Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy, thank you so much for detailing the Safetox contact point for address & email, you have saved me much time. Very many thanks.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Kandy, thank you so much for detailing the Safetox contact point for address & email, you have saved me much time. Very many thanks.

Katy,

Kevin is the guy that gets the emails...he is SUPER nice.

Be sure to mention that you post on EDS since he is very familiar with us!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany and Kandy! I emailed Kevin last night and had a response this morning. On a weekend! Very impressed so far (and I am not easily impressed). I'll let you all know how it goes.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
no thanks Smile

I was about to use my rechargeable batteries for my safetox but read somewhere on the thread that you aren't supposed to use rechargeable batteries in the safetox, is that true?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
no thanks Smile

I was about to use my rechargeable batteries for my safetox but read somewhere on the thread that you aren't supposed to use rechargeable batteries in the safetox, is that true?

I have heard no per Safetox, but some people do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 am      Reply with quote
so it's not going to ruin the device or anything?
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes we have lift off!!!
I have been using the MaxTox for 2 weeks and yes there is some natural lift. When my face is at rest there is a slight extension in the eyebrow to pupil distance. I know because now my right eyebrow is a little higher than my left. So now continue my sessions with the right electrode unattached to get symmetry.

I did notice that when I used one electrode that there was more pull on the right side... just how I am wired I guess. I used to move the single et to a left a bit. I am happy using all three ets and I do get a nice tingle over my forehead and 3 inches into my normal hairline/scalp. Cant say that I feel anything at the back of my head.

Bethany, your jawline tightening, can you be sure it was the safetox and not some other device or combination. Diet for the bikini season? You were certainly correct about the lift from the three point use.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
Bethany, your jawline tightening, can you be sure it was the safetox and not some other device or combination. Diet for the bikini season? You were certainly correct about the lift from the three point use.

I am 100% certain it was due just to the Safetox 3 Point treatment...I was doing nothing else new or different, and saw improvement within 2 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
I have been using the MaxTox for 2 weeks and yes there is some natural lift.

And I loved the name!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Max, since you are so handy with the solder and have figured out the habits of electrons, volts, amps, and other supercharged mysteries, do you understand why no one has produced a mass market knockoff of the SafeTox? It doesn't seem as though it would be that hard to do (not that I am going to be the first to volunteer to figure it out) and seems as though you could build your own from basic hobby shop materials for a whole lot less than $300+.

I would encase the workings in a fabric rather than a plastic casing to make the device more easily adjustable. And of course, build in the option to attach multiple electrodes.

What do you think? The MaxTox. Today a prototype. Tomorrow a market leader.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa, Sorry to hear about your wounded device. The product has to be light weight, therefore the plastic, then make that as light as possible, therefore the thin and flimsy bits.

Your idea of a fabric headband is brilliant. I can see you now walking on deck with headband and matching ankle warmers. Seriously it is a good idea. Just has to work with sticky electrodes, which makes the best contact.

In this day and age there are other materials that are stronger and more lightweight like carbon fibre. And about my knowledge of electrics (thank you), it's all grade 12 science. Important thing is, can you all understand it the way I explain?

Women (and me) deserve better. I think that there is wide open opportunity to develop "real products" with more value for $. If anyone is co inspired then feel free to pm me.

There are some amazing beauty and Spa trade shows I'd like to go to in Japan, Korea, China & Europe.Just so you guys know I have zero contact or involvement in the beaut cosmetic or wellness industry.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
pineapple
5% products discount

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this but have been reading up on your forum (wow there's a lot of info!). I hope I'm not repeating anyone, but I'd like to know how long you have all been using Safetox and if there have been any downsides? The reason I ask is the information I have from the company doesn't match the website info. When I contacted them they told me studies involved 362 women using for 1,6,12 or 24 weeks depending on the test. A supplier requested details of the clinical studies and emailed them to me. One involved 15 women using it 3 times, and another of 12 men and women using it 18 times. No mention of larger studies or dermatologists and hospitals. If anyone here can cast any light on this I'd appreciate it. It sounds really good but I like to know what I'd be getting in to!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pineapple, Welcome!!
I'm not sure what you're referring to:
Quote:
One involved 15 women using it 3 times, and another of 12 men and women using it 18 times.

Using it 3 times a day? and the other using it 18 times a day? Confused Or is it trying it out only 3 times/days vs. 18 times/days?

I'm a pleased user, and use it twice a day, sometimes only once (if I haven't the time), yet I use the three point system... and the results are good, wider eyes, lower face looking better, the actual brow is looking better, I have no eleven's though, yet the two horizontal lines seem to vary from day to day -sometimes non-existent and sometimes they appear (it seems to depend on the days of how really perplexed I am at life's up and downs! I tend more to horizontal lines rather than the vertical "worries" anyhow)

The only drawback I seem to find is that it just "sucks" the life out of the batteries and I have to replace them every week to feel it doing the job. No other drawbacks, no side effects in a negative sense at all.

By the way MaxDamian, what is the name of the epoxy you've used for the MaxTox?? Laughing I think a MaxTox already made would be marvellous!! Just to see if by the name, of the epoxy, I may find something similar where I live to be able to assemble my own MaxTox! TIA.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Pineapple, didn't mention I've been using it on a regular basis for the last two/three months... using it before but not on a regular basis, started and saw it helped with my headaches, so ended up using it when I had a headache -which was more important then for me.
Personally, now that I've started using it every day for aesthetic aspects I've had no downsides whatsoever, only positive results.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to let you all know that my replacement device arrived today...it looks a lot like the one that broke (the crack quickly became a full-blown split) so I am hoping it is at least a little bit sturdier. Customer service, though, is the best!

Max, I need to pm you. I skipped 12th grade physics in favor of AP chemistry (physics teacher was a joke) but I am always looking for new business ideas. I suspect that this market is going to continue to expand, and in any case, checking out those beauty trade shows would be a major life experience.
pineapple
5% products discount

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply Atester. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I was told the clinical test was used by the women for three times only, that's once a day for three days. Don't see how they can call that a trial. The other was for 18 days used once a day. It seems to me that the people here do more to trial these devices than the companies Smile
I'm trying to decide between this and the Slendertone Face. I read that one cancels out the other. Brain currently on over-drive Shock So feedback from anyone who has actually used one for a decent length of time is really helpful and appreciated.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:50 am      Reply with quote
If you read through the whole thread I think you'll see that those of us who bought the device early on are still using it and are happy with it.

I have both the Safetox and Slendertone Face. They actually work on different principles. The Safetox numbs the muscles whereas the SF exercises them using microcurrent. I'm not totally convinced that microcurrent gadgets are of much value when it comes to lifting sagging skin (but that's just me). It is a very convenient device to use though.

If I had to pick one over the other, I'd probably pick the Safetox because I really like the way it feels and it's wonderful to use when I have a headache. I definitely think it helps eradicate forehead wrinkles - but I still get Botox as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pineapple - where did you read this:

I'm trying to decide between this and the Slendertone Face. I read that one cancels out the other.

I am hoping to get a SF when/if I unload my Tria on ebay, and I already have the Safetox - so now I'm a bit concerned!

Thanks
KL
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I am a Safetox user here for over a year and very pleased that it has been successful on my 11s, forehead wrinkles, and opening up my eyes and the middle of the upper face. I agree with Keliu that for the lower face sag devices aren't the answer.I have found however facial exercises(flexeffect third edition)have really lifted and plumped up the lower face. Wink I don't think I have seen anyone here that wasn't happy with the Safetox....that is impressive on this forum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Safetox -- it is my desert island device.

As for usage, I got a booklet with this new unit (didn't with the old one). Maybe some of you have seen it? It recommends a series of treatments, starting with one session/day on a low level building up to two sessions/day on level 3. Seems to me that any legitimate study of its efficacy should follow the recommended protocols. A three-day trial doesn't sound reasonable at all.

The booklet also varies the treatment according to age. Under 35, 21-28 days should suffice. Ages 35-45 takes 60 days, ages 45-55 90 days, and 55-death requires at least six months.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I love the Safetox -- it is my desert island device.

As for usage, I got a booklet with this new unit (didn't with the old one). Maybe some of you have seen it? It recommends a series of treatments, starting with one session/day on a low level building up to two sessions/day on level 3. Seems to me that any legitimate study of its efficacy should follow the recommended protocols. A three-day trial doesn't sound reasonable at all.

The booklet also varies the treatment according to age. Under 35, 21-28 days should suffice. Ages 35-45 takes 60 days, ages 45-55 90 days, and 55-death requires at least six months.

When I got my last year I got the booklet with it....can't imagine that it didn't come with your first one. That booklet helped me set my pace and their recommendations worked for me. The thing I like about the Safetox is the maintenance mode really works....I don't have to be tied into this device....the effects stay! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa, I got the booklet in Italian, Rolling Eyes , thankfully I can more or less understand it Very Happy , I do like this gadget very much, but I still have to buy new batteries practically every week! It is amazing how much power it seems to absorb!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I don't think I have seen anyone here that wasn't happy with the Safetox....that is impressive on this forum.

I think you're right about that, and that certainly can't be said for most gadgets that we've all tried! Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - thanks for your comparison between Safetox and Slendertone.

KL - I didn't mean to concern you! I've been searching for info anywhere I could find it on the internet, but if my memory serves me right it was mentioned by someone on here that she thought the two might contradict each other. I can't remember where on the post it was and don't have time to look now. So sorry Sad . On the bright side Keliu has both so I guess it's ok Very Happy

Toby - I've been reading bits about facial exercises. Some (most?) people seem to love them then there are a few who say it caused lines etc. I had a very little go and could see what they meant. It also re-triggered a muscle I didn't want to be. I have used the Cleo and had muscle built up chin to mouth that I definitely didn't want; and the Tua Viso where only one side of my face responded (I am ambidextrous) so I gave up on it and the side that responded drooped and was less responsive afterwards Crying or Very sad

Hermosa - I don't know how you all do that thing to copy bits of posts into your post, but your " 55 to death requires at least 6 months" made me smile.

Big thank you to everyone!
Kiley
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm late to the party but I read every word of this thread, and ordered a Safetox yesterday. Soo excited to get it. The prospect of diminishing my forehead wrinkles and possibly maybe getting some improvements in my lower jawline thrills me no end!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |