Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! I ordered the 70% glycolic acid from Cellbone and they said it has shipped. Once it arrives, I'm going to test it out by painting some 30% with a tiny paintbrush on a tiny SK on my leg first. I'll keep ya'll posted on how things work out... < crossing fingers >
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Great! I hope that it works for you as well as it did for me! Smile
jkg

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
If this is a repeat I apologize - this website can be a bit funky.

Anyway got my 35% H202 and applied on tops of feet and front and back of calves with a spray bottle last night. SK instantly frooze and my skin turned pint. I have a high tolerance for pain but this really did sting so I fanned my legs with a magazine. I left it on overnight and today my legs are a bit sensitive and I did put lotion on them this morning. So we will see how well my SK responds to this treatment - hopefully it will work.

Will post again when I see results.!!
RK

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sheidinice wrote:
Shock Laughing Shock Well I'm up for the challenge of Guinea Pig. Will definitely report back on how I get on once I start
Fingers crossed

I am new to this site, and new in having sk.How did this work out for you? I am going to purchase the peroxide and try this also. There seems to be quick growth on my torso sides.I hope this worked out for you.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
About a week ago I noticed a small spot on my thigh. I treated it with 35% hydrogen peroxide. It got raised and the surface turned rough. One or two days later I treated it again, and then once more next day. At this point I could feel that I could peel it off which I did. And now I have a small red spot that on its place, no SK there, and waiting on it to heal.
RK

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
About a week ago I noticed a small spot on my thigh. I treated it with 35% hydrogen peroxide. It got raised and the surface turned rough. One or two days later I treated it again, and then once more next day. At this point I could feel that I could peel it off which I did. And now I have a small red spot that on its place, no SK there, and waiting on it to heal.

Wow! That is awesome ! Do you apply something on it during the healing process?
Did you prefer for you the acid or the peroxide? or both? Thank you
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
RK - I did not apply anything for healing, although it might be a good idea. I do not have strong preference for glycolic acid or H2O2, but for now I am treating isolated SK with H2O2.

Also want to note that initially I used unbuffered glycolic acid, and do not know if buffered vs unbuffered makes a difference.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I have some of these uglies on my back. YUK! Would love to eliminate them before New Years. I have a big party to attend with in-laws. Wink Do I understand you saying that 35% H2O2 is as effective as glycolic acid? I was getting ready to order some g.a. online, but maybe I should get the other. Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Mars - I would say that H2O2 is at least as effective as 30%-35% unbuffered glycolic acid.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,mpstat. Wow! Thank you so much. I'll give it a go. Smile

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
RK - I did not apply anything for healing, although it might be a good idea. I do not have strong preference for glycolic acid or H2O2, but for now I am treating isolated SK with H2O2.

Also want to note that initially I used unbuffered glycolic acid, and do not know if buffered vs unbuffered makes a difference.

Thank you so much for your help. I purchased H202 today at a local health food store and will try it tonight. I am so glad that I ran across this website Very Happy Very Happy It really is valuable!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mpstat (or any of you other well informed forum members),

I don't know if you've covered this before in your thread - but do you know *why* the SK freezes or bubbles when the topical is applied - and the other healthy skin isn't affected?

Just really curious about this...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
taobunny - this is what I found on why Hydrogen Peroxide foams when touches damaged cells, and does not foam on healthy skin:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question115.htm
The reason why it foams is because blood and cells contain an enzyme called catalase. Since a cut or scrape contains both blood and damaged cells, there is lots of catalase floating around.

When the catalase comes in contact with hydrogen peroxide, it turns the hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into water (H2O) and oxygen gas (O2).
2H2O2 --> 2H2O + O2

Catalase does this extremely efficiently -- up to 200,000 reactions per second. The bubbles you see in the foam are pure oxygen bubbles being created by the catalase. Try putting a little hydrogen peroxide on a cut potato and it will do the same thing for the same reason -- catalase in the damaged potato cells reacts with the hydrogen peroxide.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks Mpstat - that makes sense... Thanks for taking the time to answer what was probably a pretty stoopid question... Wink

Anyway - got my glycolic acid in the mail - yipppeee! (But, I have a dermatologist appt tomorrow - so think I will put off my SK experiment until *afterwards*... I don't want to have to try to explain to my doctor what the heck I'm doing putting acid on my face! Very Happy)
RK

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
anyone please help! I have put about 4 or 5 applicaitons of the h.peroxide on the s.k. .thus far. I have applied manually with a q-tip and also with a spray bottle. the s.k. seems dried out but still there. how many applications does it usally take or does it depend upon skin type etc? I know this is not written in stone but any one out there with some testimonies of this on their experience with s.k? thanks very much
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
RK - I went back to abstract on treating SK with hydrogen peroxide.

In case studies they said multiple treatments might be required, also H2O2 strength might vary. In the results summary they say that by day 90 of study pretty much all treatment was over. The impression I got that most cases are treatable with 35% H2O2, and the overall treatment did not exceed 4-5 weeks, and even shorter.... but they might omitted cases with longer duration in case studies description?...

Examples from the article
The article contains several examples which are different from case studies. In examples they suggest to treat different types of SK with different solution strengths. Below is a brief summary:

Example 1 - Acanthotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 50% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed. SK should spontaneously detach 3 to 6 days after procedure.

Example 2 - Hyperkeratotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 45% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed to achive complete penetration. Crust formed after one day, separate after three days. Re-treat two days after crust separation until satisfactory elimination of lesions is achieved.

Example 3 - Dermatolipoma Seborrheic Keratosis - 35% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply to achieve through lesion blanching. Retreat remaining SK five days post initial treatment.

Example 4 - Verrucous Seborrheic Keratosis - 38% hydrogen peroxide, two layers. Retreat any remaining SK at five days intervals.

There are more examples, but I think the ones above give a good sample. Also in the article they metion that H2O2 concentration could be between 23% and 80%, e.g. 23, 24, 27, 30, 35, 40, 43, 48, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
RK - we might be in trial stages, and hopefully we will get more experiences and feedback on what to expect and what is the best way to proceed.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to layer 35% H2O2 in one application. Treat SK with H2O2, wait a little while so it stops bubbling, apply another layer of H2O2. Layers to be applied just several minuets apart. You can repeat the procedure in the next day or two.

I have not seen where we can buy H2O2 with higher concentration then 35%, maybe layering will compensate for higher concentrations.

The fact that your SK got dry tells that it is responding, but might take more time and applications. And in article examples SK detachment often takes place not right away after the treatment, but several days - three/four weeks after the start of the treatments. For me it was much sooner, but I had a mild case.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mpstat -

Just wanted to report that I finally tried the 35% glycolic acid on the small SK on my face. (I took three drops of 70% and added 3 drops of water - mixed well with a little tiny brush and then dabbed on.)

Boy - did it sting! (Much more than the one I tried on my leg. That one scabbed up - and then kind of peeled off a week later - when the scab came off!)

The one on my face got really white (actually, a small area - even where I didn't add the glycolic) - and then got a tiny clear "bubble blister"). I ended up washing off the glycolic before I went to bed - because I got scared that I was too aggressive. (That, and it kept stinging! Which drove me crazy!) This morning - the blister is gone - but now the SK looks even darker!

So, I'm thinking that I'll wait a couple of days to see what happens - and then try the treatment again. What do you think?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
taobunny - since you had a strong response it might be a good idea to wait and see. Was SK on your face thick and tough? or it was just in the beginning stages?

Can you please tell more about your leg treatment? Were you able to remove SK from your leg?
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
taobunny - since you had a strong response it might be a good idea to wait and see. Was SK on your face thick and tough? or it was just in the beginning stages?

Can you please tell more about your leg treatment? Were you able to remove SK from your leg?

Hi Mpstat,

The SK on my face is tiny - about 1/2 the size of this blue dot --> hmm (I have more SKs - but this is the one I'm trying out first - as it's right on the top of my cheekbone and is really dark and obvious)

The one on my leg was about the same size. They are/were dark brown (almost black) and were very slightly raised. They kind of look like the small dark ones in this picture:
http://www.skinland.com/intra/clinic/685_l.jpg

The one on my face has been there for years, I think - but the leg one was fairly new. They just seem to *pop* up one day out of nowhere! (Very annoying!)

Anyway - the one on my leg got all irritated by the glycolic acid and scabbed up. (I used the 35% glycolic acid solution and painted in on with a tiny brush, like you recommended.) Afterwards, I pretty much left it alone - but when it got really itchy about a week later, I rubbed it - and the scab came off - taking the SK with it. Now, I just have a little hyperpigmentation on that spot (very slight) - but I usually get that from any sort of skin injury.

Hopefully, that's the info you need?
RK

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
RK - I went back to abstract on treating SK with hydrogen peroxide.

In case studies they said multiple treatments might be required, also H2O2 strength might vary. In the results summary they say that by day 90 of study pretty much all treatment was over. The impression I got that most cases are treatable with 35% H2O2, and the overall treatment did not exceed 4-5 weeks, and even shorter.... but they might omitted cases with longer duration in case studies description?...

Examples from the article
The article contains several examples which are different from case studies. In examples they suggest to treat different types of SK with different solution strengths. Below is a brief summary:

Example 1 - Acanthotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 50% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed. SK should spontaneously detach 3 to 6 days after procedure.

Example 2 - Hyperkeratotic Seborrheic Keratosis - 45% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply if needed to achive complete penetration. Crust formed after one day, separate after three days. Re-treat two days after crust separation until satisfactory elimination of lesions is achieved.

Example 3 - Dermatolipoma Seborrheic Keratosis - 35% hydrogen peroxide, re-apply to achieve through lesion blanching. Retreat remaining SK five days post initial treatment.

Example 4 - Verrucous Seborrheic Keratosis - 38% hydrogen peroxide, two layers. Retreat any remaining SK at five days intervals.

There are more examples, but I think the ones above give a good sample. Also in the article they metion that H2O2 concentration could be between 23% and 80%, e.g. 23, 24, 27, 30, 35, 40, 43, 48, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80.

thank you for the information! I did not realize all the different types of SK! I will look them up. It is great to know that your SK is off, this is a terrible thing on the skin but hope is surely on the way with all the stuff to take this off! Thanks again!!!
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in this post! I have some small growths/ mole looking things on my upper arms and would love to try out this method to get rid of them. The spots are raised, browinsh/ pink in color - warty surface and not like normal other moles or freckles I have.

But how do you know if you have a spot that is Seborrheic Keratosis?

Would it be okay/ safe to do the at home treatment as you outlined without having a doctor's diagnosis first?

If what I have truly are just weird looking moles, then can I still do this procedure to get rid of them (safely)?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
... Anyway - the one on my leg got all irritated by the glycolic acid and scabbed up. (I used the 35% glycolic acid solution and painted in on with a tiny brush, like you recommended.) Afterwards, I pretty much left it alone - but when it got really itchy about a week later, I rubbed it - and the scab came off - taking the SK with it. Now, I just have a little hyperpigmentation on that spot (very slight) - but I usually get that from any sort of skin injury....

It is great that you were able to get rid of SK on your leg!! Very Happy For me it took shorter for the scabs to fall off. As for hyperpigmantation, it was longer time to get even skin tone, since I treated it with hydroquinone for a while, but eventually I got nice skin tone. You can try to do the same if you want to remove hyperpigmantation.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Older & tougher SK might require longer treatment time and more applications. Hopefully everybody will be able to remove those nasty things, it is just a matter of time, and all will be able to show beautiful skin!!

EZUltrasound - I was diagnosed with SK at derm office. Based on your description, the things you have sound like SK, but you might want to visit a doctor to make sure that it is SK indeed.
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Older & though SK might require longer treatment time and more applications. Hopefully everybody will be able to remove those nasty things, it is just a matter of time, and all will be able to show beautiful skin!!

EZUltrasound - I was diagnosed with SK at derm office. Based on your description, the things you have sound like SK, but you might want to visit a doctor to make sure that it is SK indeed.

Thanks for the reply. It seems like the at home treatment you outlined could be used for mole removal as well. I was reading another post in the DIY forum on mole removal and lots of good reviews for the "itworkspaste."

Do you think it would be safe to try this procedure on a mole?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |