Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
so I'm wondering, as of now, what would the consensus be here on the best product to apply pre- LED to enhance and maximise it's anti-aging collagen/elastin boosting effects?
Are the green tea serums still the definitive answer or are CPS a better bet?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
For my Canadian friends...I just saw on Facebook Lightstim is on your shopping channel
http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/LightStim/pages/productresults?nav=N:100038-2043188

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I know no one answered my previous question just above about what you all preferred for a pre- light stim serum, CP's or green tea? But I just wanted to say that i had run out of my green tea serum from 'Nourish' which I loved with it and I went ahead and started using the Skin actives 'Let's make Collagen' serum instead noticing it had a lot of the same ingredients like green tea and hyaluronic acid but with added benefit of peptides, glucosamine, horse chestnut, sea kelp and all the lovely things in the serum. I feel I have seen a really nice improvement with the light stim recently more than before when using just the green tea serum-could be also because I am being more consistent 5x a week but I think both. Skin just overall looks more youthful and clear and perhaps plumper. I am liking the results so much I am wondering if anyone thinks doing 2 treatments a day would boost benefits or be overkill?? Razz

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna,
I have asked the Lightstim company about using the device twice a day and they said once is enough and 2x a day would not give additional results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Pollyanna,
I have asked the Lightstim company about using the device twice a day and they said once is enough and 2x a day would not give additional results.

thanks Toby! that's very helpful to know and time saving! Laughing

EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, havent been on here in forever!

I actually purchased a lightstim about 3 years ago, when they were $350!

I had great results, but unfortunately was so busy at that time in my life that I sold it eventually because it was just sitting around.

Just found a brand new (sealed in box) lightstim (for wrinkles) on eBay for $154.00 with free shipping! WOW. That's less than half the price!

Anyways, wonder if anyone can answer this question. Years ago, when I first purchased the lightstim it was called "Anti-Aging Lightstim" and now it's called "Lightstim for Wrinkles", has anything changed or did they just change the name??

I'm so excited to get my lightstim in the mail. Should probably arrive Thurs or Fri. I really miss doing my daily treatments, it's so relaxing and I saw results within a week. I should have never got rid of it!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

I had great results, but unfortunately was so busy at that time in my life that I sold it eventually because it was just sitting around.

Just found a brand new (sealed in box) lightstim (for wrinkles) on eBay for $154.00 with free shipping! WOW. That's less than half the price!

Anyways, wonder if anyone can answer this question. Years ago, when I first purchased the lightstim it was called "Anti-Aging Lightstim" and now it's called "Lightstim for Wrinkles", has anything changed or did they just change the name??

I'm so excited to get my lightstim in the mail. Should probably arrive Thurs or Fri. I really miss doing my daily treatments, it's so relaxing and I saw results within a week. I should have never got rid of it!

Is is the same lighting arrangement just a different handle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Is is the same lighting arrangement just a different handle.

Thank you for the prompt response! Again I cannot wait to start lightstimming again. And I'm thrilled that I found it for so cheap. You can find lots of lightstims on eBay (both new and used) for half of what they retail for.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Just got my lightstim yesterday! Yay! Doing a treatment as I drink my coffee. One question, do you guys recommend keeping the cord plugged into the handle or do you unplug it from the handle each time? I feel like overtime it will loosen and the handle won't be able to grip the plug and hold it...do you guys know what I mean?

I'm so happy I'm a lightstim owner again!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
BTW, after a full treatment, I have that softness back. I'm just as excited about this as when I got my original AALS 3 years ago! I should have kept it.

And also it felt weird at first with these diodes being recessed more than the other model. I definitely like it better because I can tell that less light leaks through the sides.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Do you guys pull the cord out from the handle every time you use the LS, or do you keep it in? When I looked inside the hole, I realized there is a cheap looking metal spring that keeps the plug tight in the hole. I wonder if that will wear and get loose over time if continue to unplug/plug. Do you guys know what I mean??
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I leave the cord in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
I leave the cord in.
thanks yeah, I think I will do that too. Something about the design tells me that keeping the cord plugged
into the handle will make it last longer.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I can definitely attest that the newer version of the Lightstim (for wrinkles not Anti-Aging) definitely seems like it gets warmer. Like I said, I had the AALS 3 years ago, and now got the new one. It doesn't bother me, but it definitely gets warmer.

Just an update: I got my lightstim last Wednesday. Used it Thurs, Fri and Sunday and my skin is starting to look great again. My complexion is rosy and my skin feels smoother and looks evenly toned (redness reduced).

I can't believe more people dont jump on the LED bandwagon. It might not be a miracle worker, but it's doing something good!

So happy I have my lightstim back, should have never gotten rid of it in the first place.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I know I'm obsessively posting here, but today at work, a co-worker came in, greeted me, and the first thing she said was "your skin looks amazing". It was very random, and maybe a coincidence? I've used the lightstim 3x since getting it but havent done anything different.

Made my day (at least my morning).
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been following this topic and you inspired me to pull out my lightstim again. I did treatments every night from last Thursday through today. I first applied NCN's Matrixyl serum, then their Green tea serum on top. Next I sprayed my face with the Ageless Secret Gold. This turns out to be a winning combination for me!! My skin looks super hydrated and even more plump today. Normally my skin dries out so much in the winter months with the blasting heat on. Thanks for reminding me about my lightstim! It's been sitting in my drawer for months now. I think I am going to really like using this device again now that I've found the right combo of topicals. Best, Aprile Very Happy
havana8

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kandi wrote:
Hi All,
I know this is an old thread, but I'm worried. I just purchased a Lightstim for Wrinkles. I've used it 4 days. My "age spots" on my face have all gotten worse. I've been treating them for years with various topicals and they had faded a bit, but now after 4 days of LIghtstim, they have come back. Some that were nearly completely unnoticable, have returned. I'm horrified.

Can any one tell me if I should keep going; do they get worse before they get better?
thewellnessstore

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for the information about Anti-Aging using LightStim. I was also looking for this. Thank you again for help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
so I'm wondering, as of now, what would the consensus be here on the best product to apply pre- LED to enhance and maximise it's anti-aging collagen/elastin boosting effects?
Are the green tea serums still the definitive answer or are CPS a better bet?

Vitamin C serum (homemade)is my favorite. If you buy commercially made serums or lotions, just remember it can't have have anything occlusive in it...(I never trust the freshness, so making my own is a sure bet its good.)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Steve with Lightstim a couple of months ago about not seeing the Lightstim on QVC any more. I have several friends wanting the light and QVC has had the best price. He told me there was a special coming up and today I got an email about it.
Lightstim's promotional on QVC....
LightStim is going to have another TSV on QVC this Friday the 25th. It'll be the same price as last time, about $160-$170 and it's the new slightly longer LightStim for Wrinkles with the white LED circuit board. It's exclusively available from QVC for the next month. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote
My review of Lightstim, with lots of references to LED resources:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/lightstim-review/

PQ

5% products discount

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi PQ
I'm interested in buying the Lightstim but can't find anyone selling it in the uk, just via US delivery. I'd rather buy from UK source if poss in case of any support issue. Any thoughts on UK distribution? Also, which do you think is better, Lightstim or Bq? I like Lightstim head size and can't afford the £500 MD Plus. Any help gratefully appreciated. Tracey
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
Hi PQ
I'm interested in buying the Lightstim but can't find anyone selling it in the uk, just via US delivery. I'd rather buy from UK source if poss in case of any support issue. Any thoughts on UK distribution? Also, which do you think is better, Lightstim or Bq? I like Lightstim head size and can't afford the £500 MD Plus. Any help gratefully appreciated. Tracey

Tracey,

I can't find a UK supplier either, I bought mine about 5 years ago. The supplier has now closed.

Why not look at my review of the Baby Quasar:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/category/baby-quasar/

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lightstim is coming to UK QVC in June/July of this year. Cool
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both. Very helpful Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |