Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
I figured the lymphatic drainage was a shot in the dark, but people can perceive things/feelings differently?

Mine just arrived, and my poor mail lady was sweating bullets complaining about the awful high temperatures today!

I will get to play with it tonight.....bare faced as promised! Laughing naked totally naked LOL

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin You little devil you.. LOL!

It is bloody hot here today... But we've only just begun with the heat and humidity.. What a gorgeous winter though... Cool

I'm so excited for you to try it. I hope you get the WOW *feel* straight away.. Very Happy

LOL You know it!Bad Grin

I am excited to try it, my spa night should be great fun. I will be sure to post how it goes tomorrow.

This has been a really warm winter, but today was brutal, I felt so sorry for my poor mail lady, she never complains but was not a happy camper at all today! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping to the new page so my "PM" girls & boys don't miss it.. Wink

Kassy_A wrote:
For DIY folks, either of these actives are a good addition to either your pre or post treatment serums! Add at 10%.. They are water soluble/dispersible.

http://cellbone.com/Pentapeptide_Solution.htm

For those who deal with hyperpigmentation issues, adding Kojic Acid at 1 to 2% is also a good active for ya. Also water soluble!

http://cellbone.com/Kojicacidpowder.htm

Cellbone has wonderful goodies for DIY'ers.. My only beef with them is their retail C Serums.. They all contain Idebenone & Menthol which are simply there for BAD reasons and not beneficial to the serum..

Idebenone - Is an intensely yellow active which gives you an intensely yellow serum from the get go. I believe it is in there as a preemptive strike for those who know what the apparent signs of oxidation are.

Menthol - The slight tingle menthol provides is simply a subliminal message to the user that "it must be working".

Anyway, that's my opinion on it. Other than this I do love many of their products.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've only just recently started to seriously use the AALS on my hands, and I was wondering about what to apply to them previously, I'm just using it on plain clean hands. And also I would like to ask Kassy_A what else does she use on her hands as I saw a picture some time ago and I though t her hands looked really awesome!
My hands are a bit of a mess, I have some trouble with eczema, but even then where there is none the skin is not good, so I would like advice.
The skin of them does seem to have improved a teeny bit after using the AALS daily on them for the last week.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
my lips are way rosier and my skin creamier since I started lightstim, which has only been about two weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I've decided I really want to get the LS. I saw someone on LS's FB page ask about the GMA special, and she was given lightstim's email address. So I thought I would try, too. I emailed them and they responded that the GMA special was one day only and that QVC was the best price now. Unfortunately,

QVC is not offering any EZ pays right now. Even a couple of weeks ago, they only had it on 2 payments. The LS website has it for 5 payments but the price is 250. Hmmm..guess I have to make a decision or wait until another deal comes up. In the meantime, I still like the DPL, but I'm really wanting the LS too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
RyanA - I'll keep my eyes out for any more specials. The GMA offer was such fluke to see... I was just flipping through channels.

Update: The soreness in my neck.. well.. had nothing to do with the AALS. I have a horrible cold and my lymph nodes are super swollen.

Lovin it so far!

DM, have you given it a go yet?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks org!

I was reading earlier in the thread, and apparently it was 199 with 5 payments on the LS website a few weeks ago. I wonder why they changed it. I would definitely go for that if it comes up again.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I mostly lurk here, but I happened to pop in and see Erg's post about the GMA special and was able to buy it! So special thanks to Erg for being so considerate! I hope that others will find a super deal soon.

And, I hope that Lightstim will be as beneficial to my (horrible) skin as it has for others who have posted their good experiences. Looking forward to seeing what my skin looks like in a few months.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yea Beehive!
Please keep us posted on your results.

Smile

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
what wonders a qvc campaign does i guess.

i'm a gadget lover and have looked at silk'nface on shop nbc and starlite-lm on their starlitetherapy webpage which are both fda cleared.

i had the lightstim and just like the qvc reviewers (bought mine last year before qvc)it was pretty worthless and i never saw a change and nor did my sister -- so that's why i'm out looking.

both of these products are new and worth a look in my humble opinion....plus they don't have rechargeable batteries and not power cords and don't need to be used everyday forever.but hey....there's no qvc "deal" to be had if that's what is really important.

i'll probably do a coin toss and try one of them out:)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
RyanA - I'll keep my eyes out for any more specials. The GMA offer was such fluke to see... I was just flipping through channels.

Update: The soreness in my neck.. well.. had nothing to do with the AALS. I have a horrible cold and my lymph nodes are super swollen.

Lovin it so far!

Sorry I didn't get back as soon as promised, that first night my tummy decided to have a fit so I never had a chance to even get it out of the box! Sad

I did use it last 2 nights and I do love the feeling of it on my skin, and yes I used it naked! Laughing
Skin was glowing as expected, I will obviously need to use it consistently to see more substantial results. I am with you loving it these 2 nights of use!

Hope your cold is better. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
the cat wrote:
what wonders a qvc campaign does i guess.

i'm a gadget lover and have looked at silk'nface on shop nbc and starlite-lm on their starlitetherapy webpage which are both fda cleared.

i had the lightstim and just like the qvc reviewers (bought mine last year before qvc)it was pretty worthless and i never saw a change and nor did my sister -- so that's why i'm out looking.

both of these products are new and worth a look in my humble opinion....plus they don't have rechargeable batteries and not power cords and don't need to be used everyday forever.but hey....there's no qvc "deal" to be had if that's what is really important.

i'll probably do a coin toss and try one of them out:)

Why are you implying the QVC reviews are poor? It has an average of 4.1 stars out of 5. Out of 237 reviews, 160 of them are 5 stars. I'd say that's pretty dang good for a beauty gadget. This is the one that was sold last year, which is presumably the one you purchased. I'm not sure why you are implying the consensus was that it is "worthless"; that is hardly the case.

Also. I'm not sure what the condescending tone of a "QVC deal" is about. This is a thread about Lightstim, so of course people will be talking about where they can get the best price. I personally don't see the draw of having a device with a rechargeable battery, I could care less about that. The 2 devices you mentioned only cover a very small area, that doesn't appeal to me either. This before and after picture for Starlight is totally fake, so I definitely won't be looking into that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
*scratches head and wonders if anybody could actually believe that a battery operated LED is even worth talking about...LOL*

To "cat"... If the LS didn't work for ya, NO other LED will... Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I did use it last 2 nights and I do love the feeling of it on my skin, and yes I used it naked! Laughing
Skin was glowing as expected, I will obviously need to use it consistently to see more substantial results. I am with you loving it these 2 nights of use! Very Happy

Very Happy Welcome to the club! Very Happy

Did you feel the rose petal softness the 1st time? (I'm hoping yes, since that's what all us LS lovers have in common?)

ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hi,
I've only just recently started to seriously use the AALS on my hands, and I was wondering about what to apply to them previously, I'm just using it on plain clean hands. And also I would like to ask Kassy_A what else does she use on her hands as I saw a picture some time ago and I though t her hands looked really awesome!
My hands are a bit of a mess, I have some trouble with eczema, but even then where there is none the skin is not good, so I would like advice.
The skin of them does seem to have improved a teeny bit after using the AALS daily on them for the last week.

Bumping my own post to see if the users on hands add some potion to the light. I'm still just using it bare, but interested in adding some "thing" if it can accelerate the process of great skin.
TIA.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Skin was glowing as expected, I will obviously need to use it consistently to see more substantial results. I am with you loving it these 2 nights of use! Very Happy

Very Happy Welcome to the club! Very Happy

Did you feel the rose petal softness the 1st time? (I'm hoping yes, since that's what all us LS lovers have in common?)

Oh Yes! Me face was as soft as a baby's bum! Laughing

That is saying a lot from me, between OCM, Vit. C, RA, exfoliation, good genes with such thick and normal skin it is soft to begin with. But This blasted that up by several notches on the smooth silky feel. Very Happy

It feels relaxing and a treat to do as well. I am very happy I jumped off the fence, and grabbed my new gadget!

Defiantly seeing a major wow coming in the days to come, but WOW! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

Lovin it so far!

That was quite funny I saw the same segment on GMA as erg, and came running to post but had issues with the site...(perfect timing) Shock

Then when I got back on there was her post about that amazing deal.
How could we turn that special down? Laughing

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I did my research on home rejuvenation systems and decided to give the Lightstim a go. I bought mine on QVC, it was $199 with the serum. I've used it 6 days in a row and I can really see and feel a difference right away.

I'm 48 and have very fine lines and some uneven skin tone and the beginnings of age spots. Been on Obaigi for almost a year with only slight improvement and maybe a little less yellowing under the eye area, otherwise, it's been very drying so I was looking for something else to brighten and even out my skin. I did Juvaderm 1.5 years ago in my marionette lines (I loved it, and it lasted a long time, but was $$) and have been using botox in my forehead for about 9 years (I have practically no wrinkles there). But I wanted to move away from the chemicals, so this seemed like a nice fit.

After week 1, my skin is as soft as a baby's bottom! I've got this "rosy glow" and it looks plump and creamy. The age spots do seem a little less noticeable, I'm just blown away to get these kind of results after only 1 week. I use it while I'm on the internet, I do 5 mins per area. It even helped my achy knee, it's an amazing thing. Will keep you all posted if it actually does remove my age spots which are really bugging me a lot. One side effect is that I'm thirsty all the time now, I have to hydrate before and after which is probably not a bad thing.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
trishamn wrote:
I did my research on home rejuvenation systems and decided to give the Lightstim a go. I bought mine on QVC, it was $199 with the serum. I've used it 6 days in a row and I can really see and feel a difference right away.

I'm 48 and have very fine lines and some uneven skin tone and the beginnings of age spots. Been on Obaigi for almost a year with only slight improvement and maybe a little less yellowing under the eye area, otherwise, it's been very drying so I was looking for something else to brighten and even out my skin. I did Juvaderm 1.5 years ago in my marionette lines (I loved it, and it lasted a long time, but was $$) and have been using botox in my forehead for about 9 years (I have practically no wrinkles there). But I wanted to move away from the chemicals, so this seemed like a nice fit.

After week 1, my skin is as soft as a baby's bottom! I've got this "rosy glow" and it looks plump and creamy. The age spots do seem a little less noticeable, I'm just blown away to get these kind of results after only 1 week. I use it while I'm on the internet, I do 5 mins per area. It even helped my achy knee, it's an amazing thing. Will keep you all posted if it actually does remove my age spots which are really bugging me a lot. One side effect is that I'm thirsty all the time now, I have to hydrate before and after which is probably not a bad thing.

Definitely drink a glass of water before and after! I haven't preached this in a while so thanks for the reminder.. Laughing

You are lucky to see any lightening of hyperpigmention. I don't think it's the norm though... I had some fairly sun damaged cruddy skin on my chest when I started using the LED and it (surprisingly) reversed most of that. Again though, I really don't think it's the norm. It definitely DID even my skin tone though.

I never had botox, fillers, surgery or any of that, so can't speak to the pro's or con's of them, versus LED treatments.

What I can say for sure is that it is an ongoing commitment, and those who use it will enjoy a nicer skin than those who don't.

Good luck and welcome to the *GLO* club Laughing

RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Love your posts, Kassy-very encouraging! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Love your posts, Kassy-very encouraging! Smile

Embarassed Awwww! Thanks so much RyanA Embarassed I can talk about the *few* things I'm impressed with all day long.

I wish for everybody to have success with their LED's, and I'm happy to share the things that worked, or didn't, for me.

the cat

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
i kind of just posted what my experience was with the lightstim.

fwiw:)

anyway the comparo on that starlite page showed what the lightstim has in terms of output power and it's like 15milliwatts.

and that's pretty low since my derm docs lumiere panels have 105milliwatts in the red and something pretty high in the infrared (the one i can't see). thus the lightstim hype -- sorry if anyone's offended at my view of it as an led flashlight. but now i know enough to do my homework on these things. which i'm still doing.

so all the happy lightstim users must have something different because lightstim's photoshopped before afters are and always have been as believable as the one's on the miracle acne pro activ ads. c'mon....who really believes such hype?

i even see people here saying they have big improvements in wrinkles in a few days and that frankly is wishful thinking on anyone's part and is not medically possible.

but..it's not my time or money that's being spent so hope you all enjoy whatever you do get out of it!!
the cat

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Also. I'm not sure what the condescending tone of a "QVC deal" is about.

hello?? no need for the "testiness"

i meant no condescension -- i just commented on the effects of mass marketing and how clearly it's been good for lightstim -- really they have languished before hitting this motherload of marketing with qvc....everything qvc touches probably does well.

now for my quid pro quo.

enjoy your toy ryan. really. and as for before afters from any company -- gee, ya think there's a company in the beauty market that hasn't bothered to click the photoshop icon before making ad copy? lol!!

to correct your presumption i didn't buy off of qvc. i actually have a life not centered around watching tv infomercials. (now THAT is condescending on my part)

anyway since you were not aware -- lightstim has been available for a few years and i wish i had only paid 199 for it as i'd be a bit more happy.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
the cat wrote:
anyway the comparo on that starlite page showed what the lightstim has in terms of output power and it's like 15milliwatts.

and that's pretty low since my derm docs lumiere panels have 105milliwatts in the red and something pretty high in the infrared (the one i can't see). thus the lightstim hype -- sorry if anyone's offended at my view of it as an led flashlight.

so all the happy lightstim users must have something different because their before afters are and always have been as believable as the one's on the miracle acne pro activ ads.

i even see people here saying they have big improvements in wrinkles in a few days and that frankly is wishful thinking on anyone's part and is not medically possible.

but..it's not my time or money that's being spent so hope you all enjoy whatever you do get out of it!!

I would have to agree that no home-use device is going to have the output of professional equipment. However, the advantage is that it can be used regularly without ongoing expense.

I'd also advise people not to count on any miracles - IMO LEDs require long term commitment, they are certainly not a quick fix.
I do believe though that something like six years of LED use has had a beneficial effect on my 62 year old skin - I'm not as wrinkled as other women my age.

I just wish Lightstim would bring out a home-use panel device so that the whole face could be treated in one go.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
yes agreed on what to expect -- we collect these "uglies" over years and it does take time to work on them.javascript:emoticon('Confused')

i'd probably best move on from this thread as i guess it's for lightstim fans (like a certain testy poster here who sounds like either a Behrman Communications rep who promotes lightstim or a lightstim account manager with that name) ... of which i like others are clearly not one of.

i guess the lightstim has indeed worked for you ?

and btw from my homework there is the dpl nuve panel system (fda cleared tmk) that sounds like what you are looking for and i think it's not too expensive Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |