Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
BTW - does anyone know if Stevie is manufacturing the LED device for HSN? I thought he was because it looks almost identical to the new Lightstim.

I wondered about that too. The light on the HSN has:

16 Amber (605nm) LEDs
16 Red (630nm) LEDs
16 Red (660nm) LEDs
16 Infrared (855nm) LEDs.

72 total LEDs in the light, with a 3-1/2" head. These LED diodes match the Anti-Aging LightStim device, and the QVC LED device. They claim it is made in the USA, with the goggles and adapter made in China. All of this information leads me to believe that their light is manufactured by LightStim, but I could be wrong about that. I always thought Steve was the only one to develop the technology to have 3 different coloured lights in one LED device. For more information, you can watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALN_exF1Sg&feature=youtube_gdata

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!

Here's my 1st thought... If there's shenanigans going on between LS, QVC and/or HSN, they will not get it by the smart folks of EDS forum Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin (We are way too savvy for that!)

@DM, I'll definitely email Steve, (ask him to take a look at the resent posts on this thread, and I'll post his response.)

@Keliu, Laughing Laughing Laughing ... I agree with you (and all), it definitely warrants more investigation. I'll see what I can find out.

As for the comfort factor, and comparing the two devices, here's how I feel about it.

- I like the 'new' handle because it's shorter and easier to hold and navigate around tight spots. (I especially love the ease of use all around the neck.) I just find it more comfy.

- I also like the increased heat the new model generates simply because I prefer the heat factor. (It's not a tremendous difference, but it is a noticeable difference once the light has been on more than 15 minutes (ish).

- I am liking the 'new' shorter handle, because it's just a little more comfortable to maneuver all in all.

With all that said, I would also offer (and it's only MHO), that I think the original AALS just looks + feels like a better quality to me. I honestly think though, that this is a totally personal opinion, and everybody will see/feel this differently.

I don't quite understand why the new model is generating more heat, but my guess is because the diodes are a bit more recessed, and the *casing/handle* are smaller and lighter. This is just a total guess on my part though. (The *heads* are identical in every way except for the tiny difference with the diodes being a bit more recessed.) I posted pictures a few pages back so take a look at those. Maybe you'll see a difference that I missed..

Final thoughts at this point for me:

- I DON'T think this "new" model would give any better results than the original AALS. So for those who have the original, you aren't missing anything really.

- For me, I like having 2 devices to use simultaneously, because it makes all the difference, and I can actually get my treatments in twice a week. (40 minutes X two, is a no brainer, compared to 90 minutes for one device.) Confused I like to treat face, neck, decollete and hands, so that is time consuming with just one device.

- Bottom line for me is this regarding the LS LED's. I would never be without mine, and I have purchased two of each. (I have the original/therapy (red/infrared), two of the original AALS (red/infrared/amber) and now two of the new model. I have also purchased the anti acne light which I gave my niece for a gift and the rosacea light which I gave to my brother in law for a gift.

I honestly believe in the power of the LED's, to give folks a much better skin than they would have without using it. For me it's a no brainer use at home device.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
fmvalentina wrote:
BTW - does anyone know if Stevie is manufacturing the LED device for HSN? I thought he was because it looks almost identical to the new Lightstim.

I wondered about that too. The light on the HSN has:

16 Amber (605nm) LEDs
16 Red (630nm) LEDs
16 Red (660nm) LEDs
16 Infrared (855nm) LEDs.

72 total LEDs in the light, with a 3-1/2" head. These LED diodes match the Anti-Aging LightStim device, and the QVC LED device. They claim it is made in the USA, with the goggles and adapter made in China. All of this information leads me to believe that their light is manufactured by LightStim, but I could be wrong about that. I always thought Steve was the only one to develop the technology to have 3 different coloured lights in one LED device. For more information, you can watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALN_exF1Sg&feature=youtube_gdata

That is absolutely the LightStim device. The only thing that comes to mind for me is that since LS got FDA approval for treating wrinkles, now company's are jumping on the bandwagon to sell it.

Steve must be doing a happy dance ... Dancing Dancing Dancing

ETA: I just looked at the link Lacey.. I'm sure it's manufactured by LS as you said.. (FDA cleared, same specs exactly, and even the same price as QVC. The handle/mold looks more like the original AALS.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
LOL. Next stop SHOPNBC??? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone wants to try out the HSN version, play their $100K game linked at the top of the home page. Its very easy to win a code for 15% off.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LMAO!

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Perhaps! But I would be happy if they marketed this device through The Shopping Channel (which is the Canadian home shopping channel). As of now we don't have any LED devices on TSC, unlike you Americans which can now get one from either QVC or HSN. Time for Steve to venture into the international market IMO. If I recall correctly, the inventors of the LightStim are from Vancouver, Canada so it seems like a logical business decision to market it north of the border.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully they have something in the works to market in Canada in the near future. It would make good business sense. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
If anyone wants to try out the HSN version, play their $100K game linked at the top of the home page. Its very easy to win a code for 15% off.

You must have the golden touch because I have played their games more times than I can count and all I get is "sorry" maybe next time". My answer under my breath, kma!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
fmvalentina wrote:

You must have the golden touch because I have played their games more times than I can count and all I get is "sorry" maybe next time". My answer under my breath, kma!

I must:) LOL! I have a bunch of coupons, if you want to email me I'll send you one.
havana8

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
As of now we don't have any LED devices on TSC, unlike you Americans which can now get one from either QVC or HSN.

I think TSC has the Tanda.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:

I know the AALS (old version) is the LED that Osmosis sells as theirs. I would imaging this is being sold by many companies who are calling it "theirs".
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Which serum would be more effective with the device? HSN serum, Steve's serum or just using copper peptides? TIA!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried HSN's brand but i have tried Steve's and it rocks. Since Steve has been in the light business for some time and has been investigating serums to enhance the light I think what he is carrying now it top notch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an email reply from Steve regarding a few of the questions raised yesterday... Hope this helps!

Hi Kat,

I'm traveling and have very little time but wanted to get back with you. You can post this if you want to. Hopefully it will help.

1. We made a special offer to anybody on EDS that bought the new light on the launch date (Nov.29th) ONLY. That was was Pam's post said originally. Since then we instituted the 20% off for EDS members. If somebody bought on the actual launch, I am more than happy to take care of them.

2. We made the new mold for the "LightStim for Wrinkles" because the marketing and PR people said we had to have something that looked more feminine and sexy for the retail market. Also, the original model is designed better for an estheticians or doctor to use on another person, whereas the new "LightStim for Wrinkles" is ergonomically designed to be held by someone giving themselves a treatment. Any forum members that have bought the new model and like the old one better, are more than welcome to call us and we will trade them for the old one. We just want people to be happy and satisfied.

3. I have always been honest and tried to be as helpful as possible to the EDS forum members. I am going to ask that they trust me on this one. I will comment on the HSN thing in about 4 to 6 months form now. For now, just know that NOBODY has as a better LED light than the "LightStim for Wrinkles" or the original model (which we will always continue to offer for sale).

4. Last, LightStim has some incredible surprises in store for 2011 (besides QVC) that will make LightStim a household name around the world). And I promise to let the EDS members know about them before anybody else.

Best, Steve

On a personal note, I'd just say that any questions I ever had for Steve were addressed within hours (weekend or otherwise.) I really value and appreciate this kind of CS...

And now back to "The Walking Dead" marathon on AMC... Laughing Later Very Happy

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
4. Last, LightStim has some incredible surprises in store for 2011 (besides QVC) that will make LightStim a household name around the world). And I promise to let the EDS members know about them before anybody else.

Oh, oh, that's plural. Shall we start guessing?

I agree too about Steve's customer service.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
3. I have always been honest and tried to be as helpful as possible to the EDS forum members. I am going to ask that they trust me on this one. I will comment on the HSN thing in about 4 to 6 months form now. For now, just know that NOBODY has as a better LED light than the "LightStim for Wrinkles" or the original model (which we will always continue to offer for sale).

Wonder what all that means? I also have no complaints about Steve's integrity and CS - he's always gone above and beyond in my experience.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Do you think the 20% off for EDS members would be applied to the serum? I really want to get it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Do you think the 20% off for EDS members would be applied to the serum? I really want to get it.

I don't believe it is. I enquired about the serum because the website does not offer international shipping - my reply stated that they could send me the serum, but there was no mention of a discount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
okay..i've really been using the AALS a lot the last few days...i am now even using it over my right eye..and right lower cheek area..(and even ventured to pass the light a few times over my right upper cheek where the led damage occurred) and have experienced no further damage to my skin..and more and more smoothness..so i would say i am now an AALS 'convert'...

i have been spraying the Ageless Secret (original and Gold)frequently while i 'AALS'...and i do believe that is aiding in the smoothness..but whatever it is..i am happy to finally have this hightly regarded toOl as a beauty allie.

i even told my dh about it..he said he had no interest in 'these kind of things' but would use it if it made me happy. (he's such a sweetie!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
brenda8012

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Perhaps! But I would be happy if they marketed this device through The Shopping Channel (which is the Canadian home shopping channel). As of now we don't have any LED devices on TSC, unlike you Americans which can now get one from either QVC or HSN. Time for Steve to venture into the international market IMO. If I recall correctly, the inventors of the LightStim are from Vancouver, Canada so it seems like a logical business decision to market it north of the border.

I just checked out ebay and did notice one there. Good price, I think. Looks like the same LightStim LED light too. It says shipping is worldwide....so that would include north of the border, right? Wink Just a thought. I have the Anti-Aging light and I just love it! It was worth every penny!!
AndreaT

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hallo, I have found this on
heelspurs com

Skin: Wrinkles, Acne, Scars, and Spots
Simple LED devices for use at home do not work on wrinkles, aging, or scars. Wrinkles are old, fixated collagen, like scars. LEDs repair recent injuries in cells that need more energy. This is the only way they work. There is no reason to believe this will reduce existing scars or wrinkles. Pictures of wrinkles before and after are not comparable because the angle of the lighting and the amount of smiling drastically changes things. I have often explained this to elderly women, but they do not believe me. They are not able to distinguish facts and science from company web sites that just want their money. I found only one journal article (see below) that indicated simple red and infrared light energy can help.

Low Power Devices for wrinkles and aging:
This article reported red (633 nm at 126 J/cm^2) and near-infrared (850 nm at 66 J/cm^2) for two treatments per week for 5 weeks resulted in 67% of the patients reporting good to excellent results. Using sunscreen and two mirrors, you can face the noon-time summer sun for 1 hour 4 times a week to get the same treatment. An $8 PAR38 75 W halogen light from WalMart can also do it in an hour for one side of the face.
There's an FDA-approved "Titan" device that uses strong infrared to tighten skin, available only through a doctor.
I saw an article claiming pulsed blue was good for wrinkles, but the research was so bad, I'm not providing the link.
See also non-ablative below (medium power devices that require a doctor visit)

Anybody know about these low power devices? Thank you
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the link from heelspurs.com

http://heelspurs.com/led.html

It makes for some interesting reading. Note this paragraph mentioning how melatonin levels affect infared light. It seems to me it's saying it would be best used during the daylight hours:
Quote:
Evolution Theory Support: There are 5 indications that the benefit of red and near-infrared light is not an accident, but a highly "intelligent" and natural result of evolution. The indications are: 1) The proton pump is the last in a series of 3 pumps which places it in possibly the best location to pull the food conversion process along by "pushing" the final electrons through the chain. This creates electrostatic pull on the electrons further back in the chain. 2) The pump absorbs primarily the red and near-infrared light and the remaining sunlight wavelengths are blocked by water and blood. 3) The pump is the primary absorber of these wavelengths in the body, very roughly about 35%. 4) Oxygenated hemoglobin has a very sharp decline in it's ability to absorb red and near-infrared which indicates hemoglobin evolved specifically to allow these wavelengths to pass through. The CCO pump has a longer evolutionary history than hemoglobin because it was inherited from bacteria that formed the symbiotic relationship in mitochondria. Decendents of these bacteria still exist as purple bacteria which are used in most research on the CCO pump. 5) Night-time levels of melatonin, but not day-time levels, have been shown by Tiina Karu to completely inhibit the positive effects of infrared light. This indicates that melatonin and its wide swings over 24 hours could have evolved to not inhibit the benefits of sunlight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can't resist, how does this apply to those who live far far from the equator where you have 6 months of daylight and 6 months of night??? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
i remember reading that info from heelspur a few years ago when i was beginning my LED journey

several things come to my mind..one is..i'm always concerned about potential damage to my skin..so would be wary about the halogen light till others had tried it...( although there's another adventurous part of me that wants to immediately experiment w/it...so although i'm not going to do that..i hope someone else..perhaps younger..will!)

the second thing that comes to my mind is that i know i'm not expecting wrinkle reduction personally...and would be satisfied w/the even smoother look it's contributing to currently(although i do have to be very careful about dehydrating my skin w/it)...but what i would hope for is that it will stimulate more collagen production...which will contribute to a younger look in the future...or keeping the 'younger look' i now have with perhaps less wrinkles in the future..

what do the long time AALS users have to say baout keeping more wrinkles at bay?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |