Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
5-6 cycles a day - how many do they recommend you do? Sometimes more is not always better and you might be doing too much too soon. From what I understand, its about training your muscles not to be so expressive (aka like an electronic version of botox).
EyesWithoutaface wrote:
Recently I started using my Safetox frequently... 5-6 cycles a day. Since I'm working from home I just keep restarting it when it finishes so it really isn't inconvenient in the least.

I have to say the results are noticeable.
The only thing I worry is that I may become acclimated to it.
Anyone use it in this manner?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
EyesWithoutaface wrote:
Recently I started using my Safetox frequently... 5-6 cycles a day. Since I'm working from home I just keep restarting it when it finishes so it really isn't inconvenient in the least.

I have to say the results are noticeable.
The only thing I worry is that I may become acclimated to it.
Anyone use it in this manner?

I used to do that, but found that overuse made my eyes puffy.

FYI that I eventually did become acclimated to it, and it is not as effective for me as it used to be. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Safetox but my frown is too strong and decided to add in a subtle Botox. They say to wait 2 weeks after to do the Safetox again but wonder if that is really really necessary. One of the benefits I see from ST is that it lifts my upper mid cheek area. I look very tired and drawn with out that. It has only been 4 days and my Botox is definitely not set yet. I can still frown. I might even need a bit more. It was a mini treatment because I don't like too frozen so she was conservative. What do you guys think? Has anyone done ST after Botox before the 2 week mark?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly I find CFF exercises more effective for raising my forehead and eyebrows and opening up my eyes. I got the device with the extra 4th channel made for me and still didnt really see the WoW! factor, plus it was a hassle to drag the thing out, put the electrodes on properly, put on the sticky gel, then clean it and put it away. Exercises can be done anywhere, anytime, no equipment needed.

I never saw any effect upon my lower face using the Safe Tox either.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just wanted to chime in here! I've learned so much from this forum, but tend to be more of a student, than stand at the podium- I am very grateful for what I've learned here.
I am one of those rare people that seem to be botox resistant. Have only had it three times- the first was great, but quickly faded, the second even faster, and the third did nothing- even when they added. I am relieved to have had that experience, because the desperation made me overcome by skepticism, and purchase my safetox. I'M A BELIEVER! My issue is deep furrows, although no lines, between the brows, the "11's". They make me look older, and more cross than I want to- even if I am. I also like the effect- when botox did work for me, I felt it relaxed and dropped the area a little bit, and made the part between my brows look unnaturally wide.
I've been using the device for about three weeks, and I not only look more relaxed, I feel it. I hold so much tension in my face, it just massages it away. I am very happy. Yesterday I was on a college campus, and was mistaken for a student- twice! I'm thirty-six, so... (this doesn't always happen, btw- it was a good day!). Facial exercises didn't help with that area (although I love Loulou's for the rest of my face), and retin-a has kept me line-free.
I hope I haven't broken protocol, interrupting like this- just a shout-out to anyone on the fence. Can't say it will work for you, but it does for me! Oh, one more thing- I also use breath-rite strips or frownies to keep myself from frowning in my sleep. Safetox is definitely training my muscles to keep my face open during the day, but I still need help at night- and if I forget and wake w furrows, a session smooths them right out! xo

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
tigerwillow wrote:
Hi, just wanted to chime in here! I've learned so much from this forum, but tend to be more of a student, than stand at the podium- I am very grateful for what I've learned here.
I am one of those rare people that seem to be botox resistant. Have only had it three times- the first was great, but quickly faded, the second even faster, and the third did nothing- even when they added. I am relieved to have had that experience, because the desperation made me overcome by skepticism, and purchase my safetox. I'M A BELIEVER! My issue is deep furrows, although no lines, between the brows, the "11's". They make me look older, and more cross than I want to- even if I am. I also like the effect- when botox did work for me, I felt it relaxed and dropped the area a little bit, and made the part between my brows look unnaturally wide.
I've been using the device for about three weeks, and I not only look more relaxed, I feel it. I hold so much tension in my face, it just massages it away. I am very happy. Yesterday I was on a college campus, and was mistaken for a student- twice! I'm thirty-six, so... (this doesn't always happen, btw- it was a good day!). Facial exercises didn't help with that area (although I love Loulou's for the rest of my face), and retin-a has kept me line-free.
I hope I haven't broken protocol, interrupting like this- just a shout-out to anyone on the fence. Can't say it will work for you, but it does for me! Oh, one more thing- I also use breath-rite strips or frownies to keep myself from frowning in my sleep. Safetox is definitely training my muscles to keep my face open during the day, but I still need help at night- and if I forget and wake w furrows, a session smooths them right out! xo

That's great that it's working so well for you, tigerwillow, and good that you jumped into the conversation. Welcome to the forum. wave
Bellastella
5% products discount

Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, hope this topic is still going Smile) I just bought the safetox and looking forward to go up to session 3 ! I only tried it 3 days this week, but I can't even go up to 2, let alone to 3. It still hurts.
Anyway, I heard about the three point system, and instead of having to read from page one on how to use it like that, appreciate if someone can post the link to that method please !
Thanks, happy safetox Smile)
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested on the three point system tio.
As well my instructions says each patch can only be used once, and i have read hear that can ve used up to 5 times... To be able to use it 5 times i should apply conductor gel?
Bellastella
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:35 am      Reply with quote
So far I have it for one month. I got used to the No. 3 setting with no problem at all now. I am doing it twice a day.

Re the patches, I am still using the same, if it doesn't stick properly I put a piece of tape on top of the patch so they both stick to my forehead Smile I also both the conducive gel or glue, not sure how to use it, or whether I d have to remove the old sticky stuff on the patch.

Does anybody use anything when the wipes run out?? I am not using anything, but if you do, what kind of wet wipe can you use? are alcohol wipes ok? Thanks.

Pablita, still haven't tried the three point system !!
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:53 am      Reply with quote
When you put tape on tio of the parches do uou put the tape on top o the plastic round thing that sticks out?

And the gel should be applied to the black sticky lines in the part of the patch that stick to the skin? Or in the white part where the plastic round thing is avoiding the silve lines?

I do love safetox, our of all my gadgets is the most effective and easy to use, the only down thing is changing the patchs so often.

My face is trained to a point i can raise my eyebrows using the occipital muscle and any wrinkle on my horehead, but i am not able to move my ears.

I have read in another forum that by request a safetox with 4 levels can be made. Mine is the normal one with only 3 levels.
Does anyone have the one with 4 levels and it is worth it? Thinking if the results are much better with the level 4 maybe i should order the improved safetox. And anyone knows the price of the 4 levels one?
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
fawnie wrote:

Bethany, can you explain the 3 point placement of the electrodes?
thx

Basically, instead of using the electrode just between your eyes, you do a treatment on each of the 3 spots below. This is what caused my jowls to disappear fairly quickly when I was using it regularly (I need to start using it again!)

bethany wrote:
Toby wrote:
Okay Bethany, Mpstat and any others that might be doing the three points with the Safetox....is this where you are placing the electrode? The arrows are not for the purpose of this topic just look at the big black circles for the placement points....

The big black circles are exactly where I am placing mine!

If you buy a Safetox, don't forget the TacGel which greatly extends the life of your electrodes! You can get that on Amazon for less than $10.

Here is the 3 point method
Bellastella
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita, as I said I am still using the 4 electronodes I received with the device. I simply put an inch or maybe two inches (I just cut a piece with my teeth) and stick it on the top side of the patch, not touching any of the silvery lining. NOT on the plastic round thing that stick out either. I stick a piece on the top side, so if am explaining this correctly, half of the tape is attached to my forehead, and the other half attached to 1 cm of the top part of the patch. This morning I have put a tiny piece on the bottom part too. I still feel the current and so the patch also doesn't come off when safetox is on.

I bought the gel but haven't used it yet. the sticky glue is still ok and sticks, I just help it with the tape at the moment. What I do not know is, whether I need to remove the old glue that is already at the back, before I start using the Tac Gel (if I do).

Thank you for the three point system I might give it a try, but its hard to do it on a regular basis as it is going to take a lot of time now especially in the morning.

In the meantime, yesterday I did the setting on No. 3 TWICE after each other, rather than once, in the morning (I still do another time in the eve but only one five minute cycle) I felt good I did it twice in a row and seems like my forehead was more relaxed with doing 10 minutes rather than 5 minutes in the morning.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, i am going to put the tape tonight the way you do it.

I should try to do 10 minutes session as well, as sometimes i feel the 5 minutes one is tio short.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I got great results from the 3 point method. Unfortunately, it was too time consuming for me to keep up. I wish safetox would create a 3 point device. I would buy it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted safetox to see if they could make one with a 4th level for me, as i have read some people have ordered custom made with a levem 4.
But they have reply me that they only do it with 3 levels.

When i use the 3 points method, in the points on the side is much more painful than in the point between my eyes. Do this happends to anyone else?

As well the safetox sides are becoming too wide to place it over my head for the side points.
Colettes77
5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I have had my Safetox for nearly three years now, and I still love it. The best device I have by far! I bought it from Win-health. Great service.

When I bought it, I also ordered a set of the Cephaly pads. They come in packs of three. I use the device for one or two five minutes sessions, using a cephaly pad, it covers all the three points in one go without any tricky moves. Very Happy

I use my device in the morning after showering. When I have finished a session I take the pad off my forehead and put it back onto the plastic shield and put the whole lot back in the Saftox pouch. I don't clean it, refrigerate it or anything else. When it is a little less sticky, I gently dab some water over the 'sticky' bit and slap it on my forehead. If it needs a bit more 'stick' I take a dab of tac gel and spread it over the black 'sticky' bit.

My first pad, I used Mon-Fri every week for 13 months. By the end it was a little thin.

I use the device less often now - only as needed, and I am nearly two years into the second pad.

I should add though that the plastic bit in the middle came loose on both the pads very early on. I carefuly removed that part and fed a new 'normal Safetox' pad through the gap, which sort of re-reinforced the whole thing.

Using it on a clean, damp, forehead is the key to it's longevity.

As for batteries I bought some Eneloop rechargeables and they last me ages between recharges.

Hope that Helps

Colette

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information Colette.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Colettes77, thank you very much for your information, I was wondering if you ever used the Safetox with the pad for it, only one central point, or if you've used the pad intended for Cefaly from the begining. Interested in knowing if you've used both and found a difference. I wasn't aware that the Safetox could be used with the Cefaly pad so I'm very grateful for the info!!
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:32 am      Reply with quote
During a spell of cold-induced insomnia I snuffled my way through the entire 62 pages of this thread and then bought the safetox.

I am so glad I had read here before trying!! Wowsers indeed...

Am loving the serene feeling though, and the sensation is bad but weirdly good Shock

Hoping it will inhibit the scrunching of my glabellar area both at work and when I seemingly 'snarl' in my sleep (the only way I can recreate the ever deepening horizontal lines at the root of my nose)! Slightly concerned that relaxing my frontal muscles might make my already drooping eyebrows droop further, but encouraged by those using the 3-point protocol who have found instead that its been eye-opening. As I can wiggle my ears already I am optimistic.

So grateful to all who have experimented and posted feedback! This forum has been a valuable source of information on many topics but this motivated me to join. Will share results as / if they occur! Smile
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Safetox is very good to lift eyebrows, my eyebrows are very lifted since i use it.
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Thats good to hear, thanks Pablita - was that using it only on the glabellar area, or following the three-point protocol?
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Your very wellcome, i am using only the middle point as my head is big and i am afraid to break the headset with the 3 points, and the times i have try it does not work all well for me.
I am going to order the cefaly patchs and try the 3 point system with it.

I has a very droppy eyelid on my right eye, flex effect helped me a lot, but after i started using safetox my eyelids are really high, and my eyes very open same as they were when i was a teenager.
My forhead lines look softer too, but the biggest improvement i have had from safetox is the lift and opening of my eyes.
I love my safetox Smile
Gruffalo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Pablita, thats fantastic. The Cephaly patches do look like they are quite ideal, I think I will do the same. Am so excited if I can lose the tired cross brow droop!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Colette, that is great advice. Thank you for sharing it. I can't wait to try it!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Gruffalo i am sure you will see improvement after a while of regular use Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |