Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby do you use the pose? I am thinking about that as well. What of your gadgets do you like the best?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Toby do you use the pose? I am thinking about that as well. What of your gadgets do you like the best?

Oh dear sherryfl, what a loaded question....I do love all of my gadgets.....and I do have the Pose but am going start the 12 treatments on Monday...I have done about three treatments a month ago and life got very hectic so I decided to wait to start the intense series, so I can't report report results yet but I think it is a dynamite unit and I am impressed so far. I love the Safetox,the Stop, and the Pose. They would have to be at the top of the list. I also like my prolights but haven't had the rave that Kassy has....maybe I need to use it more often than once a week and try she of her DIY with it. Also I have done derma rolling before it got popular here but didn't have the results that Bethany has. So my pick would be Safetox, Stop and Pose. Tua Viso is great also but facial exercises rank above it but it is icing on the cake with facial exercises being the cake! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Toby:

What exercise program do you use with the Tua Viso to get your results?

LC
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Toby:

What exercise program do you use with the Tua Viso to get your results?

LC

Ageless for the last six months and Flexeffect for about 18 months before that. I like and recommend both programs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Toby and Mpstat - How long are you using an electrode before you change to a new one?

Mpstat - You mentioned you were using your Safetox in areas other than your glabella...can you please share the juicy details on exactly where you are placing them (above your eyebrows?) and why you picked those areas?

THANKS! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
My 41st birthday is in 10 days...I am getting this gift for myself.

Back to the battery subject, has any users tried rechargable batteries...I was wondering how those might work. Have a set charging at all times?

I just had to imput with Toby...Love my Pose! Very Happy
Belly cellulite and under arm chickenskin almost nil! Thats after 3 treatments in 2 weeks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
My 41st birthday is in 10 days...I am getting this gift for myself.

Back to the battery subject, has any users tried rechargable batteries...I was wondering how those might work. Have a set charging at all times?

I just had to imput with Toby...Love my Pose! Very Happy
Belly cellulite and under arm chickenskin almost nil! Thats after 3 treatments in 2 weeks.

My bday is in 7 days and I am ordering the POSE as soon as the white ones are in stock, so I was glad to hear your great feedback. Happy Birthday (soon) to both of us! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Safetox was my birthday present as well!!!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Toby and Mpstat - How long are you using an electrode before you change to a new one?

Mpstat - You mentioned you were using your Safetox in areas other than your glabella...can you please share the juicy details on exactly where you are placing them (above your eyebrows?) and why you picked those areas?

THANKS! Very Happy

Safetox instructions recommend in-between eye brows treatments, which is good. On facial muscles diagram Frontalis (forehead muscle) appears consisting of two parts. I try to place electrodes in the middle of each part, which is approximately above eye brows. This way I can treat this muscle. It is just an extra for frontalis.

Also I used to treat the fourth point in the middle, higher part of in-between eye brows, but now do mostly just three point treatments.

As for patches I use them on average from several days to a week, but I can feel that the treatment strength diminishes quite a bit with older patches.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:

THANKS! Very Happy

Safetox instructions recommend in-between eye brows treatments, which is good. On facial muscles diagram Frontalis (forehead muscle) appears consisting of two parts. I try to place electrodes in the middle of each part, which is approximately above eye brows. This way I can treat this muscle. It is just an extra for frontalis.

Also I used to treat the fourth point in the middle, higher part of in-between eye brows, but now do mostly just three point treatments.

As for patches I use them on average from several days to a week, but I can feel that the treatment strength diminishes quite a bit with older patches.

THANKS!!! I am going to switch to a new patch and see if I can see the difference as well...I can imagine that a new patch AND new batteries could really ramp things up. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am going to switch to a new patch and see if I can see the difference as well...I can imagine that a new patch AND new batteries could really ramp things up. Confused

I used a new patch (a significant difference), and then added new batteries...HUGE difference!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
How often is everyone changing batteries?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:

The batteries are SUPPOSED to last a month, but I assume it depends on 3 things:
- How many cycles you run per treatment (I am doing 3 5min cycles to help with my stress headaches and wrinkles)
- How many times per day you are using it (I am doing it 1-2x a day)
- What level you are using...L3 should take more "juice" than L1 or L2. (I am doing 3 sets of L3)

I changed mine after a little less than a week. Shock

I think I am going to try to get a week out of each electrode patch and set of batteries...yes it will add up $$$ wise, but it is STILL far cheaper than Botox for me since I am so resistant. (lucky me Rolling Eyes )

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just had to weigh in that I am STILL really thrilled with my Safetox! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birday Bethany and thank you!!!

Does that make your birthday the 21st?

I watch your posts a lot...you keep me drooling!! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

The batteries are SUPPOSED to last a month, but I assume it depends on 3 things:
- How many cycles you run per treatment (I am doing 3 5min cycles to help with my stress headaches and wrinkles)
- How many times per day you are using it (I am doing it 1-2x a day)
- What level you are using...L3 should take more "juice" than L1 or L2. (I am doing 3 sets of L3)

I changed mine after a little less than a week. Shock

I think I am going to try to get a week out of each electrode patch and set of batteries...yes it will add up $$$ wise, but it is STILL far cheaper than Botox for me since I am so resistant. (lucky me Rolling Eyes )

For those interested in this little wonder woman gadget, the treatments of twice a day every day are for the intense beginning phase. The duration of this phase depends on age. There is a point when maintenance kicks in and the use of the device is several times a week. So there is an up front expense with batteries and electrodes but again that is the treatment phase. If you order you might want to think about that and order extra electrodes.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
You have me lusting after the Safetox now! My forehead is one place I particularly want to tone. I thought it'd be just another gimmick so it's wonderful to hear you're having such great results with it Very Happy

Not fond of devices with electrodes though, I must admit.

I had a Cleo Q for a while and used Tac Gel to make its electrode pads last longer. Sometimes you'd get a prickly, almost painful sensation, that and the expense of the electrode pads put me off it and I sold it on ebay! Are the Safetox pads expensive/suitable for electrode gel?

I've got AAA rechargeables so batteries wouldn't be a problem.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I really don't know if rechargeable batteries would do the trick, we are using industrial AAA batteries. Although it works with other batteries the intensity is not the same. I don't know but my guess is the best battery that isn't necessarily for duration but for power of intensity. As far as electrodes they run from around 30.00 dollars for a set of 12. Seems like the average user is using an electrode per week of treatments.I intend to go for the gusto during the intense treatment phrase. For me the added benefit is stress, tension, and allergy headaches are completely gone!!!!!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Do rechargable batteries work in with this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
There's a newer variety of NiMH batteries (like Sanyo Eneloop) which keep their charge, even when not being used, and have a higher capacity than Alkalines; I'd have thought they'd be ideal.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
There's a newer variety of NiMH batteries (like Sanyo Eneloop) which keep their charge, even when not being used, and have a higher capacity than Alkalines; I'd have thought they'd be ideal.

Are they? Is that what you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
Happy Birday Bethany and thank you!!!

Does that make your birthday the 21st?

I watch your posts a lot...you keep me drooling!! Very Happy

Thanks! Sunday the 21st is indeed the big day, whereupon I will be 29 yet again (ok, 43). Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Are the Safetox pads expensive/suitable for electrode gel?

I added some gel to one of my old pads, and I do think it does help. However, the metal transformer piece is only supposed to last for 5 treatments and then the strength diminishes.

People with a low pain tolerance that stay on L2 for a while will probably appreciate moving into L3 with an older electrode. Me...I would rather shock the crap out myself and get to the improvement faster! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
As we all are getting excited about the Safetox for wrinkles I mentioned it has helped my headaches that are usually tension based. These are not migraine.If headaches are your issue, you would want to be looking toward the Cefaly, it is truly designed with the correct 20 minute stimulation cycle to deal with headaches. I have given advice to a good friend and my daughter-in-law to order the Cefaly since they are migraine suffers. Safetox is designed for forehead wrinkles, while Cefaly is for headaches.Hope that helps.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
For those who have not tried this yet, once you start using it, your forehead feel exactly like it does after Botox kicks in (kind of frozen), though you do have more mobility.

Interestingly, I can now feel that on my temples and around the outer edges under my eyes to some degree. Over time, I can definitely see where this could impact crowsfeet...how exciting!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |