it backwards as I start from the neck up and I bet you start from the top down Laughing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Your skin must be sensitive to have some swelling. I know I have fallen asleep with the light and that is why I have to have a timer going....it beeps and keeps me awake...the light is so soothing. I haven't ever had any burn or swelling though. I am not exact on the coverage of the light, probably don't think about my nose too much...someone else might have more exact on how they cover the areas.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I put the light up against one side of my nose for a couple of minutes and then on the other side. I too have very sensitive skin and have to be very careful about my cheeks when I do this. I find the best thing to do is rotate the light and move it up and down just a bit so that any one bulb is not in the same spot for too long. I have burned myself as well doing this so just start with one minute and see what is best for you. My cheeks are also very sensitive and I have to start the light in that area, (when it is cooler), and then move to my nose and so on. I will also turn the light off and then start again if it is not comfortable in a certain spot. The light is very comforting but it does burn my skin if I am not very careful.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
as i have posted, the lights have burned my skin also ...my cheek as well is especialy sensitive. i did buy the light again from QVC and use it lightly only one time on my face...(rotating the lights in the area) and got..in the same gneral area as i first burned it a couple of years ago..a line going in a circumference in an area about 1& 1/2 " around... but more expanded... than the smaller area (the size of one led) that i had burned at that time...that was a more serious burn but smaller than the circular line i now have ... which has faded somewhat since it happened about a week ago from a reddish color to a light brown color ...i did use an antioxidant serum...and was careful w/the heatof the device...

meanwhule i do like the effect(accept for being burned!!!!)...and was only burned again in the same area i was last time..so may experiment with only constantly moving the led ..and using it only on the other side of my face where..up to now..i've had no mishaps.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
or i might be sane...and just return it!

(hard to..as i'm an experimenter at heart..and believe this device can be effective if used correctly for each individual skin type..including those of us who are ultra 'responsive')

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey and others with sensitive skin, This is such a good example of how different we all are. I have gone way over the three min. with the light and never had any issues whatsoever. I am glad you guys are posting to give a boarder perspective of usage.
On another note,my husband is not someone to even use a moisturizer, but he watched the video clips of the Lightstim on the Doctors and QVC and I think he was impressed with Steve. Afterwards he asked if he could start using the light and I nearly dropped dead Laughing So now when he watches the news in his easy chair, with his favorite pup by his side, he's sporting the Lightstim around his eyes!!When my sons come by they will think I have ruined him Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
i love the story about your husband Toby....and i can just image the family scene w/him and his beauty light and your sons!

meanwhile i just tried the lightstim again since i posted a few minutes ago (haven't used it for a week since my mishap) and am realizing that for me..not Putting the light directly on my skin (even though the more recessed model does not leave the imprint of the led's on your face like the old one could have a tendency to at first..at least for some of us) but holding it about an inch away from my skin (i still feel the light intensity) and constantly moving it to different areas of my face...

i think this is going to be the answer for me.at least for a while...and i can still feel a tingling in my face ( so i think i will still get results this way.

also, Pineapple, when i held it this way over my mouth (which included the area between my mouth and my nose) the warmth felt more intense than on other parts of my face...even my cheeks...interesting to me because of the experience that you had.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |