Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Thiamary

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Safetox on and off for the last few months. When I used on a daily basis last winter(two sessions at intensity 3), I noticed my droopy eye-lids gaining a lift. Then - for a number of reasons - I stopped and picked it up again a couple of weeks ago. I am a believer! It took a lot less time to go back to the "lift" I had achieved before I stopped. I have kept botox at bay for a whole year now. Before safetox I felt the need for the btx injextion every three to four months, which at 400 Euro per session is not pleasant. I highly recommend it!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
yeah
soorrry guys, it is only for those who live in France

i dont know if the price is good though :

179 euros
- 1 Safetox
- 8 Safetox Prepare
- 8 safetox Patch

256 euros
- 1 safetox
- 28 lingettes spécifiques et 28 Patchs spécifiques.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have made my original pads last for a year by applying a small amount of conductive gel, of which I bought from ebay, when the pad lost its stickyness. Be careful not to put get across the two vertical lines on the pads which are the conductive part of the pad, put the gel on the extreme right and left hand side of the pad.

PQ.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
This might show you how Safetox can open the eye area and lift it also work on the forehead wrinkles(last picture). I added the other pictures so you would be aware of the transformation with different devices and exercises.
Imagesorry for small size..all I had(this is before any facial exercises)I was outside and frowning with the sunlight6/07
After two years of facial exercises 11/08
after STOP- a series of stop treatments 2/09
after SAFETOX treatment for 4 weeks
Okay what I thought would be interesting to observe is the lift in the eyes and the diminish of the deep forehead lines. The picture that is after 2 years of facial exercises...my forehead wrinkles have been there since I was 10yrs old...very set from being a worrier and frowner. The facial exercises have been extremely effective for all of my face but my forehead needed more.The Stop tripollar treatments really got the the work started with the lines being diminished. The Safetox is working on paralyzing the muscles and still lifting the eye area. I now do no forehead exercises and very limited eye exercises. sorry if pictures and lighting aren't exact...I tried to my best ability and limited camera expertise. I do have more mascara on in this last picture which is somewhat altering but I think you can see the difference with the lift the Safetox is giving.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very good link...it shows 11 different wrinkles. Click on each one and it will tell you if Safetox can address them, and how long it will take.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

Examples:

Quote:
Wrinkles around the eyes

Some people are more likely than others to screw up their eyes, and therefore to develop a concentration of wrinkles around the eyes. This is the classic “small eyes” problem which can prevent models presenting a beautiful face on photos.

Do what they do: after just one Safetox session, or two consecutively, your whole face begins to bloom and the contractures in the orbital muscles and those in the central and upper parts of your face disappear. Your face opens up and your eyes appear larger.

However, in order to reduce the wrinkles around the eyes, Safetox studies have shown that prolonged, regular use is required: 4 to 6 months of daily sessions.

Quote:
Small wrinkles around the mouth

Safetox is not able to reduce small wrinkles around the mouth and is not appropriate for treating this problem. The only option in this case is to resort to other techniques such as injections of hyaluronic acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
majorb,
They do have a unit designed just for migraines that functions differently. You may want to email the company and ask if the Safetox would help with migraines as well. My headaches aren't migraine...but not far from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
majorb,
They do have a unit designed just for migraines that functions differently. You may want to email the company and ask if the Safetox would help with migraines as well. My headaches aren't migraine...but not far from it.

I had a look at the device for migraines, it looks very similar to the Safetox except it operates by TENS. However, what gets my hopes up for the Safetox is that I know from personal experience that Botox definitely helps. Without fail, about 4 months after the initial Botox shots, my headaches start to return.

I've gone ahead and bought this - I would have liked to have waited to hear what Bethany thought about it, but couldn't wait that long. Beam me up Scottie is all I can say! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Well Nicole Kidman's DNA did nothing for me either - that's why I'd rather stick with the gadgets, at least you can use them over and over.

Regarding the migraine version of the Safetox, I think it's called Cefaly, it's more expensive than the Safetox so I ruled it out because of that factor. The Safetox is supposed to work in a totally different way than all the other microcurrent devices - by electro-inhibition, it sends an impulse that inhibits the muscle. I think the TENS units send a signal to the nerve cells which influence the nerve, as you say.

It seems strange to me that these two devices look so similar - I wonder whether they really are so different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Well Nicole Kidman's DNA did nothing for me either - that's why I'd rather stick with the gadgets, at least you can use them over and over.

Regarding the migraine version of the Safetox, I think it's called Cefaly, it's more expensive than the Safetox so I ruled it out because of that factor. The Safetox is supposed to work in a totally different way than all the other microcurrent devices - by electro-inhibition, it sends an impulse that inhibits the muscle. I think the TENS units send a signal to the nerve cells which influence the nerve, as you say.

It seems strange to me that these two devices look so similar - I wonder whether they really are so different.
I contacted the company about the Cefaly for my daughter-in-law and was told that you needed to wear it for 20 minutes daily and the stimulation was more gradual and lasted longer. Also it involves more muscles in the back of the head.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my Safetox on 5th June from Win Health in the UK and it arrived today, all the way to Oz!!!! I really think Win Health's service is great.

So I tried it out this evening - I can't believe how strong it is. Being totally gung-ho, I set it immediately on the highest setting - and nearly passed out - it HURTS!! It's like having a Black & Decker drill attached to your forehead! Then I decided to read the instructions Rolling Eyes I tried it again on the second setting and it was slightly more bearable, I say SLIGHTLY. I can see that I will have to do the right thing and work up to the highest setting.

Majorb, the instruction booklet says that the Safetox "re-trains" the muscles in the back of the head, thereby opening up the face. Maybe the effect on these muscles might help with your headaches.

Incidentally, my husband hasn't stopped laughing Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Those who just got the device and still have original batteries in it - what brand of batteries Safetox comes with?

Mine says: PowerLine Alkaline Industrial Battery LR03-AAA 1.5v by Panasonic. The manual says that they should last a month.

http://industrial.panasonic.com/eu/news/nr200805IE001/nr200805IE001/Powerline.pdf

Editing to add: I think these may be the same thing...I did some searching and did not see them outside of Europe. If you happen to find a good place to buy, please let me know!

http://www.batteryvault.co.uk/panasonic-xtreme-aaa-alkaline-batteries-4pk-73-p.asp

ETA 2: And these may be even better:
http://www.talkingretail.com/misc/content/article/10668-panasonic-unveils-

http://www.panasonic-batteries.com/site/Europe/English/products/products_batteries_range.asp?iid=25

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used the Safetox four times and only twice on Level 3. I can definitely see a difference. I have Botox injected into my 11s and the effects of this tend to spread upwards so I don't have wrinkling across the top of my forehead. However, I do have pronounced wrinkles above my eyebrows and down around my temples. Above and down the side of my right eye I have a deep furrow.

Since using the Safetox, I can see a visible lessening of the wrinkles and the furrow is now more of a wrinkle. This is the FIRST time I have ever seen an actual visible change to my face through the use of a gadget (and you know I have 'em all!) Plus, I've only used it FOUR times. I keep checking the mirror in different lighting situations to make sure I'm not imagining things. I think this is going to be a winner! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Zenity,
You are way beyond me on the recognition of the muscles used. All I know is the type of stimulation that I experience with the device is partially paralyzing the forehead muscles. Now I am clueless to how this is achieved but when I take the device off the forehead lines are completely gone and for the most part stay that way. Shock You might want to email Mpstat, she is very knowledgeable about the facial muscles.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Zenity,
You are way beyond me on the recognition of the muscles used. All I know is the type of stimulation that I experience with the device is partially paralyzing the forehead muscles.

Ditto, lol. But I feel the forehead muscles working, the top of the scalp, my eyelids, and also the area on the outside corners of my eyes. But I have no idea what all the specific muscle names are. Very Happy

Plus, the Safetox does inhibit the nerves as well as exercising the muscles. After using it (especially after a few days), my forehead feels exactly like it does after Botox kicks in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity, I make a rather half-hearted attempt at facial exercises and have absolutely no knowledge of the muscles used but I do use the Tua Viso which does contract the muscles very powerfully - therefore, you can really feel the muscles moving.

With the Safetox, however, I don't feel any muscles contracting - all I feel is a very strong "drilling" sensation in the middle of the forehead. It states in the instructions that after a while you should be able to gain control of certain muscles and be able to wiggle your ears - which by the sounds of it, you have already achieved.

Like everyone else - I love this device. Very Happy

I don't see a problem with sharing it with someone else and I find that the patches retain their stickiness very well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
... I would like to know what muscles do you feel are engaged with it ...

Safetox is recommended for a particular patch placement that primarily engages:
* Procerus
* Corrugator Supercilii

It also engages to a smaller degree:
* Frontalis
* Orbicularis Oculi (upper part)

You can think of it as a radial impact with a center in the Procerus area, e.g in between eye brows. You can get greater impact on Frontalis by placing patches in other areas of it since it is quite large flat muscle.

Edited: I do not feel Occipitalis being engaged with Safetox. But I have good control of occipitalis already, and there is no way for me to know if Safetox can contribute any more to it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
What leads me to Bethany
Thanks for your explanation. Now, I understand better... and still can't get how the hell this device can, somehow, paralize the nerves. Question
They only use electric pulses, right?

BTW, they selll it at ebay italy for 159€ I think. Is it a good deal?

-------------------

One more question to you all, would it be okay to share it with someone else?
Can you reuse the patches? Or better to get a new set for just single use.

Thanls for posting the patent info and powerpoint...I'll read that tonight!

Zenity - I looked at that ebay seller in Italy as well...it all depends on your exchange rate. They were also charging a fortune for shipping. FYI...they had 20% VAT factored in the price, so that may lower the for you.

The patches can be used about 5 times each...there are 4 patches per sealed packet (only 1 packet comes with the Safetox unit...buy more when you buy the unit!).

And there aren't hygiene issues with sharing this device at all...you'll just need more patches and more batteries! (I sure wish they made a plug-in model to keep the strength consistent)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
(I sure wish they made a plug-in model to keep the strength consistent)

Bethany,

I recall being in Malasya and seeing a type of battery that was directly pluged to the power and then placed inside a portable CD player as a regular battery but just leaving the top opened. I wish I could remember the name of that... I am sure there is something out there similar to use regular electricity to supply power to devices using land adaptor ike-regular batteries.
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm eager to hear about that too. I'm not eager to trot down to Radio Shack and ask about a battery eliminator for my Safetox, since everybody in town knows everybody else's business already (and my package said "beauty device" on the outside of it). I definitely will order batteries on line - no need to make anybody wonder why I look so "refreshed" AND use so many batteries. They'll think I have a new high-tech vibrator!
Safetox
5% products discount

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I asked Dr Rigaux to answer a question from Zenity. The question was: "The safetox works by using the electrostimulation to inhibit the muscles and nerves that cause the frown, right?
However, I have seen at the advertising that the scalp muscles (the ones you call the good ones: occipitalis) seem to be called to work, eventually, being activated.
As I have not seen any other electrode than the one placed in the middle of the headset I would like to know how this happens. If they are not stimulated how they will contract? because they are the antagonists of the forehead muscles?
I am a bit lost at this point."

He explained me how the muscles are working by pair with one agonist and one antagonist. Agonist works with the muscles, and the antagonist is the muscle working against it in a contraction. i.e. Bicep curl, the agonist is the Biceps brachii and the antagonist muscle is the triceps brachii.

In our situation, the safetox is working on the forehead muscle (frontalis) and inhibit it.
The frontalis and the occipitalis are like the biceps and the triceps, agonist and antagonist. By inhibiting the frontalis it re-establishes the dominant role of the upper muscles of the head, which open up the face, lift the skin and eradicate wrinkles.

I'm a native french speaker, it's not easy for me to explain that Smile But I hope you understand now.

trigger wrote:
Hi Kevin, thrilled that you're here to answer questions. I'm wondering if you will be able to help me find out the differences between the migraine product and the wrinkles one. I don't have any frown lines yet because I'm only 35, but my husband who is older than me does and is concerned enough to treat them. I do however have horrific migraines, especially around my period time - or if I've overindulged in any of the many potential triggers. The bad ones are often focused right between and behind my eyes, and I think the migraine product could help with those, rather than the more dull ache I often have in the back of my head that I know it doesn't work for. I'm very interested in the one for headaches. Do you sell both? Do both work the same way, so that if I bought the migraine one, my husband might be able to do a shorter treatment on the same device for his wrinkles?

Very interested in the product, but can only afford one of them!!

Thanks in advance.

To answer Trigger's question:

The Cefaly is a different product designed to work more on the trigeminal nerve. While the Safetox is designed to work on the muscles.

The device and the electrodes are different.

But, it's not possible to target the muscle only or the trigeminal nerve only. It means that by using the Cefaly you will work more on the nerve to threat your migraine but it will also work a little on your wrinkles. You could also use the Safetox to threat your migraines but the device is working only on a small part of the trigeminal nerve so it will not be as efficient as the Cefaly.

We are receiving testimonials every day of person who are using safetox for migraines and cefaly for wrinkles and they are satisfied.

So it depends on what is the biggest issue for you. If it is migraine, go for the Cefaly. If it is wrinkles, Safetox is the better choice.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for asking that question, Trigger. And thanks to Kevin for answering it. Very useful for helping me to make my decision on which to buy.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed a difference in the way my eyes look lately. But today I was looking through some old pics - and when I saw this one, I thought there really has been a change. I believe my whole eye area looks more open. I'm definitely putting this down to the Safetox because it's a fairly recent change. Also, I don't use the Tua Viso around my forehead or eye area.

I've never posted B&As before, 'cause I've never experienced any visible difference from using my gadgets. But I think there has been a lifting of my eye sockets! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take our the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

PQ can certainly tell you the exact time use of the Safetox but I saw this post from March...so that puts the use of the device at about 11 months.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I finally went ahead and bought the cefaly (headache version of safetox)!!

The latest bout of migraines made me realize I'd take any risk to at least diminish them. There is so little I can find in the way of reviews, so I was umming and ahhing for ages about this. I'm sure when I get it I'll just wish I'd have jumped in sooner.

It's meant to work on the frown lines and forehead wrinks as well, so I'm hoping as a double whammy it has the preventative effect on me. Also, my husband will use it too, and he does have the 11's. So, if I can get him to do it enough, we'll be able to see for sure if it works like the safetox.

I bought from winhealth, as even with the $45

Mad postage, it was far cheaper than anywhere else, as I didn't have to pay the VAT.

Will check in in a couple of weeks...
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's pretty good service! They managed to develop the electrodes very rapidly working with another company. Apparently they're the only ones without the acrylates. They stick just as well as the others.

BTW, for those using the regular electrodes, I bought a tube of Tacgel, which cost a maximum of ten dollars, and have kept the stickiness to the electrodes for months and months now. I bought a pck of three, and have only been using one (my husband uses it now)!! Its this really sticky gel stuff that completely restores the electrodes ability to stick. I can't use it on my new type, as I think it's probably got acrylates Crying or Very sad , but I can't recommend the stuff more for everyone. Ten dollars to make an electrode last a life-time practically. Whenever the sticky wears off, I either dampen it, or maybe once every couple of weeks put a layer of the Tacgel on and voila! Total stickiness!

I've been using the cefaly as much as I should have been (which is a lot), and it's definitely having an impact on the frequency and severity of my migraines. They're greatly reduced, as is (thankfully) the amount of medication I take.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |