Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add that i think i used the light this way a total of 3 minutes for my whole face and neck...i will post on this thread if i see/feel improvements thru using it this way...

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
pineapple wrote:
I meant to put I had my mouth shut as I knew somebody would come up with that!! And no licking either!

As I've stated earlier, LEDs are used in humidicribs on premature babies who surely must have the most sensitive of skin. They are also used to relieve and heal burns. Therefore, I cannot possible imagine how anybody has burnt themselves using an LED. However, if you believe that your tongue has become burnt from using the light over your mouth - I would stop using it immediately. Have you emailed Steve about this. I would be interested to hear his opinion. But I definitely can't see the point of using a device on the skin that might possibly give you a burn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Steve at Lightstim has been working with hospitals on large LED light devices to treat wounds and even MRSA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
i def bekieve it can be healing for mrsa..i have had an unhealed small'something' on the side of my nose for a while which i got while visitng my parents assisted living facility (not my idea that they are living there by the way!) and i feel it may have been some kind of staph infection picked up from one the residents (who are really not well at all)....vey small to begin with ..and it's been healing w/clay and goldenseal anyway.. but after last week's session with the AALS (depite the marks on my face) i noticed that the infection was really dried up..it's still there but just literally a pinprick.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Does the lightstim help with deep hyperpigmentation?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:09 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

Why say its genetically modified when it seems ok by itself? And how do you genetically modify a silicone?

My bad Embarassed ... In my haste to get out the door last week, I was hurriedly writing the post, and forgot one teeny word; NON

The ingredient is derived from non-genetically modified corn plants.. (Think corn starch.. Laughing )

Oh, and in regard to the "trethanolamine" someone asked about. 15 components make up the ingredient "Trylagen", and TEA is 13th on the list.. I wouldn't be too concerned with it though, since it is MUCH less than you will find in the well loved Skinceuticals C, E + FA. And I'm sure they certainly don't want to poison those who are shelling out the big $$$'s

For those interested, 'Trylagen' boosts the synthesis of collagen types I, III and IV, controls collagen fibril dimensions and inhibits enzymatic destruction, avoiding excessive collagen damage in aged skin.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Creamcheese 123
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Gee, jasminerosey, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the LightStim. I know that every gadget ,cream and doo-hickey that I buy to stave off the dreaded march of time , is always waited for with anticipation and hope.

One reads the glowing results and in her heart of hearts wants the same. I'm sure your disappointment meant something to you this past week. I emapathize.

My rule (self-imposed) is if something aggravates, worsens , exacerbates or causes a reaction, I STOP!

I learned my lesson from the School of Hard Knocks a good while ago. On second thought , make that the School of Hard Stupidity. (mine). I was using a 5mhz ultrasound device on my frightful underarm hang.(5mhz being the most non invasive or non penetrating)
I figured I'd do this before using it on my face. ( It was fortuitous that I did) After a week I noticed the skin draping more, but I said ,"Its my imagination"
I continued , with an obsession of ridding myself of these blights .At the end of 2 weeks the fat loss under my arm was so noticeable that my flabbiness swayed in the wind as I walked! They looked like wings made of chicken skin! YUK!! I was devastated and mad at myself. My main worry was could I correct it? With time I was able too. It took weeks upon weeks , meanwhile I made sure I wore long sleeves. You can see I learned my lesson. I practice religiously the rule I made for myself.

This is just the two cent philosophy of a weary "wrinkle warrioress". *LOL*
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Creamcheese,

I totally relate to the 'School of Hard Stupidity' (oh if only it pertained to my skincare adventures and not other aspects of my life as well!)

So...I now would never use the AALS 'as directed' (for my situation) for exactly the reasons you expressed...but i think/feel it is one of those kind of situations were it's wise not to 'throw the baby out w/the bath water'..

so for now.. i think i'm going to continue to experiment with holding it the inch or two away from my skin and moving it continually, for around a total of 3 minutes for my whole face/neck area.

(one of the major benefits of being ultra 'responsive' is that a little goes a long long way..so i suspect i'll get results this way were others who have more 'normal' skin never would)

ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed that the new lightstims are warmer than the older ones? Or is it just the ones I have? I don't know if my older lightstim is fading away so to speak or the technology in the new ones is different.

Like Jasminerosy I noticed that the lightstim can help with skin problems. I have a small nickle size patch of exzcema on my leg that I've had for years that stays away with regular use of the lightstim. When I forget to use the lightstim on it for a few weeks it comes back.

Also Creamcheese, what did you do to correct your arms after using the ultrasound on them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed that the new light gets any warmer than my older one and I use them together. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
OK, this is my last post regarding my new adventures w/the AALS.

Today i looked in the mirror while doing my 3 minute AALS procedure..and because i was holding the device away from my skin, i could see the lights as they reflected on the surface of my skin..

and i suppose, because i gave myself that intuitive/meditative freedom to use so little of the light and just 'be'with the outcome...feel how the lights effected me vibrationally... sense if my skin/psyche is open to them or not...

i realized that my me/my skin does not like the 'heat' of the red/amber color (which of course are energy waves)..the colors(and the corresponding energy waves) are just too 'hot' for what my skin needs (and i'm not speaking about the feeling of warmth created by the device..but the 'heat'of the color/waves themselves)

I just need something'cooler' for my skin like the energy waves created by violet or blue or something like that..with maybe, ideally, a little bit of yellowy-orangey added sometime...but def not red.

so i'm going to look into that for myself...

i wonder if the 'violet ray' actually emits a violet color?

i remember reading a few years ago that the energy wave of the color in leds (and that's how we measure led activity, right..by it's energy wave)needs to be appropriate for the skin of the individual user so that the user's skin is regenerated and not damaged.

anyway it's been enlightening and re-affirmingfor me to have gone through this process and come out the other end more connected still to who i am.

ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasmine, You could have the LED man make you a custom array. Just be sure it's the wavelength not the heat that is bothering you as a lot of devices even in the cooler or lower wavelengths put out major heat. The amber LED device he made me is great but gets hot and I have to keep it away from my skin after a few minutes. Good luck on your search, I find it interesting what you posted so please - keep us informed and enlightened!

jasminerosey wrote:

Today i looked in the mirror while doing my 3 minute AALS procedure..and because i was holding the device away from my skin, i could see the lights as they reflected on the surface of my skin..

and i suppose, because i gave myself that intuitive/meditative freedom to use so little of the light and just 'be'with the outcome...feel how the lights effected me vibrationally... sense if my skin/psyche is open to them or not...

i realized that my me/my skin does not like the 'heat' of the red/amber color (which of course are energy waves)..the colors(and the corresponding energy waves) are just too 'hot' for what my skin needs (and i'm not speaking about the feeling of warmth created by the device..but the 'heat'of the color/waves themselves)

I just need something'cooler' for my skin like the energy waves created by violet or blue or something like that..with maybe, ideally, a little bit of yellowy-orangey added sometime...but def not red.

i remember reading a few years ago that the energy wave of the color in leds (and that's how we measure led activity, right..by it's energy wave)needs to be appropriate for the skin of the individual user so that the user's skin is regenerated and not damaged.

anyway it's been enlightening and re-affirmingfor me to have gone through this process and come out the other end more connected still to who i am.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Jas, I'm so sorry the LED isn't working out well for you. I didn't read further back, so I'm not sure if this is a brand new purchase for you, but if it is, I honestly think you should return it for a refund.

Have you checked out the DPL unit that Nanci (NCN) carries? It's a stand up unit, which lets you keep a comfortable distance from it, and I believe an entire face treatment is about 10 minutes. The wavelengths are 660nm (red) and 880nm (infrared), but I'm quite sure it doesn't generate anywhere near the heat of a handheld LED, which rests directly on the skin. Check it out here;

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/anti-aging-products/dpl-therapy-photo-rejuvenation-light.html?keyword=DPL

I honestly swear by my LED's, and wish that everyone could enjoy the same benefits I have realized.

For the record, I find this new LS model generates a little more warmth than my 2 other Anti-Aging models. I would compare the heat factor to my 'Original' (red/infrared) that I started with 3 years ago. With that said I would also offer that I enjoy the increased warmth, but others might not care for it. (My arthritic knee and neck really love it too... Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
For the record, I find this new LS model generates a little more warmth than my 2 other Anti-Aging models. I would compare the heat factor to my 'Original' (red/infrared) that I started with 3 years ago. With that said I would also offer that I enjoy the increased warmth, but others might not care for it. (My arthritic knee and neck really love it too... Laughing )

I thought the specifications for the new Lightstim were exactly the same as the old model. If that is correct, they should be generating exactly the same amount of heat. Or could it be that less light is escaping from the newer model?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Have you checked out the DPL unit that Nanci (NCN) carries? It's a stand up unit, which lets you keep a comfortable distance from it, and I believe an entire face treatment is about 10 minutes. The wavelengths are 660nm (red) and 880nm (infrared), but I'm quite sure it doesn't generate anywhere near the heat of a handheld LED, which rests directly on the skin. Check it out here;

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/anti-aging-products/dpl-therapy-photo-rejuvenation-light.html?keyword=DPL

I think the DPL is primarily infrared light, and only a few red lights. A free-standing model may be better for JR, but she is looking for purple/blue lights (which are for acne treatments I believe).

Edited to add: Jellen states that the DPL Therapy System has 154 infrared LEDs, and 20 red LED diodes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
JasmineRosey - wasn't there some discussion on the Ageless Secrete Gold thread about using the serum with the AALS because it can be enhanced by heat. Have you tried using the AALS after applying ASG?

5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
entYou Go ,jasminerosey. I see you plan to graduate from School of Hard Stupidity.

You know there are sooooo many LED devices out there that I'm confident you can find one that suits you.
The back order from QVC for my LightStim is taking to long for my inclination for instant gratification. I'm a true 21st century American! I think I'll take myself off the QVC waiting list.

I'm mulling over ,(after your observations, and Toby also noticing the extra heat) of getting a different LED apparatus.

I have researched to many Leds to even remember their names. However the WARP 10 and the one from Sota the Light- something (name escapes me right now, a senior moment) Have me interested.

I'm going to wait on this investment to make the right choice. I wish you well on your hunt and keep us informed.

Toby, what I did to help the "wings' was I had to build more muscle bulk than I normally carry. I'm afraid that at my age things do not "unhappen" i.e., spring back. Any damage or error at this point in my skin care can become irreversible , with all the changes that have taken place. I still look in the mirror and wonder who's that lady wearing my close!LOL

I lift weights, so I know that muscle acts like the Kleenex in our bras as teens. It puffs the skin out. I already had defined arms, but I knew that its smoke and mirrors, over that muscle was flab. That's why I used the ultrasound. I figured that would be an ideal place to test drive.

I simply had no recourse but to put more muscle on. This was a lot of work that I had NOT planned to undertake. But for my stupidity. Had I stopped when I noticed,I would not have to worry about NOT springing back or even forward!.I corrected most of it.

I couldn't put ALL the muscle I needed, just couldn't, too much of an investment in energy and time! So if my arm turns a certain way you can see this small piece of obscene skin crinkled and hanging, its right near the arm pit. Usually remains hidden. But other than that glitch, I do not have "old lady arms" ,as I use to call them when I was younger!

I just make sure to be conscientious that I don't put my arm in that particular position, too, often. If I do I contract the muscle so I fill out the skin. ( Its the Kleenex principle at work.) To get rid of that much sag without surgery is a difficult enterprise. I'm lucky to have discovered the joys of body building. I consider it a beauty routine.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
Does the lightstim help with deep hyperpigmentation?

I don't think there is a cut and dry yes/no answer to this.. I think each individual will have different results, based on many factors.

My *opinion* is this: If you are committed to consistent treatments, and also incorporate actives that are appropriate for addressing hyper-pigmentation, you could probably expect a *lightening* up of existing spots. If you are an outdoorsy person, who spends lots of time in the sun, (protected or otherwise), then you are just adding insult to injury and probably will not see any improvement.

What I am most certain of, (based on my own personal experience), is that you will probably not see many *new* spots on the areas you consistently treat. I tend to freckle, and not only did I get rid of the few I had, but I haven't got any new ones at all.. You should also know that I live in sunny Florida, and am probably the only person on the forum who doesn't use sunscreen regularly...

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I thought the specifications for the new Lightstim were exactly the same as the old model. If that is correct, they should be generating exactly the same amount of heat. Or could it be that less light is escaping from the newer model?

The specs are exactly the same, as is the power supply. The only changes are the smaller, lighter base/handle, and the diodes are recessed perhaps 1/8th of an inch deeper. (I didn't measure this, but I put lots of pictures a few pages back with this fairly visible.)

I should also clarify it's only a *little* warmer, and not even noticeable until it's been on for a while.

Toby said she doesn't notice any difference, so maybe it wasn't even worth my mentioning it.. Embarassed

ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I do notice the difference in the heat of the new and older lightstims, but like Kassy says, it's mostly noticeable when they have been on for a while. I like the heat so it doesn't bother me. Maybe after time the older lightstims lose some of their strength, I don't know, it's a noticeable but small difference. I have noticed also that brown spots seem lighter overall. It's that time of year when there's not much sun so I don't know if they're just fading from lack of sun exposure. My arms certainly do look better. I'm taking pictures tomorrow so I can document what is happening.

Kassy_A wrote:
The specs are exactly the same, as is the power supply. The only changes are the smaller, lighter base/handle, and the diodes are recessed perhaps 1/8th of an inch deeper. (I didn't measure this, but I put lots of pictures a few pages back with this fairly visible.)

I should also clarify it's only a *little* warmer, and not even noticeable until it's been on for a while.

Toby said she doesn't notice any difference, so maybe it wasn't even worth my mentioning it.. Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know why the previous post of mine didn't put Kassys words in "quote". It's her words from the second paragraph on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to say that i feel that the AALS is really an incredible/ almost magical device...it's just not quite right for me...what's frustrating is that it's 'almost' right..i can feel it's quality and power...and so i want to keep trying it ..even though it's not quite what i am 'looking' for (meaning my subconscious/psyche...which is what i think inwardly results in what outwardly works for.. or 'matches' us....independent of what our conscious mind would like it to be)

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if this is a major stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway Smile .. the "new" lightstim from QVC - this is the AALS and not the old "original" light stim repackaged? That's how I'm understanding it. Does not say AALS on package.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is the updated lightstim from what I understand. I love it. I'm using the new serum. It's awesome! I really think it boosts the results of the lightstim. It absorbs quickly and leaves my face feeling nice and tighter. It's a very nice serum. I took pics of my face so hopefully over time I will see some nice results. I use my clarisonic beforehand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Creamcheese, I'm surprised a 5 MHz ultrasound melted the fat under your arm. Like you said, it penetrates the skin the least. When I hear people say things like this, it frightens me a bit because I use ultrasound on my face. This topic has been brought up before on this forum. Maybe you had a defective device. I really wonder how this could have happened.
Quote:
I learned my lesson from the School of Hard Knocks a good while ago. On second thought , make that the School of Hard Stupidity. (mine). I was using a 5mhz ultrasound device on my frightful underarm hang.(5mhz being the most non invasive or non penetrating)
I figured I'd do this before using it on my face. ( It was fortuitous that I did) After a week I noticed the skin draping more, but I said ,"Its my imagination"
I continued , with an obsession of ridding myself of these blights .At the end of 2 weeks the fat loss under my arm was so noticeable that my flabbiness swayed in the wind as I walked! They looked like wings made of chicken skin! YUK!! I was devastated and mad at myself. My main worry was could I correct it? With time I was able too. It took weeks upon weeks , meanwhile I made sure I wore long sleeves. You can see I learned my lesson. I practice religiously the rule I made for myself.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |