Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
leathal wrote:
callalily wrote:
Is this still the code for EDS members?:

EDS83py4t

Is this a discount code for the LightStim?

Yep - just checked it out and it adds an additional 10% discount.

I'm getting really close to buying one of these - but I am still confused on what is the best choice, though I'm leaning towards the AALS. My face is starting to get gaunt and squarish, plus the skin on my body is looking old Sad

Does this have any effect on elasticity as well as the collagen rebuilding?

I know, I've been on the fence too. Trying to get the bank asccount built back up. I have hyperpigmentation i want to get rid of, plus some fine lines. Just trying to keep everything in check.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I have hyperpigmentation from red acne marks and fine lines on my forehead. I've been using the lightstim for almost 2months now and have not noticed them gone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the AALS pretty consistently since February . I have no idea if it was/is supposed to help with elasticity but I personally have found a huge improvement. I notice it most when I pull the skin - there seems to be less to pull and it bounces back better.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I have been using the AALS pretty consistently since February . I have no idea if it was/is supposed to help with elasticity but I personally have found a huge improvement. I notice it most when I pull the skin - there seems to be less to pull and it bounces back better.
HTH

I totally agree... Definitely more collagen and elastin here too.. My upper eye area has really tightened, with little or no crepy looseness left. It also really filled in the crows feet area, and I have just a few very faint fine lines at this point.

The most resistant part I find (unfortunately) is the NL area, and this took the longest to respond for me. (You younger users are way ahead of the game though, because it's much easier to prevent than correct.) For me, the aging process brings a new dilemma every day, and keeping one step ahead of that is a very good thing.
minnym0use
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - so you shut your eyes and place it over the eyelid?

Thanks for help

MM
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
minnym0use wrote:

Thanks for help

MM

I do

5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
txgirl wrote:
leathal wrote:
callalily wrote:

EDS83py4t

I'm getting really close to buying one of these - but I am still confused on what is the best choice, though I'm leaning towards the AALS. My face is starting to get gaunt and squarish, plus the skin on my body is looking old Sad

If your face is starting to get a guant squarish look that is usually as a result of facial fat loss. As we age we tend to lose more of the facial fat, or as some call it baby face fat, which can make us look guant and squarish. It also can make us look older too.

If your guantness and squarish look is due to facial fat loss than an LED device will not have much affect on that since it can not replace the fat in the face.

I do need to look into fillers a bit, but the delima is I like the fact that my face is narrower (always had a pudgy baby face), it's the starting to sag and square jowling I can't stand. And the gooble I'm seeing under my chin! I actually consider a mini lower face lift every time I look in the mirror - find myself pulling my jawline/neck up and it looks sooo much better Very Happy I've just read too many nightmare stories on the web.
txgirl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
minnym0use wrote:
I strongly suggest facial exercises for the look you are trying to achieve. Facial exercises aren't perfect but man, they sure help.

MM

I try to do some facial exercises, but I'm very inconsistent. I was looking at the TV, among others as a way to help motivate me?

What exercises do you recommend?
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless if you Dare... doesn't take much time, not expensive and it worked wonders for me. Coupled with the AALS I have taken a few years off my age. Skin is silky soft, my acne pigmentation scars have faded, there are no age spots left on the back of my hands, my skin is plumper and more elastic. I have been doing both since Feb.

I would suggest you add the Kassy 15% Vit C, E + Ferulic and the Kassy LED Pre-Treat.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
Ageless if you Dare... doesn't take much time, not expensive and it worked wonders for me. Coupled with the AALS I have taken a few years off my age. Skin is silky soft, my acne pigmentation scars have faded, there are no age spots left on the back of my hands, my skin is plumper and more elastic. I have been doing both since Feb.

I would suggest you add the Kassy 15% Vit C, E + Ferulic and the Kassy LED Pre-Treat.

milbader - how long did it take for the hyperpigmentation to fade?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:
txgirl wrote:
leathal wrote:
callalily wrote:

EDS83py4t

If your face is starting to get a guant squarish look that is usually as a result of facial fat loss. As we age we tend to lose more of the facial fat, or as some call it baby face fat, which can make us look guant and squarish. It also can make us look older too.

If your guantness and squarish look is due to facial fat loss than an LED device will not have much affect on that since it can not replace the fat in the face.

I do need to look into fillers a bit, but the delima is I like the fact that my face is narrower (always had a pudgy baby face), it's the starting to sag and square jowling I can't stand. And the gooble I'm seeing under my chin! I actually consider a mini lower face lift every time I look in the mirror - find myself pulling my jawline/neck up and it looks sooo much better Very Happy I've just read too many nightmare stories on the web.

I had a lower face and neck about 8 years ago and you would not believe the difference. My neck and under chin is still great. No neck rings still. I have really been pleased. Now if I could get rid of the spots and fine lines...lol
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:

If you have significant looseness and sagging in the neck and jaw, an LED won't reverse that.

With continued use and total committment it will firm things somewhat in several months time, but it will never take the place of a surgical procedure. The most immediate an very apparent thing you can expect from the AALS is amazing skin changes, which get better all the time, (and I'm talking baby like skin), next the fine lines start to disappear as the collagen kicks in, lastly you will see and feel continued firming + a healthy plumpness... (This is in a nutshell, and based on my experience.)

But I do believe, that starting an LED regime in the 30's or 40's, would greatly reduce the need for surgery later on... (Just an FYI for you younguns out there.. Idea )

Just an FYI for those following my Omnilux journey.. I did 5 treatments. It's a swift PITA and takes more than 3 hours each time. Nothing positive to report yet. But I'm now noticing a bit of looseness in the front of neck and under chin.. I was creditting the Vaculifter for the firming of my neck, but now I see it must have been the LED as well because I'm still using the V. I miss the AALS, but I still have high hopes that the Omnilux will work out well. I would love to alternate once a week with each ultimately..
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
LightStim web site says the light promotes the production of both collagen and elastin. I purchased FE but returned it three days later. I just couldn't find the time to do it. I already have enough on my plate. Perhaps I'll give Ageless a try.

I'm glad that I found this forum and learned all of these great things from you ladies here. I'm 33 and hopefully will never look past 40 Wink by using my AALS religiously, sticking to a good skin care routine, sleep well, eat healthy and later adding some facial excercise!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
foxe: The pigmentation spots on the backs of my hands faded more quickly then the ones on my face. I am continuing to see improvement on my face, so much so that my Hubby noticed. There is more work to do but I am very hopeful.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Milbalder - The AAlightim also lightened the sun spots on my hands as well. In addition I put green tea and avocado oil in my hand cream
and that really seems to fade the spots a little more quickly. Since I have made so much progress with my hands, I now use gloves when I drive to keep them out of the sun. That really
really helps! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to know that Steve is receiving emails now advertising green tea cream. Now you know what the study telling scary stories about IR is really about.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
foxe: The pigmentation spots on the backs of my hands faded more quickly then the ones on my face. I am continuing to see improvement on my face, so much so that my Hubby noticed. There is more work to do but I am very hopeful.

milbader - can you say how long it took for the acne pigmentation spots to fade? How long have you used the LED too?

fairiedust said she's been using her lightstim for 2 mos and her acne spots are not gone yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
foxe: I haven using the AALS since Feb 09. Starting out I used it everyday but about a month ago I started to use it every other day. I use it for 3 minutes in each area.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
milbader, how long did it take for the acne pigmentation spots to fade?

Thanks

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

I am new but have been reading the forums for awhile. There seems to be quite a few of you who are really gung ho about this device. I have some sun-damage (I'm 50) and lines (especially on my forehead) that I would like to fix. I also have psoriasis. Does anyone know if this will help or make the psoriasis worse?

Thank you
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
foxe: I don't remember when the spots began to fade because it is a very slow process. I would say 4-5 months to start seeing improvement in the pigmentation. About 1-2 weeks for skin to start to feel smooth and soft.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Janiek - I've had the AAlightstim for about 18 months. The first 3 months I used it aobut
5 times a week and 2 or 3 times a week after that. The sun spots started fading after about 3 months and the mimimal lines after several months. It takes time but it does work. Don't know about psoriasis but you can ask Steve at lightstim. Just go to the lightstim website and email or call the 800 number. DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
minnym0use wrote:

Thanks for help

MM

I do

I thought it was recommended not to place it over your eyelids?
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx: I did try the gloves in the car but it made my hands too warm. Looks like I will give it another try! Are you in the Phoenix area?
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I received my LightStim today. I can't wait to start using it! Can anybody tell me how many infrared bulbs are on the head approximately? I just want to know how many unlit bulbs I should be seeing. Wow, is it lightweight! I have to say, I was surprised at how it was packaged. It was in a small priority box with no protective material. I thought the bulbs or delicate mechanisms would need protecting. Did anyone else receive theirs this way? I hope it lives up to my expectations. Take care everyone.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |