Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I got the tac gel yesterday and used it for the first time last night. The electrodes worked like the first time I ever used the machine. It was great. I recommend. No irritation either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
*doh* i overdid the gel and sported a rather nice big red patch after doing 2 cycles today - defo less is more!

Manclass, I've just bought my brand new Safetox from eBay (£118!!); where do you buy your Tacgel in case I need it? Is it from somewhere in the UK?
TIA
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mobilis Direct and it came to £8.44 - Pads Direct were cheaper but out of stock!

My replacement has arrived (big thumbs up for Win Health) and touch wood so far so good though somehow i seem to be getting one side working better than the other so I need to play with electrode placement again - but my eyelids are back already tVery Happy

Still hoping someone has advice for travelling as no way can I go on hols without it!
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Safetox two weeks ago! I asked Toby this via PM since she got such great results. Posting here as I thought you all may have some ideas! I like the way it feels and the immediate after effect. However, I still wake up with my corrugators/forehead frowns. I dont have lines there YET but do have the muscles furrowing in from stress, squinting, reading, etc. Will they eventually stay flattened even while I sleep?

Also,does it matter where on the forehead you place the pad? Or should it always go in between your eyebrows? I was thinking since my problem is the frown muscles, it may help there.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty - I experimented with different Safetox placements in the past. Re-posting a post from page six of this thread:
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
Toby and Mpstat - How long are you using an electrode before you change to a new one?

Mpstat - You mentioned you were using your Safetox in areas other than your glabella...can you please share the juicy details on exactly where you are placing them (above your eyebrows?) and why you picked those areas?

THANKS! Very Happy

Safetox instructions recommend in-between eye brows treatments, which is good. On facial muscles diagram Frontalis (forehead muscle) appears consisting of two parts. I try to place electrodes in the middle of each part, which is approximately above eye brows. This way I can treat this muscle. It is just an extra for frontalis.

Also I used to treat the fourth point in the middle, higher part of in-between eye brows, but now do mostly just three point treatments.

As for patches I use them on average from several days to a week, but I can feel that the treatment strength diminishes quite a bit with older patches.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
However, I still wake up with my corrugators/forehead frowns. I dont have lines there YET but do have the muscles furrowing in from stress, squinting, reading, etc. Will they eventually stay flattened even while I sleep?

Do you happen to sleep on your side?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Peggotty - I experimented with different Safetox placements in the past. Re-posting a post from page six of this thread:
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
Toby and Mpstat - How long are you using an electrode before you change to a new one?

Mpstat - You mentioned you were using your Safetox in areas other than your glabella...can you please share the juicy details on exactly where you are placing them (above your eyebrows?) and why you picked those areas?

THANKS! Very Happy

Safetox instructions recommend in-between eye brows treatments, which is good. On facial muscles diagram Frontalis (forehead muscle) appears consisting of two parts. I try to place electrodes in the middle of each part, which is approximately above eye brows. This way I can treat this muscle. It is just an extra for frontalis.

Also I used to treat the fourth point in the middle, higher part of in-between eye brows, but now do mostly just three point treatments.

As for patches I use them on average from several days to a week, but I can feel that the treatment strength diminishes quite a bit with older patches.

I tried Mpstat's 3 point treatment tonight, and YOWZA...those 2 new points above my eyebrows brought tears to my eyes, lol. But I'll keep doing them! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
However, I still wake up with my corrugators/forehead frowns.

Peggotty, I get that as well. I spend all day consciously trying not to engage my frown muscles then every morning I wake up realising I must of spent my 8 hours 'beauty' sleep with a furrowed brow!
My laugh lines get worse overnight as well. What on earth am I doing at night???! (BTW I've always slept on my back, face upwards.) Curiously, I never had this problem until after I started using Frownies (went through a phase last year of wearing them every night for about 6 months for preventative reasons. My 11's are far worse now - how's that for a backfire)
hmm

Oh, nearly forgot - due to development of 11's, I had my Safetox delivered yesterday and am about to put it on for first time now. Very excited!!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just tried the three point thing too. It was a bit of a shock at first. As Bethany said, Yowza!!! Does that help with the horizontal lines? I have seen a big improvement in the 11's but not the horizontals.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I make facial expressions in my sleep too. The frownies helped me. Actually, I shouldn't say frownies. I use medical tape so I can cut out the size and shape I want.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, do you feel the tape helps. I use breathe right strips. They work wonderfully. I too try to make a point not to use my forehead muscles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it helps. I put it on at night and wake up with less wrinkles instead of more. If I use it consistently, they go down a lot. But I hate having the tape on my face. It looks awful and I keep getting caught with it on. Christmas morning, we were still in our pj's looking at what Santa brought when I realized I was walking around with tape on my face. I have run into house guests in the night with it on before and even answered the door with it on when my neighbor rang the doorbell at 6:30am. My son keeps asking how I got boo boo's on my face. When I was using it consistently, I even started having dreams about being out in public with it on. It's not my favorite thing but it works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
When I was using it consistently, I even started having dreams about being out in public with it on.

I am so sorry for laughing, but this line just cracked me up. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Heehee, it is pretty funny. The last thing I was thinking before I went to bed every night was, "God, I hope nobody sees me looking like this."

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Heehee, it is pretty funny. The last thing I was thinking before I went to bed every night was, "God, I hope nobody sees me looking like this."

And I just noticed you signature....that got another laugh out of me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, I know what you mean by you forget they are on. I forget to take mine off and have gone to the gym with them on. Very embarrassing. But it works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Love the Safetox - great investment. Also did the three position thing as well.

Great advice ladies (and gents?); many thanks. Smile
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. So safetox is amazing. But need a little extra help at night so I have been using the large breathe right nose strips. Well, they work... too well,actually. What I mean is that those darn things are sooo hard to peel off! They actually get stuck to the skin. any way to ease them off slowly without pulling the skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I tried Mpstat's 3 point treatment tonight, and YOWZA...those 2 new points above my eyebrows brought tears to my eyes, lol. But I'll keep doing them! Very Happy

I just had to post (again) that mpstat's 3 point treatment really kicks butt.

I am now doing two Level 3 cycles on each of the 3 points, and am back to feeling my head tingle for some time after the treatment. I can also feel the slight numbness in my forehead and on my temples for the next 24 hours, which also reminds me to pull my forehead back to help minimize lines and maximize lift throughout the day. Plus I can feel it around my mouth, so it is definitely working more of my face as they say online.

For those who haven't seen it, this is a great link on the Safetox website where they point out which wrinkle types can be helped by Safetox, and how long it will take to see results. Be sure to click on each of the types (in French)...a little English overview will pop up for each one.
http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

Is it as good as Botox? Nope. But it's the closest thing I have found yet for softening my forehead lines and 11's.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Something I'm curious about...

I've read that if you have botox, once it wears off your frown lines will return but over time with continual use of botox the muscles atrophy and you need the injections less often. (I've also read the opposite, that the wrinkles return worse than before but I believe this is anti-botox 'propaganda' as it makes sense to me that a continuously atrophied muscle will weaken over time.)

So if I'm right in assuming Safetox works on the same principle as Botox, can there be a point where you use Safetox as an occasional maintenance tool?

I understand the Safetox theory of inhibiting the frown muscles so you can strengthen the posterior skull muscles but if you already have strength in these muscles (I can easily move my ears and hairline back and forth) but still have frown muscles developing then am I going to get to an improvement point where I can go to 'maintenance" ?

Has anyone reached the point of using Safetox occasionally? I've read a few times now 'when I've missed a few sessions, it's noticeable'.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Safetox for a year and used it continuously for four months as recommended for my age and situation. I now only need to use it a couple of times a month to maintain the effect. My frown lines were extreme so I am a good example of what can be achieved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - thank you so much for coming back and telling us your success with Safetox after using it for a year.

I just placed an order for this gadget (I hope I can keep my CC hidden for a while now).

I hope to extend Botox treatments. Currently get them about every 3-4 mos (usually 3) for my 11's, crowsfeat and a few forehead lines. If it can help me go every 6mos or so, it will be a $$ saver! I would also like to see an 'upturn' in my downturn corners of my mouth (which leads to a bit of a sag in that area too).

Those are my major needs, so I am anxiously waiting my order!

Question for you gals - will I need the Tacgel right away? (Where do I order?)
AND - do I need to get better batteries right away (Again - where?)

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Batteries here
http://ebatteriestogo.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD%26Store_Code=EBTG%26Product_Code=C3791

Tacgel here
http://www.balegoonline.org/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result%26search_in_description=1%26zenid=6f228fa493cc12eaffdce92b954eba98%26keyword=tacgel

Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Question for you gals - will I need the Tacgel right away? (Where do I order?)
AND - do I need to get better batteries right away (Again - where?)

TIA

You will want to order both right away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I would also like to see an 'upturn' in my downturn corners of my mouth (which leads to a bit of a sag in that area too).

My mouth corners have turned up in the last few weeks and I have been wondering what did that. It didn't even occur to me that it could be the Safetox. Can it really do that? I haven't been doing facial exercises but have upped my Safetox usage to 4 cycles per day. I know it said on the websit that it could effect the lower face but I didn't believe it.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |