Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

However, I might hold off on ordering for a little bit...I had a very interesting email conversation with the manufacturer this week regarding EDS, and we will be continuing it next week. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, please do keep us posted. I so want this gadget Embarassed !

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
jiville wrote:
Currently I'm using the Lightstim, but would like to get the Safetox too.
Any suggestion how to incorporate the LightStim, Tanaka massage, Clarisonic face brush and Safetox in a daily face care regime ?

I hope you have lots of free time! Very Happy

I would recommend starting a new thread with those in the title and let people weigh in on the pros and cons of any recommended routines.

Sat May 15, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
jiville wrote:
Currently I'm using the Lightstim, but would like to get the Safetox too.
Any suggestion how to incorporate the LightStim, Tanaka massage, Clarisonic face brush and Safetox in a daily face care regime ?

I hope you have lots of free time! Very Happy

I would recommend starting a new thread with those in the title and let people weigh in on the pros and cons of any recommended routines.

Haha, you can imagine how busy I am !
It's actually pretty simple once you get it right. I do the Tanaka massage in the morning, this 11 steps massage takes less than 10 minutes. The lifting effect is amazing especially for N/L, since almost 7 steps are targeting at N/L and lower face. I like to look energised and fresh face at work.
In the evening, I used my reliable Clarisonic brush to take off my makeup in the shower. Soak a compressed paper mask in brewed green tea, then put it over my face and off to do some house work. Pull out my Lightstim while coaching my 8 year old son with his school work. The bright light can be quite disturbing at time, but it's worth while for the creamy complexion i get from using it.
And now I'm eying the Safetox after reading all the raves in this thread. I don't really have any wrinkles on my 45 year old face, but prevention is better than cure right Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Bumping up Very Happy . I was just curious if there were any new updates on the use of Safetox?
I am so hoping to find that magic bullet that will help me lift my brows and upper eye lids and completely get rid of NL lines and MLs.
Wishful thinking, I know, but still - I am searching Rolling Eyes . . .
So, anything new ladies?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
After using the Safetox for over an year very regularly I have had fabulous results with upper eye area, forehead lines, and 11s....for me the lines have almost completely disappeared. I have followed the three point plan but have not seen any lift with the lower face....but I am in my fifties so if one is starting earlier like Bethany I think there is great possibilities for lower face. I have to resort to facial exercises for lower face and they work extremely well for me. I also am finding that by using frownies after my night treatment on my forehead and the n/l area it takes things to a all new level. I used to use frownies before getting the Safetox a year ago and stopped because of the great improvement of Safetox....but when starting to use the frownies again it is an amazing difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
After using the Safetox for over an year very regularly I have had fabulous results with upper eye area, forehead lines, and 11s....for me the lines have almost completely disappeared.

Ooohh, that sounds so good!!! Toby, can you please let me know what kinds of improvements did you notice with your upper eye area - more firmness, more open eyes, etc?
Many thanks!!
R. Smile

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I bought mine from the link below because they had great feedback on amazon.

http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=17981

However, I might hold off on ordering for a little bit...I had a very interesting email conversation with the manufacturer this week regarding EDS, and we will be continuing it next week. I'll keep you posted!

Oh!!! I can't wait for the update! Thanks bethany! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I bought mine from the link below because they had great feedback on amazon.

http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=17981

Oh!!! I can't wait for the update! Thanks bethany! Very Happy

I haven't followed up with him yet, but will do so today.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
A few nights ago, I was doing the three points and I noticed something. I had the Safetox over one eyebrow. That eyebrow was a full 1/2 inch higher than the other one while it was on. Then, when the cycle finished, it stayed lifted. It did the same when I switched to the other eyebrow.

I didn't have it quite centered over my eyebrow. I had it positioned slightly towards the inner half of my eyebrow. I noticed that it was raising the inner half of my eyebrow but not the outer half. So, for the second cycle on that point, I moved it to the outer half of my eyebrow. Then, it lifted the outer half of my eyelid and brow just like it had the inner half. It smoothed out my crows feet in the process. Of course, they came back when the cycle was finished, but I wonder about the cumulative effect. Anyway, it makes me think that if we move it to cover our whole eyebrow instead of just one part, we can get a better overall lift. I'm experimenting and will let you know if I see a difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Tonia, please do let us know what you are noticing, as the eyebrow lift is exactly what I could use. I obviously still don't have the Safetox, but I am seriously considering buying it.
So, keep on testing and posting - PLEEEEEASEEE Pray Very Happy

katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 1:03 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Oh Tonia, please do let us know what you are noticing, as the eyebrow lift is exactly what I could use. I obviously still don't have the Safetox, but I am seriously considering buying it.
So, keep on testing and posting - PLEEEEEASEEE Pray Very Happy

Tonia I wish i could do this but I just can't get the pads to stick in these ostions. I cleanse i put the gel on I stick tape but they slide off all the time. Any hints?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 2:33 am      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Tonia I wish i could do this but I just can't get the pads to stick in these ostions. I cleanse i put the gel on I stick tape but they slide off all the time. Any hints?

Try letting the Tac Gel dry slightly before applying the patch.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I didn't have it quite centered over my eyebrow. I had it positioned slightly towards the inner half of my eyebrow. I noticed that it was raising the inner half of my eyebrow but not the outer half. So, for the second cycle on that point, I moved it to the outer half of my eyebrow. Then, it lifted the outer half of my eyelid and brow just like it had the inner half. It smoothed out my crows feet in the process. Of course, they came back when the cycle was finished, but I wonder about the cumulative effect. Anyway, it makes me think that if we move it to cover our whole eyebrow instead of just one part, we can get a better overall lift. I'm experimenting and will let you know if I see a difference.

Hi Tonia, I've tried moving it out nearer the outer corner and I don't get it to connect... the gadget just doesn't seem to have the form to adapt to that position... do you hold it while it is working? Or how do you manage for it to keep there?

Another question,once I'm finished with one center eyebrow point and go on to the next the previous one still seems to twitch, does that happen to you? The forehead muscle seems to twitch even after stopping the Safetox in that side?
TIA, A.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Another question,once I'm finished with one center eyebrow point and go on to the next the previous one still seems to twitch, does that happen to you? The forehead muscle seems to twitch even after stopping the Safetox in that side?
TIA, A.

AT,

It is common for people to still feel it twiching for even 20-30 mins after a treatment. Unfortunately, I'm at a point where I don't feel my scalp twitching afterwards any more and I miss it! (weird, I know Laughing )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

Hi Tonia, I've tried moving it out nearer the outer corner and I don't get it to connect... the gadget just doesn't seem to have the form to adapt to that position... do you hold it while it is working? Or how do you manage for it to keep there?

TIA, A.

I am maddened that I can't get this to work for me out to the side. Sometimes is does briefly but I end up covered in Tac Gel and looking like Cameron Diaz in something about Mary.
It must be to do with face or head shape I don't know but its very frustrating!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany for your reply, and Laughing for yours katebargold!!!
I can't get the gadget to stay on either when trying for it to stay near the end of my eyebrow, I can only get halfway through the eyebrow, nearly, and after that it is a no, no,... it just doesn't fit, nevertheless stick!!!
By the way, many thanks Bethany for informing about the batteries... I notice a great difference when I change them once a week! Odd how this wee thing seems to suck the potency off the batteries so fast!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
By the way, many thanks Bethany for informing about the batteries... I notice a great difference when I change them once a week! Odd how this wee thing seems to suck the potency off the batteries so fast!

I'm trying to live with mine for 2 weeks now, but it's not easy...I miss the jolt of fresh batteries! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, A little while ago you said to hold off on purchasing the Safetox. Do you have anymore information regarding this? Thank you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany, A little while ago you said to hold off on purchasing the Safetox. Do you have anymore information regarding this? Thank you.

Not yet, but I should hear back Monday or Tuesday.

5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I have used Safetox since Dec 2009 and reasonably satisfied. My Botox has worn off and my 11s have not come back.

This posting will give electrode mfrs heartburn. I get up to 6 weeks with each electrode.

There are 2 kinds of electrode gel. Sticky & non sticky. Sticky brands are Tac Gel or Tensile Gel.

Sticky gel is like contact cement. You dont put it on the pad and stick it in your head. As per the instructions, let the coating dry for 1-2 mins before puting it on.

I like to use rubbing alcohol to clean my fingertips and target skin, before handling the electrode. And I only grab it at the top left corner.

I put a very thin coat of non sticky gel on the target skin. Let it dry for 30 seconds. Then attach electrode and zap away.

The Tac gel I use every 4 days or so to rejuvenate the electrode.

Around the 4 week mark. I wash the electrode in a bowl of distilled water. Then let dry overnight... then Tac gel it.

I cut out the electrode backing and and store my electrode on it. Then wrap in saran wrap or similar.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
MaxDamian - these are awesome tips. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

MaxDamian wrote:

This posting will give electrode mfrs heartburn. I get up to 6 weeks with each electrode.

If I can get that same length of time, I WON'T have heartburn!!

Quote:

I put a very thin coat of non sticky gel on the target skin. Let it dry for 30 seconds. Then attach electrode and zap away.

I have done it both ways, but usually only put the gel on the electrode. I will use your method more often, now. This does sound like the better approach.

Quote:
The Tac gel I use every 4 days or so to rejuvenate the electrode.

Around the 4 week mark. I wash the electrode in a bowl of distilled water. Then let dry overnight... then Tac gel it.

More great tips. I would never have thought about washing the electrode itself. How much gel do you apply to the electrode to rejuvenate it at the 4 day mark and again after you wash it? A very thin layer or a bit thicker?

Quote:
I cut out the electrode backing and and store my electrode on it. Then wrap in saran wrap or similar.

I don't understand what you are doing here or why. Can you elaborate?

5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Electrode maintenance sounds like a lot of time, but most of the procedures don't take much time. Just seems a lot when you read it.

But worth it when you save money on electrodes, they stick nice, and they conduct well. I never put Tac gel directly on the target skin.

Another important point is to maintain the voltage. And I'll post about that soon, maybe today as it is a holiday.

Back to maintenance. Sometimes if I feel that my electrode is getting a bit dry, I coat with non sticky gel and wrap/store it. You have to find your balance, a more intimate relationship with your electrode.

When I travel, I just grab my case and go. I my Safetox case in the center cavity, I keep cotton pads and a old eye dropper filled with rubbing alcohol.

Plus in the cavity, I have filled (used/cleaned) 2 small vacuum pump dispensers; one with each type of gel.

Mornings I do 2 X 5 mins... but this is while I am shaving my face, brushing my teeth. Evenings 2 X 5 min procedures, around brushing my teeth, and face wash/nite prep.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I don't wash the electrode at the 4 day mark. I do so at the 4 WEEK mark. And this gets an extra 2 weeks of service. I toss it at about the 6 week mark.

I let it dry overnight. How much re-coating of gel? Maybe one mm.

Next time I wnat to try coating it with non sticky first. So the electrolytes get absorbed in to the substrate. Let it dry and then coat it with sticky.

MaxDamian
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
About electrode storage. the electrodes for Safetox come in a strip of 4 units. The electrodes are stuck onto a thick plastic backing.

I cut one new electrode away with the backing. This way I leave the other three new units in the original ziploc. So that they don't degenerate with air etc.

I don't store my active unit with three new electrodes. I wrap it in kitchen plastic wrap.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
There are 2 kinds of electrode gel. Sticky & non sticky. Sticky brands are Tac Gel or Tensile Gel.

Max, thanks for the awesome tips!

What brand of NON sticky gel do you use?

Also, have you tried the 3 point treatment yet?

Thanks!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |