Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Jadecoin, I was just looking this over and saw your question. If you're still wondering about the Juice Beauty 3-pack it's at Beauty dot com and sephora for $15 a pack.
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I would have never thought to try Eucerin, but I am reconsidering. Right now I am using a no-name balm my DENTIST gave me for free, but it is awesome! It is a Kukui nut/Coconut oil and beeswax blend and it smells as good as it works.

My favorite store brand balm is Moist Stic lip balm. http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/?q=Moist+Stic+Lip+Balm&s=387657&o=176818954&d=Moist+Stic+MOIST+STIC+LIP+BALM

SO moisturizing, among the best. In winter I am dealing with -10 to -20 F as far as temperatures go, with a lot of wind chapping added in, and this stuff NEVER peters out on me. Plus because it lacks petroleum it doesn't discourage my lips' natural moisture. LOVE this stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I tried this Aquaphor healing ointment for lips and skin. comes in a small tube. Is very hydrating and lasts. I really like this.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
My favorite ever was DHC's Lip Cream ($7). I'm trying to clear parabens out of my skincare routine, though -- especially for stuff that I use a lot of (lotion) or essentially eat (lip balm!) Since then I've tried balm,balm (rose -- nice but not HG); hamadi (too grainy); and John Masters Lip Calm (my current fav). I'm anxious to check out some of these recommendations...
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone tried Juice beauty lip balm? is it good?
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
the best lip balm/treatment i have tried is blistex relief cream. It is the only that soften my lips and they stopped peeling really badly for once! have tried brands like HR, Dr hauschka, etc. They do not work! In fact they seem to make the lip drier.
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:14 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Smith's Rosebud Salve! It makes my lips so smooth and it's not sticky at all!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm going back and forth between Bigelow (almond oil) and Softlips (ordered it on sale at drugstore.com and am loving it!).
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Artic_Mama wrote:
My favorite store brand balm is Moist Stic lip balm. http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/?q=Moist+Stic+Lip+Balm&s=387657&o=176818954&d=Moist+Stic+MOIST+STIC+LIP+BALM

SO moisturizing, among the best. In winter I am dealing with -10 to -20 F as far as temperatures go, with a lot of wind chapping added in, and this stuff NEVER peters out on me. Plus because it lacks petroleum it doesn't discourage my lips' natural moisture. LOVE this stuff.

I wanted to see this item but the link didn't work. I'm in the US. I don't know where you are located, Artic Mama - do you know any stores that carry it? Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
100% shea butter from loccitane. Although its not a lip balm, I just rub some on and my lips have never felt this soft.
pristang
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
My latest lip balm is the Lip Calm from John Masters Organic. The smell of tangerine is good and feel soft.

I am interested in Dr. Haushka also, any comment from users? Very Happy
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
At the moment I am enjoying Perfect Kisser from Perfect Complexion. It came free with a skin care order.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay CeraLip is what I am addicted to right now. I don't like anything that is too greasy. This is really smooth and protective (especially during the cold sore phase).

I am a dentist and I recommend my patients to use this when they have a cold sore if they don't like vaseline. Keeping a cold sore moist is best for faster healing.

I also love Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment for those really nasty winter chaps. V. moisturizing and last all day long.
alley0808
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
been using carmex for the past 10 years. been so happy with it, never thought of replacing with another brand cos with that quality, the price is simply unbeatable!
showshow
5% products discount

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka lip tube/balm is really good
kippeydale

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I really like C.O. Bigelow's My Favorite Lip Balm. However, I can only find it in a squeeze tube now. I prefer it in a pot.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I love LIP SERVICE from Lush...It really helps dry chapped lips, plus it smells nice too Very Happy

I find it to be good during summertime or in temperate weather as it "freezes" in winter when the temperature drops below 5 degrees Celsius.. And it lasts forever too, so it turns out to be cheap Razz
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
crinklecut wrote:
Hi Mabsy - Is the Decleor lip balm you're using called Aromessence Lip Balm? They also have an eye/lip thingie and I'm not sure which one you're referring to. Thanks!

Sorry, it is the Aromessence one. It's for lips only.

I agree with Mabsy

It is absolutely divine. So moisturising and melts on the lips so it isn't sticky at all. I can highly recommend it!
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:
I recieved a free gift from EDS, Rosebud lip balm, strawberry. It smells good enough to eat. It very moisturising and good for dry lips.

Another positive thing about this one is that it doesn't smell like sour socks after a short while, like most berry flavoured/scented lip glosses. I have had mine for years (don't use it much) and it is still "fresh" Smile
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
One vote for Kiehl's lip balm
marturey
5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:47 am      Reply with quote
This is an easy one for me. I've tried a lot of lip balms and having really dry lips I rely on them. I don't use lip balms with beeswax (I'm vegan).

lip balm w/ sunscreen: ROC Minesol SPF 15. It's fragrance free and moisturizes well.

lip balm without sunscreen: Crazy Rumors lip balm. Provides really good moisture and the flavours are nice (irish cream, mocha, coffee). Good quality ingredients too!
zansville
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I just checked my purse, and I've got 4 different tubes of lip balm, and I'm not going to admit to how many tubes of lipstick!

My favorite lip balms are Caudalie Lip Conditioner and Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm. The baby version of Kiehl's is great because it comes in a tube - super easy to use and has a great shine!
darkwingduck
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
My vote would be for Couvent des Minimes Honey Lip balm in the glass jar. Fantastic overnight treatment and I had heard it is produced by L'Occitane.
Momos
5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I am loving Crabtree & Evelyn Naturals Soothing Lip Balm in Garden Mint. I love the tingly feeling from the mint. The only downside is that it doesn't have spf Confused

5% products discount

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |