Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience of the Safetox? It's a weird gadget that goes over your forehead, a bit like wearing glasses.

Apparently it "inhibits the use of bad muscles, and promotes the use of good ones". Whatever that means!

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en

£199 on the UK sites! Shock
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hilarious!! But, hey, that's what everybody thought about the Dermaroller at first - so, what the heck. Very Happy However, I know if my DH caught me wearing that thing it would definitely be the last straw!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
This is interesting.... Does anyone know if it is similar to NuFace or FaceMaster?
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I dunno about you all, but after looking at the before and afters, is it just me, or do they look retouched??? Rolling Eyes
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Very much possible... at least eyes before/after side view retouched for sure. Do not know why to retouch eyes since they advertise 11s and forehead.
Thiamary

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Safetox on and off for the last few months. When I used on a daily basis last winter(two sessions at intensity 3), I noticed my droopy eye-lids gaining a lift. Then - for a number of reasons - I stopped and picked it up again a couple of weeks ago. I am a believer! It took a lot less time to go back to the "lift" I had achieved before I stopped. I have kept botox at bay for a whole year now. Before safetox I felt the need for the btx injextion every three to four months, which at 400 Euro per session is not pleasant. I highly recommend it!
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
hi Thiamary, I also bought the safetox a few months ago. I had started, but then stopped, because I was getting afraid it would do the opposite, namely making the muscle in your forehead look bigger and thus create diagonal lines, like when you frown.Confused
However it may be that I was only imagining this and now started again. Please tell me whether you have this or not.
The before&after pictures on the site aren't very convincing, I think, but this gadget was interesting to me because it's purely natural and I did read a few reviews that it waas helpful if you keep doing it of course.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased this with the Stop machine from Win Health. I will be picking it up tomorrow from the PO . It does look hilarious though, will have to wear it when no one is at home, lol!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Girls (or boys) who have used Saft-tox, I tried it once last night. I found it SOOO strong! I had to turn the power down.

Do you find it gets better the longer you use it? tia. Very Happy
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
In the beginning it's very weird and feels like you think you won't be able to endure it Shock , but after a few times you really get used to it and it's no problem anymore!

I found the difference between level 1 and 2 quite big and level 3 gets even more stronger of course, but now it's really ok, doesn't hurt at all! Cool

I think it's important to relax the face while you're using the safetox.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, it was such a weird and strong sensation, did not expect it. Very Happy
betsyaida
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I wonder how this would work with ageless if you dare. Are any of you using this and also doing Agless?

I hope everyone that has this can keep reporting results on long term use.

For you US gals who have this, if any, how much is this in US dollars and how long did it take for you to receive it?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
there is a safetox sales now 189 euros for the safetox. 256euros + 6 months supply
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
there is a safetox sales now 189 euros for the safetox. 256euros + 6 months supply

Where is the sale????
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy and Lipglossdoll, how are your results?

The last thing I want to do is pick up yet another gadget, but at least this one would target my dreaded forehead wrinkles! Rolling Eyes

But on the flip side of the coin, what does this do that FlexEffect exercises do NOT? (well, I guess it would do the flexing FOR me, which would be nice...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
But on the flip side of the coin, what does this do that FlexEffect exercises do NOT? (well, I guess it would do the flexing FOR me, which would be nice...)

It's supposed to inhibit the movement of some muscles and stimulate others that support the face. As far as muscle stimulation is concerned I would imagine Facial Exercises and/or the Tua Viso would be more valuable for that - at least you can use the TV on other areas of the face. Not sure that I understand the principal behind the muscle relaxation though - I mean, does it really paralyse the muscle like Botox does?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

It's supposed to inhibit the movement of some muscles and stimulate others that support the face. As far as muscle stimulation is concerned I would imagine Facial Exercises and/or the Tua Viso would be more valuable for that - at least you can use the TV on other areas of the face. Not sure that I understand the principal behind the muscle relaxation though - I mean, does it really paralyse the muscle like Botox does?

Hmm...I had no idea. But I doubt it can paralyze the muscle since it is only using microcurrent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
But I doubt it can paralyze the muscle since it is only using microcurrent.

Here is the blurb from their website:

Safetox® uses electronic impulses which are sent to the target muscles using an adhesive patch.

These impulses inhibit the muscles in the central and upper part of the face (pyramidal, eyebrow and frontal).

The very specific impulses are set up in such a way as to temporarily suppress the excitability of the target muscles.

This technique is called electro-inhibition.

After several minutes, the high frequency of Safetox's impulses produce an ionic change in the muscle fibres (accumulation of extracellular K+ potassium), which eliminates any relaxation potential (or membrane potential), rendering the muscle fibres inexcitable.

This state of inexcitability leads to a state of deep relaxation and eliminates tone in the muscle fibres targeted.

I think I'll be sticking with the Botox. But if you do get it - I want to see a photo of you wearing it with the Angelift thingys in your mouth too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well it is star trek all over again. for sure...but it isn't as bad as the Linda Evans full mask dummy looking microcurrent device. So I am curious and can see possibilities. The company has a more expensive device out for migraines. It seems it is geared to relaxing the muscles that caused the flexed muscles... that in turn cause tension and frowning...end result is wrinkles. It is a new avenue to explore. I have looked worse with beauty treatments on my face Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I think I'll be sticking with the Botox. But if you do get it - I want to see a photo of you wearing it with the Angelift thingys in your mouth too.

LOL...if I go that route, I will be sure to send you pics! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am now in maintenance mode. It is much easier to tolerate the sensations after using it for a few weeks, at first I found it way to strong!

So far so good, seems to give a lifting appearance, but it is temporary. I like to use it first thing in the morning. Very Happy
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

It says that the safetox generates electronic impulses that specifically inhibit the nerves. In the motor nerves, this electrical inhibition triggers marked muscular relaxation and, in sensory nerves, induces anaesthesia.

The safetox technique directly inhibits the procerus muscle and, due to the reflex response, the other muscles in the upper part of the face (frontalis and corrugators). As a consequence all the muscles responsible for closing the face are relaxed.

The relaxation of the muscles in the upper part of the face causes a change in the anterior- posterior muscle balance. The 'good' muscles (posterior) become dominant.
This active change in the positive dynamics of the face is only achieved gradually, with regular repetition of the safetox sessions.
(from the instruction manual)

I think as far as the effects, they are very minimal for me, however I don't have a lot of problems in my forehead either. I don't think it's worth the money. I think you could achieve the same by doing facial excercises or maybe tua viso as you say.

I do noticed that usually it's not working as strong as it should, like in the beginning, so maybe I'm doing something wrong..
facial excercises haven't done anything for me either so far.. so I might be a difficult case. Rolling Eyes

If you believe in this tecnhique, I think you could as well use the TV on the procerus muscle or do a facial exercise with that muscle.

I am now trying a facial excercise on my self, which is to grab a piece of flesh on both sides in between the eyebrows (grab where the elevens are, if you have those) and then frown -hold- and relax-then repeat (20x). It hurts, so I guess I'm working the muscle Wink
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
sales is inwww.beauteprivee.com
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
I do noticed that usually it's not working as strong as it should, like in the beginning, so maybe I'm doing something wrong..
facial excercises haven't done anything for me either so far.. so I might be a difficult case. Rolling Eyes

Does it run on a battery? Because if it does, maybe you need to change it. I had to change the battery on the Tua Viso after only a few days because it wasn't as strong as in the beginning.

Like you, I think I'm also a difficult case! Haven't had much luck with facial exercise either - I'm hoping that the TV is going to achieve something. For me, my forehead isn't really an area for concern - it's my jowls that need yanking up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
I think as far as the effects, they are very minimal for me, however I don't have a lot of problems in my forehead either. I don't think it's worth the money. I think you could achieve the same by doing facial excercises or maybe tua viso as you say.

Kandy, thanks for sharing the detail of how it works, as well your thoughts on the expenditure...you just saved me some $$$. Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |