Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to hearing your views Galgallaimh. I live in the UK so for me it would be expensive to buy from US we get charged quite a hefty customs fee.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Well, after having read and reread this thread I also finally braved my pocket and bought a light stim. I bought the pain relief one as I have pain issues I wanted to deal with too.
I got mine on ebay for £166.
it has only been used once so I thought why not.
I have also used it on my face every day for about a week now.
Hopefully I havent fried my face skin using a pain relief on my face as well as where the pain is!
But I cant believe it my face is somehow better!
Its slightly clearer less dry feels a little dewy!
Does that make sense?
My face has changed faster than the pain relief, amazing not quite sure I can truly believe it but I am not stopping, cant wait to see what long term use will be!
Somehow dont feel such an old bag, summers coming and we are all going to be Glowing!!!
galgallaimh
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Looking forward to hearing your views Galgallaimh. I live in the UK so for me it would be expensive to buy from US we get charged quite a hefty customs fee.

I probably will too. Its hit and miss with the customs, hopefully it will be a miss this time!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
galgallaimh wrote:
Zelda wrote:

I probably will too. Its hit and miss with the customs, hopefully it will be a miss this time!

I sure hope it comes through without customs interference. It's happened to me a few times. Confused

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased my AALS and it arrived yesterday. Before this I had been using the Evis MD Red Light device for a couple months - which I absolutely LOVE. It gives me the clearest complexion. After reading gobs of info here - I decided to upgrade to the AALS because of the amber lights. We'll see how it goes. So far I noticed it doesn't get as warm, but the head is much bigger than the evis which makes for less treatment overall time. It may take some time - I didn't have that skin glow this morning like I usually do with the evis, the morning after treatment.

I wish it had the timer like the evis does. I have to keep my eye on the clock for this one.

But I'm definitely excited about my new skin device! I love this forum - I don't post much but read tons here! You all are great!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
SugarJolt wrote:
I just purchased my AALS and it arrived yesterday. Before this I had been using the Evis MD Red Light device for a couple months - which I absolutely LOVE. It gives me the clearest complexion. After reading gobs of info here - I decided to upgrade to the AALS because of the amber lights. We'll see how it goes. So far I noticed it doesn't get as warm, but the head is much bigger than the evis which makes for less treatment overall time. It may take some time - I didn't have that skin glow this morning like I usually do with the evis, the morning after treatment.

I wish it had the timer like the evis does. I have to keep my eye on the clock for this one.

But I'm definitely excited about my new skin device! I love this forum - I don't post much but read tons here! You all are great!

Hi Sugarjolt,
I will be interested to hear how the AALS and Evis red compare. I have the Evis and have just started using it so I haven't noticed any changes at this point. Thanks!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, first post here. I have had the older LightStim for a couple of years, but was never consistent with it. After reading every post on this thread over the past week, i decided to take the plunge and get another one so i can cut my treatment time in half and actually use the thing. I just bought a new model from QVC and used both last night. Impressions: (1) they both seemed to heat up to the same temp and (2) it is much easier tomuse the new model around the eye area. The light is more contained and I can keep both eyes open as I use the LS. So, what I did was use the new model around one eye while using the older model elsewhere on my face, switching hands as needed.

One more thing: I've found that if the device
gets too hot for my comfort, I simply switch it off for about 15-30 seconds and it cools right down. Then I use it again. I didn't find any posts about this in the thread - most people seem to enjoy the heat, I guess - but I go back and forth about how I feel applying that much heat to my skin.

I am a little bummed as I am moving next week,
so I can't start taking photos here yet if I want to stay consistent in the room/lighting.

Anyway, thank you to all the posters who took the time to give reviews over the years! I am impressed with the dedication to this forum.

39 y.o. Low carb. Brunette, oily hearty skin, thick wavy hair, high cheekbones, hereditary hollows/dark circles, 11s. Perricone, Isomers, Philosophy, Skin Actives, Lightstim, Nutritone. Sagger, not sinker. My mother has sagged quite a bit at 60, but she's skinny and used Noxema as a leave-on cream for 20 years. :-0
oneproudmom

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm finally ready to get off the fence and purchase a LightStim. My only remaining problem is which one? I am, right now, mostly concerned about my acne. Of course, wrinkles, sagging, dullness, etc., are also a problem. I've read many glowing reviews of the AALS, but nothing about the Acne LightStim. At $329 each (on the LightStim website), buying both is out of the question right now. Anyone have experience with the Acne LightStim? I see that it has red lights as well, but I don't see anti aging listed as an effect of the Acne LightStim. I seem to recall reading that the AALS helps with acne too, but is it enough for very bothersome hormonal acne? Does anyone know where I can buy one cheaper? Any specials for buying both?
SugarJolt

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kims - I am a huge fan of my Evis MD! After the first couple uses I would wake up in the morning with the most beautiful glowing skin. I have a feeling you will love that LED.

My second day with the AA lightstim - I notice that my skin is a little drier - does that mean it's working better? Perhaps the lights (or with the addition of amber) are just stronger than what I've been use to.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing results with this thing!

LED has proven to work for me more than any skin care cream or active ever has, and it's a soothing relaxing treatment to do in the evening.

Oneproudmom - I got my AALS on ebay, I spent 220 or so, it was new - although the thing with Ebay is I can't return it if it malfunctions, so you may be better off buying directly from the Lightstim site.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:29 am      Reply with quote
SugarJolt wrote:
Kims - I am a huge fan of my Evis MD! After the first couple uses I would wake up in the morning with the most beautiful glowing skin. I have a feeling you will love that LED.

My second day with the AA lightstim - I notice that my skin is a little drier - does that mean it's working better? Perhaps the lights (or with the addition of amber) are just stronger than what I've been use to.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing results with this thing!

LED has proven to work for me more than any skin care cream or active ever has, and it's a soothing relaxing treatment to do in the evening.

Oneproudmom - I got my AALS on ebay, I spent 220 or so, it was new - although the thing with Ebay is I can't return it if it malfunctions, so you may be better off buying directly from the Lightstim site.

Thanks, Sugarjolt. Did you (or are you) using any pre-treatment serum with the Evis?

Also, it seems that when I check Ebay for an AALS, I rarely find one.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:19 am      Reply with quote
oneproudmom wrote:
I'm finally ready to get off the fence and purchase a LightStim. My only remaining problem is which one? I am, right now, mostly concerned about my acne. Of course, wrinkles, sagging, dullness, etc., are also a problem. I've read many glowing reviews of the AALS, but nothing about the Acne LightStim. At $329 each (on the LightStim website), buying both is out of the question right now. Anyone have experience with the Acne LightStim? I see that it has red lights as well, but I don't see anti aging listed as an effect of the Acne LightStim. I seem to recall reading that the AALS helps with acne too, but is it enough for very bothersome hormonal acne? Does anyone know where I can buy one cheaper? Any specials for buying both?

I've had some serious hormonal acne problem in the past, but AALS helped me clear those. I still get occasional breakouts certain time of month, but far less than before. I've also started mitt exfoliation before AALS treatment (for serum to penetrate better) so maybe this helped as well.

HTH
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I hit the six week mark with my AALS, and I wanted to share my mixed results/journey. Plus I can't sleep so this gives me something to do. Rolling Eyes

I primarily purchased this because I feel like I'm beginning to experience a general lack of volume. Can't put my finger on it, I just look a little older this year. I feel I'm aging a little behind schedule anyway (no sun damage due to lifelong vampire like existance), so I wasn't sure I'd see any results at all. I became concerned this year when a vein underneath my eye appeared due to thinning skin there. Smile line reduction a plus but not a huge concern, its only on one side because I have a habit of smiling lopsided.

My routine is 4-5 times a week, and I do put the thing directly on my eye. I'm sure I will go blind eventually.

Week one- No changes to speak of. Moderate flushing of the cheeks that looks terrible for a couple hours. Found out the hard way that Kassy is right on the money when she says drink a BIG glass of water before a treatment, hello chapped lips and general dehydration.

Week two- No changes. Starting to experiment with topicals during treatment in hopes of triggering some sort of response.

Week three- Puffy eyes. I can probably rule out using oils as a treatment. Attempted to treat with my normal facial oil blend in hopes it would calm the redness during the treatment.

Week four- Attempt to mix green tea extract and water resulted in breakouts. I think its the glycerin base. Swapping this for steeped green tea in a spritzer works better. Redness subsided on its own as my skin becomes accustomed. I have a cold, hoping this will promote lymphatic drainage. It doesn't.

Week five- Breakouts healed, no faster than normal though. However, I got bit in the face by my bird, healed in near miraculous time with this thing. Added MSM to my green tea spritzer, skin texture looks fantastic for the first time during this experiment.

Week six- I see results. Nothing dramatic, but the skin under my eyes is visibly thickened. Vein is no longer visible unless I make certain expressions. Keeping MSM and green tea concoction. Maybe add another active. I am more than pleased with this, will continue to use this and report back on any other progress. Worth the money, I've been attempting to address this area with topicals since last summer to no avail.

5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 am      Reply with quote
My lightstim arrived along with a bill for €47.30 in import taxes. Disgusted. Anyway, I am using it every day and can't wait to see results. I have a pinky glow after I use it. I have taken before pictures and will take more in a months time. I had a scratch on my hand from gardening and I noticed its healing really fast so that is a good sign.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 'Ava with wings', you said, "Added MSM to my green tea spritzer, skin texture looks fantastic for the first time during this experiment.", very interested in knowing, learning 'how' did you add the MSM??
Thanks, hugs A.
sillybb

Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I spent hours to read this forum and trying to understand more about this product.. I am so excited about it and plan to buy one for my mother. QVC offers the lowest price $244 of Lightstim, but they told me they only had 30 days guaranteed. Does anyone know if any sales going on now?
sillybb

Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I am new and love this forum. Happy to see every one here is very supportive and helpful!!
I went ahead to order from AALS from QVC (they offered 60 days guaranteed). It will arrive next week. Hooray!!
I tried to use this to see if works, then I will give it to my mom who lives in other country. I am currently have hyper-pigment and dark spots on my cheeks and redden acne scars below my mouth and on my left temple, also some large pores on my nose and around, not to mention some redness (uneven tone) on my face. > <
Can anyone advise or correct if ok doing the following with AALS? Plan to do at night
1. Exfoliate with Clarisonic
2. LeaVe green tea on face for a little while (juice made from tea bag?)
3. Use AALS (3 minutes per spot)
4. Toner, Vitamin C serum and Clinique dark spot corrector

Thx a lot
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
sillybb wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new and love this forum. Happy to see every one here is very supportive and helpful!!
I went ahead to order from AALS from QVC (they offered 60 days guaranteed). It will arrive next week. Hooray!!
I tried to use this to see if works, then I will give it to my mom who lives in other country. I am currently have hyper-pigment and dark spots on my cheeks and redden acne scars below my mouth and on my left temple, also some large pores on my nose and around, not to mention some redness (uneven tone) on my face. > <
Can anyone advise or correct if ok doing the following with AALS? Plan to do at night
1. Exfoliate with Clarisonic
2. LeaVe green tea on face for a little while (juice made from tea bag?)
3. Use AALS (3 minutes per spot)
4. Toner, Vitamin C serum and Clinique dark spot corrector

Thx a lot

Welcome to the forum!

I'm just chiming in because I wanted to share that I don't expect you to have much success treating "dark spots", "acne scars" or "enlarged pores".. Well maybe you'll see a reduction of the look of pores, but the rest might be a disappointment.. Confused

Your treatment 'regime' looks good though, so you should expect to see some nice skin improvements as your treatments progress..

Realistically, with committed use, you can expect to enjoy;

* Smoother, softer skin than you ever had previously

* Firmer skin when the new collagen kicks in after a couple of months

* More even skin tone

* Healthier look and feel to your skin, and in my experience, a thicker, plumper + more robust skin

* Glowing skin, especially with consistent vitamin c serum use

Not sure if it's a sum of all totals, but I haven't had any dryness noted on my skin at all.. Prior to using the LED I did notice a dry, taut feeling after cleansing occasionally, and considered my skin to be dry/normal combo at that time... Now it's just completely normal with no signs of dryness at all. I also enjoy a very lovely glow, that even my grandkids notice and compliment.

To sum it up I'd simply say that I am continuing to see wonderful, albeit subtle, improvements in my skin.

With that said, I'd also have to say that if I hadn't been using this LED over the past nearly 4 years, I'm confident that I'd be singing a very sad tune indeed.

It without a doubt, brings the skin aging process close to a halt for me, and at 61 that's miracle enough for me.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sillybb

Wed May 04, 2011 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A,
Thanks for your quick response and comments. Smile I got some fine lines on my forehead and I will try on that area then.
Also, I use olive oil and lemon juice to apply on face to do Tanaka face massage every night. Should I use AALS before or after massage? I just want to make sure I don't put stuffs on the face at the wrong time. Thx ;P
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would do anything with oil AFTER you do your LED treatment..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sillybb

Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A,
You really are encyclopedia of beauty. Thanks a lot. Cool
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to share some information about a 90 day extended return policy that QVC now has on Lightstim.
I have a friend interested in buying a Lightstim and she didn't want to take the plunge unless there was adequate time to see if the Lightstim would work well for her. I had heard that there was now a 90 day return policy with QVC, but I wanted to email them to make sure. This is the response I got in asking about it.

Thank you for emailing QVC.

We are pleased to let you know that the LightStim return policy has been
extended to 90 days. We hope you'll feel confidant shopping with QVC.

It has been a pleasure assisting you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Fri May 06, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I wanted to share some information about a 90 day extended return policy that QVC now has on Lightstim.
I have a friend interested in buying a Lightstim and she didn't want to take the plunge unless there was adequate time to see if the Lightstim would work well for her. I had heard that there was now a 90 day return policy with QVC, but I wanted to email them to make sure. This is the response I got in asking about it.

Thank you for emailing QVC.

We are pleased to let you know that the LightStim return policy has been
extended to 90 days. We hope you'll feel confidant shopping with QVC.

It has been a pleasure assisting you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Great to hear that!! Very Happy
I need to change my plan then. I will cancel my order I just placed and order again in June because I will meet my mom in July and I can show it to her how this amusing AALS works...Spending six weeks there with my mom hope will be enough time to see some results with this magic wand... Laughing
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, How many times a week are you using the AALS? I started out using your protocol of five times a week for the first few months and then I cut back to three times a week for several months. The last six months I have only been using it twice a week. I gather from reading your posts that you don't think it should be used daily. Do you still feel this way? Thanks.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Atester - I take the capsules of MSM powder and crack them open. Dissolves somewhat well in water, I lack patience so mine is always kinda gritty. Wonder if I increase the temp if it would work better, thinking it will. I got the idea from some of the DIY forums, I saw some toners with MSM in it. I think of it like a poor-man's ASG (disclaimer - I've never tried the product).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ava With Wings! Very Happy I'd wondered if the MSM was sold in some form for DIY lotions and potions. I guess I'll give it a try see how powdering the tablet form I take will work.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |