Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lucas Paw Paw ointment.

I am really loving City Lips plumper as a balm - my lips are so soft. Much different to the wizened things they became after using lipfusion.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
i definitely love the lip balm from Dr. hauschka
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
somewhere in this formum I think I said that Carmex was my one and only. Oh well, I should have known better. I have fallen in love with the CO Bigelow line at Bath & Body works. These balms are great and have very gentle flavors. The tubes are nice too. My favorite is called "MY FAVORITE LIP BALM" Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jurlique and Kiehl's, probably Jurlique slightly better.

Prada no 5 I love for day wear!

I have just ordered a pot of Eve Lom Kiss Mix, hopefully I will like that as well!

I do not like Lush lip lime, that one feels good going on but dried the heck out of my lips.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
I do not like Lush lip lime, that one feels good going on but dried the heck out of my lips.
That happened to me with Perricone's lip stuff -- it took me two weeks to get them back in shape after only 3 applications of the Perricone!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
stellamaris wrote:
That happened to me with Perricone's lip stuff -- it took me two weeks to get them back in shape after only 3 applications of the Perricone!

ooo I loathe all things Perricone!!! Such a ripoff! Yes that Perricone lip stuff is rotten, I had forgotten about it... maybe I blocked it out of my memory because it was so bad Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
carekate wrote:
stellamaris wrote:

ooo I loathe all things Perricone!!! Such a ripoff! Yes that Perricone lip stuff is rotten, I had forgotten about it... maybe I blocked it out of my memory because it was so bad Smile

I've never bought Perricone stuff because it seemed overpriced...and now I'm sure I never will! Laughing What does this stuff DO to your lips?? I've heard of products being not-very-moisturizing but it sounds like this stuff turns your lips to sandpaper! Shock

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Nijey wrote:
I just discovered a new lipbalm the other day--Chicken Poop.

It contains soybean oil, beeswax, jojoba oil and lavender and sweet orange essential oils (no chicken poop, of course). It has a nice, smooth, slick texture (slicker than my HG Prada balms, but still not greasy or bad) and the most heavenly scent. It leaves my lips feeling really silky-smooth. Plus, it's super-cheap and available at most drugstores.

Never heard of it -- where are you located? Could it be you've found a product that can't be gotten in America, instead of the other way around?! I thought I was familar with every 'drugstore' lip balm brand available....

Maybe it's not available in every drugstore. I'm in Connecticut and I've only see it at Walgreens so far, but there have been a few reviews about it on MUA for awhile (I remembered the reviews, which is why I even tried this stuff!). I moved here recently and didn't ever see Chicken Poop in any of the Philly drugstores. But maybe Walgreens just started stocking this item? You know how they're always changing their stock around...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
stellamaris wrote:
carekate wrote:
stellamaris wrote:

I've heard of products being not-very-moisturizing but it sounds like this stuff turns your lips to sandpaper! Shock
Just about!...I don't know what was in it, I tried it before I cared about such things (around the time I first joined EDS) -- I went in to Sephora to get the Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm (based on Mabsy's rec) and they didn't have it and the SA talked me into buying the Perricone. I applied some the minute I left the store and get in my car...I drove down the road to the post office to mail a package and by the time I got back in the car, my lips started feeling really chapped. Stupidly, I applied more Perricone and drove down the road again to take care of more business, lips felt even more chapped and I applied still more. By the time I got back to my car – approx 2 hours after buying the damn stuff – my lips felt like the Sahara Desert and I finally realized that the Perricone was to blame. I turned the car around right then and there are drove 20 minutes back to Sephora to return it and get my money back. From that day forward, I never ever allowed any SA to talk me into buying any product other than what I went in the store for. These days, if a SA makes any sort of recommendation to me, I just smile politely and continue about my business because I figure by now I know more than they do and they should be asking ME for recommendations!

Actually, you have no idea how hard it is for me when I walk into Sephora and see them trying the soft sale/hard sale technique on some poor sap for something like GoSmile or LipFusion – I just want to take the poor sucker aside and tell them about the Auro ear drops and/or HA pills so they can save their money. It was ESPECIALLY hard the day I was in Sephora and they had a GoSmile rep in there doing in-store demos – I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from butting in! Bad Grin Come to think of it, maybe Sephora doesn’t WANT me to be one of their “In” girls because I'd probably end up COSTING them business....

5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I vote Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm and Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm! Best for winter!! Love them!! Laughing
moomin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I vote Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm and Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm! Best for winter!! Love them!! Laughing
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
I've heard of products being not-very-moisturizing but it sounds like this stuff turns your lips to sandpaper! Shock
Just about!...I don't know what was in it, I tried it before I cared about such things (around the time I first joined EDS) -- I went in to Sephora to get the Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm (based on Mabsy's rec) and they didn't have it and the SA talked me into buying the Perricone. I applied some the minute I left the store and get in my car...I drove down the road to the post office to mail a package and by the time I got back in the car, my lips started feeling really chapped. Stupidly, I applied more Perricone and drove down the road again to take care of more business, lips felt even more chapped and I applied still more. By the time I got back to my car – approx 2 hours after buying the damn stuff – my lips felt like the Sahara Desert and I finally realized that the Perricone was to blame. I turned the car around right then and there are drove 20 minutes back to Sephora to return it and get my money back. From that day forward, I never ever allowed any SA to talk me into buying any product other than what I went in the store for. These days, if a SA makes any sort of recommendation to me, I just smile politely and continue about my business because I figure by now I know more than they do and they should be asking ME for recommendations!

Actually, you have no idea how hard it is for me when I walk into Sephora and see them trying the soft sale/hard sale technique on some poor sap for something like GoSmile or LipFusion – I just want to take the poor sucker aside and tell them about the Auro ear drops and/or HA pills so they can save their money. It was ESPECIALLY hard the day I was in Sephora and they had a GoSmile rep in there doing in-store demos – I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from butting in! Bad Grin Come to think of it, maybe Sephora doesn’t WANT me to be one of their “In” girls because I'd probably end up COSTING them business....

Aaack! This stuff sounds hideous! Good thing you got your money back, as I'm sure it cost an arm and a leg just because it had the Perricone name on it!

I still think you should be an In Girl! I mean, they say they want people who can "sound off on all things beauty"...and with your product knowledge and propensity for straight-shooting when it comes to reviews, you're a perfect fit!

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I have to say Pure vitamin E (15,000 to 20,000 IU). Very hydrating. Just love it. It's my HG lip treatment.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
carekate wrote:
Nijey wrote:
I just discovered a new lipbalm the other day--Chicken Poop.

It contains soybean oil, beeswax, jojoba oil and lavender and sweet orange essential oils (no chicken poop, of course). It has a nice, smooth, slick texture (slicker than my HG Prada balms, but still not greasy or bad) and the most heavenly scent. It leaves my lips feeling really silky-smooth. Plus, it's super-cheap and available at most drugstores.

Never heard of it -- where are you located? Could it be you've found a product that can't be gotten in America, instead of the other way around?! I thought I was familar with every 'drugstore' lip balm brand available....

Maybe it's not available in every drugstore. I'm in Connecticut and I've only see it at Walgreens so far, but there have been a few reviews about it on MUA for awhile (I remembered the reviews, which is why I even tried this stuff!). I moved here recently and didn't ever see Chicken Poop in any of the Philly drugstores. But maybe Walgreens just started stocking this item? You know how they're always changing their stock around...

Hi, I bought the I love chicken Poop lip balm at Walgreens here in the Houston area and really love it. I use it during the daytime and use my heavy duty emu oil balm at night. The chicken poop lady has a web site and is developing other products and she also explains the chiken poop name, pretty funny. Laughing
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Will this really help with dry cracked lips? My lips seem to get "worse" when I use anything on them. Winter is the worst.

BTW- is "Chicken Poop" for real? Yuck! Laughing

TIA!

H
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Been looking for one of these . . gee . . thanks!

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey- i'm in Connecticut too! I'm gonna have to check at Walgreens for it

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:22 am      Reply with quote
chellsta, There isn't chicken poop in the lip balm, for heaven's sake. That's just what she named it because if I remember right, it has to do with an experience with her grandfather on the farm when she was a kid. Anyway, the lip balm is great!! Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
chellsta, There isn't chicken poop in the lip balm, for heaven's sake. That's just what she named it because if I remember right, it has to do with an experience with her grandfather on the farm when she was a kid. Anyway, the lip balm is great!! Laughing
Sorta like the "Boudreux's (sp?) Butt Paste" for diaper rash -- you gotta admit that "Chicken Poop" isn't a name you're likely to forget!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I’m actually quite impressed by the ingredients list for this Chicken Poop, to wit:

Soy, Jojoba, Sweet Orange, Lavender, Bees Wax

I still think my own homemade lip balm is better simply because I have even more natural ingredients that are going to penetrate and heal from the inside out, but I *am* impressed that Chicken Poop doesn’t contain any of the ingredients that actually CAUSE dryness – as is the case with A LOT of so-called “wonder” lip products out there – which in turn kick off a cycle of abuse (i.e.: the lip balm makes your lips feel dry so you apply more of it, which makes them feel even dryer, so you apply still more, and so it goes).

If I wasn’t in the lip balm business myself, I’d definitely buy Chicken Poop....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Sorta like the "Boudreux's (sp?) Butt Paste" for diaper rash -- you gotta admit that "Chicken Poop" isn't a name you're likely to forget!

I saw the Butt Paste in CVS yesterday for the first time, and I almost passed out from laughing! I love funnily-named products.

While I was in CVS, I picked up some Blistex Herbal Answer lip balm, and I LOVE it!! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

I still think my own homemade lip balm is better simply because I have even more natural ingredients that are going to penetrate and heal from the inside out

Carekate, I posted a review on your Lush Lips in Dolce Vita. A HUGE thanks for the sample - I totally adore it.

I love how it moisturizes and softens my lips but also adds a hint of color and smells and tastes great!

Most colors turn pink on my lips but dolce vita stayed a very sheer red that enhanced my natural color.

the texture is great too. Not as waxy as my Burt's Bees but more 'balmy' than lip gloss.
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Biotherm one. I found that it was pretty good.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Chicken Poop, and I really like it. lol. The Chicken Poop story is something like she licked her lips a lot as a child and her grandfather told her if she kept it up he'd put chicken poop on them.

Ewww!

At first the lavendery smell of it made my nose crinkle up, but now I guess I'm used to it because it doesn't bother me. It's natural -- just oils and beeswax, and it works. Feels slick putting it on. Runs about $2.50.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
YSL lip balm is lovely but very expensive. Smile Another choice will be Vasaline Aloe one.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |