Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Foxe...thanks for the input. Yeah, I have to say I am lucky about the uglies. Scary thought I could have had them and I don't think I would have handled that very well... I have such absorbent/dry skin I don't think one or two drops of CP diluted with water would cover one cheek!
So, is it ok to use the CP serum with the Stim every day or should I only use the CP with the Stim a few times a week? I am still on the daily mode with the Stim as I have only been using it since Dec 20th. I use a retinol (Green Cream) at night, so this would mean I would have to change my routine a bit and use the and Stim during the day to accommodate my CP....

bren - I don't know about using the Stim daily since I am not a user yet. I do know that the Green Cream has to be used at night since vit A degrades in sunlight. I think you may need to try the Stim and CPs in the AM for your new routine. Let us know how it goes after a month or so of daily use (if you go that route)

Another way to try it (but it lengthens your PM routine) is to give your Green Cream a wait time B4 applying CPs and then the AALS. Green Cream is pH sensitive and needs to be left alone on your skin at least 30 minutes or longer for it to work. After this time, you could apply another product, like the CPs. I have heard that Green Cream should rest more around 60 minutes for best results. AHAs and BHAs need 30 minutes. Retinoids (like Retin A, Tazorac,etc) should have closer to the 60 mins. This is just another alternative to try if you don't mind a longer PM routine.

For the amt of drops you use - go ahead and stick w/ the amt you've been using if you haven't had any issues like loosening or fine wrinkles coming up. That is the 'uglies'. Keep in mind, tho, that the CPs will bring up bad skin while it renews the skin underneath, so you might see this sometime anyway. Going slower will avoid this is all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
pierro wrote:
Kassy, do you know if the AALS will thicken the epidermis?

Kassy, do you know if the AALS will rebuild a damaged/nonexistent epidermis?The epidermis contains no collagen or fibroblasts.Many thanks!

Shock Shock Shock

I see this is your 1st post. Could you please elaborate a bit more... Like what is your medical situation, age, and anything else you can share that led you to form the above conclusions?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Foxe....I think I will start doing the Stim and CP's during the day time when I can. If I can't, I will do the GC a bit earlier in the evening and do the Stim before I go to bed.
Will see how it goes....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I actually had to return the aals as it dried and irritated my skin horribly. I believe, for me, the problem was that I used it every day for 4 days..and really should..for my skin..have used Rita, from Pro-Light's protocol of once a week or so. Anyway I have more to post about my experience...which was really not pleasant(although customer service has been wonderful)...but it will have to wait for a few days till I have more time.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Lindylass, when using the CP and Stim on your body, what is your protocol as far as exfoliating? What do you use? While I would LOVE to Stim the whole body, Laughing I am thinking of giving it a whirl on my abdomen where the "expulsion" of 3 children has left me with that lovely deflated balloon look! Rolling Eyes Nothing short of plastic surgery is the cure I realize but any help is good help as far as that area is concerned as forking over $8000+ is not written anywhere in my future!!

Jasmine....that is really too bad it didn't work for you. Yes, you will have to give us the lowdown on what all went wrong when you have time.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
omg..this is the second time i've spent an hour explaining my experience with aals..and losing it before it's posted..i think i'll just have to skip posting my experience..perhaps i still have to inwardly process it at a deeper level!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ahh Jasmine, you poor thing... My watched topics and email notification isn't working, and I'm sorry I couldn't help you out..

Just in case you decide to try a different device, just know it's very important to be well hydrated with plenty of water before treatment, because it really pumps up the lymphatic drainage.. Without proper hydration in and out, dry skin and irritation can be the result, because your lymph fluids are draining..

I know that LS says to use the light 'everyday', but I don't believe that's necessary. I never used it more than 4 or 5 times a week, and that was only in the first month.. Each persons skin is unique and different, and because of that, we all have to find the best protocol for us.

There are so many types of skincare devices out there these days, I'm sure you will find just the right ones for your particular needs... Don't give up the ship!

For me, the "STOP" device will probably be my next venture... 'Toby' and 'Mpstat' are having very nice results, very quickly, and I feel totally confident, in their recommendations.

Feel free to PM me anytime about anything you feel I could help you with... I'm so sorry your post vanished on you ... Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bren,
I just lost the last message I posted. I use 15 drops of the super cp serum per area-- one buttock, an arm and a breast, lower abs. The stronger the product you can afford to buy, the better; If I had the bucks to buy the strongest product, I would but that's $170 for 4 oz on the skinbiology website and that's insane. I exfoliate with nubby textured bath gloves and soap before treatment and use a dermabrasion kit too periodically. Also I use a lactic acid peel 30% every week for 4 -6 minutes. I use the lightstim for 3-4 minutes if I have time, 2 if I don't. The amount of time I spend doing this this is ridiculous. Shock

Foxe, thanks I'll try the first generation cps-- I sure didn't have any luck with the 2nd generation on my hypersensitive face.

Kassy, be sure you apply your one drop on a damp face so you can spread it evenly, so one area doesn't get all of it. Pickard recommends that you use a mild acid like a 2% salicytic acid solution to get the very best results, because it helps remove the old skin while the new skin is remodeled. And thank so much for help in navigating when I first started over here. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:

Kassy, be sure you apply your one drop on a damp face so you can spread it evenly, so one area doesn't get all of it. Pickard recommends that you use a mild acid like a 2% salicytic acid solution to get the very best results, because it helps remove the old skin while the new skin is remodeled. And thank so much for help in navigating when I first started over here. Very Happy

Hi lindy, I am going really slow and easy with the CP Serum (1/7), and have used it twice so far, followed by the LED.. So far so good! I have been using 12% AHA right along, and an occasional aspirin mask, so I'm confident I have the exfoliation well covered.. I also have at it with my microfiber cloth twice a day, and love that!

I am also planning on doing LouLou's exercises about every other night, and the Tua Viso on the off nights. So far I have done 4 TV treatments, and I'll be darned, I can feel and see a little lifting already..

The holiday's are over, and now I'm going to really get back to a nice, selfish, beauty routine, with all of the toys/tools at my disposal..

Here's to a happy, healthy, beautiful skin for all of us, 2009! YAY US .. Very Happy

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I really appreciate your post so much...

and I was really dreaming of results I wanted rather than focusing on what my skin was actually telling me in-the-moment...

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice on the exfol Lindy....I am going to give this a try on my abdomen with the CP Serum first, then I may move up to something stronger at a later date. Not sure I would pay THAT much for 4oz though, you're right, that is quite insane!!! Although if I knew it would work miracles, I just may consider it when I had the money Bad Grin... It would be nice to get even a little improvement in that area, I seriously would wear a bikini if my stomach weren't so ugly...I guess I should not have gained 80 pounds while pregnant! ha ha....the deflated balloon, stretch mark thingy isn't so appealing in a 2 piece I must say...

BTW....have you noticed improvement in the lower ab area? My problem is from the top of the belly button downwards......

Jasmine....thats too bad...was looking forward to reading your thoughts about your experience with the Stim. I really wish the Stim would have worked for you....

lindylass
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Pickart on his forum in his skinbiology stated to work on loose skin you have to use one of the stronger formulas. I'm not sure if cp serum would very much except accustom your skin to cps.
I'm using approximately double to 3 xs the recommended amount of super cps.
I would switch to the super cp formula soon. I've seen results on the lower abs. The wrinkly skin around my stretch marks is thicker and has tightened up enough so that the crepey skin is visibly thicker and smoother. What I'm not seeing is the whole area pulling up, the skin has pulled in
some, which is different. To be honest I don't expect it to pull up-- that's a herculean task--the skin has to pull against gravity and the weight of your flesh. But I'm not totally sure about this- honestly because the results I've seen has come quickly. I heard STOP would be good for skin tightening. I'm also taking several grams of both msm and vitamin c needed to rebuild the collagen. Hope that helps.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Well, I guess I will have to wait until I can get the Super CP or something stronger, no sense in wasting my CP serum on my belly if it wont do much there, will reserve that for my face instead....but am definitely going to take MSM and Vit C as well in the near future...all these things to buy and not nearly enough cash to fork out on it all! I have to pick and choose carefully at the moment until things start getting better later this month cash flow wise Laughing...

lindylass
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bren,
It takes money, which is a drag. I wish we could all pool our resources and buy in bulk from skinbiology-- they offer a 30% discount for 10 items and 50% discount for 20 items. I would be willing to buy 5-7 items at 50% off. But that would be hard to arrange and organize.
Since I'm using so much on my body, I'm going through it pretty fast. It's a shame we have to waste are money on frivolous things like rent, food and clothing, hee, hee.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Yeah..it is a drag! Who needs food, clothing and a roof over our heads anyway? If you look good, the rest doesn't matter!! Wink Laughing....

But seriously, 50% off would be great and I didn't even know they offered that deal to be honest. Would be worth it to pool people together and throw in a bulk order but like you said, it would be hard to organize. Just let me know if you do though, I would get in on the deal.

Well, started back with my exercises last night...was giving my irritated face a rest the last few days. I have to say I missed them! Also didn't Stim the last few nights, but will be back at that this evening....can't wait!! Have to say my face looks a million times better this am...was given some samples by a dear forum member and tried the Remergent line for the first time...it was very soothing on my face and really calmed it down (Barrier Repair and Microciculation Cream)....
I am hoping my face will perk back up with a few nights back on the Ageless and the Stim....the old face suffered a setback the last few days!! ha ha.....

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Yeah..it is a drag! Who needs food, clothing and a roof over our heads anyway? If you look good, the rest doesn't matter!! Wink Laughing....

Agreed Smile

Back to dry skin. Mine is flaking very badly after using BQ and HA, then smothering face with Let's Make Collagen Serum, then SA Anti-Aging Cream. I drink a glass of water before and after the treatment. It's very dehydrating indeed. Brenda...I have four days to go before I resume my facial exercises after the Radiesse. Just noticed your PM Sad Sorry and thanks. Will reply later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Back to dry skin. Mine is flaking very badly after using BQ and HA

You can add distilled water to your HA serum which should help.. Also incorporating a tsp of plain old Glycerin into your SA creams will make them more moisturizing..

HA holds 1000 times it's weight in water, and will pull it 'from' your skin, if it can't get it elsewhere..

And don't forget to drink water before and after your BQ (or any LED) treatment!

foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
Bren,
It takes money, which is a drag. I wish we could all pool our resources and buy in bulk from skinbiology-- they offer a 30% discount for 10 items and 50% discount for 20 items. I would be willing to buy 5-7 items at 50% off. But that would be hard to arrange and organize.
Since I'm using so much on my body, I'm going through it pretty fast. It's a shame we have to waste are money on frivolous things like rent, food and clothing, hee, hee.

I didn't know they offered that either and I've been a user for 10 months!!

I can't wait to get a LED to use w/ CPs as they've shown a lot of improvement for me, but to hear your results, that's great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Well I thought I'd made my mind up to get a prolight, but I've changed my mind. It is our right as women to do this thank goodness. Smile
I've been thinking alot about it and I think maybe the reason there's so much more positive posts about the results of the AALS is possibly because you're told to use it alot longer and alot more often than the prolight. They actually say NOT to use the prolight daily or longer than they recommend, so I've decided to go the AALS. And as you said Kassy the AALS is bigger so the time works out much of a muchness.
Sooo now to get the money together. I've also decided I want the Stop too, so I reakon if I stick to a tight budget I'll be able to order both the LED and the Stop in 4 weeks. Very Happy
Unfortunately we only get 70c in the US $ so they'll cost me around $1400 AUD for both. Shock
Well worth it if I get the results though. No doubt you'll all be bombarded with questions from me very soon.
Look out!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Mishey"]
Unfortunately we only get 70c in the US $ so they'll cost me around $1400 AUD for both. Shock /quote]

Woops I mean $1280. A slight improvement anyway.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Layed in bed last night and realised it's not a good idea to order the Stop and the LED at the same time. I need to use the LED 5 days a week for a couple of months and the Stop 3 days a week for 6 weeks. Abit much at once I'd say. So I think the Stop should come first and at around the 5th week I should then get the LED. Then I can start on it straight away and take advantage of the 90 day trial.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Layed in bed last night and realised it's not a good idea to order the Stop and the LED at the same time. I need to use the LED 5 days a week for a couple of months and the Stop 3 days a week for 6 weeks. Abit much at once I'd say. So I think the Stop should come first and at around the 5th week I should then get the LED. Then I can start on it straight away and take advantage of the 90 day trial.

Now you are being a wise consumer Deary ... Very Happy

And the best part, is you won't have to guess what results came from which device... You may even find the STOP is enough to take care of all your issues on it's own.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Mishey...do keep us posted on your STOP results.. Then again, maybe you shouldn't because then it will be just another tool I can't have at the moment and want so badly!!!! ha ha....
But seriously, do tell how it goes...that little device seems to be creating a buzz around these parts Wink

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Kassy that would be fantastic if it does.
And you bet I will Bren. I only wish I could buy the Stop right NOW. I have high hopes after reading the results so far. The wait is truly killing me. Drool
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am      Reply with quote
That makes 3 of us!

I know I should stay away from that thread for at least another month, but I just can't "STOP" myself..

The reviews are wonderful so far...

Beth just ordered one also, and I know if she starts raving about it too, I'll be finished altogether.. Rolling Eyes

I have a very sneaking suspicion, that this is going to be a very costly year gadget wise.. Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |