Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

I had and am seeing him.
I am also trying to learn his technique as well (he trains medical professionals, which I am not, but helping in MDs office was allowed to partake).

There are practitioner of his method all over the world (in one of the classes I have met an MD from Ireland, and know several in NYC vicinity).

HTH

Thank you!
Does he have an office in NYC (I live in Queens)? Can you tell me how to make an appointment to see him? Also, what is his technique and what do you have to do to learn it? Do you have to sign up for a class? If yes, where and how often the classes are conducted? Sorry for so many questions.

Thank you very much.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

he works in Austin, TX and in Torrance, CA.

You can try www.prlabs.com or www.healthline.cc and ask them how to see him (I believe he no longer takes new patients). Also they can give you a list of local practitioners. I also know of someone good in NJ or Brooklyn.

To study with him you need to be a medical professional (chiropractor, nurse, acupuncturist, ND, MF, etc. or be a CN). In any case they will be able to assist you with that as well.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

he works in Austin, TX and in Torrance, CA.

You can try [url]www.prlabs.com [/url] or www.healthline.cc and ask them how to see him (I believe he no longer takes new patients). Also they can give you a list of local practitioners. I also know of someone good in NJ or Brooklyn.
HTH

Thank you.

Can you please tell me what is his technique or in other words how does he cure/help people?

Also, please can you give me the information for the person in Brooklyn that uses his technique.

Thanks again.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I tried to explain it in an earlier post -
Quote:

His methodology is based partially on TCM (energy, meridians, and certain points corresponding to certain organs; and the points are not necessarily the same as would be used for acupuncture); the method of testing each point was developed by Dr. Omura (MD and MS in Electrical Engineering, who also patented the method).

The idea is that the person is being tested and the correct supplements for that person and at the given moment are selected (i.e. I had a period when Green Tea was bad for me for 2 months, otherwise it is fantastic).

The supplements serve as a temporary bandage to compensate for the current energy deficiencies, while a person works on the removal of the true culprits (infection sites, traumas, scars, etc. anything that ruined the energy pathways; that is mostly done via specific mud applications and some other techniques).

This is of course a very primitive and short description.

I will PM you the practitioner's info.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma,
I got your PM.
Thank you!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
My third session using Kassy's suggested protocol - very pleased with the results.

Thank you Kassy, darling, as always.

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Hmmm,
According to the above logic better not blow dry wet hair everyone!

JMHO
DM

This is an exact example of snipping that Kassy is referring to in her above post - it is getting old....

DarkMoon - Do you feel your post adds any value to the thread for AALS? If it does, then pls ignore my post, but if it doesn't, then maybe you will consider keeping your comments to yourself?

I own the AALS and Steve from LS mentioned that AALS should be used on dry skin. When I use the AALS, the appliance does touch my face and if its dripping wet, it will definitely get on the appliance and potentially drip onto the electrical wiring. When you blow dry your hair, your wet hair does not touch the electrical parts and its the hot air that has contact with your hair. Besides, I can't think of a situation where your wet hair can drip onto the dryer since you are not leaving your dryer on your hair for prolonged periods.

This is just so childish. I'm sure many will agree with me that Kassy has given tremendous input to this forum. It is really sad that because of redundant comments like yours, she feels hesitant to post and share her opinions so that people that aren't that close to her can benefit as well.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
All this hoohaa about wetness is completely ridiculous IMHO. Admittedly, I live in a hot climate - but when I apply anything to my face, my skin just sucks it up and its gone in a flash. Plus, the LED treatment takes me about 45 minutes, so the supposed wetness is only going to apply to the first application of the LED. Nobody is going to be applying the AALS to a sopping wet face, you'd have to be continually wetting the face down for it to be a real worry. And whether or not there is a need to wait 20 minutes, I really don't know. But considering the length of the treatment time, I don't see that it's all that important.

I repeat again, if we were having this type of discussion face to face, we would all be laughing about the things we get up to - not pulling each other apart.

No-one is trying to give Kassy a hard time - I know that she really has a heart of gold and enjoys helping people - however, others should be allowed to comment if they wish.

I think everyone should just grab a gadget and chill-out - the "Sensitivity Factor" is way too high at the moment. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I read it as apply the green tea and wait for 20mins before using the lightstim.
I guess because Lacey is contradicting herself because she earlier said wait 20mins and now she's telling someone not to wait?
I noticed Lacey tries to refute whatever Kassy says. Like she wants to prove Kassy wrong and she expects them to be supported with studies. Well that's just my opinion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I read it as apply the green tea and wait for 20mins before using the lightstim.
I guess because Lacey is contradicting herself because she earlier said wait 20mins and now she's telling someone not to wait?
I noticed Lacey tries to refute whatever Kassy says. Like she wants to prove Kassy wrong and she expects them to be supported with studies. Well that's just my opinion.

Just putting my 2 cents in here. I believe Lacy was quoting a 2nd study where it said you did not need to wait? I could be wrong, but I thought there was like a part 1 and a part 2 of the study. I don't think anyone is trying to refute what anyone says - everyone is just sharing their own opinion on things. That is what the forum is for, no?

ETA: I do not use the lightstim, but I follow this thread for useful info as I do use the Prolight and think people can get good advice on usage time, etc, from others who have used the LED's with good results.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rileygirl said,

"Just putting my 2 cents in here. I believe Lacy was quoting a 2nd study where it said you did not need to wait? I could be wrong, but I thought there was like a part 1 and a part 2 of the study. I don't think anyone is trying to refute what anyone says - everyone is just sharing their own opinion on things. That is what the forum is for, no?"

Lacey gave this same info on another thread (I believe it was the led and green teas thread, but am not sure)were it was very well received and she was thanked and appreciated for the info.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Lacey gave this same info on another thread (I believe it was the led and green teas thread, but am not sure)were it was very well received and she was thanked and appreciated for the info.

This is the post from Lacy you are talking about, jasminerosey.

"For those of you interested in the study by Sommer and Zhu, I was able to find more information:

Photomedicine and Laser Surgery

Green Tea and Red Light - A Powerful Duo in Skin Rejuvenation.

Online information can be seen here:

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/pho.2009.2547?prevSearch=allfield%253A%2528sommer%2Bzhu%2529&searchHistoryKey=

Please note the following protocol regarding the application of green tea prior to LED exposure:

After 2 months of extreme oxidative stress, green tea-filled cotton pads were placed once per day for 20 minutes onto the skin before treatment with an array of light-emitting diodes ..."

**FOR** 20 minutes, not 20 minutes before. HTH
"
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Actually, waiting may make sense - to allow more penetration time (unscientific common sense observation).

Unfortunately, I agree with faeriedust. I had also seen a pattern of an attempts by Lacy to refute anything that Kassy said. I find it rather sad and not productive.

We are here to share the knowledge and information, not to compete or prove points (or collect number of posts).

Let's try to move forward in a more friendly and productive way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is off topic - so no flames please in advance.

I miss Kassy.

Nothing else to say on the subject.

PQ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

I miss Kassy.

PQ.

Me too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - I also miss Kassy and her straightforward viewpoints. She was the one who caused me to start researching the AAlightstim which I've had for 18 months and love. Her serum recipes and other good advice were terrific as well.

She was also one to try all the new gadgets and report back to the rest of us - and you know it
was truthful. It's very unfortunate that folks don't respect differing opinions as we lose so much information and education when that happens!
Kassy - we'd love to have you back! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I am positive I remember you saying you live in Australia and I was wondering where you bought your AALS as I am really wanting this.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I feel, also, that Kassy has had a very dynamic, alive presence on this forum and has given much to people.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pal - There is a website - www.lightstim.com where youi can purchase
this LED. Steve is the owner and he will answer anyemails or 800 phone calls. Let him know you are an EDS forum member and he many give you a discount. I've had th3 AAlightstim for 18 months and love it! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy come back pleeease!
We all miss you. Sad
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi Pal - There is a website - www.lightstim.com where youi can purchase
this LED. Steve is the owner and he will answer anyemails or 800 phone calls. Let him know you are an EDS forum member and he many give you a discount. I've had th3 AAlightstim for 18 months and love it! DiPhx

Oh thank you so much DiPhx
I will definitely contact him,and mention EDS Laughing Hopefully he will have the international one that all I will need is an adaptor which I already have.
Thanks again for your response xx
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I am in Australia, and I purchased from the Lightstim website that DiPhx has given you. Just tell them that you want the Australian plug.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Yep, I am in Australia, and I purchased from the Lightstim website that DiPhx has given you. Just tell them that you want the Australian plug.

Thanks for the confirmation Keliu. I have emailed Steve as suggested by Diphx and said I will need the universal one.
Umm do they have an Australian one that we dont need an adaptors or anything for?
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I miss Kassy.

PQ.

Me three!!!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Alley wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I miss Kassy.

PQ.

Me three!!!

Me four!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |