Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Btw, I do not view this as a replacement for the ReAura or vice versa. I think the ReAura will help with the appearance of the skin (including fine lines like Safetox addresses), but I think Safetox gives your skin a better muscle base to drape over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Btw, I do not view this as a replacement for the ReAura or vice versa. I think the ReAura will help with the appearance of the skin (including fine lines like Safetox addresses), but I think Safetox gives your skin a better muscle base to drape over.

That makes a lot of sense. I did look at the Safetox a long time ago but ended up going with the Tua Trend. Unfortunately that didn't work out for me. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting...

bethany wrote:
YB wrote:
bethany wrote:

I would absolutely buy it again...even at double the price. Pop over to the Safetox thread, and I will be glad to answer any questions for you.

Hi bethany,

I was looking at Safetox, but was scared to give it a try after reading all these complains from members who could never overcome the initial painful shock.
Was it hard for you to adjust to it or you just didn't feel any discomfort from the beginning?

Also, i though this device targets only upper part of the face. How can it help to improve marionette lines?

Thanks.

Safetox impacts way more than just the upper face. You can click on each on the wrinkle types below and it will tell you how Safetox corrects the issue.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

As far as the "painful shock" goes, I started out with the lowest level and worked up...it is very addictive! Anyone that is ultra sensitive should start out with old batteries, and will quickly acclimate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany, I have been interested in Safetox for a while, but the cost has held me back. Would you mind giving an estimate on what you think the ongoing costs are with using this as far as batteries, tac gel, etc? (Isn't there something else you replace? I can't recall now!) It seems like it could get pricey to keep up, so was just wondering what you think.

TIA!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
i'm very close to purchasing this gadjet. hard to resist. Is win-health still the best place to purchase this for someone who lives in the US?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
i'm very close to purchasing this gadjet. hard to resist. Is win-health still the best place to purchase this for someone who lives in the US?

I have seen some for sale on eBay, or I would also look at Body4real.com...they are uk based and that is where I have bought refills in the past. I think they may sell through the uk amazon site too. Winhealth is always an option too.

RyanA wrote:
bethany, I have been interested in Safetox for a while, but the cost has held me back. Would you mind giving an estimate on what you think the ongoing costs are with using this as far as batteries, tac gel, etc? (Isn't there something else you replace? I can't recall now!) It seems like it could get pricey to keep up, so was just wondering what you think.

TIA!

While some people say the electrodes are reusable forever if you wash them, I have personally stretched 2 refill packages to last a year (about $35 each last time I purchased). I am going to try washing them when they get gooky next time, and see if I can stretch them a bit farther this time.

I have bought batteries online, and typically change batteries every 2 weeks. So you would need 2 packs of these batteries at $9 each + about $8 shipping.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-energizer-industrial-aa-alkaline-batteries-24pk.html

And 1 tube of Tac Gel a year for about $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Tac-Gel/dp/B000K4YZWU

So about $100/yr ongoing. Definitely more expensive than the facial exercise programs. But in my case free time is pretty sparse (I work a LOT) and I would rather spend it typing than contorting my face. Very Happy

Toby is a long time user...you may want to PM her as well and see what she says from a cost standpoint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am not as diligent with refreshing batteries as Bethany and I still have the gel tac I first bought three years ago when I got my device. I now own two Safetox devices simply because I wondered about breaking it or it wearing out. I bought the second one on ebay for 150.00 new.Nothing works on my 11's like this device.I have bought electrodes twice in three years....but I also had electrodes from the new unit. This device helps a headache and is wonderful for putting me to sleep! I LOVE it !!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
The basis of Safetox results is that it builds and toned up the occipital & temporal muscles which then exerts an upwards pull on the face, this is my understanding after visiting safetox's website....

so, won't working out the occipital & temporal muscles as done with the exercise in which you move your ears backwards, which also lifts the forhead somewhat as well, provide the same results???

In my experience, actively exercising the muscles is way more beneficial than the passive exercise( the one provided with electro stimulation. I have used electro stimulation for my abs in the past and it was nothing as compared to doing sit ups n crunches... the later provide far better results and real definition of abs while the electro stimulation just twitched my abs and that was it....

I have not used safetox so just wondering what the users have to say about this... I would really appreciate any feedback... I don't want to spend $400 for something I can just do it on my own! I don't have any forehead lines or 11s but I would just like my face lifted up a bit!!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
The basis of Safetox results is that it builds and toned up the occipital & temporal muscles which then exerts an upwards pull on the face, this is my understanding after visiting saftox's website....

so, won't working out the occipital & temporal muscles as done with the exercise in which you move your ears backwards, which also lifts the forhead somewhat as well, provide the same results???

In my experience, actively exercising the muscles is way more beneficial than the passive exercise( the one provided with electro stimulation. I have used electro stimulation for my abs in the past and it was nothing as compared to doing sit ups n crunches...

I have not used safetox so just wondering what the users have to say about this... I would really appreciate any feedback... I don't want to spend $400 for something I can just do it on my own! I don't have any forehead lines or 11s but I would just like my face lifted up a bit!!!

I did facial exercises for five years and although there were improvements in areas my forehead and 11's did not respond well. Trust me, the safetox works differently and the muscle is trained to lay flat by the intense current, not at all like facial exercises.I have posted photos early on in the Safetox thread and the change in the 11's and the forehead horizontal lines is very impressive. I had forehead lines in my teens so my case was more severe.Everyone is different and you can certainly try to remedy the problem by facial exercises and if you don't get the results you are after then try the safetox. I also use frownies at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany and Toby, thank you so much for the info! That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. $100 per year isn't too bad. I was particularly wondering about the cost of replacing the electrodes, but it sounds like you get a lot of use out of them.

bethany, I am with you, I work at home so I would love to have something to use while I work or do something else. I like the Yamuna ball, but it takes a while to do the routine, and I don't always have the patience to sit and do it.

Wow Toby, I wish I could have found a new one on ebay for that price! The ones I've seen on ebay are more expensive than buying from the winhealth website, I believe, at least $300.

I wonder why this has not been brought over here to the US? I could see this being a goldmine in informercials and the shopping channels if it works so well. Oh if I were a venture capitalist, I would look into investing. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
daler wrote:
The basis of Safetox results is that it builds and toned up the occipital & temporal muscles which then exerts an upwards pull on the face, this is my understanding after visiting saftox's website....

In my experience, actively exercising the muscles is way more beneficial than the passive exercise( the one provided with electro stimulation. I have used electro stimulation for my abs in the past and it was nothing as compared to doing sit ups n crunches...

I did facial exercises for five years and although there were improvements in areas my forehead and 11's did not respond well. Trust me, the safetox works differently and the muscle is trained to lay flat by the intense current, not at all like facial exercises.I have posted photos early on in the Safetox thread and the change in the 11's and the forehead horizontal lines is very impressive. I had forehead lines in my teens so my case was more severe.Everyone is different and you can certainly try to remedy the problem by facial exercises and if you don't get the results you are after then try the safetox. I also use frownies at night.

Thank you so much Toby! Do you think it would help to give the face some kind of a lift or does it only helps with the forehead lines and 11s.. the website said that it can get ride of the nasolabial folds/lines by lifting up the face muscles due to toning up of the occiptal & temporal muscles...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
My old post from 2009
Toby wrote:
This might show you how Safetox can open the eye area and lift it also work on the forehead wrinkles(last picture). I added the other pictures so you would be aware of the transformation with different devices and exercises.
Imagesorry for small size..all I had(this is before any facial exercises)I was outside and frowning with the sunlight6/07
After two years of facial exercises 11/08
after STOP- a series of stop treatments 2/09
after SAFETOX treatment for 4 weeks
Okay what I thought would be interesting to observe is the lift in the eyes and the diminish of the deep forehead lines. The picture that is after 2 years of facial exercises...my forehead wrinkles have been there since I was 10yrs old...very set from being a worrier and frowner. The facial exercises have been extremely effective for all of my face but my forehead needed more.The Stop tripollar treatments really got the the work started with the lines being diminished. The Safetox is working on paralyzing the muscles and still lifting the eye area. I now do no forehead exercises and very limited eye exercises. Sorry if pictures and lighting aren't exact...I tried to my best ability and limited camera expertise. I do have more mascara on in this last picture which is somewhat altering but I think you can see the difference with the lift the Safetox is giving.
Toby

Current photo taken yesterday June 20th 2012 to show the forehead is still maintained

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have lift in the eyes from the safetox and opening up of the eyes, forehead is smoothed out and 11's are almost gone. I haven't had lift from anything lower than my eye area from the safetox but I am aware that others have had success in lower areas. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Toby wrote:
daler wrote:

Thank you so much Toby! Do you think it would help to give the face some kind of a lift or does it only helps with the forehead lines and 11s.. the website said that it can get ride of the nasolabial folds/lines by lifting up the face muscles due to toning up of the occiptal & temporal muscles...

If you look a few posts up (or maybe on the previous page) I posted my results in 2010. The best things Safetox has done for me are lift my eyelids (upper face) AND greatly lessen my marionette lines (lower face). But I think the 3 point treatment has a lot to do with that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have lift in the eyes from the safetox and opening up of the eyes, forehead is smoothed out and 11's are almost gone. I haven't had lift from anything lower than my eye area from the safetox but I am aware that others have had success in lower areas. Wink

Toby, I am still floored by those pics!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Oh Bethany I am a work in progress as you well know! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

You are the only person I know that looks better every year!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

Toby, the results on your forehead are very impressive! Thank you for posting your photos...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

No Toby you are a work well done, you look amazing! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
The basis of Safetox results is that it builds and toned up the occipital & temporal muscles which then exerts an upwards pull on the face, this is my understanding after visiting safetox's website....

In my experience, actively exercising the muscles is way more beneficial than the passive exercise( the one provided with electro stimulation. I have used electro stimulation for my abs in the past and it was nothing as compared to doing sit ups n crunches... the later provide far better results and real definition of abs while the electro stimulation just twitched my abs and that was it....

Daler, here is the link to how it works...it activates AND inhibits muscles. Typical facial exercise does not inhibit. There are a number of little sub links on the link below with more info. There are also some clinical studies on their web page.

Quote:

Safetox® works on facial muscles using its double action mechanism: it inhibits the  muscles that cause wrinkles and close up the face; and it stimulates the muscles that open up the face and lift the skin. 

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/index.html

Btw, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I am just passionate about the product because it is only one of 2 products that has really shown results for me since I joined EDS and tried everything under the sun, lol. (My other favorite is the dermaroller)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
daler wrote:

Daler, here is the link to how it works...it activates AND inhibits muscles. Typical facial exercise does not inhibit. There are a number of little sub links on the link below with more info. There are also some clinical studies on their web page.

Quote:

Safetox® works on facial muscles using its double action mechanism: it inhibits the  muscles that cause wrinkles and close up the face; and it stimulates the muscles that open up the face and lift the skin. 

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/index.html

Btw, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I am just passionate about the product because it is only one of 2 products that has really shown results for me since I joined EDS and tried everything under the sun, lol. (My other favorite is the dermaroller)

Thank you bethany; so do you think it could give face somewhat of a lift? I dont have issues with my forehead at all,but I would just like a bit of lift of the cheeks! Smile Did you achieve any improvement in cheek/ nasolabial area? thank you
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
And for the record, I actually scoffed at the "Star Trek headband" when I first saw it. Embarassed

I never would have bought it if I had not seen Toby's recommendation (ok, and hated the time required for the other programs, though I do think they have a lot of merit)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take our the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

I will forever remember this post from Photoqueen...I can just picture this scene!
Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I just ordered it from win-health. sooo excited!

Toby...wow!!

thanks all for sharing all the wonderful info

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Thank you bethany; so do you think it could give face somewhat of a lift? I dont have issues with my forehead at all,but I would just like a bit of lift of the cheeks! Smile Did you achieve any improvement in cheek/ nasolabial area? thank you

Daler, it has lifted my cheeks enough to lessen my marionette lines, but my cheeks don't really look any bigger. But maybe they are since there also appears to be a bit of an indentation under them now?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |