Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is really the best lip balm I have ever seen. It is much better than the Kiehl's one, it could keep the lips moisture for half of a day, (my office is very very dry.)My roomate has very sensitive lip, but this is also very good for her.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
chicot wrote:
This is really the best lip balm I have ever seen. It is much better than the Kiehl's one, it could keep the lips moisture for half of a day, (my office is very very dry.)My roomate has very sensitive lip, but this is also very good for her.

Which lip balm are you referring to, Chicot?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
My favorite for day time is Sebamed lip stick spf 30 , this really plumps up my lips protects them from drying out and is just great ...

and for night time retin-a cream followed by any thing hydrating or even vasline , I found that using this routine has kept my lip in great shape very plump and nice
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Yube lip balm with my last EDS and really like it. It hasn't got an SPF but I'm really impressed with it.
senesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love Molton Brown Travel Companion Lib Balm.
anjim
5% products discount

Sat May 17, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use a brand called Brew by Crazy Rumors. I read about it from a site that only reviews lip balms and this one was at the top of the list. I have tried so many balms and this is the only balm I have ever purchased over and over again! I keep one next to my bed, in the bathroom, next to my chair, and in every coat pocket and purse I own. That is how much I love this stuff! I use the Orange Bergamot flavor. The balms are in two categories. Coffee and Tea. I have tried every flavor and the Orange is the best! The amaretto is my next choice. These balms are vegan and cruelty free. You can get them atwww.crazyrumors.com
INGREDIENTS: jojoba oil, shea butter, olive oil, candelilla wax, soy wax, vitamin E, natural flavors, carnauba wax, mica and stevia.

I use these so much that I bought all the ingredients to make my own, but I couldn't get the texture down. Oh well, $8 a tube is not too outrageous for something I love so much. Anyone that has dry lips that drive you crazy should try this. Let me know if you do. Very Happy
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I love kheil's. They make tinted balms too that you can wear as a gloss.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Anyone use Gatineau's lip balm? Carekat had such a good review for it. i've been tempted to try it...but its $54 on EDS!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
$54.00 OMG - is the tube gold-plated?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
anjim wrote:
I use a brand called Brew by Crazy Rumors. I read about it from a site that only reviews lip balms and this one was at the top of the list. I have tried so many balms and this is the only balm I have ever purchased over and over again! I keep one next to my bed, in the bathroom, next to my chair, and in every coat pocket and purse I own. That is how much I love this stuff! I use the Orange Bergamot flavor. The balms are in two categories. Coffee and Tea. I have tried every flavor and the Orange is the best! The amaretto is my next choice. These balms are vegan and cruelty free. You can get them atwww.crazyrumors.com
INGREDIENTS: jojoba oil, shea butter, olive oil, candelilla wax, soy wax, vitamin E, natural flavors, carnauba wax, mica and stevia.

Thanks for intro-ing these to me.

I have an aunt who loves coffee and the coffee set would be a nice gift for her. Personally, the tea ones sound yummy to me Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehls #1 Lipbalm or Lush's Chocolate Whipstick (yum!)
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
super sweets - haha. i know but ladies on this forum say its great. i wish they had samples...
anjim
5% products discount

Sun May 18, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm~I hope you and your aunt like the balm. please let me know. Very Happy
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Believe me or not, I use Caramex and love it so far. This is cheap and it goes on natural and most importantly, its cheap, its only a little over one dollar and I typically buy a few and put one in each purse.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
PAW PAW OINTMENT I loveeee this stuff I have about 6 tubes all over my house, work, car and one in almost every bag I own loll
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
seno, you seem to use products I've never heard of, what is PAW PAW ointment, I have never seen it in any drug store or online? How much is it and how is it compare to the other lip balm?
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
seno, you seem to use products I've never heard of, what is PAW PAW ointment, I have never seen it in any drug store or online? How much is it and how is it compare to the other lip balm?

Sorry
The product is called LUCAS PAW PAW OINTMENT
http://www.lucaspapaw.com.au/

You can ask them if it's available in the country where you live.

I'm in Australia but I'm certain you they sell this in most countries as Jemma Ward uses it (I think she lives in the US).

Paw paw ointment is actually in the 'nappy section' of most drug stores in Australia. It is used for nappy rash, burns, rashes and dry and chapped skin. I bought it after I read that Jemma Ward uses it (it only cost about $4)- It is fantastic stuff.

I also put it on my dry patches when I have them and on my eye brows sometimes.

The other lip balms I've used are Body shop (those papaya once)- I hated this. It looks nice initially, however it actually dried my lips out.
I also used a clinique one- nothing special for the price.
I cannot recommend pawpaw ointment highly enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Carmex! Cheap and great~ Laughing Laughing
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
i love dr.hauschka lip blam.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I like the Burt's Beeswax Lip Shimmer but I'm also going to try the Sally Hansen 18 hours lip conditioner and see how that holds up too.
nico_mt

Sat May 24, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm still looking for my "perfect" lip balm. Dr. Hauschka is the closest so far.
Linlin
5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Love Kiehls', Burts Bees and Dr. Haushka
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate between Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm, Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 by Fresh, and Smith's Rosebud Salve, which I also use to tame my eyebrows!
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty 3pack of tints.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Where do you buy it?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |