Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
from the research I did, they cannot make it with a mains or rechargeable due to the fact it needs a constant straight current and batteries are the only way to get this - you get dips constantly on mains electric - probably a much better technical answer out there but thats the best way I can explain it!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
I've been eying off this little gadget for a while now, but wasn't sure about the batteries issue. How quickly are you going through batteries? Once a week, once a month?

Part of me wants to wait and see if they bring out a model that can be plugged in, or will take rechargeables. The other part thinks lets just get it NOW!

I replace batteries about once a week...and I typically do like 4-5 cycles a night.

I asked about rechargeble batteries previously in the thread...they said it will be a year or more for that to happen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - you use it on level 3 upto 5 times a night?

Do you see a huge difference if you don't use it 5 times a night?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Bethany - you use it on level 3 upto 5 times a night?

Do you see a huge difference if you don't use it 5 times a night?

I took a VERY long break, and am just getting back into using it again. However, I have already seen a softening of my forehead lines after less than a week, and can feel a slight numbness in my forehead the entire next day (just like with Botox). But 5 cycles aren't necessary...I just like the relaxation aspect! Two cycles are probably optimal.

I seriously doubt that Safetox will completely eliminate Botox for me, but I do believe that it will allow be to go longer between touchups, and not quite so "lined" as the Botox wears off.

Just as an FYI, I have tried a number of tools here on EDS, and this is one of very few that performed exactly as advertised for me. I am even considering buying a 2nd one to keep in my home office to ensure that I use it 2x a day!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, thanks for letting me know how frequently you chew through them.

'A year or more' for rechargeables, hey? It is always invariably 'more'. I think I probably should just get this and forget about waiting.

Thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Bethany, thanks for letting me know how frequently you chew through them.

No problem! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany! If I use mine more than two cycles at a time on level three, my head buzzes. Laughing For about 30 minutes, I feel a strong tingling sensation one my forehead. Do you get that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Hi Bethany! If I use mine more than two cycles at a time on level three, my head buzzes. Laughing For about 30 minutes, I feel a strong tingling sensation one my forehead. Do you get that?

I get a slight tingling, and my forehead is a bit numb. I think I get more numb with each cycle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
well I don't want to jinx it...but...I think it's working already!

I did it twice Weds, three or four times Thurs and twice Fri - husband came home last night after working away all week, and I had a bit of a weepy moment due to a thousand and one other things, and halfway through he just looked at me and said 'I can see your eyelids!' - sounds a very small thing but usually when I am having a good cry my eyelid overhang is so bad its on my lashes - even without crying the past year you cannot really see my proper eyelid and as I get tireder it droops even further

(I am not doing the cycles one after each other but once at lunch, once after work and then again before bed but if doing them 3 times in a row gets better results I will try it)

Asked him again today how they looked (bear in mind they are a bit puffy still) and he said he can defo see a difference.

Unfortunately I had a majorly horrid migraine start last night which got worse today due to the crying but used it an hour ago and it has eased off the left over headache I have/had

My industrial batteries have arrived but Tac Gel not due til next week so am just using the same patch for now and the batteries that came with it (which say industrial on them so maybe they changed the batteries?)

I know I will still 'need' surgery ont he eyelids in the future as my problem is a combo of the excess skin and brow drooping but if this little gadget can get me back to how I looked 18months ago I will be over the moon - joint first place with the Dr Kern for best £179 have ever spent!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:

I did it twice Weds, three or four times Thurs and twice Fri - husband came home last night after working away all week, and I had a bit of a weepy moment due to a thousand and one other things, and halfway through he just looked at me and said 'I can see your eyelids!' - sounds a very small thing but usually when I am having a good cry my eyelid overhang is so bad its on my lashes - even without crying the past year you cannot really see my proper eyelid and as I get tireder it droops even further

(I am not doing the cycles one after each other but once at lunch, once after work and then again before bed but if doing them 3 times in a row gets better results I will try it)

Asked him again today how they looked (bear in mind they are a bit puffy still) and he said he can defo see a difference.

Unfortunately I had a majorly horrid migraine start last night which got worse today due to the crying but used it an hour ago and it has eased off the left over headache I have/had

My industrial batteries have arrived but Tac Gel not due til next week so am just using the same patch for now and the batteries that came with it (which say industrial on them so maybe they changed the batteries?)

I know I will still 'need' surgery ont he eyelids in the future as my problem is a combo of the excess skin and brow drooping but if this little gadget can get me back to how I looked 18months ago I will be over the moon - joint first place with the Dr Kern for best £179 have ever spent!

Very encouraging news for you! I have had very nice lifting in the upper eye area and forehead from the Safetox.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just cannot believe it to be honest - I cannot see it doing anything whilst it's on, so was worried I had wasted my money (I think I was expecting to see my eyebrows shoot up whilst it works)

And the proof it does work on those muscles is when I try to lift the brow myself (sort of moving your ears up too) there is very little movement whereas before it was huge and I kept wishing I could hold it like that for longer than 30secs
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:

Awesome! You should think about adding some facial exercises for the eye area too. My eyelids were drooping to the point that my eyeliner was rubbing off on my upper lids, and my plastic surgeon (for my nose) said I was a definite candidate for an eye lift.

After a couple of months of using Ageless, I no longer needed the eye lift! Woo hoo!! (FYI...I added Safetox AFTER starting Ageless)

Safetox may be enough for you on its own, but if it isn't, Ageless + Safetox will fix you right up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Will defo have a look at Ageless

Cannot wait for the Tac gel to arrive - the stickiness has gone from my electrode and I am loathe to use a new one

Did someone say you can put a teeny bit of water on them as a quick fix?
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Manclass, your hubby noticing has to be a good thing. I'm glad you are already seeing results.

Yes, water can help until you get the tacgel.

Speaking of facial exercises, I was just reading the NL thread and Miranda tells how to do an Eva Frasier exercise that has lifted her eyebrows. Here is the link.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=517374#517374

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Especially with him being the worlds biggest sceptic Very Happy

Thanks for that link!

Am off to go 'tox myself just one more time before bed - bloody addictive isn't it Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Manclass, your hubby noticing has to be a good thing. I'm glad you are already seeing results.

Yes, water can help until you get the tacgel.

Or medical tape that you can get at the drugstore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Speaking of facial exercises, I was just reading the NL thread and Miranda tells how to do an Eva Frasier exercise that has lifted her eyebrows. Here is the link.

The exercise is on page 14, in case the link takes you to page 1 like mine did. Mad

(you can can see from Toby's link that the page starts with message 325, but mine just goes straight to message 1 every time, darn it)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use it once a day for 2 cycles. I try to x2 a day but even though it sits by my computer I forget.
It has made a difference and given my upper eyes lift which I can only attribute to the Sate tx
The gel is the bomb and I use normal rechargeable no probs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my Safetox like crazy since I got back on the bandwagon, and have to say that I am loving it all over again.

I closed my eyes and focused on the vibrations this afternoon (with some tag gel and fresh batteries), and I could feel them in my cheeks and all the way down to my chin Shock as well as the usual areas, of course. Interestingly, I am continuing to feel the slight numbness on my forehead through the next day, and I am also feeling it around my temples and outer eyes.

The Safetox and the Dermaroller are my 2 favorite tools, and fortunately this is FAR more pleasant to use! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Wow!

Thanks A LOT, to you all.

It has been a while since I do not post at EDS and now i remember why I was so hocked here: because of all the great people around helping and sharing knowledge.

Glad I am back!

I think that if you do not feel the actual muscle at the back of your head engaged might be 'cause is too weak or either 'cause there are no electrodes specifically placed there.

My own deduction:
Safetox does paralize the front muscles by using the electro-inhibition, wich is pretty much to induce the muscle to the exhaustion where no longer responds to the electrical signs sent by the nerves.

This was extracted from the same page I posted before:
Quote:
An essential feature of the invention is that the current applied advantageously uses impulses with a frequency above 100 Hz, which causes very rapid electric fatigue of the pyramidal muscle (4, 5) . Thanks to this continuous excitation of the motor nerves, there occurs a rapid cessation of the electric activity of the muscle fibres innervated by the excited motor nerves (6) . With this impulse frequency maintained constant, the pyramidal muscle can no longer be excited within a few tens of seconds, loses its tone and thus relaxes completely (7) .

The excitation of the motor neurons of the pyramidal muscle also causes the relaxation of its antagonistic muscle—the forehead muscle—via the reflex of reciprocal inhibition (Cool . In fact, the electric impulses at the level of a muscle not only excite the motor neurons of this muscle but also the afferent proprioceptive fibres of this muscle. The excitation of the latter inhibits the motor neurons of the antagonistic muscle (9,10) .

Moreover, the electrodes 2 being positioned at the level of the inner tendons of the eyebrow muscles, the current excites the afferent nerves of these tendons, i.e. those that leave the Golgi tendon spindle. Since these tendon afferents inhibit the motor neurons of their muscles, namely the double eyebrow muscle, their excitation by the electric impulses causes the relaxation of the muscle (11, 12) .

According to the invention, the electric frequencies are higher (at least 120 or 150 Hz) and the application time is much longer (typically more than 60 s) than in patent U.S. Pat. No. 4,957,480. This therefore does not lead to working fatigue but to an intense so-called “electric” fatigue (4, 6) . The electric activity in the muscle fibre, characterised by rest and action potentials, disappears as a result of the accumulation of extra-cellular potassium ions (K + ). The electromechanical linkage of the muscular activity is broken by the disappearance of the electric potential of the fibres. This results in the total suspension of the mechanical activity of the muscle and hence complete relaxation, the muscle being in a reversible state of electromechanical sideration. Achieving this state is moreover avoided and not recommended in conventional electro-stimulation. It can only arise thanks to the specific electric parameters of the present invention. It is observed neither in electro-stimulation nor in voluntary contractions

Another thing to consider is that isolating facial muscles is hard and in most of the cases auxiliar muscles work in synergy with the targeted ones.

That happens with the area we are talking about.

At the pps about safetox i saw how they claim to work the back muscle of the ear (I am trying to avoid tech. names) wich engages the back of your head.

It does a lot of sense to me. If this device causes the frontalis muscles to paralize due to exhaustion, and reinforces the very weak muscles of the sides and back of your head then there is no resistance from the front and obviously the face gets an "ocasional lifting".

I can state this 'cause is what I have observed in myself just by exercising contractions at will.

What I can't do or at least I haven't done yet (I am a bit crazy and always try weird experiments)is to paralize a muscle by exhaustion. I might try it with a professional unit of electrostimulation that I own, but I have been to chicken to use on myself....

I am still hesitating about the italian Safetox.
I live in europe and vat is not an issue.
150€ plus 18 for shipping sounds reasonable.
It is very tempting, but I always give myself a bit of time to think about new investments instead jumping on them.
I will keep watching this thread for updates.

Again thank you all beauties! You are an unvaluave source of honesty and help!

Smile

Ordered mine and waiting for it to get here. I wanted to re-read the thread again just to make sure all my questions were answered and found this info about the back of the head muscles being used after Safetox has been used consistently. The thing is that I already can move the back of my head aka wiggle my ears. I can pull my head back with no problem as I can control these muscles thus causing a lifting effect and smoothing out forehead, but of course, the lifting effect leaves when I pull my forehead down again/relax to muscles. If I can do this, will the Safetox not work for me then as I already have control over these muscles? Say it 'aint so as Safetox has been ordered already. Sad

I guess I should not freak out too much until I have actually tried it out, but just wondering about these back of the head muscles moving with use of Safetox as I already can move those muscles.

Thanks.
havana8

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tonia wrote:

The exercise is on page 14, in case the link takes you to page 1 like mine did. Mad

(you can can see from Toby's link that the page starts with message 325, but mine just goes straight to message 1 every time, darn it)

The link should go directly to the post now. HTHs.
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pegotty - that was my concern as i too can lift back already - it seems to naturally keep it lifted - i think it actually builds those muscles to be stronger, put it this way after using it when i try to pull up there is no real difference as its already 'up'

i think i overdid the Tac gel earlier - bloody thing slid down my face Laughing only concern i have is that it doesnt seem to be working properly unless i lay back or tilt my head up - only happened last 2 days - anyone had similar?
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Pegotty - that was my concern as i too can lift back already - it seems to naturally keep it lifted - i think it actually builds those muscles to be stronger, put it this way after using it when i try to pull up there is no real difference as its already 'up'

i think i overdid the Tac gel earlier - bloody thing slid down my face Laughing only concern i have is that it doesnt seem to be working properly unless i lay back or tilt my head up - only happened last 2 days - anyone had similar?

So it's working for you to keep your forehead naturally lifted with those back muscles?!? Yay! Just took a load off of my mind! BTW, the wiggling your ears /moving head back is pretty cool trick. Not a lot of people can do that! Very Happy

As far as the tac gel is the only thing I havent bought yet. I will be rewetting or putting tape to the sticky pads to make them last. I don't know how I feel about using glue on my skin. Can it penetrate the skin? Is it super hard to peel off? I don't want to do any unecessary skin pulling in order to peel those things off.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Manclass, I have the same thing. It definitely works best if I am lying down or my head is tilted up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had the safetox to burn their skin? If I don't get all of the lotion or oils off of my skin first, or if I have too much of my (nasty, generic) electrode gel on the electrode, it will literally burn my skin. It feels like it's burning and I'll take the thing off and my skin is hot and red. It will stay red and irritated for several hours. The last time, it was irritated for several days and peeled like a sunburn.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |