Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
question for AALS users:

I always have slight indents where the bulbs were. I am not sure if it is indents or just that the skin there is redder than surrounding. Anyone experienced this, I am not pressing that hard...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I get that if I am pressing a smidgeon too hard, Erg, IIRC you are supposed to barely be brushing the skin.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

Nothing lasts... the LS will only help so much... much more important is self-acceptance, lots of love, and that special gadget or two (or three). Wink

Yep, the only problem is, with this addicting forum, I think I'm always going to want to try a new gadget or technique! Laughing

Oh well..I guess there are worse vices to have. I don't smoke, only drink occasionally, and don't care about clothes labels (I like the Goodwill store and TJMaxx). Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Nothing lasts... the LS will only help so much... much more important is self-acceptance, lots of love, and that special gadget or two (or three). Wink

Yep, the only problem is, with this addicting forum, I think I'm always going to want to try a new gadget or technique! Laughing

Oh well..I guess there are worse vices to have. I don't smoke, only drink occasionally, and don't care about clothes labels (I like the Goodwill store and TJMaxx). Very Happy

I am with you there is a lot to be said for not being a label Ho! Laughing

One thing I have learned is patience (usually) and waiting to see what actually works for the majority of members! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
question for AALS users:

I always have slight indents where the bulbs were. I am not sure if it is indents or just that the skin there is redder than surrounding. Anyone experienced this, I am not pressing that hard...

I only managed that result once erg, then quickly learned to back off on the amount of pressure I use!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:
question for AALS users:

I only managed that result once erg, then quickly learned to back off on the amount of pressure I use!

I get that a lot... I tend to be heavy handed! But the marks always go away. Never had a problem with it and I suppose I will keep doing it, lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Strange because I feel like I am barely pressing. I must be heavy handed too (which would come in handy I guess if dermarolling!)

thanks all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon, do these studies apply to all LED (I have to go make pancakes for my little boy so I can't read them yet Laughing).

I've been considering getting the DPL panel from NCN (there is a discount code that makes it a little more attractive). I love my Lightstim but would love a panel for when I just don't have the time at night.

However I don't know if it's as effective? Anyone have the DPL and can comment?

ETA: And THANK YOU for compiling such a fantastic list!! Wow!

I'm a long time AALS user but purchased a DPL a few months ago. I really like it - the shorter, all-in-one treatment time suits me better - and it feels more like a "professional" treatment. As to one device being more effective than the other - I wouldn't want to comment. And unless a definitive long-term trial comparing both devices is carried out - opinions are just subjective. But I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the DPL to anyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
question for AALS users:

I do too. Keep in mind that your treatment is encouraging increased lymphatic circulation. That's a very good thing!

It's the 'fluid' that is traveling through your lymphatic passage that is responsible for the temporary dents... Wink

For those so inclined, I've found that the "Tanaka" massage following LED treatments, is very beneficial.

This lymphatic massage is also a very nice one that I love.. Very easy to do on yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM5v8PPjt0

Here's a chart showing the lymphatic system at a glimpse;

http://www.innerbody.com/image/lympov.html

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy, so great to see you back on this thread! Smile
That's good to know... I am barely pressing.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, the general discussion on safety, photons and infrared radiation has been moved to:

LED Safety + Infrared Radiation
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45709

Thank you.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
(copied from other thread to answer Swissmom)

Swissmom wrote:
Hi Kassy! Would you please tell me your lightstim schedule? How often do you use it? Do you use it just around the eye area or all over? Neck? Hands? Thank you and I apologize in advance if you already posted this somewhere. Smile

My goal is twice a week, but reality is more like 4 or 5 times per month.

I use it entire face (including over closed eyes), neck, decollete, and tops of hands and forearms.

I use my original LS (now called the "therapy" LED) on my bum knee and arthritic cervical spine.

No apologies necessary, I'm happy to help you.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Kassy! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, i was wondering if you also use Anti- Oxidant serums in combination with the LED?
Do you apply it before the treatment or after the treatment?

(btw, i've heard it's better to do after, but i'm not sure)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:
Kassy_A, i was wondering if you also use Anti- Oxidant serums in combination with the LED?

I am copying Kassy's post from page 10 here, if she has any additional information I am sure she will chime in when possible.

Kassy_A wrote:
sabrina_hua wrote:
Ok, I've decided to make the serum by myself according to Kassy_A's formula,hahaha Laughing Looking for the material now...

I've had great feedback on this one, since posting it about half way into this thread, and I must say it's probably my favorite as well;

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract ( http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-be-u-TEA-licious-organic-White-Tea-extract-Green-Coffee-Berry-Peach ) A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein ( http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=994 )This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks

-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels like water + absorbs quickly. Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit)

That's Not white tea extract, not by any stretch of the imagination. Rolling Eyes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16414908

RESULTS:

Key profilometry results Sq, Sa, Sp and St showed significant differences at week 12 follow-up; 52% of subjects showed a 25%-50% improvement in photoaging scores by week 12; 81% of subjects reported a significant improvement in periorbital wrinkles on completion of follow-up.

Only 52% of subjects showed some improvement? Interesting....
81% showed "improvement" also known as subclinical swelling.

And:

The star promo pdf of the use of the device:
http://warp-photomedicine.com/FacialRejuve.pdf

Quote:
Evidently, two months of extreme sun and air
pollution were sufficient to neutralize the success of 10 months
of light treatment
. Phase two of our facial rejuvenation program
started upon return from Africa and persisted for a further two
months without a visible change
in wrinkle levels.

Looks like the swelling receded post end of LED assault.

Then they wised up and started with the Green tea extract. Go figure. And, every time you stop using the LED for a short period of time, the wrinkles return. Funny that...

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:

Hey there. Not Kassy, but I use NCN GHK serum before LED with good results. Or sometimes I just use on bare, exfoliated skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Fé wrote:

I use antioxidants on my skin all the time.. I'm anal about scavenging those free radicals that are part of life, especially in hot, sunny Florida.

I am still using the spritz DM shared above (thanks DM!), even after all these years since I posted it. I love it, and apparently it loves me, because other than a few faint lines around my eyes, this old hyde is still wrinkle free...(See below for more good stuff!) Dancing Dancing

I mostly do my LED treatments on a bare, exfoliated face and apply a nice serum afterwards. Occasionally I apply a serum before, but not as a rule. I still love doing a quick steam on my clean, exfoliated face just before my treatment! Really love that. Then I do my treatment, and apply whatever serum du jour strikes my fancy.

Quite a few forum friends PM me for thoughts on the best/favorite actives I've used, so I'll put them here as well for anyone else who gives a rats arse Laughing

In no particular order, these are the actives I alternate with in my serums/lotions;

L-Ascorbic Acid
Niacinamide
Retin-A (occasionally)
Retinyl Palmitate
Matrixyl 3000 (might let this one drop, no diff when I don't use it)
CoQ10
Alpha Lipoic Acid
AHA's
BHA's (occasionally)
Caviar Extract (just began using recently, so no real thoughts yet..it's high in protein and amino acids.)
MSM
Algae Extract
Tea Extracts
Virgin Red Palm Oil (YES, in my world beta carotenes (A) and tocotrienols (E) actives)...Laughing
Licorice Root Extract (I'm stopping this for a while in my head to toe spritz because I'm way too pale these days and I'm starting to think it probably has cumulative effects...As in, people don't believe I live in Florida.. And nope, I still don't use sunscreen as a rule.)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Time to get my photons on Wink Don't forget your hands, they need anti-aging attention too!

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm absorbing photons too as I type....
(kinda hard with one hand!)

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Time to get my photons on Wink Don't forget your hands, they need anti-aging attention too!

Your nails look awesome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A , Your hands look young! Did you notice a big difference in your hands when you first started using the lightstim?

its been over 8 weeks and my complexion is more pale and creamy(which I love) and also finally started to see a slight difference in lines around the eyes. I have to look really hard to see them ,except for when I smile...but even the they are not that noticable. Also ive had several compliments on my skin recently. I plan of keeping this up for a long time!

The only thing I haven't noticed, is a difference in my hands. Maybe it just takes longer. I always use drving gloves and they look pretty good, so maybe there are subtle positive changes that I just can't tell

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
Kassy_A , Your hands look young! Did you notice a big difference in your hands when you first started using the lightstim?

its been over 8 weeks and my complexion is more pale and creamy(which I love) and also finally started to see a slight difference in lines around the eyes. I have to look really hard to see them ,except for when I smile...but even the they are not that noticable. Also ive had several compliments on my skin recently. I plan of keeping this up for a long time!

The only thing I haven't noticed, is a difference in my hands. Maybe it just takes longer. I always use drving gloves and they look pretty good, so maybe there are subtle positive changes that I just can't tell

Agree it is doing lovely things to my skin as well, I believe Kassy has posted that she uses all her facial goodies on her hands as well as her face.
I have always used mine there also and that does help keep years off! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Your hands look GREAT!!!! They look years younger than mine!!!!

Love the antioxidant list. Very useful, also without LED treatments!
Off topic, but can you tell me how you like the ALA? Been looking into it to add to my stuff, but find it difficult to make up my mind about it. Thanks in advance!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Most of us have seen pictures of Kassy over the years... and I tell ya... I am gonna do what she does. She looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing all of your tips Kassy!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |