Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley and Lacy for posting that to begin with, thread hopping and I managed to miss that! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Lightstim is at all effective for reducing the 11s between the eyes?

Also, Kassy, can you please comment about whether the 20% Matrixyl 3000 serum that NCN sells is a good serum (this is what I currently have)? I know your totally awesome post on serums essentially said "any good serum will do," but I'm such a newbie I need a little extra validation on it. Embarassed

My skincare regimen right now is using a glycolic facial wash (MD Forte), some toner, NCNs: lemon peel bioferment (for some hyperpigmentation), CP Serum (copper peptides), the Matrixyl serum, all-trans retinol 2% and when I feel dryer, the rejuvenating face oil (a combo of jojoba, avocado, etc. oils). Would you suggest using the Lightstim after using the bioferment, copper peptide and serum, then wiping off before the LED tx... OR applying those things afterwards...

Thanks!!!

* I have only slight 11's (when frowning), and haven't noticed any change.

* NCN's matrixyl serum is wonderful stuff!

* If you are having positive results from "CP's", by all means use them in your pre LED serum.. (For instance; one or two drops mixed into a little of NCN's serum, plus a couple of drops of distilled water would work nicely for you. Just apply to your clean, exfoliated face and let it fully absorb for a while. (30 minutes to an hour work well for most of my pre treatment ventures. And then I just wipe with a damp cloth prior to my treatment. For me, it's what I believe works best!)

* Your overall regime looks really nice. You have some of the best powerhouses working for ya.

In my experience, the simplest things have turned out to be the most rewarding.

Have fun!

Kassy, huge thanks for your feedback! The glow of your complexion is incredible! That and the firmness of your cheeks! I'm trying facial exercises to what I've already listed - but as yet my lower face, especially, still looks "melted" if you know what I mean. Very little tone despite facial exercises since August. I am in the process of switching from one regimen to another since I'm not quite having the positive results I'm looking for yet.

That said, you mentioned "if I'm having good results from CPs..." actually, I'm not sure! I want to believe I am, but to be very honest, my skin looks almost the same as when I was using the Topix brand of 15% glycolic acid and antioxidant combo cream - a much cheaper alternative to all I'm currently doing.

If things don't perk up, I suspect I will go back to my old standby. I do seem to respond best to glycolic although I've read how it's important not to use it long term(??) I sometimes wonder if the strength of the CP serum is simply not strong enough... or if it just doesn't work for some skin types?

Finally... do you think the Lightstim will help with increasing facial tone? In other words, perhaps your firmness is more genetic than something I can actually change in my own face...

Either way, I will certainly try my best to improve what I can.

Thank you again for your insight. Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
When I started with this forum in 2007 Kassy was posting sometime that year between 2007-2008 about her dramatic improvement with the Lightstim. She had pictures posted of the décolleté, neck, and neck to jaw (befores and afters). I was blown away and immediately went to work checking out LED lights. Although my first purchase wasn't Lightstim I eventually ended up getting one last year. I turned around and bought the second to shorten treatment time. She has posted pictures of her hands that are truly amazing as well.So for those newbies here that didn't see her befores and afters....just know they were great testimonies of what the light can do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the thread with the discussion on serums to use with the AALS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Nobody can deny that Kassy looks absolutely fabulous - and no-one is trying to. (Cudos to Kassy!) However, I think the discussion on the use of serums with LED treatments is most pertinent because people are becoming confused about what to use. Some people do spend allot of money on serums only to be told that they are not suitable to be used with an LED.

I thought that the Estee Lauder/Tanda Patent dispelled allot of those myths - and I did read the whole thing. I only cut and pasted the relevant paragraphs that related to so called occlusive ingredients. Everyone is quite capable of reading the Patent themselves and drawing their own conclusions.

For more pertinent information on what is occlusive to light - see the thread above.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Further to wiping serums off the face prior to LED treatments - we have, in the past, had some interesting discussions on the penetration ability of products. I think it was Barefootgirl who posted some very interesting information on this. The general consensus of opinion is that it is quite difficult to get products to penetrate down to the dermis (hence the concept of using a Dermaroller). And the question of whether to incorporate a penetration enhancer into our DIY serums was raised.

So bearing in mind what we have learnt about product penetration, I just can't imagine that one hour is enough time to let a product penetrate. That's why it is advised to apply actives at night where they have a chance to "soak" into the skin whilst the body is at rest.

I am at present trialling the Osmosis Stemfactor. At $US90.00 that is allot more than I usually spend on topicals (bearing in mind that I usually DIY). There is no way that I'm going to slap this stuff on my face and wipe it off an hour later. I'd rather throw the money down the drain. If you are so worried about serums blocking light (something that I think is nonsense) then I would imagine that it would be far more prudent (and economical) to just use the LED on bare skin and apply the serum afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if just using glycolic acid before a LED treatment would enhance the process? The one I'm using now is essentially water based - I shake the bottle and it feels as if tingly water is being put on my skin (MD Forte). Absorbs fairly instantly and there is nothing really left to wipe off. Usually I have to use a moisturizer afterwards because my skin can feel too dry... But I also believe it is stronger this way.

In that sense, it may be that no waiting time is necessary? I don't know...

I remember in esthetician school we were told that any serum applied to the skin first would help with product penetration... even toner helped because it restored the skin's pH after cleansing and when your pH is off, nothing short of an acid or something mechanical is going to penetrate...

Just food for thought...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

A few of you know me personally, and several of you are Facebook and Skype *friends*. Because of that you know that if I post a picture it is the real deal, and hokus pokus (or hiding behind an alias) is not what I'm about. In short I am what I am and have nothing to hide. I'm no glamour girl. I couldn't care less about designer anything. I own one or two lip glosses and occasionally put some clear lash conditioner on my eyelashes. I've had a broken nose for the last 30 something years that was never a priority to do something about. I have no lips to speak of, my entire tooth structure is crooked from a bout of meningitis that had me in an 8 day coma in my youth. And last but not least the dreaded sag is *trying* to take over.. Laughing

So with all that said, it's only right that those of you who don't know me, can at least give me the benefit of the doubt, and perhaps believe that by God, the things that I've shared here are indeed doing what I claim. As I said before, "I'm no glamour girl", but I'm fairly confident that I don't look like the typical 60 year old, who has smoked for 46 years. And NO, I haven't had any type of cosmetic procedure at all. I'm having too much fun seeing how well I can hold back the aging clock on my own. If I ever do make that appointment though, I assure you it will be to fix my poor crooked nose, so I can breath through it.. Laughing

Me + Mr Kassy (Oct 2010. He's 64 and not a good listener, cute non the less )

Image Very Happy

The Grandson's and I (Oct 2010.. I put this in so you can see my skin enjoys the same glow as their's.

So that's what you get from me; no secrets, no lies, no drama and hopefully no confusion. As always, take it or leave it alone...

BIG hugs,
Kathy Very Happy

Darn it! These went down quick. Fortunately, I have seen a pic of Kassy and can attest to her fantasitic skin! (And not a "non-glamour girl" at that, just the opposite). There's no way you look 60 - take a decade or so off of that one.

And where are the smoker's lines if you've smoked for that long??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
A little update on my used of the AALS. I've been using it since Feb. of this year.

I've used it mostly to help diminish post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks in the beginning as its anti-inflammatory actions seem to work pretty well for that.

In last few months, I have been using it more consistently (yes, consistance works best) and have used it both with a treatment serum before or on freshly cleansed skin. My treatment serum of choice is a CP one - either Skin Signals Serum or Super CP. My skin seems to be responding very positively to this system.

I have also experimented using a cream based CP and that seems to produce good results as well.

I do let the serums soak in about 15 minutes before using the AALS and I don't wipe any remnants off. I want the LED to help the CPs penetrate better (think I read this somewhere in the past??). When I've used a cream, I let that penetrate about an hour before using the LED, just in case.

The AALS is not the only gadget I use, but having just recently started using it consistently, it seems to have added to a nicer look to my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my 1st session with the AALS. It gets very warm, not hot, but much warmer than the Prolight ever got. Also, it is SO bright that is really hurt my eyes! However, after using it, I am pretty shocked how soft my skin is! I used it on bare skin for the first use.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same experience with the Lightstim....brighter than the prolight and I wasn't sure about my eyes. But now a year later I am so addicted and my skin is so much creamer and glowing from use. It is a relaxing way to end the day! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I had the same experience with the Lightstim....brighter than the prolight and I wasn't sure about my eyes. But now a year later I am so addicted and my skin is so much creamer and glowing from use. It is a relaxing way to end the day! Wink

Good to know you felt the same at first, Toby! Here is hoping that my skin gets the glow, as well! Very Happy
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on pins and needles... Placed my QVC order and now must wait wait wait... Planned date of arrival: 12/24.

I needs me some Santa LED!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my.....this looks like a Merry Christmas gift to you!Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Good to know you felt the same at first, Toby! Here is hoping that my skin gets the glow, as well! Very Happy

Riley - are you going to give the ASG a try with the AALS?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I am going on my 3rd week of using the Lightstim and I just started doing the Tanaka massage. I have been regularly doing FE/Maggio since Sept. I think the lightstim and massage kicked everything up a notch. My face looks like it did several years ago. I'm not kidding! I was starting to get that fleshy older person look, but it seems like the massage took the puffiness away and the lightstim has tightened everything up. I would never have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. I am trying to lose some extra pounds and my fear was that my face would sag. But with this current routiine, I think it will keep my face off the floor once I get to goal. Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
I am going on my 3rd week of using the Lightstim and I just started doing the Tanaka massage. I have been regularly doing FE/Maggio since Sept. I think the lightstim and massage kicked everything up a notch. My face looks like it did several years ago. I'm not kidding! I was starting to get that fleshy older person look, but it seems like the massage took the puffiness away and the lightstim has tightened everything up. I would never have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. I am trying to lose some extra pounds and my fear was that my face would sag. But with this current routiine, I think it will keep my face off the floor once I get to goal. Laughing

Swissmom - I'm glad that you're so happy with your results. But this is what I don't understand - I can't see how skin can tighten in three weeks. I've just has Sculptra injections for skin tightening and have to go back to the doctor in four weeks for assessment. But the doctor told me that I won't see any visible results for a few months - because that's how long it takes to build new collagen. Now that is what the AALS is supposed to do, stimulate the growth of collagen. So I can never understand it when people get such instant improvements - and I don't Sad

I've mentioned before how ashamed of my skin I was - that was what brought me to this Forum in the first place. Through everything I've done, I'm not ashamed of it anymore - and I'm sure the AALS has contributed to the improvement. (I've already said that the doctor was very pleased with my skin and collagen levels).

But I'd love to see some instant gratification like everyone else - but maybe it's because I really won't be happy until I look in the mirror and see Cameron Diaz staring back at me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu Very Happy The lightstim and the massage are the only things I have added. Now I have been using retin a for at least 10 yrs. now for anti aging purposes and I've used serums even longer than that. I've also lived like a vampire all my life so I have no issues with sun damage, lol.

I've done facial exercises on and off for almost ten yrs. and in the past I've eaten a very good natural foods diet. I am also in my late forties.

So keeping all that in mind, the lightstim and massage just kicked things up a notch. Could it be the result of the message that took away my puffiness, so now my skin looks tighter? I don't know. I have to say that after only my first week on the lightstim, my face looked better. I really can't explain it. And I agree, it may not be collegen kicking in yet, but something good is happening.

(((Hugs))) I know it is frustraing. And for the record, even after all I do, I don't look like Cindy Crawford. LOL! I hope this answers your question, but honestly I really can't explain the changes and I wouldn't have believed it a few weeks ago!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Riley - are you going to give the ASG a try with the AALS?

Nope. I actually stopped using that product this week as it did nothing for me at all. Interestingly I got an email from Jim last night telling me to watch my mail for a refund check (I did not ask for this!). Apparently, he feels in reading my posts that I would "best be served" by them refunding my money!! Almost felt like I was being pushed out of some exclusive club. Rolling Eyes
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:

Swissmom, In my own random way, I think I am following in your footsteps! I am about to start the Maggio exercises (I already have FE) and I'm getting the Lightstim soon. I never tried the Tanaka massage. I love, love the idea of a lymph massage - but it always seemed too complicated. Your positive report encouraged me to take a look at the YouTube video and I am surprised by how doable it really is. Just by following along with the model, my face feels as if its glowing right now! Putting the right elements together in a way that works best is a real trial and error. It's hard to not be discouraged sometimes, yet I think those diappointments allow us to find our true path. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Luminosity! You will be so amazed with the massage. I also thought it would be too complicated to learn and the thread was so long about it that I didn't take the time to look. When I finally did see the video and followed along, I found it to be so easy.

Sometimes I laugh at myself with all the crazy things I do for beauty, but you know when I moved back to the states several years ago I started working on my house. I spent long hours with renovations so I let my diet/exercise and beauty routine slide. Well not only did I pack on 40 lbs. but I actually looked, well, old. Like a woman who gave up! I was all puffy with bags under my eyes. I was losing my looks in a very short time. Not to mention that not only did I look like hell, but I started to get all of the aches and pains of middleage. I truly thought I was immune and/or it was genetics that kept me so youthful in my forties. Well I was very wrong.

The takehome message for me is that if I want to smile when I look in the mirror, I better not be lazy in my beauty routine. So some women scrapbook,quilt, or knit. I became my own favorite hobby, lol! My hobby is my beauty routine and I will never let it slide again! I thought that all that I was doing was just enhancing my genetic gifts. HAH! Was I wrong. Everything was an improvement. At least I got the benefit to see what I look without payng attention to myself. It's scary. So I bless critic for introducing us to Tanaka massage and bless all these wonderful women for their lightstim testimonials.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
I became my own favorite hobby, lol!

That is too funny Laughing I should pinch that and put it in my signature line! I used to be such a creative person - now all I do is try to create something different about my face!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Swissmom wrote:
I became my own favorite hobby, lol!

That is too funny Laughing I should pinch that and put it in my signature line! I used to be such a creative person - now all I do is try to create something different about my face!

Laughing Feel free to do so! Sorry I got off topic in my prior post, but I'm so happy that something is working for the better.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Hi Luminosity! You will be so amazed with the massage. I also thought it would be too complicated to learn and the thread was so long about it that I didn't take the time to look. When I finally did see the video and followed along, I found it to be so easy.

Sometimes I laugh at myself with all the crazy things I do for beauty, but you know when I moved back to the states several years ago I started working on my house. I spent long hours with renovations so I let my diet/exercise and beauty routine slide. Well not only did I pack on 40 lbs. but I actually looked, well, old. Like a woman who gave up! I was all puffy with bags under my eyes. I was losing my looks in a very short time. Not to mention that not only did I look like hell, but I started to get all of the aches and pains of middleage. I truly thought I was immune and/or it was genetics that kept me so youthful in my forties. Well I was very wrong.

The takehome message for me is that if I want to smile when I look in the mirror, I better not be lazy in my beauty routine. So some women scrapbook,quilt, or knit. I became my own favorite hobby, lol! My hobby is my beauty routine and I will never let it slide again! I thought that all that I was doing was just enhancing my genetic gifts. HAH! Was I wrong. Everything was an improvement. At least I got the benefit to see what I look without payng attention to myself. It's scary. So I bless critic for introducing us to Tanaka massage and bless all these wonderful women for their lightstim testimonials.

The knowledge here on EDS is so incredible. And I think it's rather awesome that you are your own favorite hobby, lol. I can relate... the older I get the better I feel about myself.

Just a quick question - when do you do the Tanaka massage? I'm going to receive Maggio's dvd sometime next week and I'm trying to decide when to do the massage and when to do the facial exercises. The only "con" against doing it in the morning is that the use of oil or cream in the massage can get in my hair. Before work, that wouldn't be so great. Plus, once I get the Lightstim, I need to work that into my day as well!

Any thoughts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I work from home so I do everything in the morning after I exercise. You can maybe use a head band to keep your hair back or just do it at night. I know several of the ladies do the massage morning and night. I just do it once a day, in the morning.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
I work from home so I do everything in the morning after I exercise. You can maybe use a head band to keep your hair back or just do it at night. I know several of the ladies do the massage morning and night. I just do it once a day, in the morning.

I use oil to cleanse and have a nice sized collection of headbands (inexpensive drugstore brands) and the work like a charm to not only keep oil out of my hair, but water I use to rinse and my skincare products as well! Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |