Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
At the end of the day, you can pick it apart however you want. Good luck to you on however and whatever you choose to do.

I'm happy with the results and what I have seen after using Safetox over long periods of time with different approaches (including months off in the middle), and I am going to keep doing it this way. I may be a former market researcher, but I'm going to pass on the need for clinicals in this instance. Should I suffer a collapse of my forehead down to my knees, I'll be sure to post immediately. Laughing

Nuff said for me on this topic. Very Happy

So are you saying that you have used it for a time when just doing the two points above the eyebrows and not doing the point between the nose?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think the 3 point is awesome but am having difficuly on the left side. I just can seem to get it to connect. I have a low forehead so there is not much room but i seem able to do the right side but not the left.
Any hints on connecting?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I think the 3 point is awesome but am having difficuly on the left side. I just can seem to get it to connect. I have a low forehead so there is not much room but i seem able to do the right side but not the left.
Any hints on connecting?

Kate, have you tried shifting the electrode a little farther to the left or right? I have had to shift mine as well when I am not getting a good connection.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lisacollins, Bethany and I have both done the single point between the eyebrows for months. I think Bethany used that for more like a year. We know what the single point does for us. We both saw a significant difference when we added the 3 points. We don't need to do just the two over the eyebrows to know that there is a tremendous difference. Feel free to try it out and let us know how it goes. I, personally, love what the 3 point is doing for me so much that I don't want to take enough time off to experiment right now. I'm getting such great results, I just want to stick with it for now. Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to do.

Oh, and concerning the fear of it making your eyebrows drop, no one has mentioned having that problem. It's the exact opposite. You get a lifting effect. Regardless, the good thing about Safetox is that it is cumulative and the results are temporary. If you are concerned about it, keep an eye on it. If your eyebrow droops, stop whatever you are doing, and it will be back to normal in a couple of days. With Botox, you'll be fighting the effect for much longer than that.

I hope you get the same wonderful results that we have. It is, by far, my favorite gadget.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
To further support the three point system, Mpstat has been using the technique for a year and she has shared positive results in comments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I never saw a difference in my NL's or lower face area with the single point. That happened within two weeks of starting the three point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Oh, and I never saw a difference in my NL's or lower face area with the single point. That happened within two weeks of starting the three point.

Yeh...I guess it's different for each person. I have only used the one point and it has only been a few weeks now and I just can not believe how it has majorly improved my NL lines.

They are almost gone....maybe it is because I do 3-five minutes sessions twice a day and make sure I feel that strong tingling sensation under the skin. I am going to move up to 4-five minute sessions and see if I can finally get rid of them totally.

It was the best $150.00 I have ever spent.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

Ditto!!! I have owned mine for right about 11 months, and never saw lower-face results like this using the recommended one-point protocol.

BTW, Kevin from Safetox got back with me, and said I would hear from one of their doctors in a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just started doing the 3 point process a few days ago, thanks for the tips!!! Very Happy
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Here is the response from Safetox's doctor:

“Actually the standard safetox protocol with the electrode over the glabella is to take advantage on acting on all the upper face muscles (gorugator, procerus and frontalis) together. Nevertheless acting at once on all is a gain of time but not very specific.

What you are doing is a more specific and efficient action. When you place the electrode on the side you are right on a mid frontalis and a corugator. But of course you have to repeat that on both sides and that takes longer sessions than with the standard protocol.

On a physiologic point of view your protocol is better. But I would not recommend it at safetox beginners only when you’ve got the experience with safetox (at least a few weeks with the standard protocol before to add your protocol).

Dr P Rigaux"

It appears that putting them on the sides is a more efficient protocol to speed up the process.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!!Hooray!!!I think I will do a boogie dance for this report! I am now committed to the three pointers!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
katebargold wrote:
Any hints on connecting?

Kate, have you tried shifting the electrode a little farther to the left or right? I have had to shift mine as well when I am not getting a good connection.

Thanks Bethany it is no where near the centre of my eybrow but at least it doing something.
Man it makes my eyes water Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:

“Actually the standard safetox protocol with the electrode over the glabella is to take advantage on acting on all the upper face muscles (gorugator, procerus and frontalis) together. Nevertheless acting at once on all is a gain of time but not very specific.

What you are doing is a more specific and efficient action. When you place the electrode on the side you are right on a mid frontalis and a corugator. But of course you have to repeat that on both sides and that takes longer sessions than with the standard protocol.

On a physiologic point of view your protocol is better. But I would not recommend it at safetox beginners only when you’ve got the experience with safetox (at least a few weeks with the standard protocol before to add your protocol).

Dr P Rigaux"

It appears that putting them on the sides is a more efficient protocol to speed up the process.

Yep...that's pretty much what we already concluded. And the results proved it.

And I don't see any mention of drooping foreheads anywhere either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the complete email that I received from SafeTox when I contacted them about the amazing results Tonia and I were seeing.

Quote:
Dear Bethany,

Kevin forwarded me your very interesting email.

Actually the standard safetox protocol with the electrode over the glabella is to take advantage on acting on all the upper face muscles (gorugator, procerus and frontalis) together. Nevertheless acting at once on all is a gain of time but not very specific.

What is impressive is the improvement you describe. On a scientific point of view the Safetox efficacy is under face lift and can matched on some users the injection treatments. Now we have maybe to rethink the efficacy assessment according to new protocols. For sure I’ll do some tests in clinics to get a better assessment and have some idea of the relation between efficacy and placement.

Anyway, let me tell you that it is not unusual that patients finally find out the most appropriate protocols. And you did well. [actually MPSTAT deserves the credit, and I had pointed him to this thread and her recommendation/illustation]

Thank a lot for your feedback that helps everybody.

Best regards,

Dr Pierre RIGAUX

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
bethany wrote:
katebargold wrote:
Any hints on connecting?

Thanks Bethany it is no where near the centre of my eybrow but at least it doing something.
Man it makes my eyes water Shock

What level are you using? Your forehead gets more numb after a cycle, so you could start with a lower cycle, and then bump it up one when you repeat it. It might be a little less like torture that way. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Here is the complete email that I received from SafeTox when I contacted them about the amazing results Tonia and I were seeing.

Quote:
Dear Bethany,

Kevin forwarded me your very interesting email.

Actually the standard safetox protocol with the electrode over the glabella is to take advantage on acting on all the upper face muscles (gorugator, procerus and frontalis) together. Nevertheless acting at once on all is a gain of time but not very specific.

What is impressive is the improvement you describe. On a scientific point of view the Safetox efficacy is under face lift and can matched on some users the injection treatments. Now we have maybe to rethink the efficacy assessment according to new protocols. For sure I’ll do some tests in clinics to get a better assessment and have some idea of the relation between efficacy and placement.

Anyway, let me tell you that it is not unusual that patients finally find out the most appropriate protocols. And you did well. [actually MPSTAT deserves the credit, and I had pointed him to this thread and her recommendation/illustation]

Thank a lot for your feedback that helps everybody.

Best regards,

Dr Pierre RIGAUX

Oh this is so good to hear...let's hear it for Mpstat for starting the three points and Bethany for riding it home to us!Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Oh this is so good to hear...let's hear it for Mpstat for starting the three points and Bethany for riding it home to us!Image

And Toby for the pic with the dots added so that everyone could visualize it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I find the two eyebrow points quite torturous (in that lovely Safetox way) and I can feel the sensation going right over my scalp. I think it's going to be invaluable for when I get a migraine.

However, one thing worries me - I do notice my 11s contracting and considering they're pumped full of Botox this is not something that I really want happening. Do you all notice this too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
However, one thing worries me - I do notice my 11s contracting and considering they're pumped full of Botox this is not something that I really want happening. Do you all notice this too?

I don't see this at all, actually. But I am going to go change my batteries and do a treatment, and then I'll report back in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

Dr P Rigaux"

Yep...that's pretty much what we already concluded. And the results proved it.

And I don't see any mention of drooping foreheads anywhere either.

Well if there was any possibility or any reports of drooping they surely would not let that be known.

Kinda like Toyota never let it be known about its pedal issues until it was necessary.

So that doesn't mean it can't happen.

And it will be interesting to see what Keliu determines about the contracting of her 11s...is it just a placement issues that can be remedied by moving the electrodes some or is it something that will keep happening...because it sounds like it would be defeating the purpose of what the Safetox is meant to do if it keeps contracting the 11s.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Well if there was any possibility or any reports of drooping they surely would not let that be known.

Kinda like Toyota never let it be known about its pedal issues until it was necessary.

And it will be interesting to see what Keliu determines about the contracting of her 11s...is it just a placement issues that can be remedied by moving the electrodes some or is it something that will keep happening...because it sounds like it would be defeating the purpose of what the Safetox is meant to do if it keeps contracting the 11s.

If you're concerned about the forehead, I would definitely write Safetox and ask if there are any negative ramifications. Not everyone in the world has questionable ethics, so hopefully you can get a frank answer.

And since Safetox is pitched to extend Botox and you are concerned about Keliu's 11's, you could ask about that as well.

I think it's better to go straight to the experts as opposed to just guessing. You might also want to ask about how many cycles you are doing, since that varies from the instructions as well. Better safe than sorry!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

If you're concerned about the forehead, I would definitely write Safetox and ask if there are any negative ramifications. Not everyone in the world has questionable ethics, so hopefully you can get a frank answer.

And since Safetox is pitched to extend Botox and you are concerned about Keliu's 11's, you could ask about that as well.

I think it's better to go straight to the experts as opposed to just guessing. You might also want to ask about how many cycles you are doing, since that varies from the instructions as well. Better safe than sorry!!

From a companies stand point it has nothing to do with questionable ethics....working in the corporate world for 10+ years it is well known that most companies are told by their legal department never to admit or release any negative information about their products until they have no choice. It might not be ethical in the consumers eyes, but most companies do what their legal department says because that is why they pay them to advise them.

For example, I would guess that the companies that sales the home version of the radio frequency devices (that has been talked about on here and other boards) probably does not tell potential customers that other customers (some that have posted on this board) have complained about experiencing some major negative effects like sagging or increased wrinkling from the use of their products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
It has nothing to do with questionable ethics....working in the corporate world for 10+ years it is well known that most companies are told by their legal representatives never to admit or release any negative information about their products until they have no choice.

For example, I would guess that the company that sales the home version of the radio frequency device (that has been talked about on here) probably does not tell potential customers that other customers (some that have posted on this board) have experienced some major negative effects like sagging or increased wrinkling from the use of their product.

I've worked in Corporate America for 20+ years, including 2 of the largest brands in the world, so I know where you're coming from.

But Safetox is not US based, it's not a massive corporation, and it NEVER hurts to ask.

You very often get the best info from talking to the people in the day to day trenches...just like when the poor guy at PayPal told me that his own PayPal Plug-In account had been compromised twice when I called to report a security violation. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I don't see this at all, actually. But I am going to go change my batteries and do a treatment, and then I'll report back in.

So after placing the electrode over the middle of my eyebrow, I did see the corrugator muscle move up when I very first turned the unit on...but it did not move around much at all after that. Maybe that's because I do the cycles in the middle first and the muscles are more numb when I try the alternate methods? I can try the opposite way tomorrow and see if I see any different results.

BTW, did you get exact instructions on how to best use the unit for Botox retention?

I need to drag out my manual, but how long do you wait to resume treatment after getting the injections done?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BTW, did you get exact instructions on how to best use the unit for Botox retention?

I need to drag out my manual, but how long do you wait to resume treatment after getting the injections done?

I think the manual says to wait a couple of weeks after having Botox and then to use it maybe a couple of times a week (I forget the number). Anyway, of course, I took no notice of all of that and used it the next day after getting Botox Rolling Eyes This is plain stupid I know, but what can you do when you're addicted to electrical charges zapping through your body?

But I also wanted to try out the three point thing. I always to the 11s first - I'm going to moving the electrode further away from the 11s and see how that goes.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |