Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Lord, peeps! The more I read on this forum, the more I've just got to have!

I've read through this lengthy and informative thread twice, and just ordered the Safetox.....it's shipping from England, so I don't know how long I'll have to wait; hopefully not too long!

I'll update when it comes in. Hopefully, I'll be one of the users who enjoy the process!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kgeaux wrote:

I've read through this lengthy and informative thread twice, and just ordered the Safetox.....it's shipping from England, so I don't know how long I'll have to wait; hopefully not too long!

I'll update when it comes in. Hopefully, I'll be one of the users who enjoy the process!

Take some pics for your own comparison before you start! If you ordered from body4real, they ship pretty quickly.

I am off to use mine right now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kgeaux wrote:

I ordered my from Winhealth and it came in less then a week. I know what you mean about buying things. I went to research something that I saw on a thread this weekend and ended up buying something else on the site I didn't even know existed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I might receive the device quickly!

I do plan on taking pics for my "before" reference. If I get really good results, I'll post my before and afters!

I also use a Tua Trend, which I love for the lower face. It has helped to lift my brows, too, but I am concerned about using it around my eyes because it causes such strong squinting....I just became worried one day that all that squinting was going to cause wrinkling around the eyes. That worry caused me to quit using the Tua on the eye area!

I have such high hopes for this device! I can't wait to show my husband....he thinks I am a nut when I bring out the Tua and my little ultrasound! He is going to think I've flipped!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kgeaux wrote:

I have such high hopes for this device! I can't wait to show my husband....he thinks I am a nut when I bring out the Tua and my little ultrasound! He is going to think I've flipped!

Ha. Wait till your husband sees you wearing it.

Mine ran for camera yelling "A-A-A-A!!!!! Star Track !!!!!!!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
Kgeaux wrote:

I took mine to my derm and she REALLY thought I was nuts, lol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I did the 3 point treatment and to my surprise, it seemed to fit okay. My head ia big so I was cautious about trying it. At first, it kept shutting off, I couldn't get the electrodes to connect properly. I think the trick for me was to place the electrode more to the center of my forehead on those two outer points. I was placing them directly above the center of my eyebrows, and I couldn't get them to connect that way. But when I placed them more inward, it connected and it still seems to be in about the same position as the illustration that has been posted.

I just stayed at Level 1 on the outer positions. Do people work up to Level 3 on those or stay at the lower levels? For the center, I'm staying at Level 2 for now. I am SO disappointed when the session is over; I feel SO relaxed. I wish there were no adverse side effects from using it too much. Crying or Very sad
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
YB wrote:
Kgeaux wrote:

My husband keeps asking me if the mother ship has made contact yet Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
bethany wrote:
YB wrote:
Kgeaux wrote:

My husband keeps asking me if the mother ship has made contact yet Very Happy

That is too funny!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I did the 3 point treatment and to my surprise, it seemed to fit okay. My head ia big so I was cautious about trying it. At first, it kept shutting off, I couldn't get the electrodes to connect properly. I think the trick for me was to place the electrode more to the center of my forehead on those two outer points. I was placing them directly above the center of my eyebrows, and I couldn't get them to connect that way. But when I placed them more inward, it connected and it still seems to be in about the same position as the illustration that has been posted.

I just stayed at Level 1 on the outer positions. Do people work up to Level 3 on those or stay at the lower levels? For the center, I'm staying at Level 2 for now. I am SO disappointed when the session is over; I feel SO relaxed. I wish there were no adverse side effects from using it too much. Crying or Very sad

It sounds like you are doing exactly what you need to in order to make it work for you.

The only negative to over using it is the puffy eyes, but you need to see what you can tolerate. I am not sure if the puffiness is due to the lymphatic drainage or overworking the muscles, but you will know the next morning if you over did it!

I stay at Level 1 for the outer points...too intense for me if I go any higher.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I recommend the 5 minutes twice a day for starters, as I got some strange twitching at first. That has subsided. I find it very relaxing. I just use the Number 3 setting for 5-15 minutes. It has helped with headaches, and it puts me to sleep. If you have insomnia issues, this might help! So far has not helped with sinus (darn!).

But I got a lot of compliments from friends who had not seen me in a while. I have been using Ageless if you Dare facial exercises as well, once a day, most of the exercises. For my age group, the user booklet says I may need three months to get full results. Sorry, no pictures!
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
WooHoo! My Safetox just arrived. It made quite a first impression, as three adult sons and one three year old watched me use it for the first time! HaHa, they were amazed at seeing me all "rocking the Safetox."

I did try level one and couldn't really feel it, it just felt like butterfly wings brushing against my forehead. So I pushed it up to level 3. (meant to do level two, but accidentally got an extra beep in there!) Level three was a bit intense, nothing close to pain, but I could feel my eyebrows buzzing!

I probably would not have finished a whole level three session, except for the above mentioned witnesses, Kgeaux had to be brave!

LOVE it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kgeaux wrote:
WooHoo! My Safetox just arrived. It made quite a first impression, as three adult sons and one three year old watched me use it for the first time! HaHa, they were amazed at seeing me all "rocking the Safetox."

I did try level one and couldn't really feel it, it just felt like butterfly wings brushing against my forehead. So I pushed it up to level 3. (meant to do level two, but accidentally got an extra beep in there!) Level three was a bit intense, nothing close to pain, but I could feel my eyebrows buzzing!

I probably would not have finished a whole level three session, except for the above mentioned witnesses, Kgeaux had to be brave!

LOVE it!

I just love it when someone gets as excited with the Safetox as the rest of us die hards!!!Hands down this device rocks!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. It is hands down my favorite gadget since discovering EDS.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I love using my Safetox!

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question: does anyone's else skin get's irritated under electrodes or it's just me?

I finally have got my batteries old enough to try Level 3 and 3 points. But i have to hide myself for about 15 minutes after treatment until my forehead gets his normal color.

Am i doing something wrong? I use it on clean face. No creams, no serums.

Anyone else looks like pink/red zebra after treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I have a question: does anyone's else skin get's irritated under electrodes or it's just me?

I finally have got my batteries old enough to try Level 3 and 3 points. But i have to hide myself for about 15 minutes after treatment until my forehead gets his normal color.

Mine doesn't get red or irritated but I use the Safetox with an eyeglass kind of cord on it to keep it tight against my head. When I take it off I got an indentation between my eyebrows that stays there for awhile(maybe 30 min. or more) Maybe I should loosen up the cord?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:

I get a bit red under my electrode as well. It doesn't seem irritated at all...just red, and I always assumed it might be from increased circulation at the electrode point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Mine doesn't get red or irritated but I use the Safetox with an eyeglass kind of cord on it to keep it tight against my head. When I take it off I got an indentation between my eyebrows that stays there for awhile(maybe 30 min. or more) Maybe I should loosen up the cord?

Cookie, I would try keeping it tight enough that it doesn't fall off when you tip your head, but not tight enough to make an indentation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Cookie, I would try keeping it tight enough that it doesn't fall off when you tip your head, but not tight enough to make an indentation.

Thanks Bethany, I do think I have been getting it to tight. I am going to start using the 3 point method next week(this is the last week of my RA laser treatment). I will let everyone know how it goes. So far I like it but haven't been using it a lot because of laser treatments so I haven't seen any difference yet but it is very easy to use. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Thanks Bethany, I do think I have been getting it to tight. I am going to start using the 3 point method next week(this is the last week of my RA laser treatment). I will let everyone know how it goes. So far I like it but haven't been using it a lot because of laser treatments so I haven't seen any difference yet but it is very easy to use. Thanks

No problem...keep us posted!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
My Tac Gel came in today....also ordered 24 additional electrodes, hopefully they'll be in soon.

I am loving SafeTox, it is hard to limit my usage to only twice a day. I haven't started the 3 point method yet cuz I don't have enough electrodes to experiment with.

I have a couple of questions. One of my electrodes began to lose its stickiness after only two uses. (hope the Tac Gel will resurrect it!) I was careful to make sure my skin was clean, dry, and prepped with the wipe before sticking the electrode onto my skin. I feel like I must have done something to cause this, but I don't know what. Has this happened to anyone else, anyone have any tips as to how to avoid this happening again?

Secondly, sometimes it feels like the levels are working ok, but the series of beeps at the end of the level is shorter than other times. What does that mean?

Thirdly, (gaaaaa, I feel so stupid!) when I press the button two times to reach Level 2, I always hear THREE beeps. When I press the button three times to get to Level 3, I hear the exact same beeps as when I try to get to Level 2, and then it turns off.

I've read the little pamphlet, watched a you tube that is in German (which I don't speak!) and I STILL can't figure out what I am doing wrong!

Did I get a defective unit? Am I just a dummy?

(praying I am just a dummy, cuz returning this overseas and waiting for a replacement would bevso hard!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kgeaux wrote:
My Tac Gel came in today....also ordered 24 additional electrodes, hopefully they'll be in soon.

I am loving SafeTox, it is hard to limit my usage to only twice a day. I haven't started the 3 point method yet cuz I don't have enough electrodes to experiment with.

I have a couple of questions. One of my electrodes began to lose its stickiness after only two uses. (hope the Tac Gel will resurrect it!) I was careful to make sure my skin was clean, dry, and prepped with the wipe before sticking the electrode onto my skin. I feel like I must have done something to cause this, but I don't know what. Has this happened to anyone else, anyone have any tips as to how to avoid this happening again?

That happens to me too. Teh Tac Gel will fix it...just be sure to apply it VERY sparingly or it will get built up and yucky. I use the tip of my pinky to spread it on, and then let it sit for a few mins before I stick it to my head.

Quote:
Secondly, sometimes it feels like the levels are working ok, but the series of beeps at the end of the level is shorter than other times. What does that mean?

I haev never paid attention to the beeps at the end...I'll do that this weekend and report back.

Quote:
Thirdly, (gaaaaa, I feel so stupid!) when I press the button two times to reach Level 2, I always hear THREE beeps. When I press the button three times to get to Level 3, I hear the exact same beeps as when I try to get to Level 2, and then it turns off.

It sounds like you may be pressing the button too quickly to get to the different levels. Press it once, wait for the one beep and then press it again...you will hear 2 beeps. Then press it again to hear 3 beeps. If you do it too quickly you wil bypass level 2 and get to 3.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany. I betcha I am pushing that button too fast!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Loving the Tac gel!

I am trying the three point system for the first time today. It is kinda hard to get a good connection. I've got to hold the unit or the impulses stop. That is do-able, but hopefully I will learn how to place it in such a way that I don't have to keep it in place with my hand.

I am 58, and according to the little pamphlet it is going to take some time to see real results. I have used Dysport in the past, and I really don't have 11's, mostly hoping for eye lift.

I use the Tua Trend, too, and I have high hopes for the combination of the two devices!

I don't expect to wake up one morning looking 17, but I do want to look "good" for my age.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this device-----it leaves me so relaxed. And what a hoot to learn to use those "good" muscles! I've been pulling my ears back (a minuscule movement, but more than I could do before).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |