Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I use TAC GEL. I've never used Tensile gel, so I cannot say which is better. But I bought 4 tubes online so they will last me a loooong time.

In the beginning I was trying to rejuvenate the electrode with non sticky gel. But that weakened within a week or two. So by prepping with alcohol I reduce any skin grease from getting onto the electrode.

Another point about electrodes if that if they are sticking well, and you are not getting the zap you want. Don't throw them out.Then it is probably batteries & voltage.

Voltage management is also a trick I have learnt. I get one month out of my batteries and I don't use "rechargeables". Tell ya later.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe, You posted a little while ago that the Safetox helped lift the pouches on the sides of your mouth. Is it still helping with this? That sounds so great.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CookingKaty,

Just replying from the Tanaka thread.
It isn't really the Safetox's fault I'm not using it, it's more that I haven't had time to sit on the computer. It's only when I sit here that I wear it.
Mélusine
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
On the battery side, I just want to say that I have moved to Sanyo enoloop. I use my safetox 45 minutes (Level3) morning and evening and then recharge the batteries during the night. Works perfectly. I have always a very good power Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ATester! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, I have not been on EDS in a few days.

Yes, I hold it on. Lately, I've been doing the Safetox while watching TV. I'm just holding it while it's on that spot.

ATester wrote:
Tonia wrote:
I didn't have it quite centered over my eyebrow. I had it positioned slightly towards the inner half of my eyebrow. I noticed that it was raising the inner half of my eyebrow but not the outer half. So, for the second cycle on that point, I moved it to the outer half of my eyebrow. Then, it lifted the outer half of my eyelid and brow just like it had the inner half. It smoothed out my crows feet in the process. Of course, they came back when the cycle was finished, but I wonder about the cumulative effect. Anyway, it makes me think that if we move it to cover our whole eyebrow instead of just one part, we can get a better overall lift. I'm experimenting and will let you know if I see a difference.

Hi Tonia, I've tried moving it out nearer the outer corner and I don't get it to connect... the gadget just doesn't seem to have the form to adapt to that position... do you hold it while it is working? Or how do you manage for it to keep there?

Another question,once I'm finished with one center eyebrow point and go on to the next the previous one still seems to twitch, does that happen to you? The forehead muscle seems to twitch even after stopping the Safetox in that side?
TIA, A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Foxe, You posted a little while ago that the Safetox helped lift the pouches on the sides of your mouth. Is it still helping with this? That sounds so great.

It did help a bit, but I haven't actually paid much attention to it lately. I only do a one pt treatment w/ the Safetox and on busy weekend nights, don't do a treatment at all. So, as inconsistent I've been - those pouches could look better. They really don't look all that bad, considering how much attention I've paid to them. With more attention, they should get better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Hi, ATester! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, I have not been on EDS in a few days.

Yes, I hold it on. Lately, I've been doing the Safetox while watching TV. I'm just holding it while it's on that spot.

ATester wrote:
Tonia wrote:
I didn't have it quite centered over my eyebrow. I had it positioned slightly towards the inner half of my eyebrow. I noticed that it was raising the inner half of my eyebrow but not the outer half. So, for the second cycle on that point, I moved it to the outer half of my eyebrow. Then, it lifted the outer half of my eyelid and brow just like it had the inner half. It smoothed out my crows feet in the process. Of course, they came back when the cycle was finished, but I wonder about the cumulative effect. Anyway, it makes me think that if we move it to cover our whole eyebrow instead of just one part, we can get a better overall lift. I'm experimenting and will let you know if I see a difference.

Hi Tonia, I've tried moving it out nearer the outer corner and I don't get it to connect... the gadget just doesn't seem to have the form to adapt to that position... do you hold it while it is working? Or how do you manage for it to keep there?

Another question,once I'm finished with one center eyebrow point and go on to the next the previous one still seems to twitch, does that happen to you? The forehead muscle seems to twitch even after stopping the Safetox in that side?
TIA, A.

I always use the Facetox while watching TV Smile , I'll try it out holding it in place then!! Yet I still think I'll find it difficult, I think I may brake the gadget, but anyhow I'll try!! Obviously I'll try, but if I feel it may brake the Safetox... no..no..
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I wear the same hat size as my 1st grade son. I have a small head, so I can turn the gadget all different ways without putting too much pressure on it. So, be careful. Don't break the gadget because of something I said.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Can Safetox be bought in the U.S.A. ? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Can Safetox be bought in the U.S.A. ? Smile

Nope Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls, it is taking me for ages to read through the whole post.
I am a botox user; I had my last treatment in January and my wrinkles on my forehead have not returned at all, but I might need botox around my eyes and I think this is the gadget for me!

Can someone tell me where can I buy it if I am in Canada? best deals?

TIA!
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I still love my Safetox, it is sooo relaxing. I find that it can stop a migraine headache, If I use it early enough it . It also helps reduce sinus pressure. It is also improving my face, but I would use if even if it didn't.

I have not purchased Tac gel yet, but I have been using Aloe Vera gel to keep my electrodes sticky. Putting a thin layer on my face and also on the pads seems to increase conductivity and stickiness. Has anyone tried using the Tac Gel on your face and electrodes and see if that helps keep it in place?
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I have not heard of the three point until you asked me last week. It's a good idea but alas my head size and shape puts the unit at risk for breakage. I'm thinking of a way to connect it to 2 additional electrodes at the same time. So Can zap three points at the same time.

Now here is my talk about AAA batteries and voltages. Carbon batteries usually start out at 1.5v and then weaken. Good quality alkalines at 1.6 - 1.65v. Lithium (not Ion) batteries at 1.8v. Lithiums are the longest lasting disposables.

Safetox reccomends alkaline batteries.

Rechargeables AAA which are NiCd or NiMH based start at 1.2v. Lithium-Ion start out at 3.7v. Sanyo enoloop drops to 1.0v from 1.2v very quickly but stays there for a very long time. Semi rechargeables like Pure Energy (stabilized alkalines) start at 1.6v. Some newer mystery rechageables made by Duracell and others can be "pushed" to start at 1.6v.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
PLEASE NOTE AN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER'S GUIDELINES puts you and your safetox unit at risk.

Which battery type to use? Safetox reccomends alkaline batteries.Safetox's electrical output is unregulated like a flashlite. So the weaker the battery the "dimmer" the output, and converse is true.

Which battery to use? It depends if your face (respectfully) is built like Nicole Kidman or Maggie Thatcher. Delicate structures like NK can use Sanyo enoloop just fine. MT may need alkalines or higher to see benefits.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I have used Lithium batteries in Safetox since Dec 2009 without any trouble. I dont know the longterm effect on the Safetox unit. But being male, I feel I need the higher voltage.

Here is the risky part, but it works for me. Lithium batteries are "disposable" but very stable. But I use a duracell dynacharge recharger that does not stop at 1.2v and allows me to charge it to what I want. And I use a $20 digital voltmeter (auto parts store) and timing to recharge my Lithium batteries up to 1.95v... no problems. I sometimes have to start with setting #2 when the voltage is initially high.

I'd like to get some Lithium ion "rechargeables" and use the same voltages. Ions are extremely stable, no memory effects and last for years.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
I have used Lithium batteries in Safetox since Dec 2009 without any trouble. I dont know the longterm effect on the Safetox unit. But being male, I feel I need the higher voltage.

Here is the risky part, but it works for me. Lithium batteries are "disposable" but very stable. But I use a duracell dynacharge recharger that does not stop at 1.2v and allows me to charge it to what I want. And I use a $20 digital voltmeter (auto parts store) and timing to recharge my Lithium batteries up to 1.95v... no problems. I sometimes have to start with setting #2 when the voltage is initially high.

I'd like to get some Lithium ion "rechargeables" and use the same voltages. Ions are extremely stable, no memory effects and last for years.

Well, you certainly get my vote for "Most Resourceful!" Very Happy

And I was thinking about your recommendation to wash the electrodes...it makes total sense to remove the water soluble built up gook, and start fresh. Love it!

5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Safetox & Collagen. I don't believe that Safetox will generate much collagen, fat or the Holy Grail "ELASTIN".

Microcurrent therapy uses 20 to 500 micro amps, depending on the type of tissue yielding 500% faster recovery.

Safetox has a maximum of 25 mA (milli amps). Havent measured but minimum might be 5 mA. Suitable for muscle toning.

To convert milli-Ampere into micro-Ampere use relation, 1 milli-Amps = 1000 uAmps.

Safe tox would have to generate 0.02 - 0.5 mA to be effective for tissue reneration.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun May 30, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Gee thanks Bethany. I was expecting to be voted off Very Happy. I've been lurking for a year and benefited. So I really want to give back and contribute to the group.

Entropy is inevitable so I accept that. Main driver is health as skin is the last physical barrier to disease & carcinogens. Once skin thins out & wrinkles the rest will follow. And the converse is true, interior health is often expressed in skin.

As a straight male esthetically pleasing biometrics are conducive in all matters of passion, personal and business relationships and communication.

I just wanted to add, that for microcurrent to stimulate collagen. Those specialized devices generate very small tingle or no feeling at all.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian, I love your signature. Laughing Laughing Laughing I laughed out loud and read it to my hubby. We both got a laugh out of it.

Oh, wouldn't it be great if we could get all three points at one time? Boy that would save us a lot of time. There was mention of a new model coming out. Maybe it will hit all three. We can only hope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
As a straight male esthetically pleasing biometrics are conducive in all matters of passion, personal and business relationships and communication.

Well, that explains my husbands problems!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify - considering that Maggie and I have allot in common (including dementia) are Lithium Ion Rechargeables the way to go?

5% products discount

Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu. Lithium batteries (disposable) are not to be confused with Lithium Ion (Li-ion) batteries. Li-on are rechargeable and same technology as current cellphone batteries.

Li-ion AAAs if you can find them are made for special gear and hobbyists. At full charge they put out 3.7v each. They are good for 300 recharges or more.

Safetox unit may not be able to handle 2 Li-ions X 3.7v = 7.4v. If it does, 7.4v could freeze your face, snap your dentures, pop your lashes, and curl your hair at the same time.

Mfr recommends 2 X 1.5v = 3.0v. So you will need to time the charging period, then check the voltage. So there is an opportunity to save money, be Eco-friendly, and get the suitable buzz for heavier muscled faces.

I haven't stepped up to Li-ions yet. You could experiment with the reg Lithium AAA batts first. They start out at 1.8v and I have no problem with them. Any electronics or camera store will have them.

EyesWithoutaface
5% products discount

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I just use the Grandcell alkaline rechargeable AAAs. They give me 1.5v reliably and are very cheap with a charger. Check ebay.

I wouldn't mind trying the higher voltage though I wonder how much is safe in the safetox?
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have a cunning plan. A way to connect 3 safetox electrodes together and run them at the same time.

All three electrodes are to be placed on the forehead, with the middle electrode in the definitive safetox position. The safetox will be clamped on as usual, and operated in the typical manner. 2 Wire pairs will go out from the center electrode to the left and the right.

Assume a yogic position. Now look at the golden arches of McDonald's. Now cross your eyes a little. Now you are seeing double golden arches, or 2 "M's semi overlapping. So there are 3 places (ok 6) that are touching the "ground". The middle of the M will be the middle electrode and end of the left & right "legs" of the M will be the right and left electrode.

There are 2 wires going to the left electrode and two wires going to the right electrode. I plan to use 24 gauge insulated wire. And attach them to the metal strips of each electrode. The magic material I am going to use is SILVER OXIDE EPOXY. This is an 2 part epoxy that amazingly can conduct electricity very well. I have the epoxy and wires and hope to "glue the wire to the electrode.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

MaxDamian
5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kind of like one car jumpstarting 2 others at the same time. Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |