Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
^^ The card actually tells you everything you need to know. Like the 10 spots on your face, and the time for each area.

Is there anything else you need?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
is there a bill in it too? *plans to cheat on taxes* lol.

Will the AHA lotion be just as good?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
sorry what i meant was will the Mama Lotion be good as a pre-treatment?

did they put a bill in the package ?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
AALS update. I have been so pressed for free time this month that I haven't been able to use my AALS more than 2x's a week. I have noticed that some of the gains I have made are fading!! Shock Shock

I guess the moral of this story is the AALS is like crack once you start you can't stop. Laughing

Yes AHA's are a great pre-treat if you follow Kassy's recipe. I inadvertently put the wrong type of AHA into my pre-treat....

Oh no Alley the gains are fading??? Shock
Maintenance is 3 times a week isn't it? Were you using it 3 times a week before and keeping the gains?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
sorry what i meant was will the Mama Lotion be good as a pre-treatment?

did they put a bill in the package ?

Calorblind what is Mama Lotion?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Mama lotion is an AHA lotion (mandelic and malic acid)
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Anyone from Europe who has ordered this?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Alley wrote:
AALS update. I have been so pressed for free time this month that I haven't been able to use my AALS more than 2x's a week. I have noticed that some of the gains I have made are fading!! Shock Shock

I guess the moral of this story is the AALS is like crack once you start you can't stop. Laughing

Yes AHA's are a great pre-treat if you follow Kassy's recipe. I inadvertently put the wrong type of AHA into my pre-treat....

Maintenance is 3 times a week isn't it? Were you using it 3 times a week before and keeping the gains?

Hi Alley,

What do you mean by wrong type of AHA?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I saw was the paper card inside the bag that tells you to use it in 10 different areas on your face, and for 2-3 minutes per spot. There's a diagram of where to put on your face but I think it's pretty self-explanatory, too. Hope you got it figured out by looking at the diagrams.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
What will happen if you fall asleep with the light on your face for 20 minutes?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Alley wrote:

Sorry Mishey I missed your post. I was able to maintain the gains with 3 - 4 times a week.

Funkydory I was using a body cream that had an AHA level of 12% - I completely misunderstood what Kassy meant by AHA. I now have the Glygolic Acid from Cellbone and have made the pre-treat serum.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

Bira! Did you???
Totter
5% products discount

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies, I have been using the AALS for a week now. I haven't seen any change in my face but I know it must be doing something because the hand test that I am doing on my left hand! Well OMGosh! there is a noticeable change there. It is smoother, lighter and less wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

You will damage your skin!!! Don't do that! Don't go over the recommended time of 3 mins per area! I overlapped an area under my eye and the skin looks bad and has never recovered Sad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Bira wrote:

You will damage your skin!!! Don't do that! Don't go over the recommended time of 3 mins per area! I overlapped an area under my eye and the skin looks bad and has never recovered Sad

We need to enlist Kassy when she is back from vacation to figure out the magic potion you will need to fix your eye.

I overlap all over my face but obviously have been fortunate that nothing bad has happened.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl,

I've been meaning to ask you about your under eye area re the AALS...wasn't it a brown spot that developed there?

Has the skin on any other area of your face responded negatively to the AALS...or did reducing the time stop any damage?

Also how are you doing in general with this device...any improvements?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Katz

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and lucky me I found it quite by accident while searching for info on the best LED to buy. Still not sure which is best though for an oldie like me who lives in the Middle east but does her very best to protect her skin. Have narrowed it down to the LightStim or Baby Quasar and would appreciate any advice. I am going to try and find the ingredients to make a Vit C Serum tomorrow but unfortunately Dubai is great for finding the expensive options rather than the basic, hence no home user LEDs only very expensive clinic options.

Cheers to you all Cool
Katz

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if I appear dense but is AALS the Anti Aging Light Stim? I don't want to buy the wrong product Rolling Eyes
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes, AALS is the Anti-Aging LightStim and I love mine
Katz

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have just taken the plunge and ordered my AALS...all due to this marvelous Site. I read the posts about VitC Serums and Asprin Masks which all sound so good (and inexpensive) but now I can't find the recipies? Help please Confused
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy recipe:

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract (optional but nice)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

For those of you who use and are well conditioned to copper peptides, it would be a good addition to this serum in a very small quantity..(like drops, not spoonfuls.. Shock )

So that's it Kiddie's... Have fun, and may the *light* be with you!
Katz

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if I would get a positive effect by using my AALS on my Bat Wings - flabby underarms that come from being 58 even though I do lots of gym time? Sad
tamizami

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i'm brand new here, learned about the forum from a friend on another one. wow, what a great group of knowledgeable people here! i just tried my first attempt at a vitamin c+e+ferulic acid serum today.....and just now came across this thread on LED. i remember getting a photo-facial a few years ago and LOVING the results. is this for me?

anyway, i'm 48 and a lifelong sun-worshipper (i know, i know), have been blessed with great genes, eat very healthy and take supplements, exercise regularly and all i drink is water and unsweetened iced-tea and very rarely (once every 2 or 3 months) a vodka soda. other than botox every 9 months or so for the "11" between the eyes, i don't really do ANYTHING for my skin other than keep it clean, use a gentle rose water toner 2x per day, and put inexpensive drug-store serums or cream/sunscreen on it. i wear mineral makeup occassionally. i did have a problem with melasma when i was on the bc pill and then when i went off of it. it seems to be coming back as i'm getting perimenopausal.

please help? what should i be doing? i'm very interested in the AALS, but i'm totally lost. TIA Smile
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
tamizami wrote:
hi everyone,

i'm brand new here, learned about the forum from a friend on another one. wow, what a great group of knowledgeable people here! i just tried my first attempt at a vitamin c+e+ferulic acid serum today.....and just now came across this thread on LED. i remember getting a photo-facial a few years ago and LOVING the results. is this for me?

anyway, i'm 48 and a lifelong sun-worshipper (i know, i know), have been blessed with great genes, eat very healthy and take supplements, exercise regularly and all i drink is water and unsweetened iced-tea and very rarely (once every 2 or 3 months) a vodka soda. other than botox every 9 months or so for the "11" between the eyes, i don't really do ANYTHING for my skin other than keep it clean, use a gentle rose water toner 2x per day, and put inexpensive drug-store serums or cream/sunscreen on it. i wear mineral makeup occassionally. i did have a problem with melasma when i was on the bc pill and then when i went off of it. it seems to be coming back as i'm getting perimenopausal.

please help? what should i be doing? i'm very interested in the AALS, but i'm totally lost. TIA Smile

The AALS will be a good complement to your skincare regime.

It might help you with the fine lines which you are getting botox for.

What are you looking to tackle?
tamizami

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply. here are my goals for my skin:

* even out the skintone, reduce/eliminate melasma/hyperpigmentation
* reduce fine lines as much as possible
* increase collagen production
* reduce under eye puffiness/circles
* eliminate hormonal cysts

i would not describe my skin as sensitive at all, i have always had great results with pretty strong glycolic acid treatments during facials.

seems like the AALS is a definite for me.....as far as skin care regimen, i'm looking for suggestions, which is why i'm here! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |