Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
KASSY_A: In your post of Feb 02/09, you referred to this product.
www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-supermax-p_5700.htm.

Hope you had a great weekend Exclamation
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, this is the one;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-supermax-p_5700.htm

Either one would be a great compliment to your LED treatments!

You'll get more bang for your buck with the Cellbone though.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
where do they sell the AALS for the cheapest price pls?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lightstim.com

You get a 10% discount through that site, by being an EDS member. Just use the discount code I posted above.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
http://www.lightstim.com

You get a 10% discount through that site, by being an EDS member. Just use the discount code I posted above.

ok, thanks! Smile
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl,

i had spotting (freckling) with the lightstim the 4th day in a row that i used it ( the spotting is on my lower jaw area on my right side)...

and along with other difficulties i had with the lightstim..i decided to return it.

i remember reading on one of the led threads that another woman had had similar difficulty with freckling.. near her mouth area...

there was posting on the thread about it possibly being sun damaging that was surfacing..

i don't remember(as i read these thread originally last sept..and was taking in much new info at the time) what she decided to do..continue to use the led or not.

please keep us posted as to whether or not decreasing the amount of time you 'led' your eye area keeps new freckles from forming.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't mean to imply that the other woman who had posted about freckling from led use on one of the led threads was using a Lightstim..i don't remember which led she used!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
I didn't mean to imply that the other woman who had posted about freckling from led use on one of the led threads was using a Lightstim..i don't remember which led she used!

No need for apologies jasminerosey... It's good to have all feedback including the good and the not so good.. That's what helps us all to learn and make informed decisions.

If we all had nothing but rave reviews for every product we ever tried, EDS would be a pretty boring place ... Laughing

Speak your mind woman ... wave

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kassy, it is important for all of us to share our experience... as many of our skin issues are so different from each other..even though we all share the similar desire to look as good(stunning!) as possible.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
***Cross posting FYI*** (Regarding what to use as a topical prior to the LED treatment.

ruk1 wrote:
Have you called the company and get their recommendation? I thought you could use whatever your favorite products, and the Lightstim will help your skin absorb it better. Is that not the case? I didn't know a special product has to be used with it.

You have to use products that won't interfere with the light penetrating the dermis.. So nothing occlusive..

Keep it at a simple anti-oxidant type serum.. Nothing with silicones, mineral oil or the like.

You can make a simple serum with any of the following;

Distilled Water
SKB
Hyaluronic Acid
Vitamin A, B (panthenol, niacinamide)
Vitamin C (MAP is best for this!)
Green Tea Extract
Ferulic Acid
Co Q 10
Matrixyl
Chamomile

Any non-occlusive nutrient is good.

If you want something ready made, these would work well;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-supermax-p_5700.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-hydra-5-b-comple-p_364.htm (This would be an outstanding base to add actives to!)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/emerginc-multi-vitamin-re-p_1631.htm

Just search the ingredient lists for products, and look for the ones without a million fillers and preservatives.. A good start is products that are transparent.

Hope that helps!

Saka822

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I've stumbled on this site by mistake 2 days ago and I've spent HOURS reading over various threads regarding LED. I'm more confused than ever... Which one is the best of me? I am 39yr old Asian Female. I would like to reduce/prevent wrinkles. I have some brown freckles/spots on my face from the sun... I don't have acne problem. I have two red areas on my cheekbones (size of 1/2 dollar coin) which is more prominent now that I'm using Renova... It makes me look a little flushed and it feels a bit raw, but I don't know if this is rosacea... Never thought much about it... I would appreciate your advice on which LED (or any other treatment) you would recommend... I just bought Clarisonic and can't wait until it arrives... After having kids, I always look so tired and my skin is a mess... My wrinkles are more prominent now... THANK YOU everyone for your input! (btw, what does AALS and CP stand for???)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Saka, welcome to the forum!

Lucky you being 39 and finding this forum.. Since prevention is easier than cure, you will be way ahead of the aging process by doing a few things now to keep things in peak form..

So far, there aren't any real miracle products I can point you to, but if you have some 'me' time to commit to a couple of tools, then I would definitely recommend an LED + Derma Wand. (I have tried everything under the sun, and these are the tools that have given me real results.)

I've only ever used LightStim LED's, so that is what my experience is in.. Of the two I have, I recommend the AALS (Anti-Aging) model as the real result maker for our skin. I would also recommend that you have a look at the 'Pro Light Platinum', since the two devices have much in common.. (And, you would also get the benefit of a one on one consultation with Rita, who can work out an entire skincare routine for you as well, with the purchase of an LED.)

Here's a thread for Pro Light;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28775

I would only add that you not rush into purchasing everything you read about at EDS, without first asking lots of questions, and really getting to know the products you are considering. It's extremely easy to get overwhelmed, so it's important to do some homework FIRST!

As for those pesky brown spots and your Asian skin, I'm posting the following picture with my best buddies approval.. (Don't mind that we look like two scrubs, we had just completed a 4 hour car trip each to get together for the weekend.. Anyhoo, she got interested in LightStim last year, when she saw how it improved my skin and ordered one.. The few brown spots you can see on her chin, are the only ones left..(They were all over her face.. Embarassed ) She also had lots of firming through her cheeks, jaw and neck.. She's 55. (I'll remove this picture soon!.. Embarassed )

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, you have such a wonderful glow to your skin. Every time I see your pictures, I think you just look so healthy and glowing!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
What a cute pic! Wow, I am really impressed at the disappearance of the brown spots on your friend's face! Makes me want to trade in my RLS for the AALS! Shock

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reply! I will do more research as you suggested and read more postings and then decide. By the way, You look fabulous! After seeing your picture, I am leaning toward AALS. Did your friend experience scabbing of her brown spots? (I had IPL done once and I have hundreds of scabby freckles that took about a week to come off. Does AALS do the same thing?) Thanks again and I will read some of your posting on Derma Wand. (You have such a wonderful glow to your face! I can't wait to get started!)
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Now I want to buy it! Laughing I'm 29 and thinking about buying the LS to perk my skin up. I was thinking of getting the Anti-Aging and the blue one for acne. My question is can you use AALS around the eyes?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A,
I've just spent the last 2 hours reading over various LED threads... Now I'm leaning toward Pro Light, because it's less time consuming...(It's tough to find "my time" w/ a toddler...) I see that you know A LOT of the LED's, so I just want to run it by you... AALS and PLP are very similar in what they do right? Similar type of lights-wavelenght? There's a lot of reference to Amber vs. Platinum... I guess I should call Rita to find out what she would recommend for me.. but I'm now just trying to decide if I should go with AALS or PL... If you were to buy one, which one would you buy (if you didn't already have AALS?) Too many choices! I'm getting so confused.....I'll give Rita a call tomorrow...
THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT!!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for saying such nice things.. (I promise one day I'll post a picture where I don't look like a slug.. Embarassed )

Saka; I'm happy to hear you took some time to get familiar with the LED's... Yes, AALS and PLP have much in common, and I believe you can't go wrong with either one.

If time is a factor for you, than you should definitely lean more toward the PLP. The recommended treatment time is much less. You also can talk to Rita about your own unique situation, and she'll help you put a whole plan together.. (Be sure to ask plenty of questions for what you want to know specifically about the PLP.. I'm not sure if it works for freckles/spots at the times suggessted for treatments, but maybe more aggressive treatments would work.)

As for the brown spots my girlfriend suffered with, it took 10 months for them to completely fade from her cheeks.. No scabbing, just gradual fading over time.. As you can see in the picture, several on her chin were not as responsive. I also got rid of (faint) freckles on my chest and tops of hands.. The chest responded very quickly (about 12 weeks, and the few on my hands took almost a year.)

My needs were more for firming and tightening, and I believe that the AALS is the best LED available for that.. Perhaps the difference is the additional treatment times suggessted, all I know for sure is that it firmed and tightened my entire lower face, jaw + neck.. But since you are only 39, starting now, should keep the collagen flourishing with fewer treatments.. (It's so much easier to maintain than repair!)

You mentioned anxiously waiting for your Clarisonic, and also possibly having Rosacea, so be careful with that.. Take it slow and easy to be sure it doesn't exacerbate the situation.

Shylass;You're just a baby yet.. If you are dealing with an ongoing acne situation, then an LED would be something to consider.. If not, just concentrate on protecting your skin, and using a couple of nice anti-oxidant serums.. Retin-A a couple of times per week would be a good thing also. Above all, protect your skin from the sun..

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Aww bugger! Sad I missed your pics again Kassy. Being in Australia our time is so different, and I'm also abit later to get into EDS today than normal.
Could you leave them up a little longer next time, pretty please???
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Mishey, I promised my girlfriend I would only leave it up one day since it was the whole face..

I on the other hand am not shy about posting pics, because I really do think they are helpful when trying to explain things.. Wink

ETA: I also figured since there were 237 views in the day they were up, whomever wanted to ask questions or comment already did so .. Very Happy

queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's been 1 month of using the AALS and I am very pleased!!!
I did mention before that I just started doing Bikram Yoga 3 days before I received the Lightstim so some of the benefits might come from the Bikram but I attribute most to AALS.
My skin looks fantastic. My jawline already looks better. My eyebags and mouth pouches seem lessened.
I can't wait to see what the next few months hold.
Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences w/ AALS!
It may not be true but I feel I look better than I did 8 or 9 years ago.
Kim
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Nice going queen!

It's so nice to see all these *glowing* LightStim results... It seems like the majority of you, have had the same quick, great results that I had.

Tis a merry band of LightStimer's we are.. Very Happy

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Sorry Mishey, I promised my girlfriend I would only leave it up one day since it was the whole face..

I on the other hand am not shy about posting pics, because I really do think they are helpful when trying to explain things.. Wink

ETA: I also figured since there were 237 views in the day they were up, whomever wanted to ask questions or comment already did so .. Very Happy

Yep it is my own fault. I was very late at getting into EDS yesterday. And the others that I've missd have been the old ones posted and deleted ages ago. I'll just have to be more on the ball that's all. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Yep it is my own fault. I was very late at getting into EDS yesterday. And the others that I've missd have been the old ones posted and deleted ages ago. I'll just have to be more on the ball that's all. Smile

What exactly are you wanting to see my dear? I'll try to accomodate you.. Very Happy I just can't put my buddies face back up there for all the world to see.. Laughing

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I know that you know more about LEDs than almost anyone who isn't in the business! Here's a question: I recognize that Lightstim and ProLight have difference recommended treatment regimens. Do you think that is because the lights differ significantly in their specs or is it just that we are in the early days of knowing the most effective usage patterns and this is just a difference of opinion about the best way to use what are actually pretty similar products?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |