Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I love microcurrent and have numerous devices. I really like the nuface but it doesn't effectively treat forehead issues on me. I it great for lifting cheeks, jowls, and the neck. The Safetox has strictly worked on forehead and lifting the eyes...also opening up the middle of the face.

OK. Maybe for now that is what I need. I just wonder if it doesnt work out for me (everyone is different) what would I do with it? I guess it cant easily be returned...I suppose selling it would have to do.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
You are so right, we are all different and what works for one person might not for another. I own two Safetox devices and have bought two from members right here on the EDS forum(these units were for my friends). I think if it doesn't work for you there would be someone on the forum interested in buying it used. Also eBay is an option. Wink Even if a company allows out of the country returns it is rarely worth it because of shipping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
You are so right, we are all different and what works for one person might not for another. I own two Safetox devices and have bought two from members right here on the EDS forum(these units were for my friends). I think if it doesn't work for you there would be someone on the forum interested in buying it used. Also eBay is an option. Wink Even if a company allows out of the country returns it is rarely worth it because of shipping.

True Smile It's worth a shot...nothing ventured, nothing gained.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Even if you think it doesn't work for you for lines you already have, it should still help for prevention of possible future lines with training your forehead muscles to remain relaxed. You could definitely sell it on Ebay though. I stalked Ebay forever for a used one before I finally broke down and bought it new.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Ryan are you still using it and getting good results? I thought you were doing Facercise and having success with that alone? Did that not help your forehead?
RyanA wrote:
Even if you think it doesn't work for you for lines you already have, it should still help for prevention of possible future lines with training your forehead muscles to remain relaxed. You could definitely sell it on Ebay though. I stalked Ebay forever for a used one before I finally broke down and bought it new.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa, no I'm not doing any facial exercises anymore. I am pretty happy with Safetox and microcurrent (Nuface Trinity). I think facial exercises for forehead would be counterproductive to the Safetox.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

Good to know. Of course, I do hope these little forehead creases will just go away. But I'm sure they certainly wont on their own...and they'll get worse if I dont do SOMETHING. lol
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you – but just wanted to ask to make sure. I think facial exercises for the forehead can be beneficial, but I think a lot of it is habit based with raising our eyebrows etc. Still Toby’s photos show an amazing undoing of those lines etc.
RyanA wrote:
Hi Theresa, no I'm not doing any facial exercises anymore. I am pretty happy with Safetox and microcurrent (Nuface Trinity). I think facial exercises for forehead would be counterproductive to the Safetox.
snookydoops
5% products discount

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I love microcurrent and have numerous devices. I really like the nuface but it doesn't effectively treat forehead issues on me. I it great for lifting cheeks, jowls, and the neck. The Safetox has strictly worked on forehead and lifting the eyes...also opening up the middle of the face.

Hi Toby - thanks for posting your pictures. the results are very apparent and your forehead looks great. So much different!

You mention microcurrent for lower face. I'm all in a bit of a tiswas as I don't seem to be motivated to use my NuFace daily (I guess deep down I don't believe it will work and hate wasting my time and emotion) and my recent purchase of slendertone face which I used religiously for two weeks 'seemed' to make things worse. I have quite thick, oily skin with no lines or wrinkles but sag in the cheeks and jowls. What would you recommend? Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
snookydoops wrote:
Toby wrote:

Hi Toby - thanks for posting your pictures. the results are very apparent and your forehead looks great. So much different!

You mention microcurrent for lower face. I'm all in a bit of a tiswas as I don't seem to be motivated to use my NuFace daily (I guess deep down I don't believe it will work and hate wasting my time and emotion) and my recent purchase of slendertone face which I used religiously for two weeks 'seemed' to make things worse. I have quite thick, oily skin with no lines or wrinkles but sag in the cheeks and jowls. What would you recommend? Thanks!

Okay thicker skin does tend to sag and not wrinkle, I have the same type skin although it is not oily, it is normal. Also, unfortunately not every device works the same way on everyone. For most of the members here Safetox has been extremely effective for the forehead. As far as the lower face gravity takes it toll. I have tried many things in my search for lower face tightening, plumping, and lift. My greatest mentors on this forum are PQ and Christine Byer,both experts and masters in skincare. I read and follow what they research and review. That is what lead me to microcurrent and devices. Both are big into layering treatments and that is something I am beginning to understand and try. PQ has recently done a review on the slendertone and it is very favorable as a layer used with microcurrent. Slendertone is faradic not microcurrent. Please view PQ(photo queen)Philip. This is a link that will get you there and look for the slendertone. http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/
So take heart the slendertone may be helpful. I haven't seen PQ nor Christine mention nuface much but for me it is instant help with nasal labial sag. But keep in mind I do a maintenance of microcurrent with my monthly treatments with a professional microcurrent machine. I also daily use a cheap eBay ultrasound machine for about two min. and it helps sag and really makes the skin glow. Sorry for this being so long but there are a lot of things going on. Also for other readers please remember that I am 57 soon to be 58 and someone younger could get by with less layers of treatment Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
So take heart the slendertone may be helpful. I haven't seen PQ nor Christine mention nuface much but for me it is instant help with nasal labial sag. But keep in mind I do a maintenance of microcurrent with my monthly treatments with a professional microcurrent machine. I also daily use a cheap eBay ultrasound machine for about two min. and it helps sag and really makes the skin glow. Sorry for this being so long but there are a lot of things going on. Also for other readers please remember that I am 57 soon to be 58 and someone younger could get by with less layers of treatment Very Happy

Thanks Toby.

Apologies for the delay - I lost the thread!

I do want some professional treatments in addition to doing something to help at home. I've found a salon about 30 mins away from me that does Caci Ultra and I had a treatment yesterday. I didn't notice much more than very soft skin and was expecting a bit of a 'wow' but I did feel that she had a very light touch - in the past I've had the opposite where the prongs seem to dig really deep into the muscle. I've booked a second but want to get a second opinion of a) whether I should be seeing an initial difference and b) how gentle the pronging part of the facial should be.

Two more questions...
1. Do you think nuface or other at home treatments support or negate the effects of a salon regime?

2. what microcurrent and ultrasound machines do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again Toby. I'll check out PQs review (I recall reading one some time ago which prompted me to buy one - I'll read it again).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I had a series of 10 treatments and some esty's had a light touch and others used more pressure points for holding moves....I liked the pressure holding. People are different in how quickly they respond but I saw change after the 6th treatment and was told not to be disappointed if I didn't see change until then. I do treatments with my professional machine on my friends and most saw change after two or three treatments but real change is after six or more. It is important to drink lots of water before and after. I used my Nuface a couple of times a week when I was having the professional treatments and felt it improved results. They say you need to allow 24-48 hours between another microcurrent treatment but I don't always follow that protocol. Christine and PQ are the experts so I hope they will chime in. Wink

5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby

I have my second treatment on Tuesday. Maybe I'll book my third with the other therapist - she's not as experienced on the caci machine but might find she's a bit firmer.

S
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Christine and PQ are the experts so I hope they will chime in. Wink

Thanks Toby - I just watched all of PQ's reviews on his blog and posted on there. Great blog site link. Thanks to PQ for writing and to you for sharing! Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 am      Reply with quote
snookydoops wrote:
Toby wrote:
Christine and PQ are the experts so I hope they will chime in. Wink

Thanks Toby - I just watched all of PQ's reviews on his blog and posted on there. Great blog site link. Thanks to PQ for writing and to you for sharing! Very Happy

I think I answered all your questions on my blog.

Good luck with the CACI.

best

PQ

5% products discount

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes indeed, thanks PQ. Will update in a few weeks!

S
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
My review of Safetox.

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/safetox-review/

Enjoy.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey PQ

I clicked on the link and got taken to a video. Do you ever think of writing your reviews out? My youngest son damaged my speakers, so I can't hear youtube videos etc much to my own disappointment. He does things to my computer sometimes that are way too technical for me!
photoqueen wrote:
My review of Safetox.

Enjoy.

PQ.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Hey PQ

I clicked on the link and got taken to a video. Do you ever think of writing your reviews out? My youngest son damaged my speakers, so I can't hear youtube videos etc much to my own disappointment. He does things to my computer sometimes that are way too technical for me!
photoqueen wrote:
My review of Safetox.

Enjoy.

PQ.

TheresaMary

Sorry about the speakers, I use a mix of written and recorded on the blog, it just so happens the safetox is recorded. Have you got a mobile phone that can play YouTube?

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Hey PQ

photoqueen wrote:
My review of Safetox.

Enjoy.

PQ.

TheresaMary

Sorry about the speakers, I use a mix of written and recorded on the blog, it just so happens the safetox is recorded. Have you got a mobile phone that can play YouTube?

PQ

Hi TheresaMary, if you have a headset you can probably plug it into the computer output and hear the sound. You can also buy really cheap external speakers for a computer for around $15 that will plug into an output on your computer.
It depends on if there is something wrong with the computer audio feed itself or just the speakers built in the computer. If it's just the speakers either of these should work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha don't worry I'll just get one of my other sons to see if he can fix it - he's a wiz with hardware etc. I just go all stupid with technology for some reason. I'm fine with programs like Word or the Internet but ask me about hard drives or ports or cables and I feel like a toddler and your speaking a foreign language.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Safetox on and off for 5 minutes in the morning, because I wake up with a couple of fine lines on my forehead. I think using a new electrode and charged batteries definitely makes a difference over applying the TAC gel on an old electrode.

Last night I had a bad migraine, and the Safetox usually helps ease the pain. So I put it on and went through about 4 cycles (20 minutes). The migraine subsided temporarily, enough to help me drift to sleep (I woke up a few hours later in pain unfortunately), but this morning I woke up and my forehead was smooooooooth! That's what I get for not sticking to Safetox regularly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree. Safetox is one of those not many products you can actually see the difference by using it regularly.

Even several days a week for maintenance keep these muscles toned enough.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hiya

I have filler in my cheeks and tear troughs - does anyone know if using safetox on the forehead will disturb/dissolve it?

Thanks
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been eyeing the Safetox for ages - reading this thread forwards and backwards, looking at their site etc.

And now I caved and ordered it, yay! Very Happy I hope that it will get from the UK to Denmark fast.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |